• Please log in to reply
654 replies to this topic

#421 ohsosweet315

ohsosweet315

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

Here is my GT experience from Chicago which was a very good one.
We got our email two days before the show stating that we should be there at 4:00PM to check-in with Sarah and that the meet and greet would be after the show at around 10PM.
So the day of the show we got into town early to do all of our Blood Ball stuff and got in line a little after 2 since there were already 12-15 other GT people waiting.  It was super cold outside so it was about the longest two hours of my life.  Anyway, right at 4 Sarah came out and told us we were going to be let in 10 people at a time to check in and not to block the door to the daycare that was immediately next door.  So we are in to check in and at the time we only get our wrist bands.  We were provided with some snacks (fruit, veggies, pretzels) and water while we waiting for everyone to check in which was nice cause most of us hadn't eaten in a while.  We were probably waiting for an hour in the foyer of the Aragon before we got let in to the main lobby you could say.  Before she let us in the lobby Sarah let us all get a chance to potty and told us when we were let in to wait at the stairs, we could buy merchandise and go to the blood booth while we waited to be let up the stairs.
So from there we went to the stairs... nobody really got out of line for anything that I saw except a few of us, including myself, who didn't use the bathroom because I let my sister go instead.  So from there we went up the stairs but had to wait because they weren't quite ready to let us onto the floor.  But she did explain to us that we were to follow her in a single line to the barricade, we were to stay inside the line on the left side of the stage and that we were not to move until GA had gotten in and had there place then it was fair game.  She also said if she saw us try to be sneaky and rush to their side of the barrier when they were let in she would kick us out. Which is fair I think.  And also said for us not to run when she led us to the barrier... so what did everyone do... Yep, they ran. LOL
We had almost half of the stage for GT so 80% of us had barrier.  So it was nice.  I just was irritated with the people that started running like mad to the stage like we were at some Backstreet Boys concert, lol.  When GA was let in later though it was the same, girls were stampeding to get barrier and I believe a girl got trampled pretty badly on the stairs.
So anyway, people w/ package 2&3 were told if we wanted on side stage we had to meet Sarah at 8pm on side stage and if we didn't then okay.  There was no big deal made about having to get out of the pit and go there.  My sister and I had side stage access but since we had barrier we decided to stay. Except for me, right after Anberlin played I started feeling overheated and dizzy so I decided maybe going to side stage would help so I went over there and actually ended up fainting from heat exhaustion. Drank to bottles of waters by the EMTs and I was fine.  Sarah came and got me and took me over.  Which, she actually walked me across the stage which was kinda funny, pretty sure we cast shadows on the white cloth they put up cause they audience started going nuts.
Watching from side stage was nice. Sarah, I have to say was very awesome to me personally cause I was struggling with the heat a lot (I didn't eat enough that day) and was giving me water and making sure I was feeling okay even though we weren't supposed to have any on the stage.  So I have to say she was very awesome at looking out for us.
Once the show was over we stayed on the floor, the band came and met us out on the floor.  This is when we got our gift bags and then finally the guys came out.  Sarah had initially thought they were gonna come out still bloody but of coarse they got all clean and pretty before they came out.  Which was fine.  It wasn't a super rushed meet and greet, at least it didn't feel like it was.  We each got something signed, got to say a few words.  Tomo seemed the most quiet out of all of them, although when they first came out he pretended to run into a pillar and collapse which was goofy.  Shannon was sweet I told him since he was sick that I was impressed and glad that he was able to come being so sick and he was very greatfull back and said "I wouldn't miss a show in Chicago ever."  and Jared was very talkative. At first he had his glasses on and of coarse all the girls wanted him to take them off so he did.  He was very sweet, a lot more soft spoken then he appears on stage.  And his eyes are amazing up close. He's still too skinny though, I wanted to slip him a cheeseburger and promise not to tell anyone :cP
For the pictures we were all between Jared and Shannon and even though we were told no touching, hugs, etc.  They put their arms around everyone for the picks.  Here's me and my sister's picks from the M&G.  They are kinda bleh since we were all sweaty and nasty:
http://www.flickr.co...N04/5626177960/
http://www.flickr.co...N04/5625586883/
Over all I had a blast, I thought the whole GT experience was great.  I know some people online have been complaining about all the rules, them seeming like Nazi's and no space at barrier but I didn't see a problem with it. Not everyone is going to be happy, Sarah does an amazing job making everything clear about what is being done, what doesn't need to be done so that everyone can have a good experience. So I would definitely buy a GT again if they come back around.

#422 SarahKay

SarahKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

Glad your experience seems to be a lot better then most. Glad you had a good time and wonderful pics! Funny about the no touching or hugging. ILAA encouraged hugs.. lol. Although I didn't hug or touch any of them..

#423 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

I have to ask. Is a gift bag (is it $100 worth of merch?) and a M&G worth the extra $200+? Do they not do regular M&G's after the shows anymore or what? Absolutelty no more hanging out at the buses, either?

I guess with the drama that happened in the singing line that I saw(which was super mild but I saw how the band and their management reacted..cuz J was sick) I could imagine why they maybe don't do them as often...now. heh

They should go back to the AIDS gloves and facemasks if they're so worried about everybodies sicknesses...i can totally understand that btw--but he fareakin' crowd surfs while sweaty making contact with hundreds of other peoples sweaty fluids (ew!) defeats the purpose of avoiding germs!.

#424 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

Well he used to be protected by three layers of clothes back in the day :lol:, now he gets stripped the second he gets near the crowd. But yeah not really hanging outside anymore, Shannon comes out I think most the time but that's it usually. Too many people waiting outside, plus they've already had to M&G about 100 people.

#425 ohsosweet315

ohsosweet315

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

View Postpale_existence, on 17 April 2011 - 02:34 PM, said:

I have to ask. Is a gift bag (is it $100 worth of merch?) and a M&G worth the extra $200+? Do they not do regular M&G's after the shows anymore or what? Absolutelty no more hanging out at the buses, either?

I guess with the drama that happened in the singing line that I saw(which was super mild but I saw how the band and their management reacted..cuz J was sick) I could imagine why they maybe don't do them as often...now. heh

They should go back to the AIDS gloves and facemasks if they're so worried about everybodies sicknesses...i can totally understand that btw--but he fareakin' crowd surfs while sweaty making contact with hundreds of other peoples sweaty fluids (ew!) defeats the purpose of avoiding germs!.
Well its not really a gift bag its a black earth friendly tote bag that says "30 seconds to mars" and inside is a black mars tshirt with neon blue and purple writing with a triad and says "golden ticket experience"(I think) on the back, also a lanyard with signage that matches shirt and a big earth friendly of jared looking out towards the crowd.
Would have been awesome to have a wristband too but oh well :P

#426 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:57 PM

^^ sounds nice...but is it worth it?  pictures of the merch?

________

))

#427 ohsosweet315

ohsosweet315

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

View Postpale_existence, on 17 April 2011 - 02:57 PM, said:

^^ sounds nice...but is it worth it?  pictures of the merch?
yeah I thought it was worth it for sure. Not sure I'll buy GTs for every show I attend of theirs in the future(i know some people strictly buy GTs but its too expensive to do that everytime) but I plan on doing it again.
And for pics of the merch we got you can go to my photostream on flickr where I posted them:
http://www.flickr.co...s/61787995@N04/
:)

#428 laurelwechelon

laurelwechelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

To Ohsosweet315, how many GT's were at your show?  If 80% got barricade, it sounds like not to many GT's, unless your barricade was really wide.  Plus you said you got half of the barricade.  In San Jose, we only got 1/3 oft he barricade, so no one was close to the center, and not that many people got barricade.  And we were 15-20 rows deep in our floor section.

#429 ohsosweet315

ohsosweet315

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:23 AM

There were if I had to guess 60 people total... we didn't get half but we got more than a third. But the barricade at the Aragon was pretty long so we got lucky there. I know if this were the case at the place I saw them in Indy last October it would have been less at barrier cause the barrier wasn't as long. So its definitely gonna depend on the width of the stage of the venue and how many GTs were sold.

#430 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

Will the person who took one of my posts from here and tweeted it (in/with my name attached) to the golden ticket twitter please not do that again. I don't share your opinion & I don't really like the style of how you keep complaining to that team and I do not want you to use my words (and name) to further that/your approach. If I'd want to voice my opinion to that team I'd tweet them myself.

#431 clarkie2000

clarkie2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

View Postohsosweet315, on 17 April 2011 - 11:22 AM, said:

We got our email two days before the show stating that we should be there at 4:00PM to check-in with Sarah and that the meet and greet would be after the show at around 10PM.
So the day of the show we got into town early to do all of our Blood Ball stuff and got in line a little after 2 since there were already 12-15 other GT people waiting.  It was super cold outside so it was about the longest two hours of my life.  Anyway, right at 4 Sarah came out and told us we were going to be let in 10 people at a time to check in and not to block the door to the daycare that was immediately next door.  So we are in to check in and at the time we only get our wrist bands.  We were provided with some snacks (fruit, veggies, pretzels) and water while we waiting for everyone to check in which was nice cause most of us hadn't eaten in a while.  We were probably waiting for an hour in the foyer of the Aragon before we got let in to the main lobby you could say.  Before she let us in the lobby Sarah let us all get a chance to potty and told us when we were let in to wait at the stairs, we could buy merchandise and go to the blood booth while we waited to be let up the stairs.
So from there we went to the stairs... nobody really got out of line for anything that I saw except a few of us, including myself, who didn't use the bathroom because I let my sister go instead.  So from there we went up the stairs but had to wait because they weren't quite ready to let us onto the floor.  But she did explain to us that we were to follow her in a single line to the barricade, we were to stay inside the line on the left side of the stage and that we were not to move until GA had gotten in and had there place then it was fair game.  She also said if she saw us try to be sneaky and rush to their side of the barrier when they were let in she would kick us out. Which is fair I think.  And also said for us not to run when she led us to the barrier... so what did everyone do... Yep, they ran. LOL
We had almost half of the stage for GT so 80% of us had barrier.  So it was nice.  I just was irritated with the people that started running like mad to the stage like we were at some Backstreet Boys concert, lol.  When GA was let in later though it was the same, girls were stampeding to get barrier and I believe a girl got trampled pretty badly on the stairs.
So anyway, people w/ package 2&3 were told if we wanted on side stage we had to meet Sarah at 8pm on side stage and if we didn't then okay.  There was no big deal made about having to get out of the pit and go there.  My sister and I had side stage access but since we had barrier we decided to stay. Except for me, right after Anberlin played I started feeling overheated and dizzy so I decided maybe going to side stage would help so I went over there and actually ended up fainting from heat exhaustion. Drank to bottles of waters by the EMTs and I was fine.  Sarah came and got me and took me over.  Which, she actually walked me across the stage which was kinda funny, pretty sure we cast shadows on the white cloth they put up cause they audience started going nuts.
Watching from side stage was nice. Sarah, I have to say was very awesome to me personally cause I was struggling with the heat a lot (I didn't eat enough that day) and was giving me water and making sure I was feeling okay even though we weren't supposed to have any on the stage.  So I have to say she was very awesome at looking out for us.
Once the show was over we stayed on the floor, the band came and met us out on the floor.  This is when we got our gift bags and then finally the guys came out.  Sarah had initially thought they were gonna come out still bloody but of coarse they got all clean and pretty before they came out.  Which was fine.  It wasn't a super rushed meet and greet, at least it didn't feel like it was.  We each got something signed, got to say a few words.  Tomo seemed the most quiet out of all of them, although when they first came out he pretended to run into a pillar and collapse which was goofy.  Shannon was sweet I told him since he was sick that I was impressed and glad that he was able to come being so sick and he was very greatfull back and said "I wouldn't miss a show in Chicago ever."  and Jared was very talkative. At first he had his glasses on and of coarse all the girls wanted him to take them off so he did.  He was very sweet, a lot more soft spoken then he appears on stage.  And his eyes are amazing up close. He's still too skinny though, I wanted to slip him a cheeseburger and promise not to tell anyone :cP
For the pictures we were all between Jared and Shannon and even though we were told no touching, hugs, etc.  They put their arms around everyone for the picks.  Here's me and my sister's picks from the M&G.  They are kinda bleh since we were all sweaty and nasty:
Over all I had a blast, I thought the whole GT experience was great.  I know some people online have been complaining about all the rules, them seeming like Nazi's and no space at barrier but I didn't see a problem with it. Not everyone is going to be happy, Sarah does an amazing job making everything clear about what is being done, what doesn't need to be done so that everyone can have a good experience. So I would definitely buy a GT again if they come back around.

So what was it like watching from the side of the stage? Were you set back so it was like watching them from behind or was it a true side view? Also how many people watched from the side stage?

#432 ohsosweet315

ohsosweet315

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:09 PM

View Postclarkie2000, on 19 April 2011 - 04:00 PM, said:

So what was it like watching from the side of the stage? Were you set back so it was like watching them from behind or was it a true side view? Also how many people watched from the side stage?
I liked it. I would prefer to be in the put usually but your a lot closer to them on stage, especially Tomo cause its on his side. Youre set back a bit so Jared you see the back of most although he walks back and forth so much and hops around so you do see him. Tomo paid good attention to us and Jared would kinda quickly make eye contact with us or smile at us every once & a while. It was nice to see things from a different perspective. At the show in Chicago there were maybe 12 of us. So it wasn't bad at all.
I took a few videos from side stage and put them on YouTube if you wanna see them to get a better idea of perspective:
http://www.youtube.c...04?feature=mhum

#433 ems89

ems89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:32 AM

OMG! I'm so excited! Just bought package #1 GT!! This will be my first concert of MARS and their first time coming to Puerto Rico. I hope everything goes smoothly. After the concert I'll post my experience here :D This will be the longest month of my life XD

#434 Jamie W.

Jamie W.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:52 AM

View Postems89, on 20 April 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

OMG! I'm so excited! Just bought package #1 GT!! This will be my first concert of MARS and their first time coming to Puerto Rico. I hope everything goes smoothly. After the concert I'll post my experience here :D This will be the longest month of my life XD

i counted down for over 60 days, i know how you feel:) but trust me, it's worth the wait!

#435 ems89

ems89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

View PostJamie W., on 20 April 2011 - 07:52 AM, said:

i counted down for over 60 days, i know how you feel:) but trust me, it's worth the wait!

I have no doubt!

#436 sapphirewind

sapphirewind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

I was GT for the Chicago show too. It was my first Mars headlining show. I bought the first package option for my bday or else I couldn't justify the cost to myself or my hubby, lol. I met with 7 or 8 pals who I met online and were there since 3 in the am...I got there later around 11am cuz I had insomnia until they left. Oh and I set up my blanket on the WRONG SIDE cuz no one told me otherwise for about an hour....I was working on something in the parkinglot watching friends get bloodied. It sucked at first when I had to leave them but I was in the GT line with a few friends and one even was still with me by the M&G. My only issue is I felt like I was in middle school or being moved around like cattle. I guess they gotta keep an eye on us right? But as a 28 yr old married woman....being lined up constantly....5 mins for the bathroom and told not to run was a little strange. Oh and one other thing...the way they have the stage set up...I was left of Tomo (tho 5th in line ...everyone ran ahead of me)... and couldn't see him well until he stepped on top of the highest riser.... and yes we did have a third of the stage I suppose but that included being in front of the sound equiptment area...  I could see BEHIND the curtain a bit! I didn't even see Jared go into the crowd or stand on the barricade...clueless till I saw the vid on youtube. I was afraid to run to the restroom or lose my spot so I waited for the whold performance and tried to RUN downstairs....it was easy getting back at least.

The actual M&G was pretty good. The guys came out from different sides so no one was first or last to get a signature at least. I thought I was dead last due to the bathroom but it ended up being first for pictures! The guys were all gracious and spoke to them all...may have said something odd ....Jared gave me one of those blank silent stares, I almost yelled "what?!" But then he was off...maybe he was studying me to remember just in case I'm a nutbag lol.... gave them all bracelets they put on (I put on Tomo's!) They are stretch chainmaille linl...if anyone has pics of them wearing them PLEASE send to sapphirexwind@gmail.com. The pic xould have been taken over...the photographer didn't seem pleased....I was just about the only one not smiling in the pics....due to my fangs (hey Bloodball right) and kinda felt a bit rushed at that point. But not due to anyone but myself....Sarah did make sure she got the right email for me...I was about to leave...make sure you have a physical ticket...as I only had it online and it took forever to pull up she put me on the side. I had to meet back up with the girls and go back to our hotel...get changed and cleaned up for Shannon's gig at a bar. Glad I'm not reviewing that place....the nads on some people! Ugh I hate bars!

#437 ptung8

ptung8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:25 AM

hey.so..i was at the show in st. louis.  i was told the pictures would be available either the next day or the day after that.  well it's the 3rd day and still nothing, so i was wondering how long did it take for y'all to receive your photos back?

Thanks!

#438 lafftillup

lafftillup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:33 AM

Okay, I'm confused. People with GT's still have to line up to get into the theater? I have a GT for Montreal and am traveling to get there, dont know the city at all and want to make sure I know what I'm doing.....

#439 Mrs_Dreamer

Mrs_Dreamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

View Postohsosweet315, on 17 April 2011 - 11:22 AM, said:

Doesn't sound all too bad...Although it's kinda a pity that it's just a quick chat, photo and off we go...it's understandable though...they don't have time for hanging out with so much going on around them...

Which package did you have? I bought package #1...there's a M&G included there too right? I am kinda confused because on earlier packages i saw there was no M&G included..

Gosh i am so excited i just hope me and my friend get there on time, cause we are going to Milan from Switzerland...

xoxo

#440 Tammy81

Tammy81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:27 AM

View PostMrs_Dreamer, on 21 April 2011 - 08:04 AM, said:

Doesn't sound all too bad...Although it's kinda a pity that it's just a quick chat, photo and off we go...it's understandable though...they don't have time for hanging out with so much going on around them...

Which package did you have? I bought package #1...there's a M&G included there too right? I am kinda confused because on earlier packages i saw there was no M&G included..

Gosh i am so excited i just hope me and my friend get there on time, cause we are going to Milan from Switzerland...

xoxo

yes package 1 has m&g too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users