654 replies to this topic

#1 swissgirl

swissgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

Good Evening everybody

I was wondering, if anybody already had a Meet&Greet with 30STM and how it was for you.
I got Tickets for Oberhausen (M&G) and will be going just the day afterwards to the concert in Basel. Already saw them 2 Times this year, was able to stand on the stage for Kings and Queens.
To finally meet them is amazing, i can`t wait and counting the days.

Thanks for your feedbacks and have fun shaking hands

#2 SarahKay

SarahKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (swissgirl @ Nov 17 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good Evening everybody

I was wondering, if anybody already had a Meet&Greet with 30STM and how it was for you.
I got Tickets for Oberhausen (M&G) and will be going just the day afterwards to the concert in Basel. Already saw them 2 Times this year, was able to stand on the stage for Kings and Queens.

I don't know if the "Golden Tickets" are done the same way as the I Love All Access packages are.. but with the ILAA you get a host, a little cheap boring "party", and the band comes in for a photo op. Quick hello they sign stuff, snap a picture, and your on your way. Very quick. I dont think its worth the money..  but I have been spoiled from past encounters with the guys so I guess I am bias. You'll have fun. smile.gif

#3 Leah_Echelon_B

Leah_Echelon_B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (swissgirl @ Nov 17 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good Evening everybody

I managed to get a golden ticket but im not really sure what to expect! Im worried it;ll be a mega let down as a few people have said its a rip off. =[
I guess I'll just be thankful for what I get. Atleast a conversation with the guys and some photos will keep me very happy!

#4 laurelwechelon

laurelwechelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:05 AM

THANK YOU FOR THIS TOPIC!  I was just going to start one.  I'm in CA, and did the ILAA twice this past year.  That company was great--when you bought a package you immediately got a confirmation email from them, and if you had any questions, they answered your emails right away, and they always answered their phone.  

Recently I bought a Golden Ticket for Las Vegas, and I have a couple of questions.  I've emailed Sisyphus Touring, and I've left a voicemail at their number, but they've never gotten back to me.  I can't find any info about them online at all.  I read comments on the oversees golden ticket purchase pages (although I can't find any of the comments any longer, they seem to have been removed), and there were lots of comments from people saying that they couldn't get ahold of the company, that their show was coming up soon and they never got a confirmation, etc.  

So, if anyone has gotten a Golden Ticket, please let those of us in the US who have no experience with this company know how everything went, when/if they sent you a confirmation, if you had any problems at all, and if you have any real contact info for them.  Thanks!!

#5 Leah_Echelon_B

Leah_Echelon_B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (laurelwechelon @ Nov 18 2010, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THANK YOU FOR THIS TOPIC!  I was just going to start one.  I'm in CA, and did the ILAA twice this past year.  That company was great--when you bought a package you immediately got a confirmation email from them, and if you had any questions, they answered your emails right away, and they always answered their phone.  

Recently I bought a Golden Ticket for Las Vegas, and I have a couple of questions.  I've emailed Sisyphus Touring, and I've left a voicemail at their number, but they've never gotten back to me.  I can't find any info about them online at all.  I read comments on the oversees golden ticket purchase pages (although I can't find any of the comments any longer, they seem to have been removed), and there were lots of comments from people saying that they couldn't get ahold of the company, that their show was coming up soon and they never got a confirmation, etc.  

So, if anyone has gotten a Golden Ticket, please let those of us in the US who have no experience with this company know how everything went, when/if they sent you a confirmation, if you had any problems at all, and if you have any real contact info for them.  Thanks!!

I got told by the admin on here that you get the confirmation and more info the week of the gig, which sucks cos my shows on a Tuesday

#6 laurelwechelon

laurelwechelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (Leah_Echelon_B @ Nov 18 2010, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got told by the admin on here that you get the confirmation and more info the week of the gig, which sucks cos my shows on a Tuesday

Your show is in just 5 days, and you've never received a confirmation from them??  And what about people who have questions?  Yikes.

#7 Leah_Echelon_B

Leah_Echelon_B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (laurelwechelon @ Nov 18 2010, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your show is in just 5 days, and you've never received a confirmation from them??  And what about people who have questions?  Yikes.

Nah my shows in 12 days on Nov 30th.

Theres nowhere to ask questions which is odd. I dont even know how theyll get info to us, unless its in an email. All i have is a reciept and the thought of meeting the guys lol! doesnt worry me though at all, I know I can just go pick up the ticket from the o2 box ofice. all I wanna no desperatly is what time to arrive. I wont be going in early as I have work etc in the morning and need to travel into London rom Essex (outskirts) Just dont wanna miss anything cos of it being so unogranised

#8 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

With the ILAA they did send an email about 10 days to a week before, so you should get it any day. It will probably tell you where to meet and what time. If for some reason you do not get this info on time, I would try to inquire where you pick up your tickets, go early, and look for signs. Print off anything you did/do receive, and take it with you, as well as I.D.

#9 laurelwechelon

laurelwechelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Can someone who has already gone to a show and who bought a Golden Ticket please let the rest of us know how everything went in terms of finally getting your confirmation, getting your ticket, how the meet and greet went, etc?  Thanks!

#10 SarahKay

SarahKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (laurelwechelon @ Nov 19 2010, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone who has already gone to a show and who bought a Golden Ticket please let the rest of us know how everything went in terms of finally getting your confirmation, getting your ticket, how the meet and greet went, etc?  Thanks!

Yeah I would like to to know how it went in South Africa yesterday.. I believe they sold some there?

#11 phillygirl

phillygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

Has anyone ever done the VIP package where you watch the show from the side of the stage? Is it a good view of the show?  Was thinking it would be nice, not to sweat and be crushed. Anyone ever have this experience? Or is it just strange?

#12 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:58 AM

I was on side stage in Philly in April. Personally I didn't like it that much as the sound (speakers) are infront of you more towards the audience so you don't get such a good sound there. You see the band from the side/back. But it does have a novelty factor being able to see it from there. You see stuff you don't really see from down in the pit. Personally I prefer to be in the crowd, especially when the more fast paced songs are being played. You just get pulled in with the vibe much more. But that is just a personal preference.

Also I just heard from a friend who is doing the golden ticket. Basically they are allowed to stand wherever they want. So also in the pit at barrier. It does mean that they have to give up on their soundboard/sidestage option if they do that. If you do the K&Q on stage then you'll have to be at an assigned pick up spot sometime during the show. So this is basically opposite to what was being said by the hive before where it was either the soundboard/sidestage spot or a seated spot (not a free choice of where to stand). Now they can stand wherever they want and yes this means those that queue before the concert are screwed and possibly have no chance at barrier (possible side of barrier depending I guess how big the barrier is). I have neither a golden ticket nor was I planning to queue for a barrier spot but I do find this sad. The fan that doesn't have $$$ but is willing to invest time in queuing has no chance anymore. Ah well, how come this doesn't surprise me anymore?

The band wants the front row to go nuts? Well chances are now that you'll have moms/dads not interested in the music accompanying kids with golden tickets standing up front there. Had that in Miami. A mom with a perhaps 10 year old at barrier. Mom wasn't moving along an inch to the music. Standing there like a piece of dead meat. Totally killed the atmosphere where I was standing.

#13 Cannibalsurfbabe

Cannibalsurfbabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (Larissa @ Nov 22 2010, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was on side stage in Philly in April. Personally I didn't like it that much as the sound (speakers) are infront of you more towards the audience so you don't get such a good sound there. You see the band from the side/back. But it does have a novelty factor being able to see it from there. You see stuff you don't really see from down in the pit. Personally I prefer to be in the crowd, especially when the more fast paced songs are being played. You just get pulled in with the vibe much more. But that is just a personal preference.

Also I just heard from a friend who is doing the golden ticket. Basically they are allowed to stand wherever they want. So also in the pit at barrier. It does mean that they have to give up on their soundboard/sidestage option if they do that. If you do the K&Q on stage then you'll have to be at an assigned pick up spot sometime during the show. So this is basically opposite to what was being said by the hive before where it was either the soundboard/sidestage spot or a seated spot (not a free choice of where to stand). Now they can stand wherever they want and yes this means those that queue before the concert are screwed and possibly have no chance at barrier (possible side of barrier depending I guess how big the barrier is). I have neither a golden ticket nor was I planning to queue for a barrier spot but I do find this sad. The fan that doesn't have $$$ but is willing to invest time in queuing has no chance anymore. Ah well, how come this doesn't surprise me anymore?

The band wants the front row to go nuts? Well chances are now that you'll have moms/dads not interested in the music accompanying kids with golden tickets standing up front there. Had that in Miami. A mom with a perhaps 10 year old at barrier. Mom wasn't moving along an inch to the music. Standing there like a piece of dead meat. Totally killed the atmosphere where I was standing.

I am a mum. I have a Golden Ticket, with my daughter. I'm 48 years old. Just to clarify, I am neither a piece of meat nor disinterested. In fact I am arguably a bigger (in more ways than one lol!) fan than my daughter. I am totally obsessed with the music, the atmosphere, the sense of belonging and the whole 30STM thing.

I have seen the band tons, over the years I have invested a ton of time queueing and promoting the band. You will usually find me dancing and singing in the pit. On this leg of the tour, I have paid for 2 Golden Tickets but I scrimped and saved for them. I will be trading my place that comes with the GT, for a front and centre barrier spot.  And I will bloody well enjoy every second of it.

Peace and Love xx

#14 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:53 AM

I was referring to the person at that gig in Miami, standing still and yes being a piece of meat. Also there was a dad with two daughters in Washington DC that basically stood there still during the gig too. Jared even called him out on it (" everybody go nuts, yes that means you too dad standing there protecting your daughters"). I did not say that you or all parents will do the same, but the chances are there if people who are not interested in the band will accompany minors and or other people and go to the front. You have said yourself that you are a fan of the band and go there to see the band. Am assuming that you will not stand there like the mom I encountered in Miami. A mom who told me off btw for dancing and jumping to the music btw. If you don't want / like it then don't go into the pit. Simple as that. But people will if they have the chance and that's when situations like this occur.

I personally feel people that don't have the cash are being screwed over. Especially since the message before was the opposite when these golden tickets were sold (aka you have to either go to your seat or to the designated spot). That is and always be my opinion. I have been to plenty Mars gigs and seen the people queuing. I don't do that personally but I know how much it means to them and they are willing to invenst their time vs the cash for it. But hey, it's a commercial world and if one wants to buy the time with the band and front row well then go for it. I won't.

#15 Cannibalsurfbabe

Cannibalsurfbabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (Larissa @ Nov 22 2010, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was referring to the person at that gig in Miami, standing still and yes being a piece of meat. Also there was a dad with two daughters in Washington DC that basically stood there still during the gig too. Jared even called him out on it (" everybody go nuts, yes that means you too dad standing there protecting your daughters"). I did not say that you or all parents will do the same, but the chances are there if people who are not interested in the band will accompany minors and or other people and go to the front. You have said yourself that you are a fan of the band and go there to see the band. Am assuming that you will not stand there like the mom I encountered in Miami. A mom who told me off btw for dancing and jumping to the music btw. If you don't want / like it then don't go into the pit. Simple as that. But people will if they have the chance and that's when situations like this occur.

I personally feel people that don't have the cash are being screwed over. Especially since the message before was the opposite when these golden tickets were sold (aka you have to either go to your seat or to the designated spot). That is and always be my opinion. I have been to plenty Mars gigs and seen the people queuing. I don't do that personally but I know how much it means to them and they are willing to invenst their time vs the cash for it. But hey, it's a commercial world and if one wants to buy the time with the band and front row well then go for it. I won't.

Nice reply.

I can understand frustration but it is a sad fact that we live in a consumerist and commercial world. I'm fully expecting my plastic will spontaneously combust after the 2 shows in December (I'm doing Manchester to a a regular ticket holder) Both of which involve substantial travelling and hotel bills as I live at the end of the earth. I really dread to think how much to be honest. But WTF - I could be dead tomorrow - but I hope not cos I would miss the shows.....

Hope the experience is everything I hope it will be - but hey it's MARS how can it not be??

xxx

#16 Leah_Echelon_B

Leah_Echelon_B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

I still havent recieved my confirmation for my golden ticket =[ The shows in 9 days, though I did only order it last Tuesday

#17 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (Cannibalsurfbabe @ Nov 22 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice reply.

I can understand frustration but it is a sad fact that we live in a consumerist and commercial world. I'm fully expecting my plastic will spontaneously combust after the 2 shows in December (I'm doing Manchester to a a regular ticket holder) Both of which involve substantial travelling and hotel bills as I live at the end of the earth. I really dread to think how much to be honest. But WTF - I could be dead tomorrow - but I hope not cos I would miss the shows.....

Hope the experience is everything I hope it will be - but hey it's MARS how can it not be??

xxx

Hope indeed you didn't take the comment about the Miami lady personally. I am neither young nor a size 0 myself laugh.gif so it has nothing to do with that. More a lack of participating and getting up front just because you paid for it while people who would want to get there and be involved in the concert can't.

#18 phillygirl

phillygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (Larissa @ Nov 22 2010, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the input. I have never done this, and if I do it will be the one and only time. I don't have that kind of money. I have gone a bunch of times with my daughter and friends this past year. Yes waiting in line. Yes she was disappointed after all that waiting she was not at the barrier. I have seen them in the past. I saw them with my step-son as an opening band.  I too am in my forties. My daughter is not young though. She is going on 17 and gets nuts on the floor with her friends. We share a love of music. I thought the sound might be shitty. I would love the soundboard. See I made a bucklist. I have always wanted to see what it is like from the stage. Any stage. Since they do these packages and I do like them, I thought this would be the opportunity.  My daughter is not going this time. I hope I will be able to go with her when they finish the tour. I only want to do this if it is worth it. It's more about being on stage than meeting them. I am not exactly the young fan girl, way past that. So that could be awkward. But like I said I have started a bucket list for a reason. I won't be doing this again. I want it to be a memorable experience.  Honestly, is it worth it?  I was hoping this was a way to see it without being crushed or sweat to death. Just once. I will see them the regular way in Clifton. Be honest with me. Next on the bucklist, see a humpback whale in the wild. Just thought I would throw that in. All input is welcome. Thanks.

#19 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

You can usually stand at soundboard when you have a GA ticket, it's generally located somewhere in the middle of the venue. I've stood there at several gigs. They say it's the best place to hear the gig. Also it usually has some barrier around it so you have a spot to hold on to laugh.gif Regarding age, who cares. I'm in my late 30's too. They're are not young ones themselves haha so why should it be akward.

And yes go see some humpback whales. I went on a tiny boat 10 years ago and saw them really close. Amazing experience even though I was scared as hell that they'd flip the boat (which they didn't). Always good to have some goals and dreams you want to see/do/exerience. What would life be without that...

#20 Thally

Thally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Larissa @ Nov 22 2010, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also I just heard from a friend who is doing the golden ticket. Basically they are allowed to stand wherever they want. So also in the pit at barrier.

Wonderfull.... Thats just Fucking great... rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users