#42 Sandra M

Sandra M

*a poop in the woods*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

I always have to wait until monday after work until I can watch. wink.gif
Episode was great. The guts part was really gross. Ew.
That guy on the roof was annoying and a dick so I was hoping something would happen to him but I'd never thought they would actually leave him there. That's fucking cruel. My guess: he will be freeing himself!? Didn't that tool box fall on the ground right next to him when the guy (forgot his name) came back for him?
So nothing special going on with that zombie from last week ey? I would've bet my life on it that he's kinda special or important.

#43 finrod.hoc

finrod.hoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Sandra M @ Nov 8 2010, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always have to wait until monday after work until I can watch. wink.gif
Episode was great. The guts part was really gross. Ew.
That guy on the roof was annoying and a dick so I was hoping something would happen to him but I'd never thought they would actually leave him there. That's fucking cruel. My guess: he will be freeing himself!? Didn't that tool box fall on the ground right next to him when the guy (forgot his name) came back for him?
So nothing special going on with that zombie from last week ey? I would've bet my life on it that he's kinda special or important.

Yes I definitely think the toolbox thing was some foreshadowing.  I don't think we have seen the last of that guy.  He was an ass though!  I wanted to see him get his due but just not yet I guess.  

This episode was really good.  A lot more action going on.  Good start on the character development.  It seems to me that Lori still must care about Rick somewhat since she took off her ring when she was shacking up with Shane.  At least that's how I translated her action there initially.  Could also be she didn't want Shane to stare at it on her boobs.  I dunno.  Will be interesting to see what happens when they all meet up.

#44 ROSSSSSS10

ROSSSSSS10

thank you and may raw rock kill you forever and ever, amen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

this show is so fucking awesome.

#45 Innocence lost

Innocence lost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

This show is awesome! The last episode was excellent! The guy on the roof was an asshole but it still wasn't right to leave him like that. I don't see how they will go back and get him.

#46 ROSSSSSS10

ROSSSSSS10

thank you and may raw rock kill you forever and ever, amen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Innocence lost @ Nov 8 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This show is awesome! The last episode was excellent! The guy on the roof was an asshole but it still wasn't right to leave him like that. I don't see how they will go back and get him.

he at least tried to get the handcuffs off.
personally, i'd leave the racist junkie on the roof.

#47 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

Ball buster Extraordinaire , No newb here..Incognito 2001

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:48 PM

They actually do go back and get him in the comic..atleast this is what i'm told. His brother is going to be on the next episode.

#48 blurred1

blurred1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:05 AM

I caught on both of them last night on On Demand. I am pretty impressed...not nearly as chessy as I was afraid it was going to be. Interesting twist with the wife and friend. Maybe I missed it, but how long was he in the hospital? She moved on kinda fast.

#49 Innocence lost

Innocence lost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (ROSSSSSS10 @ Nov 8 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he at least tried to get the handcuffs off.
personally, i'd leave the racist junkie on the roof.

Yeah he did. But he should have done it first thing. Instead of leaving and then thinking about it and then going back. I do understand though cuz I would have been tempted to leave his ass too. But he's still a person so I wouldn't.

#50 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

I think I'm having a nervous breakdance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

Well yay, I watched it when it was already dark out. tongue.gif  The guts thing nearly made me ralph.  Then the dead kittens and puppies thing made me laugh.  Love this show.

A lot of things are very predictable (the rain giving them away, the guy being left on the roof, her sister being at the camp with Shane and Lori, the sewer not being a way out, hack saw falling near idiot so he'll free himself) but that doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the show at all.  

What I loved was being totally nervous for Rick and Glen because I knew the rain would give them away - the tension in that scene was insane - so well done.  If I had been on that roof with the rest my insane screaming would have given them away! lol

Disappointed that star zombie from last week didn't seem to have a role this week, though.  And the zombies are smarter than I gave them credit for, using the rocks to break the windows.  Where did they find them?

#51 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

Astupitgirl, could you please use the spoiler tags about stuff coming up if you were told something and/or it's from the comic which I've never read? This series is great and I like this thread but I will stop coming in if stuff is getting spilled early. sad.gif

blurred1 I don't think we know exactly how long he was in the hospital, it kinda got skimmed over.

Yeah, leaving that dude on the roof was cold, but he was an asshole and seemed more of a liability than an asset to the group. The guy who had the key did trip and lose it, it wasn't on purpose... but yeah. I could feel that guy's internal struggle. My life, his life and he's not even nice but he is human... it could drive a person mad.

Sheriff stopping before hacking into the zombie to check his wallet, his name, how much money he had when he died and that he would tell his family about him when he found them... so human. Then kittens and puppies and dead kittens and puppies. I like it so much.

They are out of the tents and having sex in the middle of the woods. Like, seriously? I'm all for end of the world sex but how about a concrete bunker or something. "Eat me" takes on a whole new meaning if there are zombies involved.  ohmy.gif

I pretty much figured the sewer was not going to be a way out, but I did not expect rat eating zombies to suddenly appear on the other side of the grate. *squeeze cat*

I don't think I breathed at all during the entire walk through the zombies getting to the truck. Yep Joanne, the tension they create is great. *squeeze cat*

I made this last night for one of the threads where it seemed to fit. The boards are dead, it was overlooked, it's not that funny and/or people don't get my humor. I'm putting it here cause it's "The Walking Dead" appropriate. smile.gif

#52 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (CandyO @ Nov 9 2010, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are out of the tents and having sex in the middle of the woods. Like, seriously? I'm all for end of the world sex but how about a concrete bunker or something. "Eat me" takes on a whole new meaning if there are zombies involved.  ohmy.gif

I made this last night for one of the threads where it seemed to fit. The boards are dead, it was overlooked, it's not that funny and/or people don't get my humor. I'm putting it here cause it's "The Walking Dead" appropriate. smile.gif

I Know right ! She goes off in the woods to pick mushrooms, better be effing starving I tell you, so do zombies remember how to have sex? LMAO That would be gooey, parts coming loose, coming off EW! and then if they could talk the chick would be like
"Hey you forgot to pull out.. oh wait"  blink.gif  laugh.gif
I think it's great, beating a dead horse... eating a dead horse.. +1

#53 bagheera

bagheera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:52 AM

I can't find Ep 2 to download. =(
Maybe  I haven't spent enough time looking. I found Ep 1 right away last week. Wth.

Boo.

#54 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:30 AM

Is livestream an option or is your connection not fast enough?  I watched both eps on sidereel.com, no downloading needed.

#55 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

Yeah, keep looking , it's up somewhere!  

Here is one site. If you go to the imdb site for the show there is TONS of info on where to get it !
episode 2    pirate bay  too
the walking dead

#56 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:48 AM

Posted by Norman Reedus today on Twitter: his screencaps from the next ep

Can't wait to see him in it! He's the reason I started watching in the first place. smile.gif

#57 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (TeachJoanne @ Nov 11 2010, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Posted by Norman Reedus today on Twitter: his screencaps from the next ep

Can't wait to see him in it! He's the reason I started watching in the first place. smile.gif

I knowwww, he is HOT!!!! Teh hotness. LOL!  He is the dudes brother from the roof i think.

#58 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (Astupitgirl @ Nov 11 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knowwww, he is HOT!!!! Teh hotness. LOL!  He is the dudes brother from the roof i think.

Yes he is and yes he is.  smile.gif

#59 pisces

pisces

The poster formerly known as minara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

I do notice that the Sheriff (Rick?) is at the 'camp' (trailer park) where his adulterous wife and lecherous deputy is.  That should be good times.

Also, I wanted to note that in the past few weeks I've started watching The Big Bang Theory (all caught up on all seasons), and at the comic book store the boys usually frequent, they have either a poster or teeshirt hanging on the wall for The Walking Dead. biggrin.gif

#60 bagheera

bagheera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (TeachJoanne @ Nov 11 2010, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is livestream an option or is your connection not fast enough?  I watched both eps on sidereel.com, no downloading needed.

Sidereel. Right. I forgot about that place. Thanks!
I was looking for it to DL the morning after it aired and couldn't find many options. Got it now, but haven't watched it.
You guys are mentioning characters who aren't in the comic.
I wanted this series adapted panel by panel, dammit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users