262 replies to this topic

#241 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

lol it's ok the ones I don't remember just got eaten  ;)

#242 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Awww, i just had to come in here today. sundays Are so sad now lol

#243 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:57 AM

my sister and i watched the season finale (2nd time for me) and she pretty much had the same reactions as i did. she yelled at the tv actually more than i did, lmao. she can't stand lori and can't understand what the group would've done differently if they'd known they were carriers all along, either ("what, killed themselves and ended the show that much faster?!") and she was definitely interested in who the hooded figure with the 2 pet walkers was, and when the prison was revealed at the end of the season she practically jumped out of her seat :lol:

#244 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

View Postlisamcg, on 25 March 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

lol building walker proof compounds in your mind Candy  :lol:
:>
I've had a few more nightbuilds - we've got a double wall system, very medieval castle-like. Nice place in the outer ring for a garden and small animals. The walls in both the inner and out circles lean outward so it's impossible to climb them. Two fortified gates in each wall, because an alternate exit is important, and a big thick building in the inner circle with two doors but absolutely NO window openings on the first floor.

Oh... and nightly guard duty rotated by those who volunteer.

It's confirmed that everyone is infected so death = Walker-ness. Seemingly healthy people, even young healthy people, just up and die out of the blue all the time. Heart attack, stroke... Thus, nightly sentry duty in case someone dies in their sleep and accidently becomes a Walker Within the Walls.

Seriously. I'm exhausted. :lol:

they really do need to flesh out the other parts
IC WUT U DID THAR

Yeah, this past Sunday felt... empty. :/

#245 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

View PostCandyO, on 27 March 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

:>
I've had a few more nightbuilds - we've got a double wall system, very medieval castle-like. Nice place in the outer ring for a garden and small animals. The walls in both the inner and out circles lean outward so it's impossible to climb them. Two fortified gates in each wall, because an alternate exit is important, and a big thick building in the inner circle with two doors but absolutely NO window openings on the first floor.

IC WUT U DID THAR

That all sounds pretty good actually   :) and I'm glad someone noticed my terrible play on words  ;) Sundays really are empty now though you're right  :(

#246 LateToTheParty

LateToTheParty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

I know I don't know what to do with myself....I can't wait till October!

#247 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:00 AM

For some reason I thought there were only 10 episodes and as soon as I finished ep10 I rushed on over here to talk about it and spoiled the hell out of myself :rolleyes: I thought that was a weird season ender.

Right, will be back after I've watched the actual last episode...

#248 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

So, about a month or so ago, I placed a hold requesting the first season of The Walking Dead on DVD from the library... definitely must have been a pretty lengthy request list, because I have not been notified yet as to when I will be able to loan out a copy. :(

#249 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

People are trying to fill the void until Season 3 turns up, I guess. I saw the entirety of Season 1 on a teeny tiny screen on a plane, so I'd probably benefit from watching that again...

#250 LateToTheParty

LateToTheParty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

Well don't know if any of u watched Wilfred last season. It's freak'in funny as you know what! Saw a commerical last week that it's coming back...YEAH!!!!!!!! :D That will help
me out a little till TWD comes back.

#251 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

View Postlaurahya, on 02 May 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

For some reason I thought there were only 10 episodes and as soon as I finished ep10 I rushed on over here to talk about it and spoiled the hell out of myself :rolleyes: I thought that was a weird season ender.

Right, will be back after I've watched the actual last episode...
hahaa  :lol:
sorry, I shouldn't laugh... but since I accidently read spoilers myself in season 2, I feel your pain.

View PostCoco Converse, on 03 May 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

So, about a month or so ago, I placed a hold requesting the first season of The Walking Dead on DVD from the library... definitely must have been a pretty lengthy request list, because I have not been notified yet as to when I will be able to loan out a copy. :(
That's a long wait.

View Postlaurahya, on 03 May 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

People are trying to fill the void until Season 3 turns up, I guess. I saw the entirety of Season 1 on a teeny tiny screen on a plane, so I'd probably benefit from watching that again...

View PostLateToTheParty, on 04 May 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Well don't know if any of u watched Wilfred last season. It's freak'in funny as you know what! Saw a commerical last week that it's coming back...YEAH!!!!!!!! :D That will help
me out a little till TWD comes back.
*nod*
I have not seen Wilifred.
filling the void indeed.
I'm considering organizing my sock drawer while I wait.
oh!

#252 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

Sounds fun, yeah?

Maybe I can take a nap that Sunday so I can stay awake long enough for the Talking Dead and the black and white version of the pilot:

AMC announced today [may 31 2012] The Walking Dead Season 3 Preview Weekend on Sat., Jul. 7 and Sun., Jul. 8 beginning at 11:30AM/10:30c each day. [american times] Airing just one week before Comic-Con, the two-day programming event will feature a marathon of all 19 episodes from the series' critically acclaimed first two seasons, culminating with a Talking Dead live primetime special on Sun., Jul. 8 at 9/8c. The one-time-only airing of Talking Dead, hosted by Chris Hardwick (Nerdist), will be followed by a never-before-seen black and white version of The Walking Dead pilot episode at 10/9c. The special version of the series' first episode was created specifically for fans of The Walking Dead, as it holds true to the original black and white comic book, written by Robert Kirkman.

Throughout The Walking Dead Marathon, Hardwick will introduce each episode from the set of Season 3 in Atlanta, giving viewers a glimpse of the new sets. Along with several cast members and producers, he will set up the storyline from each episode, and discuss the classic moments and unique characters featured. In addition, every episode with be wrapped with exclusive character and scene-specific content from the first two seasons, including behind-the-scenes footage and sit-down interviews with the cast.

In the hour-long Talking Dead event, shot live in Los Angeles, Hardwick will give fans a first look at The Walking Dead Season 3, including a scene from the new season, and brand new video interviews with the cast, a tour of the new set and a sneak peek at the props and wardrobes featured in Season 3. Hardwick will also sit down with in-studio guests including the show's executive producers and other celebrity fans. Viewers will get information on the show's presence at this year's Comic-Con, including a look at the construction of The Walking Dead booth, updates on AMC's The Walking Dead Social Game, and other show-related news and topics.

At one point during the live show, Hardwick will also provide a special code to viewers, which they can use to enter The Walking Dead Watch to Win Sweepstakes. The winner will receive a trip to Atlanta and a "stagger on" role as a zombie on the hit show.

The on-air event will be complemented by activities online at amctv.com, where fans can find more exclusive behind-the-scenes videos and participate in Fan Favorite polls, which cover such topics as Fan Favorite Weapon, Fan Favorite Walker, Fan Favorite Walker Kill and Fan Favorite Survivor. The Poll winners will be announced by Hardwick during the Talking Dead live event Sunday night.

The Walking Dead reigns as the most watched drama series on basic cable for Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54. The series has garnered an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Prosthetic Make-up and a Golden Globe® Award nomination for Best Television Series - Drama, among other accolades. Critics have heralded the series as "the most suspenseful show on any network" (Boston Herald) and "the greatest thriller ever produced for television" (Entertainment Weekly). The series tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home

Cannot find a better air date for Season 3 premier than "October 2012" but... word on the internets is Merle is coming back. For realz.

#253 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

bump - season 3 preview weekend TWD marathon with extra stuff is this weekend [USA]

#254 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

I wanna stagger on role !!!

#255 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:47 AM

Will you let us know what happens in the preview, please? I don't care about getting spoiled, I can't wait until October! :P

#256 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

So? SO???

#257 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

:D

AND we're back again. For now. Like a yo-yo.

Well, I totally enjoyed the marathon. And yes I sniffled when Sophia staggered out of the barn again. They talked about that either on the Talking Dead or one of the extra talk with one of the actors moments... how much that particular moment kinda slayed people.

Okay, so I managed to stay up for most of The Talking Dead - tho I did nod off a couple of times - and so, for season 3 preview info during the wrap up: Oh crap... where is the new SPOILER button? Okay fine... I will make the font white. If you want to read it, highlight it. If not, don't.

I still don't have a definite air date... but that could have been announced when I was cat napping.

The actor who plays Carl called in on the regular fan line. He says Carl has matured for season 3 and won't be sent to the house as much. Not that he ever STAYED in the house.

They showed a scene snippit of Michonne taking out a couple of zombies with her sword [leaving one decapitated and the gnashing head kinda rolling on the floor] then bending down to pick up what looked like a packet of aspirin. Robert Kirkman was on the couch and when questioned about it said "I'm tired of trying to keep secrets. Yes, it's true - asprin turns out to be the zombie cure!"

Glenn took us on a tour of The Prison set that was built out of not-brick-not-stone but looks totally authentic. It sounds like much of season 3 will be set indoors, which is a departure from the two previous seasons where most of the action was outside.

Drew Cary was a special guest and was pretty funny. He said he likes the walking dead because the choices/actions of the characters ring true to what would happen in reality. He said he gave up on shows like Lost because the characters would do these weird things that real people would never do. I have never seen Lost but I agree with him on TWD.

Uhhh what else. Oh, they will have a Michonne setup at Comic Con [showed the actress getting her face cast for it] with one Pet so attendees can get on the other side and be the other Pet for a photo op. That gave me a giggle.

Not much was spilled - they are good at keeping secrets - unless it was spilled when I was fading out. But I'm good with that. I like surprises. I bet I forgot something...

Then the special black and white pilot episode came on and I lasted about 2 minutes and then slept like a log.

So Mistress, did you get the code to enter for a stumble on roll? Good luck!

#258 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

It's enough, I think. I like a teaser to keep me going but I don't want to be completely spoiled; there's no point with a show like TWD, when half the enjoyment comes from the OH HOLY SHIT fall-off-sofa moments.

Thanks for the recap! :wub:

#259 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

View Postlaurahya, on 09 July 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

It's enough, I think. I like a teaser to keep me going but I don't want to be completely spoiled; there's no point with a show like TWD, when half the enjoyment comes from the OH HOLY SHIT fall-off-sofa moments.

Thanks for the recap! :wub:
me too. I like sit up and/or fall off the sofa moments. THAT'S the fun right there!

You're welcome :)

#260 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Nope, I never entered, I'm not lucky like that....I totally still like the characters I like and the ones I don't like I still want eaten... unless they were already eaten. I never read the comics, so I am just waiting to see what happens at the prison.  Now that hey... and I know about the your all infected thing... it gives thought to, nobody would want to work in any hospital type setting... or what about those old people back in the city. What if you are clinically dead, but get brought back... jump started or mouth to mouth / cpr..... are you zombie material, or normal.  What if you die when your pregnant.. does the little zombie inside you get born? Does he chew his way out??? Curious

CandyO do you watch Game of thrones....???? you must!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users