262 replies to this topic

#221 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

see now, im torn over randall...hes not A good person. i truly believe that.
he doesnt run with good people either
if i give him the benefit of the doubt, say he was helpless couldnt survive on his own, this group saves him And then he realizes FUCK they Are some evil peoples here! so now hes just gonna be like one of those people who gets kidnapped or becomes captured by the enemy...you hate the people but you gotta do what you gotta do to survive
BUT
i take his story to daryl As the true nature of the kind of person he is
his story of how they came upon A father And his two teenage daughters
they were pretty LITTLE things
now ok sure, he didnt touch those girls
but the father was held down forced to watch As his tow little children (because even if theyre teens theyre still children in my eyes) Are raped, And who knows what else besides rape they were forced to endure
randall did what during? just watched? he didnt touch the girls so he what?
was A walker look out cause you know that was gonna cause A lot of ruckus And noise
helped hold down the father?
cause let me tell you As A parent, its gonna take pretty much nothing short of death to keep me from protecting my own teen daughter from that
so instead, by his omission of Action he lets it happen
i dont care if he didnt join in, by standing by And Allowing it to happen its the same As him doing it himself
maybe he was faced with the choice of if he objected he died
well, Again, thats A test to his character, it shows hes Already lost his own humanity, his own sense of right or wrong by living under that them or me mentality.
And i think THATS what dale wanted to preserve...NOT to come to A point where you figured hell As long As it Aint me who cares what happens to someone else
do i think they shouldve randall? no...because that IS A bit extreme...keeping him prisoner? yes that too is hard because now its Another mouth to feed...he went to school with maggie, he knows how to get back to the farm (which, random though, i noticed one of the shots from A distance recently showed some barbed wire...so there is that At least on their perimeter) i would feel bad leaving him to fend for himself out in the middle of nowhere but honestly...give him some food,water, possibly A small knife...And there you have it, its A no win situation, youre gonna feel bad whatever you do to him, thats because theres still that hope of staying humane like dale...its A slippery slope, butdale was At least there A hold point for everyone, he was their jiminy cricket:)
daryl of course sees All this, lets face it, for A man who tries to hide Away All his own decency And feelings i think he has more of it than Any of them, so of course hes going to distance himself, the ONE time he goes out on A limb for others And what happens? zombie sophia...poor poor daryl lol And then when things get messy...hes the first one they turn to, As if they forgot All the good thats there And see him As their go to mess guy
lol i have to Admit though when it comes to carl i do not hold him in Any sort of good light
last episdoe he was just A brat, i think he threw those rocks just because he felt like being A dick ANd torturing A walker who he knew wouldnt be Able to fight back...now granted its A damn zombie so of COURSE thats ok...but i think its more of the reasons behind why carl did that were NOT ok, he did it for sport for fun IMHO, which Again...its A freakin zombie so its OK...BUT...it used to be A person, maybe even A good person, the humane thing is just put it out of its misery, not play with it

#222 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

wow that's alot of thinking  :blink: totally agree with pretty much all of that and it's so true - should you really punish someone for what they could do but also do you risk everyone on the off chance....although he really does seem a bit nasty just not sure that means death  :unsure:

Daryll seems to be good deep down however he wore a zombie ear necklace so  :o

#223 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

View Postlisamcg, on 07 March 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

wow that's alot of thinking  :blink:
lol
sorry, i have no life so yah, im A nerd And i get into these things sometimes;)
i Am #TeamDaryl forever though lolol so yah he can do no wrong really hahaha zombie ears were A trophy, lol its been done many times before
oddly enough it reminds me of one of my fav book series (sword of truth series)
theres was A minor, Albeit important, group of soldiers in A few of those books who would wear the ears of their slain enemies Around their necks
completely out of context but oh well;)

#224 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

lol no need to apologize it got me thinking though  ;) apart from the zombie ears I like Daryl but afraid I'm #TeamRick  :P and its not nerdy its enthusiastic which we all obviously are  :D

#225 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

OMG the last episode was insane!! since when did become so bloody easy? eeek! :o yay for Rick finally having the balls to get rid of Shane  ;) glad everyone now realizes how great Daryl is to have on their side and Glen is now part of the boys club lol. Still can't believe how exciting the ending was  :D

#226 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

By the end of the next show they are going to run out of interesting characters. So Carl shoots Shane, which is ok as he was already dead, but that takes out another interesting character. There is only Darryl left now, the rest are run of the mill surviviors. Oh and I know Shane had to go if they went by the book, (comic book) but I still blame Lori. She went back and messed with his head, saying he could be the baby Daddy, and how he took such good care of them when Rick was missing etc. Lori should get eaten because she can't keep track of her children even in a Z.A. funny she didn't send Carl to town to grab her some maxi pads, and some smokes, lol.

See I knew they put too much faith in the old farm stead. Here comes a herd, where did the herd come from so quickly?
My daughter said there was a bog around the farm that saved them from too many zombies until now, and it's drying out. Where is the razor wire when you need it. I guess they all know now, what happens to them when they die, answering the age old question.....

Do you think they killed off too many characters to date?

Where should things go for next season?

What characters do you feel need to stay for the long run?

Do you think Carl or Lori are responsible for many of the deaths in the show?

Do you think Shane wanted to die when Lori did not choose him?

Was the plan to kill Rick and Shane just got out witted, or he wanted death, or was he just going mad?

Do you think this series will get too cheesy, and we will all stop watching?

How would you feel about knowing you will turn zombie the minute you die?

I keep watching the Talking Dead after the show, and there are people writing in saying why can't anyone keep a better eye on Carl? One minute he is up stairs in the house, the next he is out in the field at sundown. After the Sofia thing you'd think a mother would let the wash go and make sure her kids are safe. There should have been a lock down in the camp at night, and post sentry's. I don't think they took it all serious enough.

They need new meat now, this bunch left will bore me. B)

#227 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostCandyO, on 17 February 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

-- Which disproves the theory that Daryl saying "stupid bastard didn't know to shoot himself in the head." meant that he had figured out that death = Walker and/or that everyone is infected as opposed to Walker bite = Walker infection. We have seen no "natural" deaths yet so don't know if those indeed re-animate too.
Well now we know. Although getting your neck broke and being stabbed are not "natural", they are definitely not Walker inflicted deaths. Yet both Randall and Shane became Walkers. It's official. They ARE all infected. *shiver*

Oh, I think Shane planned on killing Rick all right. It may not have been until after he snapped Randall's neck and made his way back to the farm, but it was planned. "He took my gun", "You two go that way, Rick and I will go search over here" and then oh, hello here's my gun. Perfect cover story after getting Rick out of his way. "Randall shot him. He had my gun!" Then conveniently find the gun in the grass "oh look, Randall must have dropped it."

I think Shane did go a little mad. In all fairness, who wouldn't get a little freaked during a ZA? But he went dark. There were so many things he did that were inappropriate or just plain wrong... and yet I liked him for the things he did right. Like beating the crap out of Carol's husband "You put your hands on your wife or your daughter again and next time I will kill you." I don't advocate violence but women/children being abused is so wrong, I gave that one a nod. But then Shane became dangerous.... but I didn't want him to die! Twice! :(

I think Hershel said something about drought/river drying up so that would explain the bog/mud flats drying up so the zombies weren't getting stuck in the muck anymore, so they could move freely to the farm. And then there is The Gang - Randall said their 30 people were camped about 5 miles down the road or something, so maybe a dozen of them died and became Walkers? Or maybe the  Walkers from that compound they took Randall to just followed the road for a couple episodes...

Little choked up when Glen fixed the camper and Andrea tossed him the keys... You know, after my feeling that the characters were "off" when the season came back for the 2nd half, maybe the actors were just awkward getting used to a new director/writers. It all seems to have settled back into the grove again. For me.

Yeah, that was a pretty intense episode. During the final scene, did anyone else sit up and yell at the television "Dad! Move aside!" "Dad! Behind you!" because apparently SOMEONE had FORGOTTEN HOW TO SPEAK! "DAD!!!!!"

Moral of The Walking Dead: Landing a part on a zombie tv show does not necessarily equal long term employment. <_<

#228 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

ya know i somehow had A super slow night sunday because i honestly did NOT get that shane wanted to kill rick until rick himself said ...so was this the plan All Along...then i had the freakin lightbulb oh shit! moment. still not sorry to see shane go. not one bit. the man went crazy. but i still say he was A d-bag way before the ZA happened but way too many good questions! i wont bore Anyone Answering All of them though lol
Do you think they killed off too many characters to date?
  honestly dont think so. i havent read it so idk how faithful they Are to everyones lives (spoilers ive read touching this though lol)

What characters do you feel need to stay for the long run?
daryl of course lol Aside from my unhealthy norman reedus obsession, he is one of the only ones there who has Any real use-able skills, survivalist skills, hes the kind of person we All might make fun of now, but in the face of the ZA hes not looking so crazy. Andrea i think would be great if shed get off her high horse At times, but still...shes the good version of what shane should have been i think. i dont think theyve done A fair job of fleshing out most of the other characters though for us to even KNOW if they need to stay...tdog never gets much of A line, i cant even tell you what the other peoples names Are At the farm other than hershel or maggie...glenns finally getting more of A storyline but still...we cant JUST have the triangle/tension that went on between rick lori And shane. i dont want to watch A soap opera

Do you think Carl or Lori are responsible for many of the deaths in the show?
i think carl is responsible for dale but not in A guilty way more Along the lines of just by having the knowledge did NOT make him responsible for dale, but it gave him that knowledge (Example: youre standing on A rooftop in A city, you see two cars speeding towards each other, no way for either of them to see each other coming Around the corner...youre too high up to shout for Anyone to hear And by the time youd make it down to the ground the crash would be over...so you had the knowledge but you didnt cause the crash) i feel like thats how it is with carl...he COULD have told someone About that mud walker, but he had no way of knowing it would come kill dale. in this case im gonna give him the benefit of just being A lil kid lol lori...eesh i dont even wanna touch her lol

Do you think Shane wanted to die when Lori did not choose him?
  i think shane wanted rick to die, to erase what he saw As his only obstacle

Do you think this series will get too cheesy, and we will all stop watching?
im really hoping it wont, someone mentioned in the comics theres A prison they All go to? or were suppoed to go to next? theres gotta be more moving on IMO, i dont really want to watch dallas with A few zombies thrown in. they need to leave this farm.
next weeks looking good As they ALways do for enders...the zombie horde is A bit odd, but like was mentioned, randall kept mentioning how there was About 30 or people...And if theyre As Awful As we All imagine they can be, it doesnt seem too unreasonable that A few deaths happened, people turned to walkers right quick, then the rest were picked off BY said walkers thus multiplying like the virus that it is...how they ended up making their way All to the farm though...idk if i see that too feasible for right now
Also Am i the only one who didnt get the whole zombie feeding fest visions After shane got shot? was that supposed to be for us to know it was setting in? or what? just seemed too out of character for the show *shrug*

#229 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

I assumed that it was Shane's visions, as he was not dead but infected, and that there was nothing left of his old mind.
That is very true what you said about Darryl, his brother was more the type we would all look down on, but I think yes, there are parts of the USA that abound with Darryls, and the rest of society does not care much for them, least not before the Z.A. It might end up with the Darryls going "Who rules now bitches!"  A degree and a three piece suit won't get you far.

We should make a mental note of our  post apocalyptic  qualities :lol:

#230 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

i was thinking it may have been something like that with shane, maybe A sort of this is what goes through the persons mind in the in between of All dead And All zombie
still seemed out of place to me though
ya know they even have A show on tv now somewhere...one of thos discovery tlc type channels All About tyhe families who Are All prepped And ready for whatever doomsday Apocalypse may happen
so yah, it might be hard to take some people like that seriously NOW (even tho i fully believe the ZA is coming lol) once it DOES happen...its the daryls of the world thats gonna save everyone
daryl And wil smith Anyway;)

Edited by BeanDubh, 13 March 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#231 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo? I've seen it a few times. Some of those people are fringe man, fringe.

I had an unsettling thought today...
So, everyone alive is already infected. It went airborne, everyone is a carrier, it kicks in at death, etc.
Lori is pregnant.
Baby is already infected via mom through the umbilical cord.  
Sometimes babies die in utero i.e. in the womb. Still born.
What if unborn baby in Zombie Apocalypse dies in utero.
Unborn baby dies... and becomes a Walker within several minutes to 12 hours, but 2 hours is the average. [Per Jenner]
Walker baby eats the first living flesh it encounters...
BABY DOES AN ALIEN CHEST BURSTER MOVE EATING IT'S WAY OUT OF LORI'S STOMACH!
:o
omg omg
freaking myself out

#232 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostCandyO, on 15 March 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

BABY DOES AN ALIEN CHEST BURSTER MOVE EATING IT'S WAY OUT OF LORI'S STOMACH!
:o

now THAT i would love to see! only for the sake that it would kill lori, shed turn walker, bullet/knife to the head And shell finally shut up.
it will suck for rick having to see his unborn baby now zombified...but hell just pass that kill on to daryl Anyway, And then we can All pretend the walker baby was shanes Anyway
win-win;)

#233 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:24 AM

View PostBeanDubh, on 15 March 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

now THAT i would love to see! only for the sake that it would kill lori, shed turn walker, bullet/knife to the head And shell finally shut up.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA *coughchoke*

sorry. carry on :)

#234 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Poor Lori. She gets all the hate :(
What about the time when she saved... ummm. Well, there was that incident where she... errr. Okay, her hair looks pretty good for The End Of The World As We Know It. :)

Saw somebody on IMDB boards bring up the topic of dogs. Where are the dogs? Surely we should see dogs. Dogs could be used to alert for zombies [uhh dude, I think you are thinking of Terminator] so why doesn't anyone have any dogs?

And I say... because we have seen Walkers take down and eat
Rats
Woodchucks
Horses
Deer
and Cows
All the dogs have been caught and eaten. Except for the dogs at the nursing home in Atlanta.
"I'm gonna chop up your boy. I'm gonna feed them to my dogs. Three of the evilest, nastiest man-eating bitches you ever saw. I picked them up from Satan at a yard sale. He begged for me to take them off his hands!"
Posted Image

And another thought: They are all infected so death by any means other than a fatal injury to the brain = Walker. All those old people at the nursing home. Oh. :(

Marathon begins on AMC on Sunday 03-18-12 11:00 am EST [USA] with Save The Last One. Finale Beside The Dying Fire at 9:00 pm.

#235 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

Mmkay...Lori needed to fall out of that truck, Carl should've missed Shane and gotten eaten...finally Rick drops the Rodney Dangerfield act and talks back!

Also -- ANDREAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and wtf cloaked ninja lady with armless walkers on leashes

#236 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

View Postshannon leto, on 18 March 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Mmkay...Lori needed to fall out of that truck, Carl should've missed Shane and gotten eaten...finally Rick drops the Rodney Dangerfield act and talks back!

Also -- ANDREAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and wtf cloaked ninja lady with armless walkers on leashes
^^
AGreed
it was An Awesome finale! i Am fully Aware of the Amount of Alcohol i have had tonight though, so i wont drop Any spoilers that i may know About certain things (cos of spoilers/checking the intarwebs About the comics etc) And will just sit back And see what everyone else has to say

#237 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

I want to read the comics, but I will refrain. So the hooded lady with armless sidekicks was the best scene, that and the burning barn with walkers wandering past.
Ha Lori's reaction to Carl having to put down Shane. See! you can never please this woman, and she let the kid out of her site again in the first place. Aaaand she pitted Rick against Shane so she should be happy, instead, Rick is not getting any tonight, lolerz.

I can't remember was she doing Shane before the ZA?? Also the people who died how were they related to Hershel and his family or were they?

Someone asked about dogs... maybe armless zombies are the new black lab???

Now what are going to do???? Vote March Madness??? ;)

#238 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostMistressred, on 18 March 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Someone asked about dogs... maybe armless zombies are the new black lab???
Haha maybe! WTF was that? Armless zombies on chains behind scary hooded person with sword. I was all O_O

The two who died last night:
Jimmy
Hershel "Jimmy is not my kin but I am responsible for him"
Maggie's Little Sister "I date Jimmy for 3 months and now I'm married to him?"
and
Patricia
Married to Otis. Otis who ran the farm before he wrangled Walkers before he got ate up by a slew of Walkers outside the high school.

Okay. So last night. Holy Shit Balls! After the first 20 minutes, I was exhausted. So good. Kept right on until the final scene with the buildings on the horizon. Drained.

Lori getting pissed that Rick killed Shane: Rick's delivery was all over the place. If he had kept to the facts "Shane drew me out there in order to kill me. He told me he would shoot me with the gun that he claimed Randall stole then tell the story how he saw that then broke Randall's neck. I had to do it. It was self defense." would have come across way better than all that "I killed my best friend for you!" and "he thought I was coming between him and you and Carl so I wanted it over." There is a time for feelings and there is a time for fact. Rick wobbles on this.

I felt kinda out of breath after it was over. Then The Talking Dead came on at it's special time and I watched about 4 minutes of it. Truth is, I don't want to know how they did the barn burning scene. The Walking Dead spends a lot of money to weave an escapist story for me, and I prefer to keep it that way.

So I went to sleep. Except blissful sleep did not come. I did not have nightmares but I did have nightplans. I was building Walker proof compounds with double sets of moats and tall reinforced cinder block walls all night long. And I was having Daryl reverse engineer crossbows so he could manufacture them for everyone in the group.

I'm exhausted and still unsettled. So good.

#239 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

lol building walker proof compounds in your mind Candy  :lol: that really was an exciting end to the series - omg Laurie is such a bitch! it really is about time Rick took charge cos that lot would be dead without him and Daryl of course but he certainly doesn't want to be the responsible adult  ;)

They really do need to flesh out the other parts cos I can't remember the others names either  :unsure: - loving the new ninja hero with zombie bitches though  :)

#240 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

Lisa - just do like I do and find a single trait about them, and call them that :lol: for example I can't always remember Andrea's name, so she's blondie with a gun lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users