262 replies to this topic

#201 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

GOSH i can't wait to get caught up on this show and debate with you all :)

#202 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

View Postshannon leto, on 18 February 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

GOSH i can't wait to get caught up on this show and debate with you all :)
lol me either! <3

im guessing the virus isnt interspecies...i think its harder for viruses to jump species but its not impossible (AIDS/bird/swine flu)
it may be just A matter of time before Animals can be infected too if theyre not ALready
or it may just be its easier for them to go Animal-->human
i honestly have no clue if theres Any human virus that has known to infect Animals ( And i mean that honestly, As in i genuinely have no knowledge of it if its happened, not in A smart Aleck i know everything way)
walkers ARE still Attacking everyone
thats A fact
Spoiler
so death has to be the catalyst for when you become un tasty to walkers
maybe its A preservation of the species instinct, the way we dont (normally) cannibalize
ive been trying to rationalize the whole eating/not digesting conundrum
the only thing i can come up with (based on every single zombie movie/game/story/tidbit/rumour ive ever seen/heard)
is that maybe theyre not so much digesting the flesh theyre eating, but more its on A base instinct of just feeding, And maybe its just the Actual live DNA the virus needs to thrive, not that its ingesting people taking what it needs, wasting what it doesnt
it could just be its the base of everything, whats in the blood, the DNA the small base spark of what makes something living, to keep A living virus thriving inside A dead rotting vessel
cause its Always got to be blood
sorry, buffy flashback
but im tapped out i think lol
hopefully tomorrow has way more questions for us! errr Answers...

#203 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

What happened to Bro's before ho's ???

I'm hating all these weak women.

Spoiler

Oh yeah and what Darryl said about Carol is true.

#204 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

i loved that scene with daryl And carol
cos of course it was All true
And im betting its everything carols been saying inside her head this whole time
what i liked most About it thugh (At least to me) that whole scene seemed to be A whole recognizing the things in themselves in each other.
like, carol KNEW daryl wanted to just explode And let his Anger out And rant And blame, shes dealt with worse from her husband s of course she could take it, And she prolly needed to hear it, i mean hell she wasnt even go to their little service for sophia, And thats when daryl started his whole pulling Away (there wasnt something in cherokee rose wasnt there? About how he said something Along the lines of her not giving up hope is why he kept looking?) so her not even going And saying sophia was dead long Ago kinda says tough shit daryl you done wasted your time for nothing. so im thinking carols smarter than she lets everyone know, shes prolly got A fucking PhD in psychology. SO. she couldnt save her daughter. she recognizes All the pain And hurt past in daryl, realizes they come from the same place And doesnt want him lost too
so she purposelly lets herself be his rage object.
but (And i had A hard time concentrating At that moment, damn teenage daughters) he went close to her, idk what he said, but she flinched or something, ALmost looked like she was expecting A slap And reeled from it even though it didnt happen )like how daryl flinched when she leaned to kiss him on that bed) And it was like daryl just stared And recognized oh yah...i know this. THATS why i loved that whole interaction part, STILL though i swear, Am i the only one who keeps expecting him to kiss her? lol
way better writing then crumpling A fucking flower
And it worked, cause daryl showed up in that house meeting After rick came home
on A sidenote though, the previews for next week? was SOOO hoping it wouldve been shane bound And gagged in that trunk
from mistressreds spoiler;)
Spoiler

#205 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostBeanDubh, on 20 February 2012 - 07:46 AM, said:

from mistressreds spoiler;)
Spoiler

LMAO damn rights! And WOT! There are way more useless teats on boars to be eaten/killed before Shane, why should Shane "bite it"..haha. I would like to see those woman take care of themselves, Probably up on the RV filing their nails when a herd stumbles into camp. And what's her name learns to shoot, only to shoot Darryl.
What Shane said about Dale... it's true, what has he done besides keep up an RV? The world is crammed with abandoned vehicles, go find a brand new RV off the lot. Take a few spare parts along too Sheeeesh! I know I know, quit being so brilliantly logical :D

And Lori, the one time she does not send someone out to do her bidding, but actually tries to go out and do for herself, she flips the car and Shane has to go rescue her sorry ass. Man I wish she were eaten by windshield zombie.
And I'm sorry , but Darryl should keep it in his pants, I wouldn't touch Carol with someone elses..... :P

How close has the show been following the comic?? Oh and when do the zombies not consider one edible? Like the guy on the fence, would they eat a fresh kill? If he was not taken out with a head shot, would they gnaw on him until he died and reanimated?? Because they still chow down after the person is dead right?? Are there babies born in the comic? Is that the new breed that saves humanity? Are they the naturally immune generation??

What if Merle...?? actually comes back,(That's his name right? They should have called him Darryl, I would have LMAO for real.) You know, this is my brother Darryl, and my other brother Darryl... never mind.
Is Darryl then no longer included in the merry little bunch if his brother returns?

Oh and Indy told me about the extras on youtube, so I got the background on that first zombie that Rick went back to the park to shoot. Interesting.....
Anybody watch Talking Dead?  47% of people would have left the dude on the fence.

#206 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

OMG leg self-impaled on metal spike with humans with guns and saws on one side, zombies on the other side - stuck stuck stuck and shit out of luck!!!

That was my sit-up-and-wake-the-cat moment last night.

#207 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

hahah Awww but i love daryl though! i have An [un]healthy celebrity crush/obsession with norman reedus lol BUT I Agree About the whole not touching carol with Anyones lol maybe its just the way they wrote the character/did her looks idk, but shes All old And wimpy-ish, they dont even let her put on nicer clothes...its the ZA im sure shes not been carrying clippers Around with her, time to grow the hair, or At least show it HAS grown, unless of course shes been borrowing shanes now that theyre At the farm, who knows, i dont. but it creeps me out everytime i think holy fuck! is daryl gonna kiss her?? im sure the Actress in her own life is prolly pretty, but they ugly her up on the show so everytime it looks like daryl WILL kiss her? i have this feeling of dude its your mom dont!
47% wouldve left the fence guy? lol i think i wouldve grabbed his leg off the way rick did right from the start, no field surgery with A pocket knife i mean come on, really?  lol
but im thinking ...yes...if they left him And walkers came up, theyd have started eating on him until he was dead, once he was dead And A walker theyd be like o hai, come join our herd
dale now i Actually like! lol yah hes not really hardcore out there but hes the conscience of the group lol their jiminy cricket, so i kinda like him, except when he kept taking Andreas gun Away, that was Annoying
i havent read the comics yet unfortunately but i dont think theyre going too closely to them, esp with daryl not being in them, And i think theres supposed to be A prison theyre All supposed to be going to, i read All the comic spoilers that were posted in here so, its the only way know:/ lol
i really need to get them And read them

#208 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

So I was watching Talking Dead, and they showed "Bus Licking Walker" and I lol'd and thought of that Mars fan.

#209 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostMistressred, on 26 February 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

So I was watching Talking Dead, and they showed "Bus Licking Walker" and I lol'd and thought of that Mars fan.
Posted Image

Night of the Living Dead: dude survives all the zombies then gets shot on the front porch by a human.
Resident Evil: Alice's biggest battle is Spence, a human wanting to make a buck off the cure, no matter what.
28 Days Later: The Answer To Infection is a bunch of military guys ready to prey on fellow humans.

Hypothesis: In a zombie apocalypse, the biggest threat will be those who are still alive...

I thoroughly enjoyed last nights episode.

#210 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostCandyO, on 27 February 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

I thoroughly enjoyed last nights episode.
completely Agree
it was def An episode where i just sat And held my breath most of it, i was hoping the confrontation between rick And shane wouldve been A bit more conclusive though...As in...ricks whole killing him kindness thing, i get what hes doing, i really do, And hes doing it well
BUT
i think shanes past the point where logical strength matters Anymore
its like ricks trying to get through to him, reach out, make shane have A break through
And instead All shane is doing (IMO) is formulating more And more why everything rick says
is proof that All his delusions Are correct
but i think A small part of him somewhere sees himself As he really is
(the whole reflection in the broken glass moment there)
but yah. definitely A good episode.
i love the bus licker walkers though.
i mean come on.
who else could Appreciate that so much?;)

#211 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

i reckon most of yall prolly saw Anyway but figured id share, norman reedus is nominated for A saturn for best supporting Actor for walking dead
yay #TeamDaryl lol
http://www.saturnawa...ominations.html

#212 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

I reckon I liked the use of the word reckon, especially used with the character Darryl.

You might be a redneck if.... :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and finally, if you needz a lolz

#213 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

finally caught up with it all  :D loving the Rick/Shane tension and agree Lorie/Laurie is a bit weak and anyone who manages to turn over their car on an empty road deserves to be eaten doh!

#214 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostMistressred, on 29 February 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

I reckon I liked the use of the word reckon, especially used with the character Darryl.

hah! i Am A redneck! lol i use the word reckon IRL And it throws everyone off since i live in NJ
And really odd, but i just posted that walmart video on my facebook the other day lol
stole it from A friend who had posted it on hers

#215 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Spoilers below !!!!

Holy, that was an exciting ending tonight, can't believe that there are only two more shows till the end of the season.
I sort of took the fact that the young guy they took prisoner, was maybe not a nice guy, when he told Carl he would take him back to his camp, and his friends help em all out. Yeah right. Did he not say they were a bunch of rapers and pillagers?? It may have spoken to his true nature, and I don't know about shooting him, but perhaps.. yes... or perhaps take the chance to drop him off far away, not looking for a "safe haven" for him. Yes risky, but they took risks for lesser things, like going to town for Lori's preg test and stupid things like that.
Ok, is nobody keeping on eye on Carl?? One child just got shot and buried as a zombie, why is Carl not watched more closely?? Hey Lori, maybe save the fresh laundry and the ice tea with mint leaves,for when your kid is safe and sound because...

Guess what... he stole and lost a gun, and led super savage zombie back to eat a perfectly good cow (and a somewhat useful old guy). Fail!  Once again the tough choices are left for Shane and Darryl. First rule of Zombie fight club is... well I'll wing it and say if you don't have eyes in the back of your head, there is always safety in numbers, yet everyone keeps going off alone all the time. So stay in groups and watch each other's backs. Second rule of Zombie fight club is...you don't have to be faster than the zombie, you only have to be faster than the other guy. :D

Goodbye Dale, you didn't have the killer instinct, and it came back to bite eviscerate you.

#216 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

aw that was sad that Dale died  :( pretty exciting stuff though  :D and yeah who the hell lets their kid wander off by himself when the world is full of zombies doh!! :blink:

#217 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostMistressred, on 29 February 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Posted Image
I've used reckon way before reckon was cool I reckon.
That. Is. Awesome!

Last night... OMG OMG!

Okay let me get this out of the way: Saving whats-his-name with the fence leg, stitching him up, almost driving him out to be set free to fend for himself and then deciding that killing him is best... I agree with the dissenters. It's wrong. Once you save a man's life, that does not mean that his life is now yours to do with as you wish. Kill him because he *might* commit a crime that he might not ever commit? It's fucked up.

I know, I know... he was running with unsavory types. REAL unsavory types. He might indeed be dangerous... but they knew that at the bar. They could have just left him there, or put him down with a bullet as Hershel suggested. "It might be kindest". Once they saved his life by taking him with them... and now knowing that he has done what HE had to do to survive... haven't they done the same? Handcuffing Merle on the roof, pointing guns at the old folks home to get Glen back, shoving themselves on Hershel's farm, sacrificing Otis, shooting the dudes in the bar... Perhaps it's a matter of degrees but are we all not trying to survive here? What makes one questionable act more acceptable than another? Dale was right. They are losing all hope of a civilized life if they all, and I mean ALL the survivors whats-his-name's group included, go down this path.

Which leads me to Dale. OMG OMG! He went out into that field and I was like dude, no. Then the chomping in the shadows and the cow moving a little and I honestly thought we were about to see a zombie cow. And then... Sit Up Freak Cat Out Moment. Noooo! Come ON man! I thought if you could hold off the jaws you have a chance to figure out how to shoot it in the head/pound a rock at it's head/someone else does something to it's head. Since when did reverse Alien Chestburster shit come into play? That's just rude. RUDE. Zombies bite you or scratch you... they don't rip your chest cavity open out of aggravation cause they can't figure out how to get their teeth into you. The rules have changed. Damnit. I liked Dale. He was Grandpa. Grandpa who knew stuff and wanted people to still be people, despite everything. RIP Dale.

Then again, the tv went black after Daryl said "Sorry brother". So maybe he didn't shoot him in the head.... That's me. Eternal optimist.

2 more episodes to go...

#218 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

Pretty sure Dale is a gonner because they did a RIP segment on the Talking Dead. They always say a fair thee well to the zombies that died again as well.
I see how you think Dale needed to be the voice of reason, but his whole job was as a lookout..... um so he wanders into a field, alone, at night, to search out suspicious activity....fatal mistake. :huh:
I don't know why they bothered to drive off with that kid to find a perfect drop zone. I mean they should have just drove off and then dropped him off with water and maybe a knife. Still say he was not an innocent. Trust No One

Ok and Carl is still up for debate, he is wanting to be some tough kid, but just like his mother, people are always having to save him. Teach the kid to shoot, let him take turns with an adult, as lookout, don't let him wander around stealing weapons, and then.... Guess Who's Coming To Dinner.... :o
Two more episodes :(

PS Darryl setting up his own camp is showing how much faith he has in the team effort. I'd be a bit sketched out in a tent alone though... but I don't have his skillz.

#219 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

lol I totally thought that was a zombie cow for a minute  :lol: Carl is to blame for alot of deaths now

#220 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Oh no, I get it, I do. Trust No One. And yet, this isn't just out-witting black ops while searching for aliens. This is deciding the fate of a fellow human that was saved from certain death only to face death again at the hands of those that saved him in the first place. I hates it. The entire concept of having to decide something like that is... impossible to me. It would take a certain measure of turning off one's internal humanity if in that actual situation, I would think. It is definitely one aspect of surviving in a post-apocalyptic world that I don't ever want to face. Weird, since I always see myself as being one of the survivors in such a scenario. But that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Daryl off in his own camp - I don't know if that is so much that he doesn't trust the group. I kind of see it the way Carol did; he's pulling away. Like, he exposed his soft side during the search for Sophia and she ended up dead [walking dead] anyway so now he has all this inner conflict some of which is anger, maybe he's embarrassed, perhaps just sad or all of the above. But I do agree about the tents just as I did early in season 1 - There are ZOMBIES out there for christsake, and you are sleeping in nylon TENTS? WTF.

Carl - we don't have much back story on the kid but I took him to be a nice boy, listened to mom and dad, polite, a good kid. When he took the gun [wanting to be an adult and protect the camp?] and found the zombie and then, at first hesitantly like this is nothing he had ever done before, began to throw rocks at it... it was like wow, he is torturing it. The good kid is definitely changing and now he is acting like a typical bully torturing a smaller classmate or a pet who cannot fight back. And why do bullies do that? Because they feel small and without control. They change that by controlling someone else that is defenseless. In a world like this, Carl is feeling small and everything is pretty much out of control, so there he was, trying to change that feeling by taunting and tossing stones at the zombie stuck in the mud. For a brief moment, Carl had the power. He controlled the evil that had infiltrated and changed his previously happy world. It was a dumb thing to do, obvi, but that was the feeling I got from that scene.

I am so glad I was not the only one thinking Zombie Cow :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users