#21 night_riddles

night_riddles

Resident Devil Worshipper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (TeachJoanne @ Nov 4 2010, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I'm wondering is, did Lori start locking lips with Sherrif Shane before or after her husband Rick got shot? Did it start when he was in the hospital or when they went on the run?  

That horse bit was nasty.  

Felt so bad for the guy trying to shoot his wife.  sad.gif That scene was very well put together, though.

The makeup is incredible!  So are some of the "throwaway" effects that most people won't even notice are freaking amazeballs.  Like when he shot that deputy he wasn't too fond of.  You saw his head explode *and* the drawn out hands-down-the-chainlink fence in the same shot.  Also the legless zombie was very well done.

Looking forward to the next episode but really glad I watched this one during the day and not at night.

That's an interesting point, I didn't actually think about whether they were together before, I just assumed they had gotten together after they ran from the city. ohmy.gif Drama!

Did it scare you? Weird, it's not the type of show that scares me.

#22 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

I think I'm having a nervous breakdance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:37 AM

Not so much scare as stay with me.  Especially the more disturbing images.  The tension in some of the scenes was so well orchestrated that I'm not sure I would have been able to sleep well right after watching it.

And the reason I suspected some foul play between them before the zombies was because he was very interested in the state of Rick and Lori's relationship before he went into the hospital and the relationship wasn't that great.  Not to say that all shakey elationships end up cheating on each other but ... the possible build up for it is definitely there.

#23 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

Ball buster Extraordinaire , No newb here..Incognito 2001

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:40 AM

I think the relationship started after. She figured he was dead i guess and started up with shane. And  thought the part with the crawling zombie was cool when he sad  "i'm sorry this happened to you" . I also love his hat. Perfect to the comics. And yes, the wife thing was messed up. He just couldn't do it.  And jo, don't be a wuss, watch it at NIGHT! hahahaa

oh and i'm excited to see glenn coming up sunday. and did you guys think they showed that one zombie [in the bus in the city scene] a few times for a reason? Is he a leader or was he someone special?

#24 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

You mean this zombie: http://badgett.tumblr.com/post/1479698509/...ite-zombie-yall?  I was wondering the same thing.  

I am going to stick to the excuse that I have to wait until the next to watch it online so I probably won't be watching it in the evening ... ever.  Plus, I live alone with two wussy-ass scaredy-cats.  I swear they would use me as bait if there was ever any threat.

#25 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:03 AM

Yeah yea, what was up with him? some people on the imdb board for the  show is saying it looked like jim carey. lol. I have three scaredy cats myself over here. They like scary stuff though i think because i had the halloween music as my ringtone on my phone this past month and every time it would come on they would run up to it.  They like watching tv.

#26 LMD12

LMD12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

I watched it before bed at 1am last night LOL. I didn't have any scary dreams amazingly.
I had to look away during that whole horse scene. Disgusting & disturbing to say the least.
The part I love most about this show is how the scenery IS also a character. The camera work is sooooo good. I really feel like I'm watching a movie, not a TV series.

#27 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

I am so into this series after the premier. Because I love zombies. Meaning, I hate them. They are a metaphor for real people in our lives who suddenly turn on us and do harm. And will. Not. Stop.

Like I said before, I want to see what happens in the Zombie Apocolypse after the movie credits roll. The Walking Dead looks like it is going to deliver on that.

I loved the random horse. The same way I loved random horses in 28 days or in the FY and K&Q videos. Horses out of no where give me a smile. I thought the horse was going to gallop off when the sherrif got dumped. Oh! Not so much. I nearly covered my eyes at the carnage. sad.gif

The sherrif's wife and son with the other dude is eyebrow worthy but tell me this... if you were in zombieland, would YOU be hanging out in a field sleeping in tents? Defending a tent against the undead is like swatting a fly with a piece of yarn. Tents. Really?

I liked it because it feels like it could be real. It rings true like 28 days later did. When that man was aiming for his wife who is now a zombie but couldn't do it, not even for her or his son, I felt for him. I could feel it like it was real.

Fucking zombies.
I am looking forward to Sunday

#28 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (CandyO @ Nov 5 2010, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The sherrif's wife and son with the other dude is eyebrow worthy but tell me this... if you were in zombieland, would YOU be hanging out in a field sleeping in tents? Defending a tent against the undead is like swatting a fly with a piece of yarn. Tents. Really?

I liked it because it feels like it could be real. It rings true like 28 days later did. When that man was aiming for his wife who is now a zombie but couldn't do it, not even for her or his son, I felt for him. I could feel it like it was real.

Fucking zombies.
I am looking forward to Sunday

The tents!! That bugged me SO much!  All I want to know is what is the story there?  Do zombies not like fields in this? Are they all in the city and unaware of the free range flesh out there in the fields? Does the rule apply that if they are really quiet and there's no light the zombies will leave them alone?  Do they not get zippers like they don't get door handles with locks?  I mean, these zombies don't come crashing through windows so I guess they may not claw through tent fabric, either?

And, when running away from a zombie influx I get that you bring photos but who the hell brings tents??  I mean, really.

I agree about the feeling of realness.  And that dad is going to haunt me. I was up there with him when he had his wife in his sights.  sad.gif

#29 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

I know.. i would derf hide in a house and board it up like the black guy and his son did...screw that tent shit. What i'm wondering is if when you kill the people and they come back as zombies wouldn't that mean the horse could be a zombie horse  now as well cause they bit and ate it?  hahahaaa, nah, i'm not serious. I did think of it however. And also, someone at the imdb board was saying what about if someone was in a wheelchair...and couldn't walk,  and got bit would they come back? I have yet to see a paraplegic zombie. So many questions. I do think Andrew lincoln is perfect for the role. He reminds me of tony goldwyn from ghost. I cannot wait till sunday either!  They need 50 cal guns at least.

#30 blurred1

blurred1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:32 AM

Haven't had a chance to watch all of it yet, but it's so cool to see the town I live in all zombied-out.

#31 bagheera

bagheera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (night_riddles @ Nov 3 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also knew that horse was a goner as soon as that dumbass sheriff got on it. sad.gif Poor horse, I was so sad. I used to refuse to watch any movie/show where animals got hurt, but I've lightened up. Still.  dry.gif

My only other dislike was when that chick was like, we should put up signs and the other sheriff was like, we don't have time! Don't have time to put up a sign? That would save lives and take like 5 mins? And then he kept telling her what she was allowed to do! And she was fine with it! I would have been going WTF, instead of kissing him.

Well the horse death was used to show the horrific circumstances so at least it was meant to make people cringe, not go out and tear horses apart.

QUOTE (TeachJoanne @ Nov 4 2010, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I'm wondering is, did Lori start locking lips with Sherrif Shane before or after her husband Rick got shot? Did it start when he was in the hospital or when they went on the run?  

That horse bit was nasty.  

Felt so bad for the guy trying to shoot his wife.  sad.gif That scene was very well put together, though.

The makeup is incredible!  So are some of the "throwaway" effects that most people won't even notice are freaking amazeballs.  Like when he shot that deputy he wasn't too fond of.  You saw his head explode *and* the drawn out hands-down-the-chainlink fence in the same shot.  Also the legless zombie was very well done.

Looking forward to the next episode but really glad I watched this one during the day and not at night.

In the comic, Lori and Shane didn't have anything going on until after Rick was comatose. But Shane said he had been wanting it for a long time. Sorry idk if that's a spoiler...  ohmy.gif

Yes! The hands on the fence was my favorite part in the whole episode.

QUOTE (TeachJoanne @ Nov 4 2010, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean this zombie: http://badgett.tumblr.com/post/1479698509/...ite-zombie-yall?  I was wondering the same thing.  

I am going to stick to the excuse that I have to wait until the next to watch it online so I probably won't be watching it in the evening ... ever.  Plus, I live alone with two wussy-ass scaredy-cats.  I swear they would use me as bait if there was ever any threat.

QUOTE (Astupitgirl @ Nov 4 2010, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah yea, what was up with him? some people on the imdb board for the  show is saying it looked like jim carey. lol. I have three scaredy cats myself over here. They like scary stuff though i think because i had the halloween music as my ringtone on my phone this past month and every time it would come on they would run up to it.  They like watching tv.

That guy does look like Jim Carrey lol
Really effing creepy though. I looked away when they showed him for more than 1 second.

QUOTE (blurred1 @ Nov 5 2010, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't had a chance to watch all of it yet, but it's so cool to see the town I live in all zombied-out.

That must be cool.  cool.gif

I especially enjoyed the opening credits!

#32 pisces

pisces

The poster formerly known as minara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

I figure that one zombie might be important some how, since they kept showing him in particular.

#33 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:57 PM

Yay for realistic gore and parts, and oozing liquified brains, and partial people clawing across fresh cut grass in the morning.

LOL we are all a bunch of sick twisted MoFo's... um... carry on  laugh.gif

Filmed in your town? COOL! All we get is Heartland, think how many extras there would be needed in a Zombie series.

#34 Teila

Teila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

I keep hearing about this show but I know nothing about it. Could someone give me a general synopsis? I don't want to google in case I see spoilers (I only read the first couple of posts in this thread). I may want to watch it one day.

#35 Sandra M

Sandra M

*a poop in the woods*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:29 AM

watching it right now. so far I like it. smile.gif

#36 Nine

Nine

BORN VILLAIN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:29 PM

Love zombies, loved the first episode... excited to see where it goes.

#37 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:24 AM

YEAH get ready for tonights episode! "Guts"

#38 Innocence lost

Innocence lost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:51 AM

Loved it! Excited to see tonight's episode!  biggrin.gif

#39 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

whoo, finally it's sunday! shit, just noticed the time is wrong here.

#40 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:22 AM

Oh man. I watched it twice tonight! This one was a doozer. The "guts" title was appropriate for sure. I can't believe they left the guy on the roof. I hear they go back for him though. I knew once it started raining they were in trouble.

I wonder what is going to happen when rick meets back up with wifey. Will him and shane remain fiends?
Chopping up the dead guy was gross but it also had a comedic side to it as well.

I'm just glad there is something good on tv again. anyone else watch tonight?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users