#181 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

[quote name='TeachJoanne' timestamp='1322515197' post='2311247']
Just watching The Talking Dead right now and Robert Kirkman (comic writer and executive producer of the show) has just explained why Hershel didn't just tell them Sophia was in the barn and ... I was right! Otis did all the wrangling and he was the only one who could have tipped them off that there was a little girl in the barn.  So (and here's the kicker, Robert said it himself) it's Shane's damn fault they didn't know where Sophia was.  LOLOLOL

Ahahahah! lol Awesome, ive Actually never watched the talking dead ones, i should have, but normally i go right to bed once the show is over cause i have early mornings lol esp last night since i had to wait til the 11 oclocl encore
ohhh i love that blaming shane part! Awesome lol
but i still want to hold on to An eensie ounce of blame to the ones who were doing the chicken feeding lol
it makes me sleep better At night;)

#182 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

I was wondering if anyone watched the Talking Dead. Um...it wasn't a little "girl" anymore, so back to it being Rick's fault,but not really, that Sophia took off all on her own.

Just one thing that I dislike about most zombie movies, including this one. When all the critters came out of the barn, I noticed the faces were made up good, but they forget to do hands and arms. Maybe it is too pain staking, but I notice it. If something is rotting away, it should be pretty evenly, to me it's a blooper to see clean white hands, arms and chests. Speaking of bloopers, wouldn't it be fun to see Walking dead boopers???

#183 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

fuck, forget spoilers and/or waiting a day, I can't do it.

View PostMistressred, on 25 November 2011 - 09:16 PM, said:

Waiting for the next horse to be eaten... :(
Oh you know I was just waiting to use this again...
Posted Image

JoAnne no worries. I put the possible spoiler from the web pic you saw out of my head right up until the shooting stopped, we were back in the barn, I heard the groan OH NO and then saw her tennies OH NO NO IT WASN'T FAKE and as the camera scrolled up to her tee I yelled at the tv OH NO NO IT IS SOPHIA IT WAS TRUE NO NO NO! Grandpa would be proud. He was a good yeller at the tv.

My eyes got misty right there, not gonna lie. Even more so when Rick stepped up and finished off Sophia himself. Cause damn. The writing in this show is good enough to bring forth that much emotion. It's an art. Poor Sophia. Poor Carol.

So much of last night's episode was good. Ya'll already touched on most of it. I will just nod.

Yeah WTF mid season finale please come back in February. Maybe they did that so we can all decompress and the new writer's episodes won't seem so different. Or something.

I hope anyone thinking they can survive the zombie apocalypse is watching this. I'm with Dale, as he stared down Shane in the swamp. “This world, what it is now, this is where you belong. ... 'Cause at least I can say when the world goes to shit, I didn't let it take me down with it.”

two months... it's gonna pass like a Walker herd... slowly.

#184 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

is the mid season finale Anything to do with the holiday season? i know this is prolly totally off the show topic but i was wondering why so many shows seem to do it, but i thought, maybe because it is december And theres many chrismahanakwanzzakah celebrations on that maybe the rest of the world isnt like me And might be offset by watching zombies during this time?
just A thought
which sucks for the rest of us who dont have Any holidays now And LOVE watching zombies Any time of year
but i digress
february is way too long to wait, i didnt think id wait til october for season 2
*le sigh*

#185 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

Hmm, maybe it was for the holidays. But the break started mighty early with a really late return so I still think they did it so we would forget/not care that the second half of season II is being directed by someone new. Not that I'm into conspiracies or anything ;)

Looks like Feb 12th is how long we have to wait. Six weeks to go.

So... I was on the mars site/blog thing a couple days ago and saw their "top favorites of 2011" and there it was. I smiled a lot. Cause just when you think he can't get any cooler/goofier, he does.

Tomo likes The Walking Dead too.

Geeks unite! :D

#186 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

I think I'm having a nervous breakdance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

I am really glad I subscribe to this topic because I refuse to come to this forum for anything else and now a handy e-mail tells me when there's something new. :D

I think the extra-long break does have to do with the director switch but I'm hopeful that it's more for a subtle change of style that will go unnoticed with such a break and not with conspiracies.  Also, I truly believe they won't lose a lot of fans because of this, it'll only make us stranger stronger. Call me Pollyanna and let's move on.

I don't get the transmissions or any posts at all from the band anymore so I'm glad you mentioned TWD link.  :) Geeks are cool.

#187 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

^ :)

WE MADE IT! Second half of Season II this Sunday night, Feb 12th. I am excited!

Things I want to find out [not that I think any of these will be addressed, but I still pine for the answers]
- How did Wild Fire start, exactly?
- What did the CDC doctor whisper to Rick? That was a tease in the season opener - SPILL IT.
- Why has nobody thought of finding a big farm [like Hershel has] with ample land and well water [preferably without Swimmers] build a high super solid fortress wall out of cinder blocks, concrete and wire, start a garden, some chickens, and get a sheep and a cow and breed horses [that was a Red Dwarf joke] and wait for the zombies to [hopefully] run out of food and die? They could whittle arrows and Daryl could sit on the wall and pick them off a few at a time to help thin the herd.
- Why DON'T the Walkers get into Hershel's farm? I don't think we've seen much of the fence aside from the front gate but I seem to remember it was pretty flimsy looking.
- WHERE'S MERL?!?!

Hoping for another Sunday mini-marathon leading up to the new episode...

#188 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

cant believe we DID make it!
i know i wasnt having so much fun that time flew
but now that i think About it, itr was A pretty quick break lol
def looking forward to sunday night AND the rest of the season
i read somewhere (its Always 'somewhere' cause i never pay Attention to links i click, in case someone demands sauce) About daryl taking on more of A leadership role but hating that he has it At the same time, now that i think About it i think that was posted somewhere in HERE
hmmm
id like to have them move off hershels farm though
i hate that setting, time to move on, im still guessing that the farm is situated in one of those off out of the way places that the south seems to be so fond of, which explains the lack of walker overrun, we DO know they get on the farm, As witnessed by the barn
i need to pick up the comics, thatd prolly Answer way more for me lol

#189 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

Last night's episode... did not like. :(

I was not even thinking about "new director" [or was that WRITERS] as the mid-season finale ep wrapped up and I got excited for the new episode. But maybe that is why it felt... wrong. Did anyone else feel like that or is it just me?

The people didn't feel like people anymore, they felt like characters saying lines on a tv show. It was stiff and... like they were self conscious.  

- The chick running up to turn over her zombie mom who starts gnashing at her felt like gratuitous zombie moment.
- Sick chick "burning up with fever" but nobody says "was she bit?"
- Carol talking about Sophie... she wasn't Carol. It was like she was wearing a bad Carol suit. Carol always had more raw emotion and I understand *she's in shock* but damn, I think the real Carol would have been more "soft" even in shock.
- Lori getting all freaked out cause Carl said he would have shot Sophie himself. Hell I would have shot Sophie too. That's not being cold - that's taking care of your friends when they become Walkers.

Hershel going to the bar in town and just sitting in there, drinking and admitting he was a damn fool, was just weird. He did a complete 180 and was dry after he turned. I would have imagined more of "You were right Rick and I was wrong but I didn't want to be wrong, I wanted to believe because I loved them." Or something.

As for the final scene with the dudes from PA - I do not fault Rick at all for shooting those two. But the whole thing was so... what happened to "We don't shoot the living" thing? Obvi sometimes you gotta if they are ready to kill you to take your farm but... it was like he had no remorse. Dry. A bad Rick suit.

I hope this wasn't a case of big wigs after season 1 saying "well okay! This little zombie show could be a money maker. Let's change it up to appeal to the masses so we can make even MORE money." cause that will be it's ruin.

#190 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostCandyO, on 13 February 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

Last night's episode... did not like. :(

I was not even thinking about "new director" [or was that WRITERS] as the mid-season finale ep wrapped up and I got excited for the new episode. But maybe that is why it felt... wrong. Did anyone else feel like that or is it just me?

The people didn't feel like people anymore, they felt like characters saying lines on a tv show. It was stiff and... like they were self conscious.  

Let's change it up to appeal to the masses so we can make even MORE money." cause that will be it's ruin.

Some people would say that can happen to bands as well....

See now it seems like they are trying to make Rick more like Shane...I always preferred Shane or even Darryl, Darryl has skillz for Zombie Appocaliyse, even though in normal times people would be looking down on his red neck self. Shane has more of a killer instinct, but the washing of Carol's hands maybe was trying to show that his shell is hard, but their is some softer stuff inside somewhere. What's with what's her name and the car roll over?? That was plain stupid. She is a weak character and maybe deserves to be eaten.

#191 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Awwww:( i Actually loved the episode! lol i feel like An outcast though now lol
i was Actually really GLAD rick shot those guys in the bar, they might have A we dont shoot the living rule, BUT rick is still A cop, or was, pre Apocalypse, And there Are times when As A cop, you have to shoot people, you know theyre bad news, you know its you or them, you have to protect...im guessing that instinct took over, And for A second it wasnt zombie Apocalypse for rick it was these dudes Are criminals who Are fixin to turn on us. *shrug* i was just glad NOT to see him wishy washy lets wrangle A walker to A barn to make nice friends for A second
carol...im not sure what to think,its A tough call for how we want to see her react, i reckon. i was wondering HOW they would write it, HOW they would show her reaction, because in All honestly i cant fathom it. if it were my daughter, And even if were NOT the zombie Apocalypse, if something happened to her...id shut down completely literally go catatonic And waste Away, i cant imagine i would have A will to live without my child...i think though that whoever wrote the tearing up of the flowers scene needs to rethink that, it was so downplayed, no UN ragey, that scene could have been so much more raw And heart wrenching had it been given the right writing.
i still liked the episode though;)

#192 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostMistressred, on 14 February 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

Some people would say that can happen to bands as well....

See now it seems like they are trying to make Rick more like Shane...I always preferred Shane or even Darryl, Darryl has skillz for Zombie Appocaliyse, even though in normal times people would be looking down on his red neck self. Shane has more of a killer instinct, but the washing of Carol's hands maybe was trying to show that his shell is hard, but their is some softer stuff inside somewhere. What's with what's her name and the car roll over?? That was plain stupid. She is a weak character and maybe deserves to be eaten.
oh snap...

Somewhere back in here I said I had found that in the comics Shane was killed off a while ago and in the show Rick was getting all the gentle/rational stuff while Shane branched off into a rage/dog-eat-dog personality. Like, they are Rick's comic character split into two. I do like Darryl cause he is a loner with skills and I have a bit of redneck in me, but I would want that balanced with Rick [and Glen, Dale and T-Dog] cause they seem to be the one's trying to stay civilized after civilization has fallen. I would never think they would shoot me in the leg. And while they may be trying to show Shane's soft side with the hand washing I was thinking "snatch your hands back cause He. Shot. Otis."

Lori. Yeah, if you can't pay attention enough on a deserted road in order to avoid a shuffling zombie [at least I think that was a Walker but what if it was an alive person?] right in the dang middle of it then that is some fucked up shit right there.  

View PostBeanDubh, on 14 February 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Awwww:( i Actually loved the episode! lol i feel like An outcast though now lol
i was Actually really GLAD rick shot those guys in the bar, they might have A we dont shoot the living rule, BUT rick is still A cop, or was, pre Apocalypse, And there Are times when As A cop, you have to shoot people, you know theyre bad news, you know its you or them, you have to protect...im guessing that instinct took over, And for A second it wasnt zombie Apocalypse for rick it was these dudes Are criminals who Are fixin to turn on us. *shrug* i was just glad NOT to see him wishy washy lets wrangle A walker to A barn to make nice friends for A second
carol...im not sure what to think,its A tough call for how we want to see her react, i reckon. i was wondering HOW they would write it, HOW they would show her reaction, because in All honestly i cant fathom it. if it were my daughter, And even if were NOT the zombie Apocalypse, if something happened to her...id shut down completely literally go catatonic And waste Away, i cant imagine i would have A will to live without my child...i think though that whoever wrote the tearing up of the flowers scene needs to rethink that, it was so downplayed, no UN ragey, that scene could have been so much more raw And heart wrenching had it been given the right writing.
i still liked the episode though;)
*pats* nahh, you aren't an outcast. Nobody has to like or dislike the same thing. And maybe I am just so geeky and into it hardcore it read different for me.

Oh yeah, no, I totally agree that shooting the dudes in the bar was the only way. It was just so weird how he didn't say something like "I once said we don't shoot the living, but I guess sometimes we have to" or something. And Rick zombie-wrangling to put them in the barn was dumb as shit BUT he was trying to appease Hershel. And he was trying to appease Hershel because Lori is pregnant. And with Lori pregnant the only sure safe thing is to stay on the farm, thus, do what Hershel says. Wishy-washy? Maybe. Or self-preservation. Would I be strong enough to set my beliefs aside even a little bit in order to protect myself and others? I don't know. I hope I never have to find out.

The bolded: That. Exactly. Her sad "that was not my daughter" emotions lacked energy the same way the ripping up of the roses lacked Carol energy. The actress portraying Carol stopped being Carol and became someone saying lines. Carol in a bad Carol suit. For me.

Did anyone catch anything good in the "scenes from next week"? Cause when they said "stay tuned until the first commercial break during Comic whatever for next week" I was like oh fuck you I gotta go to sleep, work in the morning and all that and didn't see them.  

Hey Mistress? BeanDubh? Thanks for coming in. I was feeling real lonely in here yesterday. I was NEVER the first to post after a new episode before. It was spooky. *hold me*

#193 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostCandyO, on 14 February 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Hey Mistress? BeanDubh? Thanks for coming in. I was feeling real lonely in here yesterday. I was NEVER the first to post after a new episode before. It was spooky. *hold me*

haha! honestly? first thing i did After the episode Aired was check in here if Anyone posted, And when i saw nothing i thought...ohhhhh ok, i wont be the first lol
i still think its weak of rick to Appease hershel for the sake of lori being pregnant, i think its sad, but im not the husband of A pregnant woman during the ZA so...i can only pass judgement from the sidelines...half of me though rebels Against it, As if theres some subtle underlying sentiment that A pregnant woman needs extra special care, As if shes fragile, so she needs to stay put At that farm...when youre pregnant you can carry right Along with your daily Activities, And since loris body is ALready used to fending for her life from walkers...well let the bitch travel i say lol
realistically though...no, they cant keep wandering. when she DOES go into labour there will be blood. blood brings walkers. but they got 9 months to go,
wanting to make peace with hershel is fine, helping to keep him deluded by thinking walkers would get better, is not, in my book...what would have been the next step had shane not busted the doors open? would rick have started to help feed the walkers in the barn? would he have eventually noticed he was feeding sophia? would he then have rationalized to carol that he knew what happened to her daughter but it was ok because it was for the sake of his OWN unborn child that he had to do what he did? (speaking of carol, we saw her rage And bash in her husbands head, crumpling some flowers over her daughters death is WAY out of character)
i dont know, i dont like it...what of the Abandoned house daryl found that was possibly where they thought sophia may have been? why not head out there clean the place up And there you have it. secluded stationary place, still in the middle of nowhere with minimal walker Activity, close enough to get hershel in time of medical need, but far enough not to piss him off...maybe i think way too much of these things lol
on A sidenote though, does NO ONE in this show except hershel And daryl understand basic first Aid? they teach us that shit in high school, And when that girl (cant remember her name thats how important she is to me) faints At the sink the first thing they think is oh shit! must find daryl to go get hershel And rick? shanes there, hes A goddamn cop too, A cop would know how to treat shock/etc...loris A mother, someone falls down And she panics And thinks to find someone else to fix it? what All did she do when carl was A baby And rick was on duty?
eesh, its like theyre making All the women weak on that show, And they need to change that
/rant over
lol sorry

#194 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostBeanDubh, on 14 February 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

haha! honestly? first thing i did After the episode Aired was check in here if Anyone posted, And when i saw nothing i thought...ohhhhh ok, i wont be the first lol

i still think its weak of rick to Appease hershel for the sake of lori being pregnant, i think its sad, but im not the husband of A pregnant woman during the ZA so...i can only pass judgement from the sidelines...half of me though rebels Against it, As if theres some subtle underlying sentiment that A pregnant woman needs extra special care, As if shes fragile, so she needs to stay put At that farm...when youre pregnant you can carry right Along with your daily Activities, And since loris body is ALready used to fending for her life from walkers...well let the bitch travel i say lol
realistically though...no, they cant keep wandering. when she DOES go into labour there will be blood. blood brings walkers. but they got 9 months to go,

on A sidenote though, does NO ONE in this show except hershel And daryl understand basic first Aid? they teach us that shit in high school, And when that girl (cant remember her name thats how important she is to me) faints At the sink the first thing they think is oh shit! must find daryl to go get hershel

eesh, its like theyre making All the women weak on that show, And they need to change that
/rant over
lol sorry
I never could check here right after. I get up before 6am if not earlier so even with season 2 being on at 9 it ends at 10 and I'm fighting the sandman so I've always had to wait until the next day when I get home from work. :>

I totally agree with you! Pregnant women are tough and can do anything up to and including giving birth to a small watermelon in a field and going right back to picking rice or whatever. Barring complications. That would be reason number 1 to want to stay near Hershel, complications during the pregnancy and/or birth. A veterinarian is as good as a doctor in a pinch. But more importantly is reason number 2 and it doesn't involve blood: babies cry. Noise attracts Walkers. Can you imagine if there had been a crying baby during the Walker Herd on the highway? You can't make them stop crying - all the way up thru the toddler years and a bit beyond, kids randomly make noise. A baby in the zombie apocalypse = a liability. Thus, the farm is safer once there is a crying baby in the picture.

Good point on the first aid. And I will say it again... why did NOBODY in that house ask "was she bit?" She has all the signs, she was THIS close to a zombie and thus, I would certainly be checking her for bites/scratches. Oh sure it could be shock or H1N1 but I think this is Occam's Razor - she was bit.

Yeah, some of the women are giving females a bad name. Lori seemed okay sometimes but then she does dumb shit - and I keep thinking back to that flashback pre-Wildfire of her being angry cause Rick didn't yell back at her and call her a bitch. Unhealthy behavior missy. Unhealthy.

No apologies needed. I like the discussion. Plus I feel less blah about Sunday and more excited for the next ep. :)

If I woke up to Walkers in the front yard tomorrow... I hope I will be a little bit Rick, a little bit Glen and a healthy double sprinkle of Darryl and Carol.

#195 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

lol yes the 9 pm time does wonders for my schedule of getting up At the Ass crack of dawn As well:)
im still not liking the idea of hershel being saviour.
All valid points yes for staying
but it just doesnt sit right with me
but maybe im just A bit too off to want to stay there, i keep thinking if *I* was in the ZA And *I* was part of THIS group...id want to move on As quick As possible, but its really just personality quirks i reckon when it comes down to it,id want to keep looking for the next place where theres hope A cure salvation, not just hunker down, And Accept the status quo
have you seen the personality tests over At AMC? this:
If I woke up to Walkers in the front yard tomorrow... I hope I will be a little bit Rick, a little bit Glen and a healthy double sprinkle of Darryl and Carol.
made me think of it lol
ive Always felt if i woke up tomorrow And zombies had somehow overtaken civilization overnight And i somehow slept through the sirens And/or warning signs, id be daryl
i Actually have An emergency plan in case it DOES happen lol

#196 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Ok, so I don't think you need to be a Dr, or a Vet to figure out that when people start rotting, and flesh and sinew, and skin starts to disintigrate, there is a pretty good chance that even if a cure would be found it will not reverse these walkers to their original state.
I'm still confused as to how they digest seeing as they keep decomposing.

Ok and Lori, ... way to keep it in your pants... NOT. I am sorry but you know you'd think they could have found a box of condoms somewhere in their travels. What was she hoping for?? Let's run and hide from flesh eating zombies, but let's enlarge the family because things are looking peachy and there are all manner of vacant homes with white picket fences etc.? DUH!

I agree the two dudes in the bar were looking sketchy and acting sketchy. There was a mirror to reflect that big guy was going for his gun, there was that super pushy vibe about hey, let's party at your house as well.

I guess I am the only one on team Shane... a mixture of Shane and Darryl and Glen's agility, would be my choice mix. I know people want to hang onto the humanity part of it all, keep it intact, but maybe that is best worried about later, when they know they have a place to call home, and have had more time to figure out the new set of post ZA rules.

The boy Carl? meant more to Shane than some chubby dude who shot the kid, then did not know how to make an  escape route in his own town. Glen was pretty good at it if you remember. Otis had been wrangling zombies, he should have known how to create a diversion, and plan an escape after getting that equipment. They were running like chickens without heads, and they got trapped. How easy would it have been to have one more person, making noise, like the alarm in that sports car trick, or throwing flares and driving slowly away, while the other two got the medical supplies. Or sacrifice a few more chickens in a abandoned car with the windows rolled mostly up????? Just sayin!

Regarding Hershel and his farm... yep does the man not have neighbours? Move into one of the adjoining farms,take turns patroling the farms between everyone, set up some razor wire perimeter fencing, and wait for the zombies to rot, instead of collecting them and feeding them chickens. If they can wait it out, there will be less fresh meat, and as we saw from the first show, it is pretty easy to sneak up on a zombie with no bottom half. Maybe that's why you can buy separate swim suit tops and bottoms!!! Only buy what you need folks :P

PS The closest thing I can think of to a Zombie bite is rabies.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....lth/PMH0002310/

So maybe in the event of a cure you would think it would work before onset of symptoms. Once there are symptoms...you're SOL. Sorry Hershel, epic fail!

PSPS I thought someone did ask if that woman was bitten? I thought I heard that... maybe I'm dreaming.

#197 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

^^haha LOVED reading that before work this morning!:)
on a side note though, ive seen some documentaries/scifi serious shows where they Actually contemplate the validity of An Actual ZA All based in real life reality And science, And its pretty weird that All these doctors And scientists Are like hmm yah we could make that, if we crossed something ebola with the flue/meningitis/encephalitis/etc And made it Airborn lol id have to Actually look that shit up to see exactly WHAT they said could have the potential of being close to A sombie virus outbreak but still pretty weird that its not so far fetched After All
ok zombie/nerd/scifi/geek hat off now

#198 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostBeanDubh, on 15 February 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

have you seen the personality tests over At AMC? this:
made me think of it lol
ive Always felt if i woke up tomorrow And zombies had somehow overtaken civilization overnight And i somehow slept through the sirens And/or warning signs, id be daryl
i Actually have An emergency plan in case it DOES happen lol
Yup. I took the AMC personality test last summer I think. I got "Rick - Natural Born Leader" which is awkward cause I'm more of a lone wolf. Then again, maybe good leaders are the ones who don't crave the role. Whole new discussion!

*nod* Everyone should have an emergency plan. Anti-Zombie spray is ready.

View PostMistressred, on 16 February 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

I'm still confused as to how they digest seeing as they keep decomposing.

So maybe in the event of a cure you would think it would work before onset of symptoms. Once there are symptoms...you're SOL. Sorry Hershel, epic fail!

PSPS I thought someone did ask if that woman was bitten? I thought I heard that... maybe I'm dreaming.
There's a whole lot of good stuff up in there miss! err, mistress!

Oh maybe someone did ask. I missed it if they did. Will pay closer attention to the re-run on sunday prior to the new ep.
And about going to a new farm - I suggested it but in one of the marathon eps last Sunday I think Hershel said the same thing and Maggie said "They are all [something] or overrun by Walkers" or something like that. Still, Daryl and a supply of arrows could clear a small farm in a day or two. He has skillz.

Okay on to the decomposing thing and then the cure/symptoms/etc thing. I was over on the IMDB Walking Dead boards the past couple of days [lurking cause we don't want me signing up over there, lawd no M O O N spells trouble!] and one person pointed out that "using pure logic when it comes to zombies spoils all the fun." Hahaa, true! They said it about something else but still... maybe sometimes it's best to suspend common sense and go along for the ride. Personally, I am going to believe that as long as a zombie has access to live food, be it human, deer, rat or woodchuck, it is able to digest it and this staves off/slows down additional decomposition. Or something like that.    

Now having said that, I saw another interesting topic over there. I am moving to free association typing for this one: first bits from IMDB discussion, last bits my own thoughts. Bits. Not Bites. Pardon the pun...
- What did Jenner at the CDC say to Rick right before Rick left?
- That EVERYONE, including the living, is infected. A zombie bite/scratch/kill is not required to transmit the disease. Death by any means [heart attack, bee sting, etc.] = Walker unless the brain is smashed/shot/etc. [i.e. George Romero rules]
- This is why Rick was so careful to shoot big PA dude in the bar in the head.
- Daryl figured this out himself and this is proven when he and Andrea stumbled on the Hanging Walker and Daryl said "stupid bastard didn't know to shoot himself in the head."
- This leads one to believe that "Got bit, Fever hit, World's gone to shit, might as well quit." guy hung himself, died and then became a Hanging Zombie, cause that is what happens when you die, cause everyone is infected.
-- HOWEVER the man's note said he was bit. So he was already infected.
-- Daryl also points out that Walkers ate the dudes legs.
-- Walkers only eat LIVE stuff and Walkers definitely do not eat each other.
-- Which means Hanging Walker did not die from hanging, became a Walker simply by dying and then had his legs chewed on by other zombies cause zombies don't eat each other.
-- This also means that Hanging Walker did not die from hanging and *then* became a zombie when other zombies came and ate his legs while he was just dead dead cause Walkers don't eat dead stuff.
-- So the only plausible explanation is that Hanging Walker hung himself, poorly, did not snap his neck and instead was hanging there still awkwardly alive when Walkers came and ate his legs and THEN he became a Walker. That couldn't walk cause he was hanging.
-- Which disproves the theory that Daryl saying "stupid bastard didn't know to shoot himself in the head." meant that he had figured out that death = Walker and/or that everyone is infected as opposed to Walker bite = Walker infection. We have seen no "natural" deaths yet so don't know if those indeed re-animate too.
-- Cause there is no way around it... Hanging Walker did not become a zombie until he was gnawed on and died even if he already was bit. He would not have been gnawed on if he was A. Dead flesh or B. Walker flesh so thus, he MUST have been C. Live flesh in order for Walkers to want to eat him. Thus, this entire discussion about Daryl and the Hanging Walker does NOT prove that "everyone is already infected".

And then there was another thread that said this next ep is going to reveal what Jenner said for real but I didn't click on it cause I don't want spoilers.

So. There you go.

And tonight I feel very blessed to live in a world where I am able to put my feet up, sip a glass of wine on a Friday night and spend quality geek time pondering exactly how Walker infection happens.  
I'm a very lucky girl.

#199 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

^^im jealous of the wine! Aside from that im right there with you:) (9 Am work on saturday=no wine=sad me lol)
BUT
the Above got me to thinking
the virus is in everything.
doesnt matter how you die, once dead youre A walker
hanging walker...doesnt snap his neck (As is the case sometimes with hanging) so the poor bastard now has to suffocate to death, walkers come upon him And think oh yay snack on A rope...pesky logic says theyre not going to eat him if they know hes A walker
but its possible that those walkers did NOT infect him, As he "got bit" in the note. hanging walker doesnt know were All Already infected regardless. the virus doesnt take over UNTIL youre dead. so walkers would be justified in eating his legs. hes not Actively infected. A carrier if you will. colonized bacteria (if it werfe bacteria) weve Already seen the time lapse of A body dying before it reanimates...possibly the time it takes for the virus to be fully Active? As if it doesnt have the right conditions to thrive until whatever dies is dead...figuring THAT part of the equation out would be quite the fun romp though i would Assume, ANd could delve into ALL sorts of murky messy ponderings lol (why death? is it because the "soul" is gone? is it because the "conscience" is gone? is it only because that small teeny spark in your Ancient brain stem is there, or because someone with A soul or conscience could not feast upon other living flesh? ponderponder)
so technically All flesh is live flesh, And safe for walkers to eat, SINCE they Are ALREADT BITING EVERYONE IN SIGHT
And everyone in sight is Already infected with the virus.
what makes less sense to me though is how daryl would ALready know this. how rick would Automatically shoot douchebag in bar in the head. no ones told us this yet in the show. we have yet to see Anyone naturally die And then come back
possibly daryl has seen it happen And thats how he knows, but he Aint talking, not that hed tell Anyone Anyway
itd be nice if maybe hershel just bit in from old Age so they could watch it happen lol

#200 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hmmmmm ok, so if hanging guy was bitten, and knew he had not much time, and did not want to become undead, could he have hung himself but failed, as he already had zombie virus active in his system?? He should have died, but he never. Then  other zombies come along and chew on him because he is not clinically, zombie deadmeat, so he is still considered fast food?  It is an interesting debate to be sure. Animals are still being killed and eaten. I asume that means they are virus free, because otherwise as soon as you killed them, and went to skin em and cook em up they would turn and try to eat you back.

Now if it is true that the thing is airbourne and all humans are infected, and only need die to become a zombie, then that's so messed up that short of a miracle cure, humans are already extinct.

BTW I tried to get onto this site and got a note saying this site has moved, and to de config somethin somethin to try and access the new site. I did what it said but it still won't open in my old aol browser,same message keeps popping up, so I am using explorer. But I like having it there in my favourites, and so yeah.  Guess I wait for Indy to come home and help me.....and my zombie brain.

PS Yes yes it is best not to disect everything, but I am a stickler for knowing the rules. Anyone see the last Indiana Jones movie?? Remember when they were fighting on those jeeps and swinging from trees and then they went over a waterfall or whatever. Ok so Indy is sort of used to doing some super hero moves right, but when these woman and kids and everyone manages to escape all that shit unscathed, it was a bit much. We can't all have super skillz , it makes the star of the show lesser... poor Indy.
Oh and  like when James Bond never gets his suit dirty... come on!!!

So I guess I question things when they have no explanation, and the show just goes on and on, and maybe they make up rules as they go along. Maybe I just don't play well with others or something, but...... I love you all !!! :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users