#161 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

View PostTeachJoanne, on 14 November 2011 - 12:37 PM, said:

As if I couldn't love Norman Reedus more. From his Boondock Saints answers to his analysis of Daryl to his favourite vampires. <3

Norman Reedus goes deep as Daryl Dixon in 'The Walking Dead'

Norman Reedus posted the link on Twitter.
oh i heart you for this lol couldnt Agree more

#162 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Barn dance gone wrong?? Locked up family and hoping for a cure? Smithers, release the hounds! Or in this case slightly trained zombies that run you off the farm, or eat you whichever comes first?

So.... would you keep looking, or would you say enough already, numbers are dwindling over this hunt for a girl missing how many days???

#163 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

OMG last nite was a good ride!

TeachJoanne you were so right about the Merle delusion and I totally laughed out loud at the sleeve ripping [I know someone is loving this!]

Spoiler
Best damn series since the X-files, true story

#164 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

View PostMistressred, on 14 November 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

Barn dance gone wrong?? Locked up family and hoping for a cure? Smithers, release the hounds! Or in this case slightly trained zombies that run you off the farm, or eat you whichever comes first?

So.... would you keep looking, or would you say enough already, numbers are dwindling over this hunt for a girl missing how many days???
i honestly have lost track of how many days it is within showtime...i know its been weeks for us in reality but ive lost track otherwise...they do seem to be dragging out more than is plausible for the viewing Audience, but for me? id prolly still stay my Ass right there to keep looking til she was found dead or otherwise...but im A mom, And if i place myself myself in carols shoes, id never be Able to leave, even if it wasnt my kid...
haha barn dance gone wrong made me lol, for real
maybe walkers Are like pokemon
collecting them is the way to win the Apocalypse

#165 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

I think I'm having a nervous breakdance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

I seem to remember a couple of episodes ago (the one after Carl got shot?) that they said it had been three nights since she'd gone missing and every cop knew that after 72 hours the chances of finding them alive were next to nothing.  Now that Carl is walking around again, though, I'd say he's either made a miraculous recovery after primative abdomen surgery or we're definitely a week and a half or so down the road.

There was a very lame picture on Tumblr for awhile that showed a dirty blond girl in a rainbow t-shirt (like Sophia was wearing when she disappeared) looking like a walker and residing in Hershel's shed. The conclusion so far in Internetland is that it is a fake.  Although, how interesting would that be for dinner conversation?  "Oh Carol, since everyone knows about our barn full of the undead now we can tell you;- SURPRISE! Your kid is safe and sound and locked up inside with an assortment of our zombie relatives.  Aren't you just relieved now?" "Yes, thank you Hershel, that is quite the relief.  I assume you have a cure for this illness they all seem to have?"

Hmm ...

Anyway, thoughts on this week's "Secrets"  is that they all seem to suck at keeping them.  Except for Shane.  He's got one wicked poker face. :P  Speaking of faces, does anyone else think Dale looks like an owl?  

Not enough Daryl.  Rick was very calm about Lori's infidelity confession.  Shane and Andrea in the car ... like woah.  Poor Glenn just doesn't have a clue, does he?  Hershel not ranking high on my Man of the Year list.  Andrea finally showing some of her comic cool. Maggy nearly gets bitten by a dead thing and then suddenly doesn't have much of a problem with its head getting beaten to a pulp anymore. Carl being a cutie in his dad's hat and kicking some ass on the firing range.

Firing range.  Has NO ONE noticed that noise attracts walkers yet?  Really?  No one has made that connection? Blasting a bunch of guns and making glass shatter is kind of noisy, no?  Just saying.

#166 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

i was wondering that same thing About the firing range...but maybe theyre just too far out in the middle of nowhere that theyre Assuming walkers Are out of range? they Are driving/riding horses to get to what Appears to be suburbs And stuff...i used to live in the south so its honestly quite plausible for me to believe they could be so far isolated that A walker would have A damn far...err, walk, to get there
but thats just me
i was happy to see Andrea finally shooting like she meant it ever since you mentioned she was A badass in the comics, hopefully this will be A new turn...her And shane...eeesh, bleck lol
never enough daryl
period
i Am starting to understand the whining of the rest of the universe About the slow moving of the show though...last nights episode just kinda disappointed me...too much like A soap opera, i understand ok yes not everyday in the Aftermath of A zombie Apocalypse is life or death, but last night just kinda left me...blah...
dale At the end though looked insanely Afraid of shane (cause hey who wouldnt be At that point)
so i feel As if im starting to turn from hating dale And thinking hes Annoying to maybe hes not so bad, maybe he just has A big heart And wants to keeo this family together...who knows
my mind is kinda numb And im sure ive said nothing of value for the episode though, damn late hour lol

#167 marzywix

marzywix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

Just finished S02E06, OMG? Firstly, that chicken at the beginning..poor thing!! I think I said omg 10 times during the whole scene knowing what's coming next. Everything else...REALLY?! Basically, everything TeachJoanne said.

#168 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

I have seen a theory online that Rick is so cool about Lori's confession because the dude at the CDC told him she was pregnant in the "what's the big secret he told him moment?" in the last season.  I think that would be such a shame as I had a theory about what the big secret was based on the comics that I truly hope will come to light soon and I was hoping it was the CDC guy who told Rick.

Comic spoiler
Spoiler

#169 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

okay fuck it. Imma drop the spoilers for shows already broadcast in the usa. But I will appreciate the use of them for any comic spoilers [thanks JoAnne - I did not click. I do not shake presents before Christmas morning. I have mean self control!] and/or anyone with inside info that hasn't happened yet.

Yep to lots that ya'll already said. It was a slower episode but so is life sometimes. I felt for poor Glen holding the two secrets and then blurting them out to Dale LORISPREGNANTANDTHEBARNISFULLOFWALKERS haha. I'm fabulous at keeping secrets but secrets do sometimes bubble to the top and try to bust out the cork.

And farmer's daughter had a point about Glen. They treat him like walker bait when he really is a quiet leader type. He got Rick out of that tank by making a plan. I don't see it as intentional but sometimes the quiet ones get walked on. Pardon the pun.

omg Sophia is a walker in the barn? Now that's a hypothetical I did not consider. Now THAT would be a twist.

Yeah, the gunfire at practice. I thought about it. SHHHH NOISE ATTRACTS THEM! but maybe it is so far removed and/or behind a safe fence that they loosened up a bit.

Rick did take the Lori/Shane thing pretty well... there was discussion this past spring that this is indeed what the CDC doctor whispered in Rick's ear. So maybe that was it. Or he might just be such a chill guy that he takes punches like that really really well. Lori has said that sometimes Rick is TOO understanding.

Yep, Dale looked terrified of Shane. I think he has figured out what happened with Otis and that is kinda terrifying. And Yep, Dale does look a little bit like an owl. I like him. "no I'm sorry. If I had known it was the end of the world I would have brought better books."

Does anyone else ever use the zombie factor when shit gets tough? "well [I missed the bus, the new computer system is crap, my co-workers are so negative, damn the milk spoiled, great the cat puked again] but it could be worse. I could be running from zombies."

I do. :)

#170 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

View PostCandyO, on 22 November 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

And farmer's daughter had a point about Glen. They treat him like walker bait when he really is a quiet leader type. He got Rick out of that tank by making a plan. I don't see it as intentional but sometimes the quiet ones get walked on. Pardon the pun.

omg Sophia is a walker in the barn? Now that's a hypothetical I did not consider. Now THAT would be a twist.

Rick did take the Lori/Shane thing pretty well... there was discussion this past spring that this is indeed what the CDC doctor whispered in Rick's ear. So maybe that was it. Or he might just be such a chill guy that he takes punches like that really really well. Lori has said that sometimes Rick is TOO understanding.

Yep, Dale looked terrified of Shane. I think he has figured out what happened with Otis and that is kinda terrifying. And Yep, Dale does look a little bit like an owl. I like him. "no I'm sorry. If I had known it was the end of the world I would have brought better books."

Does anyone else ever use the zombie factor when shit gets tough? "well [I missed the bus, the new computer system is crap, my co-workers are so negative, damn the milk spoiled, great the cat puked again] but it could be worse. I could be running from zombies."

I do. :)
I totally feel for Glenn.  Not spoilering this comic reveal (because I have been banging on about Andrea in the comics spoiler-free) but Glenn is also less wimpy.  I think they'd all HAVE to be a lot less whiny and wimpy in order to have made it this far and not be a zombie snack.  But that's just me.  [you're very welcome for the comic spoilers, btw; I happen to feel the show and the comic are two separate things and I won't mix em up - it's not cool if you ever decide to read them -- and I really think you should]

Like I said, the Sophia in the barn thing is a theory (with odd, slightly photoshopped looking picture) I saw on Tumblr.  And now, of course, I can't find it again.  

Like I say in my spoiler, I would be really disappointed if the CDC guy told Rick about Lori's pregnancy because it seems like such and odd thing for him to test for.  A BIG stretch in Plot-Line Land, if you ask me.

I love Dale and I loved that line about the books.  It was SO something I would apologize for. Although, the ones in my bag now would be mostly okay for entertainment during a zombie apocalypse.

Yes, I think of the zombie factor shit.  I also thought it the last two days when we had non-stop, pea soup fog.  Could have sworn I saw someone shuffling in the distance and if it was a fellow zombie enthusiast, gods bless him but otherwise ... watch this space.

#171 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

Ahhh i love the comic spoiler! i want to eventually read them myself but i Am A person who loves to know what happens beforehand so i dont mind them one bit before i read them:)
slight spoiler but is directly in relation to the comic spoiler
Spoiler
i too use the zombie factor in life...wow this sucks but hey...At least its better than the zombie Apocalypse
not happy that next week is mid season finale, i dont like going without this show, or maybe its just daryl...hehehe

#172 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

Ok got caught up and watched the last episode just now. So I called it, family locked up in the barn. Waste of chickens if you ask me.
Here is my 2 cents , so at the start of the series, Lori and Shane were an item from before he got shot right, so she is still keeping secrets lol. She has a point about babies crying at inopportune moments,pretty hard to hide under a car or try to be stealth with a crying baby. I don't think Sofia would still be alive and well.....

They think they are in this haven, but there are walkers in the barn, walkers in the nearby town, a walker in the well, really how safe are they? Not to mention I keep seeing cows in the background, good ol live beef, you'd think zombies would be all over that herd. If they put up a bigger better fence it would still eventually look like a Resident Evil aerial view. Why so many trips to town? Pack the car right up, what's with taking chances getting a few items at a time. Waiting for the next horse to be eaten... :(

#173 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:15 PM

Gotta say Shane got it right.

#174 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

I was so hoping Carl would shoot Shane in the face mid-tirade.  He may be right but he's an asshole who puts people at risk by being hot-headed and aggressively impulsive.  And then Rick gets to clean up his mess. I get what Shane means about Rick not being made for their Walker World but he's missing a very important part: for every Shane out there doing the hardcore survival thing, there HAS to be a Rick to balance it out with thought, humanity and diplomacy otherwise you may as well shed the clothes and run wild through the swamp.  How do you tell the difference between the humans and the zombies if they're all like Shane?

So sorry about my earlier spoiler, I seriously thought the picture I'd seen was a fake and that Sophia being in the barn was a fanfic.  In the end though, how intense was that?  Very well done. I cried. I've seen a lot of complaints that the Sophia thing was taking too long and I get irritated by this generation that needs things solved within an hour with enough breaks to grab a drink and pee.  They will be the first to go in a real zombie apocalypse and I won't mourn them.  I really enjoyed watching each character deal with (or not deal with) the consequences of a person in their group going missing and what it meant for them.  

Ever since the spoiler about Sophia I was wondering why Hershel or the rest wouldn't have told them they had a little girl in the barn and then they went and neatly explained that tonight: Otis wrangled the walkers.  Otis had no idea they were missing a little girl because he left with Shane before the rest arrived.  Otis probably didn't report back each and every walker he picked up to Hershel and the rest (though, tbh, a little girl may have warranted a mention) so there's a good chance they didn't know she was in there.  Even though they get fed chickens every day, would YOU stop and check out each one while doing it?  I'd avoid looking at them as much as possible. So there you go, that's my theory on that.  

I hate that we have to wait until February 12th for this to pick up again. Whatever jackass came up with the "mid-season finale"  needs a slap.

#175 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

Shane is a bit hair trigger, but it's not the time to be too civil. Hershel is shell shocked, how long was he going to feed his zombie family and anyone else that wandered into the area? How many chickens can you give up to the undead? What next, lead a cow or horse in? Shane got it right, they are not people anymore. There is no cure as far as I can see, and there is no expectation for a cure anytime soon. Anything that crawls after you gnashing it's teeth, while dragging it's rotten rib cage(minus lower body)along, and still wants to eat you, is not going to be cured, and is not civilized.
Rick has the more even temper, but Rick would be missing a son right about now, and if he had to make the call would he have told Shane to stay and be eaten, giving his son no chance? If Rick went back for supplies, would his son and himself both be eaten?
A leader probably has to fall somewhere between the, lay down and drink the kool aid, and running naked through the forest with an AK47. Herhsels's way of life post Zombie apocalypse, is not wise, and could not be sustained long term. Pretty soon the living are going to want those chickens. :lol:

It was fitting that Rick shot Sophia, Shane did not have to do the dirty deed for once. Sophia being the the barn was a good thing, it showed the group that nobody is exempt from a piece of lead once infected. There was loss on both sides, Hershel in the end, allowed the barn's herd to be put down, he never tried to fight it, there was no winning this one.
Somewhere in their future, there would he an actual safe long term place for them to live,they can then return to the land of rules, and lines you should not cross etc. Right now it's still the law of the jungle.

"Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; and the wolf that shall keep it must prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
And as the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back;
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

PS I agree, now we have to wait for more brains.... :(

#176 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

The end does not justify the means.

Shane's "tough decisions" are always in his own interest which doesn't make them tough if number 1 is all you care about.  His decision to kill Otis was not made to ultimately help Carl, it was made so that Shane could survive.  If they had been going for food or other supplies unrelated to a surgery, you can bet Otis would still be dead.  Shane's decision to want to stay on the farm and dictate to the owner of said farm how he should run his show and divvy up his supplies was purely selfish; they have to stay now that Lori is pregnant or it's an almost certain death sentence for her and potentially the entire group.  The "real" tough decision would be making Lori have an abortion so they could leave which shouldn't have been a problem for Shane since he makes a lot of decisions for other people but now that the sprog might be his it has to live and they have to take over Hershel's farm to do it?  Without the baby, moving on to Fort Bennet wouldn't have been such a huge ordeal. Rick was doing the tough thing and trying to make a workable situation for everyone and, I am sure given time, he would have convinced Hershel that killing those in the barn was the best way.  Forcing his hand, even in a zombie apocalypse was not the way. Rick makes plenty of tough decisions, don't underestimate what he's had to decide so far and how much blame he's gotten (and potentially will get) for them.  Shane gets to make decisions that are harmful because most of the time no one finds out about them.  Even this one won't directly land on Shane as Hershel will see Shane as Rick's responsibility and Carol could possibly (purposely or not, sometimes you can't help what you feel) blame Rick for Sophia's death.  Had they been given time to talk to Hershel and make changes for everyone they would have discovered Sophia in the barn and the whole affair could have been dealt with in a far less traumatic way, giving Carol peace and not nightmares.  Or less nightmares, anyway.

Nope, not convinced of Shane's acting in favour of the group.  I've seen no evidence of it so far.

On another note: Carol (spoilers for comic content)
Spoiler

#177 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

im still not convinced shane is Anywhere near A good guy, especially After last night, And previous episodes...but yes i do Agree with his reasons About the barn...seeing rick help wrangle A walker After All theyve been through honestly even put me in A disappointed in him mindframe lol And its only A show...i do understand what hes trying to do, so thats A plus, but i think he needs A sliver of what shane has to survive this, without the crazy tho
i too was hoping carl would just shoot shane in the face mid rant
i dont think one bit that shane getting supplies for carl had Anything to do with him being Altruistic, i honestly believe he did it ONLY to be in loris good graces, its like hes shifted in his mentality since rick came back; before, i Almost liked him And thought he was A douche but decent, now i just think hes cracked And has gotten it into his head that lori truly loves him And wants him And if he could just make her believe it dammit (scene from the CDC) plus hes decided the baby is his end of story. its possible. i know this. but until they mention lori saying she literally had her period At Anytime AFTER rick came back, theres no way for us to know. And like she said, no matter what its ricks. she basically just used shane for solace when she thought rick was dead, im kinda leaning on her side, And even though she Annoys me, for now, i like her stance with shane
i was thinking going into this episode what the outcome would be since i missed the 9pm showing And saw so many online updates that hinted At the ending
im glad sophia is finally ended (storyline i mean, not her lol) but im still questioning if hershel And everyone did NOT know she was in there
they knew they were looking for A little girl
they know they wrangle walkers And keep em fed with chickens
they might not be inspecting every walker in the barn but...sophias not very big, you mightve noticed A child walker in the mix, especially one you didnt know or recognize, since it seems they like to keep All their neighbors And family in the barn, hershel even mentioned how the one "in overalls, dont know his name but he worked At the store" or something similar to that
i would (questionably) Assume someone noticed sophia was A stranger
which leads me to this
how fucking sadistic would they All be letting everyone search, seeing carols pain, And not mention the barn? even if they have no clue At All that sophia was in there, A small pull rick to the side whisper oh btw, maybe A quick look-see in our barn might end this sesrch
but thats just me
how heart breaking for rick to be the one to shoot sophia, especially After hes been beating himself up with guilt over her going missing...if i were carol i wouldve wanted to be the one to put sophia At rest, but maybe because im A mom myself, who knows
it was heart breaking
im glad maggie seems to have been un brainwashed, i thought it was pretty touching (wrong word possibly?) when glenn waited to join the shooting, begged maggies name, And didnt start shooting until she told him it was ok And yes go Ahead...im A sucker for zombie Apocalypse love stories

#178 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

I thought about that, too (re: Sophia in the barn) but all Hershel really wanted was for the whole lot of them to piss off and the only thing really keeping them there (as an excuse, that is) was their search for Sophia.  All Hershel had to do was present her and say "Here's your kid, now fuck off".  I really don't think he knew.  He looked just as surprised as the rest of them when she came out.  

And yes, it was very sweet of Glenn to ask Maggy's permission first. It's little things like that that really make me love this show.

#179 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

View PostTeachJoanne, on 28 November 2011 - 11:02 AM, said:

I thought about that, too (re: Sophia in the barn) but all Hershel really wanted was for the whole lot of them to piss off and the only thing really keeping them there (as an excuse, that is) was their search for Sophia.  All Hershel had to do was present her and say "Here's your kid, now fuck off".  I really don't think he knew.  He looked just as surprised as the rest of them when she came out.  

And yes, it was very sweet of Glenn to ask Maggy's permission first. It's little things like that that really make me love this show.
i Also think, hershel was forced to finally confront what he possibly has been denying this whole time, that walkers ARE dead they ARE dangerous, once they came out the barn, hell prolly when shane in his ranting shot them in the leg heart etc, he had to literally confront his own way of thinking with the physical proof right before him, makes for good psychological studies
hershel may not have known personally sophia was in the barn, but someone may have suspected or something, esp the ones feeding them chickens
hershel Also didnt TELL them About the barn the whole time they were there, most likely Assuming they wouldnt understand his way of thinking, in keeping that secrfet im gonna reach out on A limb And say possibly because he knew deep down it was wrong And he didnt want to have to face what eventually happened when shane broke the barn doors
Again, more psychological goodies;)
Also, completely random, maybe it was just me, but did Anyone else think for A second that daryl was gonna kiss carol?
As for the comic spoiler though :D
Spoiler

#180 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

Just watching The Talking Dead right now and Robert Kirkman (comic writer and executive producer of the show) has just explained why Hershel didn't just tell them Sophia was in the barn and ... I was right! Otis did all the wrangling and he was the only one who could have tipped them off that there was a little girl in the barn.  So (and here's the kicker, Robert said it himself) it's Shane's damn fault they didn't know where Sophia was.  LOLOLOL

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users