#121 arwen_kivlis

arwen_kivlis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:02 AM

i have an important question biggrin.gif
How have Enter Shikari been so far on this tour? im almost as excited to see them as i am 30 biggrin.gif

#122 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

I think I'm having a nervous breakdance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:33 AM

I don't really like them but thought the second half of their gig was better than the first.  Maybe they had to get warmed up?  The first band they had on were definitely not my taste.

#123 Oooodz

Oooodz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

I gotta say, I was really dissappointed with the gig on Saturday at Newcastle. Firstly, the support was poor, Funeral Party were ok but Enter Shikari? really? I didn't realise I was going to see Scooter. The first 20 minutes was brilliant. Jared came on, had the crowd in the palm of his hand.

But after that initial 20 minutes it went stale and extremely disinteresting. The music died away, and there was too much talking! Like a blummin panto! After every song trying to stir up a crowd that only wanted a gig. Then it was embarrassing "Tonight guys we're gonna change the rules its ok to crowd surf" and "Come on start moshing!" Its a sad day when a band has to beg their fans to mosh. These things generally happen because they aren't allowed) It seemed that towards the end Jared had given up on singing most of the songs and asked a majority of a mute crowd to sing.

It sorta fizzled out. I was fuming. The set list. Everything was wrong. The place was half empty after Closer to the Edge finished.

It was a big shame, they're untouchable on the CD... I just don't think I can enjoy them as much anymore.

#124 Jenni6277

Jenni6277

also known as Gadina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:42 PM

SIASL

Aww. Jared messed up the lyrics. He really should sing this more often. wink.gif

#125 SarahKay

SarahKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Oooodz @ Nov 29 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I gotta say, I was really dissappointed with the gig on Saturday at Newcastle. Firstly, the support was poor, Funeral Party were ok but Enter Shikari? really? I didn't realise I was going to see Scooter. The first 20 minutes was brilliant. Jared came on, had the crowd in the palm of his hand.

But after that initial 20 minutes it went stale and extremely disinteresting. The music died away, and there was too much talking! Like a blummin panto! After every song trying to stir up a crowd that only wanted a gig. Then it was embarrassing "Tonight guys we're gonna change the rules its ok to crowd surf" and "Come on start moshing!" Its a sad day when a band has to beg their fans to mosh. These things generally happen because they aren't allowed) It seemed that towards the end Jared had given up on singing most of the songs and asked a majority of a mute crowd to sing.

It sorta fizzled out. I was fuming. The set list. Everything was wrong. The place was half empty after Closer to the Edge finished.

It was a big shame, they're untouchable on the CD... I just don't think I can enjoy them as much anymore.

Oh wow. So the shows "seem" to be unenjoyable in Europe now too?  blink.gif

#126 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (onemagicmummy @ Nov 29 2010, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I DID biggrin.gif  i love my MARS Undies biggrin.gif

i also got a duct tape Hoodie too.

I can haz pix of new merch?  ohmy.gif

#127 onemagicmummy

onemagicmummy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Mistressred @ Nov 30 2010, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can haz pix of new merch?  ohmy.gif

NO im not wearing them when i took the pics.
Undies front
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k85/onem...wNjkxLmpwZw.jpg

Undies back
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k85/onem...wNjkwLmpwZw.jpg

Duct tape hoodie
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k85/onem...wNjkyLmpwZw.jpg

Kiz

#128 xechelonashx

xechelonashx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Oooodz @ Nov 29 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im gutted to say this but i completely agree, this was the 10th time ive seen them and the first time id managed to get right to the front and it was just so different to the gigs ive been to before! didnt like the support bands enter shikari probably wouldhave been alright if i hant have been jumped throughout the whole thing by some of their fans!

i found jared kept repeating himself and never once came down to the crowd or even really engaged with them...im seeing them tomorrow and saturday im worried about what to expect...come on boys you can do so much better!!! :/

#129 fallenxmarsxgirl

fallenxmarsxgirl

DONT FEED THE PIGEONS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Gadina @ Nov 29 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SIASL

Aww. Jared messed up the lyrics. He really should sing this more often. wink.gif

Pretty sure he's messed it up every time live. I didn't really even care though. Even mixed moshed SIASL is win laugh.gif

#130 xechelonashx

xechelonashx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (xechelonashx @ Nov 30 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im gutted to say this but i completely agree, this was the 10th time ive seen them and the first time id managed to get right to the front and it was just so different to the gigs ive been to before! didnt like the support bands enter shikari probably wouldhave been alright if i hant have been jumped throughout the whole thing by some of their fans!

i found jared kept repeating himself and never once came down to the crowd or even really engaged with them...im seeing them tomorrow and saturday im worried about what to expect...come on boys you can do so much better!!! :/

i take it all back i know now that he wasnt well and i feel awful for dissing the band! was at birmingham last night (had my golden ticket experience) and they were just fantastic! jared was well and truly back on form! biggrin.gif:D

#131 Oooodz

Oooodz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

I don't think it was neccesarily him being ill or losing his voice (from over-doing it on a night before a massive gig) I think it was more than that.

Maybe another 2 more albums before they should consider doing an arena again...

#132 Ymagier

Ymagier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:53 AM

The interactive crowd thing is getting a bigger and bigger part of their shows. It's really good the first time you see it, but the novelty does wear off. It's probably not the best way to retain fans longer term, if that's what they want to do.

#133 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

Well this was the 3rd show I saw of the Hurricane tour and although it took ages to warm up ( queued from 9am) I thought Mars were awesome! :-D we were at the barrier in front of Shannon and the crowd were insane! I loved the new Triad we had and we went absolutely nuts when Night Of The Hunter came on!! And to follow that with Stranger In A Strange Land made my night for sure! I love the fact that they changed up the setlist cos it really freshened the tour up for m since I had been to the first 2 shows ;-) me and my friends even got picked to go on stage which was pretty hard work considering we had to help my friend Chloe over cos she had a broken arm lol all in all a fab gig even though we absolutely froze before and after <3

#134 fanjennitastic

fanjennitastic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

I was here and despite being ill i loved it, adrenalin kept me going...
Doing Stranger In A Strange Land made it for me too..Was pretty epic...
xoxo

#135 rachaelclaire <3

rachaelclaire <3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:37 AM

Regardless of Jared acting different to usual I still thought they were amazing, we lined up outside for 15 hours in the snow and it was worth it! Got on barrier and up on stage for Kings and Queens. However they did a lot better at their Leeds Festival show this weekend as they got so much more involved with the fans :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users