164 replies to this topic

#141 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

We never used to....we used to win many more awards when we were only on this site, and encouraged here by the actual band.

#142 SurrenderTonight

SurrenderTonight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

we would have done a shit load better against paramore if The Hive had actually RT'd the links a few times...oh wait its only semi precious weapons that are worthy of a RT nowadays

#143 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostMistressred, on 28 March 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

We never used to....we used to win many more awards when we were only on this site, and encouraged here by the actual band.

That's because more people actually cared about this band back then.

#144 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

How can they have many more fans now, then from five years ago, but win less awards? Does too many types of media to follow, just spread the fans too thin?
Shitty deal, never lasted three rounds...

#145 Jibril

Jibril

A lying heroīs perfect fake.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

This proofs: If the band is having a break, the fans are having a break too. Forums (and not only this one) are dead. All the millions of "true" fan(girl)s donīt care about this band without new tour or new music. Sad, but it seems to be true.  <_<

#146 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Plus unless there is a contest for a  RT tweet or RT follow, or something, nobody wants to vote. It is so dead on here, eesssh.

#147 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostSurrenderTonight, on 30 March 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

we would have done a shit load better against paramore if The Hive had actually RT'd the links a few times...oh wait its only semi precious weapons that are worthy of a RT nowadays

During the final day of the voting round, I sent a tweet to The Hive, pretty much simply saying that all the badgering and pestering for people to vote for Semi-Precious Weapons was becoming pointless, since they were losing rather badly against Coheed & Cambria, and that since it was evident that Semi-Precious Weapons were going to lose that round, unless some sort of miraculous Criss Angel mindfreak trick were to be pulled, that it would be quite worthwhile to at least give some acknowledgement for people to also vote for Thirty Seconds to Mars, since it was nearly dead even against Paramore, and that Mars actually stood a decent chance at moving on to the following round.

One theory I had as to why Thirty Seconds to Mars unfortunately did not win the round against Paramore, is the consequences of time zones. All throughout the morning hours in America, when it would have been afternoon and evening across the pond in Europe, Mars was actually winning by quite a few percent against Paramore. However, once it hit afternoon in the United States, and the European peeps started to hit the snooze, our percentage started to rapidly drop, and it was near impossible for us to recover without the massive voting assistance from the Europeans. Additionally, since the poll for the round closed at twelve o'clock AM Eastern time, which would have been four o'clock AM in London and very early morning in the remainder of Europe, nobody would have been motivated to get out of their sleep at that hour to vote for Mars in Musical March Madness... so in conclusion, yes, I believe I made my point, that a good justification as to why we lost was because Europe was asleep during those final, critical hours of voting, and there was simply not enough pull in the other parts of the world for people to vote.

#148 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostCoco Converse, on 31 March 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

One theory I had as to why Thirty Seconds to Mars unfortunately did not win the round against Paramore, is the consequences of time zones. All throughout the morning hours in America, when it would have been afternoon and evening across the pond in Europe, Mars was actually winning by quite a few percent against Paramore. However, once it hit afternoon in the United States, and the European peeps started to hit the snooze, our percentage started to rapidly drop, and it was near impossible for us to recover without the massive voting assistance from the Europeans. Additionally, since the poll for the round closed at twelve o'clock AM Eastern time, which would have been four o'clock AM in London and very early morning in the remainder of Europe, nobody would have been motivated to get out of their sleep at that hour to vote for Mars in Musical March Madness... so in conclusion, yes, I believe I made my point, that a good justification as to why we lost was because Europe was asleep during those final, critical hours of voting, and there was simply not enough pull in the other parts of the world for people to vote.

Your argument is valid,it is true that Europe has pull in their time frame, but again, we have done this before and done far better, was the time frame different? In this regard is it fixed as to who the winner is depending on when a close race ends, or the number of European fans??

#149 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Mabye next time :huh:

#150 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostCoco Converse, on 31 March 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

During the final day of the voting round, I sent a tweet to The Hive, pretty much simply saying that all the badgering and pestering for people to vote for Semi-Precious Weapons was becoming pointless, since they were losing rather badly against Coheed & Cambria, and that since it was evident that Semi-Precious Weapons were going to lose that round, unless some sort of miraculous Criss Angel mindfreak trick were to be pulled, that it would be quite worthwhile to at least give some acknowledgement for people to also vote for Thirty Seconds to Mars, since it was nearly dead even against Paramore, and that Mars actually stood a decent chance at moving on to the following round.

That's true, 30STM is bigger in Europe than America, bigger than Paramore in Europe anyway. Paramore is huge in America.

#151 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

Since it is now the final round in Musical March Madness, my one-hundred percent support and all my votes are being cast towards Green Day... they are against the worst band in the world, if anyone has ever heard of Tokio Hotel?

What is rather juicy, and is a hot topic in the Green Day and Evanescence (whom lost against Tokio Hotel in the last round) fan communities, is this particular YouTube video, in which a Russian fan of Evanescence went onto the official Russian Tokio Hotel forum and caught them blatantly admitting and encouraging cheating by using a program called imacros... which is the major explanation as to how Tokio Hotel has been winning by unexplainable percentage margins in all of the rounds in March Madness.

One more interesting tidbit to add, coming from Twitter...
Posted Image

Ahh yes, and vote for Green Day here, if you have some spare moments to spare today. :) MTV recently removed the visible percentages, to apparently build up suspense or whatever.
http://www.mtv.com/c...nal_match.jhtml

#152 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

I've been voting for Green Day regardless because I like them and they're a proper band that deserve respect but how the fuck did tokio hotel make it to the final? How the fuck did Evanescene beat Linkin Park? Linkin Park has the biggest fanbase in the world, I think it was fixed. why the fuck are KESHA, GYM CLASS HEROES, FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE, SKRILLEX, LANA DEL RAY, JAMES DURBIN etc on this? None of these are rock bands, they even had Kesha over Avril Lavigne lmao. Even new Avril is far more rock than Kesha will ever be. Also why is this still going when we're in April, shouldn't it have finished in March?

My rant is over.

#153 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Any fan can find programs to vote for you, sites can be blocked, and you can be voting and taking a shower. Since all have some fans that can do it, that evens the playing field, but I heard/read of a program where ones votes went to another's vote count. So say I vote 100 times for 30STM, my votes went to Paramore, and I never knew. If that is possible then all this voting is useless. People were talking about it and trying to prove it to MTV etc.

PS This place is so dead, I feel like there are ten fans of Mars, and why is the band not coming on here to encourage voting like they used to... and posting, and going to answer stuff in Purgatory. If there is some other site where everone is hanging out let me know. Twitter is only for one liners right? there is no forum??
We as a fan base are so scattered over so many places, there is no getting to know your fellow fan anymore.

#154 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostMistressred, on 02 April 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

Any fan can find programs to vote for you, sites can be blocked, and you can be voting and taking a shower. Since all have some fans that can do it, that evens the playing field, but I heard/read of a program where ones votes went to another's vote count. So say I vote 100 times for 30STM, my votes went to Paramore, and I never knew. If that is possible then all this voting is useless. People were talking about it and trying to prove it to MTV etc.

PS This place is so dead, I feel like there are ten fans of Mars, and why is the band not coming on here to encourage voting like they used to... and posting, and going to answer stuff in Purgatory. If there is some other site where everone is hanging out let me know. Twitter is only for one liners right? there is no forum??
We as a fan base are so scattered over so many places, there is no getting to know your fellow fan anymore.

Because they're on hiatus or they don't give a fuck anymore?

#155 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

True story.
That is why we used to not lose [mostly].

We bonded here. We hung out together online, kept ourselves occupied with various things without any band interaction, and one of those things was voting. Half the time we were on a particular award for a couple of weeks before Mars sent out the first myspace bulletin.  

We did it cause it was something fun we did together. We didn't aim to "win" anything for ourselves personally, except to say "Hot damn! WE did that. We rock!" We did it for the silly. The new people were taught that voting should be done to win a re-tweet or an electronic prize and they had to spend time taking screen shots to mail in to prove they were voting. Without a prize in front of their face, why would the new masses bother voting now? It earns them nothing.

Back in the day, we had nothing to prove other than we had the best time and got a shiny award that was awarded to a certain band... but we knew it was really ours. That was back when we were a close knit group here, in command central. When things spread out into social media, much was won, but much was lost.

On the topic of The Hive not tweeting to vote Mars during the MTV March Madness poll - gorilla marketing is their game and it is their job now to promote Semi-Precious Weapons. As a [presumably] paying client of The Hive, Semi-Precious Weapons gets the voting tweets. Mars has no new album dropping, no supporting tour. SPW has a new album dropping this spring [I think. I just googled it] and laid out good money [presumably] to The Hive for help in marketing them and their new cd. So, in all good faith, The Hive couldn't set SPW aside cause they were losing and begin tweeting for Mars in a close race when, in theory, Mars is not currently an active client while SPW is the one paying the bills.

And that leads me to wonder, how will SPW and future clients react if they do not get the same results that Mars used to, both before and after The Hive. Because not all fan bases are created equal; no amount of internet marketing will ever change that.

Mister, we ARE the wierdos

#156 SurrenderTonight

SurrenderTonight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

I most definately agree with the time zone point, but would it have killed The Hive to have spared one RT for the guys. As i said on twitter (and i know im going to be unpopular..or more unpopular than i already am) but i know SWP are clients of The Hive but i'm sick of their tweets for them, i feel like The hive are trying to get the echelon onboard on the SWP fanbase and i personally do not like them, i wish The Hive would just pack the promo of them in. People who did the Vyrt stream never even saw SWP live anyway. I feel The Hive are promoting a lost cause as people don't give a furry rats ass about them.
If MMM had gotten more attention we may well have progessed into the next round. It was do-able.
Here's another question, what would have happened if SWP and Mars had been put against each other? what would The Hive have done then

#157 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Absolutely true, and I honestly wish that fans would come onto this forum to keep it active, and have this be the primary fan headquarters... but pretty much, all the fans are scattered and secluded to other social networks, such as Twitter, Tumblr, and private Facebook groups/pages. Within one, giant fandom, there is evidently hundreds of sub-groups scattered throughout the internet, most of which sadly do not venture outside of their group and communicating with others... it can even get get quite competitive and catty, at times.

Taking a look at other fan communities interconnected with forums (such as Incubus HQ, Green Day Community, Paramore Community, Linkin Park Community), in comparison to Thirty Seconds to Mars's little forumsunlimited board... in all sincerity, ours is pretty super bland and boring looking. It is simply a basic message board- nothing more, nothing less. Truly, I believe that our fandom is worthy of an actual, official community website, where we create our own profile, have our own individual blogs and galleries, upload videos from concerts we've attended, add music to our profile, chatrooms within the site, etc. Contemplating that if the Thirty Seconds to Mars fandom had an official online community, mini social networking like site, it would be very appealing and attractive for all the fans to join and get together at.

View PostSurrenderTonight, on 02 April 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Here's another question, what would have happened if SWP and Mars had been put against each other? what would The Hive have done then

Wow... well, I can honestly envision that The Hive would have given all of their push and support in favor of Semi-Precious Weapons, if that were to happen. :( Viewing The Hive section here on this forum, it is rather sad to see what the original intention of The Hive was, as quoted in the 'more information' pinned topic, that The Hive is a MARS project; the first order of business The Hive asks of you is to begin to identify ECHELON leaders; and more. That section of the forum, since those old itineraries and information of The Hive are obviously outdated and not relevant anymore, could be worthwhile to be deleted... unless one were to go talk and discuss Semi-Precious Weapons in that section of this very forum.

Oh, and one comment in regards to how dead this forum is... on the bottom of the main page, check out Today's Top 20 Posters... not even twenty people make one post per day. I only see nine people.

#158 Fedra

Fedra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

I saw SPW once, they were the pre-show (or whatever you call it) of a concert i went to.
Honestly i don't like them at all, it's just a lot of sreaming without anny meaning to it.
I don't get why the Hive is trying so hard to promote them cause they're not even close to Mars.

#159 Jibril

Jibril

A lying heroīs perfect fake.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

About this dead place: I thought maybe there are more people like me. Iīm lurking every day, but Iīm not a big talker so I only post if I have something to say. But like Coco already said, the bottom of the main page says it all. The number of the people online is depressing.  :(

To be honest, I donīt care about the Hive or SPW.

#160 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostSurrenderTonight, on 02 April 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

but i know SWP are clients of The Hive but i'm sick of their tweets for them, i feel like The hive are trying to get the echelon onboard on the SWP fanbase and i personally do not like them,

i wish The Hive would just pack the promo of them in.
I feel The Hive are promoting a lost cause as people don't give a furry rats ass about them.
Yes, it would appear so, except...I used to think The Hive was going to "harness" the fanbase [new echelon] for future clients but I believe I was incorrect, seeing how The Hive unfollowed all the Mars type they had followed back and then wiped out any mention of the band in the twitter account description.

They can't pack in the promo, regardless of what any Mars fans may think of them. SWP is a CLIENT of The Hive. How would you feel if you paid money to a company for a product or service and then the company said "oh sorry, we don't feel like delivering the goods because some of our old customers don't care for you that much." That wouldn't be nice.

View PostCoco Converse, on 02 April 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

Truly, I believe that our fandom is worthy of an actual, official community website, where we create our own profile, have our own individual blogs and galleries, upload videos from concerts we've attended, add music to our profile, chatrooms within the site, etc. Contemplating that if the Thirty Seconds to Mars fandom had an official online community, mini social networking like site, it would be very appealing and attractive for all the fans to join and get together at.

it is rather sad to see what the original intention of The Hive was, as quoted in the 'more information' pinned topic, that The Hive is a MARS project; the first order of business The Hive asks of you is to begin to identify ECHELON leaders; and more. That section of the forum, since those old itineraries and information of The Hive are obviously outdated and not relevant anymore, could be worthwhile to be deleted...
But Coco, we HAD what you described. We were official, pretty much, shared videos and music files, chatted in almost real time, "blogged" within threads. We managed all that with a plain old message board and our imagination. There were some good discussions and projects we did ourselves... Some of us got real tight. I made real friends. It was years ago tho'. It's just a matter of times changing and all that.

Delete The Hive section? No, please no. Leave it be. :(
I hate when things go *poof*. It's like re-writing history. The formation of The Hive aka Bee Keeping: The Early Years, is part of our history. It happened. Right here.

View PostFedra, on 03 April 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

I don't get why the Hive is trying so hard to promote them cause they're not even close to Mars.
Because they were HIRED to promote them. The Hive works for Semi-Precious Weapons. SPW is a client.
The Hive clients
The Hive is a social media management and digital marketing company.
We are a group of friendly lunatics who focus on creative community building, quality content propagation, developing and improving online presence, and encouraging a deeper and more meaningful conversation that helps to build an authentic voice for our clients in the digital space.

View PostJibril, on 03 April 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

The number of the people online is depressing.  :(
Yes, well, at least there still are some people about.
The old girl could still have some life in her yet. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users