1384 replies to this topic

#21 ElaineBetteridge

ElaineBetteridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:06 PM

oh wow so they're actually doing it then!? I was beginning to give up hope!

#22 RedRaven

RedRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:42 PM

I'm guessing no one has received emails, since no one has posted anything of the sort. However, the rules say in little tiny print that an official list of qualifying entries was supposed to be posted on November 25th at 30's main site. This has also not happened. Grr.

It's all fine & dandy if they're making it a surprise, but I'd like to know how the heck people who make the covers are supposed to get a copy of their own if one doesn't happen to end up in their local stores. Seems kind of goofy to have to do the trading website thing to get your own. Wish they'd put out some information!

Don't guess anyone knows anything new?

RR

#23 mabo

mabo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,426 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:36 AM

ellen. the same photo is used on the website of one of germany's biggest music stores as well. I have no clue who it is and it being used in various countries doesn't provide any hint on the girls nationality, meaning where this cover will be available. I was personally really disappointed up on seeing it and mistook it as another joke-fan-cover. the quality seems outstandingly poor to me, hopefully it's just the resolution, but that wouldn't explain the odd cropping.

only thing we have been told concerning the covers by EMI is that the album will feature a reversible sleeve, so that even the 'faces of mars' covers will feature the tiger on it's back or something of that sort.

#24 Silent Civilian

Silent Civilian

"Ellen from the Netherlands"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (mabo @ Dec 1 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ellen. the same photo is used on the website of one of germany's biggest music stores as well. I have no clue who it is and it being used in various countries doesn't provide any hint on the girls nationality, meaning where this cover will be available. I was personally really disappointed up on seeing it and mistook it as another joke-fan-cover. the quality seems outstandingly poor to me, hopefully it's just the resolution, but that wouldn't explain the odd cropping.

only thing we have been told concerning the covers by EMI is that the album will feature a reversible sleeve, so that even the 'faces of mars' covers will feature the tiger on it's back or something of that sort.

thanks for the last bit of information, didn't know that yet smile.gif

This photo doesn't even fully meet the specifications...  bad lightning, she doesn't look straight into the camera, no 'clean' background and it is oddly cropped indeed. Why were we given specifications if this is the result we get? Curious what I will find in the stores this Friday...

#25 mabo

mabo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,426 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (Silent Civilian @ Dec 1 2009, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This photo doesn't even fully meet the specifications...  bad lightning, she doesn't look straight into the camera, no 'clean' background and it is oddly cropped indeed. Why were we given specifications if this is the result we get? Curious what I will find in the stores this Friday...

we had a little phone conference with EMI back then about the faces of mars idea when it was announced by the band. all our promo materials (flyer, sticker, posters) were/are focusing on the recognizable image of the tiger (or alternatively the triangle), which would have left customers confused should they only find cds with random faces on it, instead of the tiger cover they would be expecting. I'm glad they seem to have found a way to combine both the fan-involvement idea and go with a more branding visual for the album with this inlay cover.

ditto, I'm surprised and not in a positive way. let's wait and see how this plays out.

#26 _niņa_

_niņa_

fabulously PINAY ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:31 AM

the triangle will be good... i'd like that.  anyway, whatever the sleeve is, as long as the CD is in it, it'll be all good. tongue.gif

#27 muldutch

muldutch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:03 AM

I would love a cover with the triangle... don't like the tiger and don't want a face.

#28 Miss_Angel

Miss_Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (mabo @ Dec 1 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Silent Civilian @ Dec 1 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do the same thought wink.gif

anyway, I've got my own cover laugh.gif

if I don't find a tiger or triangle cover into my stores, I'll put this on a random face laugh.gif

#29 priya

priya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Miss_Angel @ Dec 2 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if I don't find a tiger or triangle cover into my stores, I'll put this on a random face laugh.gif

soooooooooo cute!  wub.gif  tongue.gif

#30 Ananita

Ananita

Does this count as annoying?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

more covers I've found on Twitter... Anybody recognizes familiar faces?

#31 Innocence lost

Innocence lost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:07 PM

Hmmm...so I guess people will just have to search for their cover? Kinda like "Where's Waldo" but less fun.  tongue.gif

#32 brittini

brittini

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:19 PM

I wish they would post everyones photos they used someplace just so we all know. XD

#33 Nossing

Nossing

Some people need a reality check

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Innocence lost @ Dec 3 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm...so I guess people will just have to search for their cover? Kinda like "Where's Waldo" but less fun.  tongue.gif

laugh.gif Or "Dude where is my face?"

#34 Jstreetstar

Jstreetstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

lmao

I'm sorry but I think the covers look horrible.
Was I the only person who thought that they were going to do something with the pictures when sent in? Not just throw it on the cover and say fuck it.

PS I didn't like the tiger either. I would've went with the triangle (or the baby tiger. smile.gif )

#35 RedRaven

RedRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Jstreetstar @ Dec 3 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lmao

I'm sorry but I think the covers look horrible.
Was I the only person who thought that they were going to do something with the pictures when sent in? Not just throw it on the cover and say fuck it.

PS I didn't like the tiger either. I would've went with the triangle (or the baby tiger. smile.gif )

I don't mind it being just the plain faces, but I'm kind of annoyed with the whole title-across-the-eyes thing. I think without the eyes you don't really get much feel for a person. And if should I make it they'll be blocking out my best feature! *grin* Ah well.

Think I'd have preferred the triangle too. I'm sure they have some reason for the tiger, but I personally don't really get it. *shrug*

I still want to see the darn list & hear about how to find particular covers. I live in a smaller city - only have a handful of record stores to search. Going to be highly annoyed if people who make the covers then have to do all sorts of trading around on the supposed trading website just to get their own. And since the album is out in a few days & there are supposedly only 1000 copies of each face... it's really about time they give us some more info!

RR

#36 Milady Rhiannon

Milady Rhiannon

Oh, really?!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Miss_Angel @ Dec 2 2009, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your cover/avatar is so freakin' cute!  Makes me smile everytime I see it!  biggrin.gif

#37 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:23 PM

I find it a pity that they are covering up the eyes of the people. That kind of makes them look like criminals. The titlebar over the nose, it would have looked more like "warpaint". Dissapointed too, thought they'd do some fotoshopping and combine the pics with another image/artwork perhaps or something.

#38 Lily_17

Lily_17

Lilybelle Lufflecakes...is ridiculously Canadian.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

Yeah, I was selfishly hoping they wouldn't put it over our eyes.  sad.gif  On another note, I'm annoyed/am confused/feel bad since clearly they were accepting smiling photos.

Honestly, make that shit clear, guys.  Some people smiled and sent in and then they said 'neutral preferred' and people worried about it, some of us didn't smile because we weren't sure and wanted to...bah.

Oh well.  That's more of a vanity thing than anything.  wink.gif  Can't wait till Tuesday to find out if my sister and I made it.

#39 axm9237

axm9237

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Lily_17 @ Dec 3 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, make that shit clear, guys.  Some people smiled and sent in and then they said 'neutral preferred' and people worried about it, some of us didn't smile because we weren't sure and wanted to...bah.

And some people smiled because their friends told them to. dry.gif wink.gif

I won't be able to get the album until Wednesday, when I can stop at Best Buy after work.

#40 Mars-Mayo

Mars-Mayo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:00 AM

Patrik from the dutch boards has Kat von D on his cover
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijken/2152513.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users