Ways to Get The Word Out:

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#281 Guest_Quayzon_*

Guest_Quayzon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

Has "tell them to turn on MTV" been suggested yet?

#282 lostwarrior

lostwarrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:28 AM

blink.gif  dry.gif you could put your signs on jets or you could put the this is war on one of those huge TV's  in New york.
or you could put a add on vh1. or not.  sad.gif  mellow.gif   wink.gif  sad.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif  sad.gif

#283 AceFace

AceFace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

Harassing friends with permanent facebook videos works well. smile.gif

#284 Salisobres

Salisobres

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:09 AM

Women should go shirtless, with the glyphs painted on their breasts. Stirs attention, curiosity, and promotion. Kill three birds with two tits.

#285 JoshThomsen

JoshThomsen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

Hey everyone, my name is Josh Thomsen. I'm an 18 year old filmmaker and have been an avid fan of 30 seconds to mars for 6 years now. The bands music, their vision, their films, and the Echelon have gotten me through more than a few tough times in my life and I feel that it's time I try to give back. I've been taking film classes for 4 years now and have completed several projects that I'm proud to have my name in the credits of. I've thought long and hard on what I'd like to do and I believe that since I (obviously) cannot utilize the band members, that I'd center it on 4th member of 30 seconds to mars, the echelon. A song that has so far been untouched by Bartholomeu Cubbin's extraordinary films that I think would be perfect for my idea, would be A Call to Arms, or Vox Populi. Now it took me awhile to think of a suitable idea for a short film with that song while attempting to stay in Cubbin's general vision or style of films, so far (excluding Closer to the Edge) taking place in a city at night (kings and queens/Hurricane), being a group of individuals apart from "normal" society, bringing the echelon into the films, and achieving a feeling of being apart of something great and powerful (the echelon). I've always loved the idea's in the forum such as the DIY promo's, the glyph and triad missions, spreading the word in odd, exciting, and unique ways, etc. So I've been working with some people on some ideas and the one I think really stood out to me was the idea of opening on a member of the echelon, on a cliff overlooking a city (location already scouted), sending a mass text message of the words "PROVEHITO IN ALTUM". Now without revealing the whole video, (as many members as I can get) receive the text and begin forwarding the message if you will in different forms (I.E. slapping stickers, hanging up banners, putting bumber stickers and window clings on their cars) while they "answer the call of the echelon" (video will make that clear). Video closes on several hundred echelon members end up at the cliff and stand alongside the one who started it by sending the text. as they look out upon the city they've changed, fireworks (digitally included) will match with the finale of the song "this is our call to arms, we are the knights" and then credits roll.

Let me add that I will make absolutely zero profit from this film as it is strictly a tribute, and a promo to get the word out. I nor my team, have any connection to any of the band members or their representatives, we are just members of the echelon who want to put our talents to use. If the band, their representatives, etc. like our film then hopefully we can get it out there on the website, and if we get approval we can get it out to film festivals around the world so all will know of 30stm. Now that you understand the project, here's what I would be extremely grateful to receive from all of you:

1: Video Footage of you *Stomp, Stomp, Clap* you can do it anywhere, on a bus, in a car, while walking down the street, in church, get creative! (if you have the time, It would be awesome to also some footage of *Stomp, Stomp, Clap* while you have a phone in your hand)

2: Video Footage of you traveling in some way (car, bus, bike, running, train, etc.) with or without friends in any direction, it doesn't matter, anything will do!

3: Video Footage of you applying 30stm stickers, using stencils, shots of bumber stickers on cars, window clings, etc. basically footage of echelon members spreading the word in unique and crazy ways. again get creative!

4: Video Footage of pretty much anything echelon, if it's creative and promotes 30stm/the echelon i'm sure we can find a spot for it!

Criteria for footage:
-The most Ideal resolution would be 720p but we can make anything work.
-The most Ideal file format would be either quicktime, avi, or other common file types but there are few file types that our software won't recognize.
-Now to fit the story, and our footage, it would be extremely beneficial to the film if the footage were shot at night in a citylike environment (lighting similar to kings and queens/hurricane) but we can add filters and work with it if its creative enough!
-When you send me the footage, include your name (it can be a screen name) and a short phrase/shoutout/or motto preferably related to 30stm and i'll get you and whatever you wrote in the credits!

I'll add more if necessary soon, we will begin filming everything else once we receive some notification of your response and if you're up to it. We are prepared to do it all ourselves with extras but it would be so much more exciting and authentic to Cubbin's vision of we could include the echelon! (not just us).

YOU CAN SEND THE FOOTAGE OR JUST CONTACT ME AT ForbiddenPandaFilms@gmail.com

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

We believe in the power of the echelon!

#286 Flower Power

Flower Power

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

I suggest internet, GetGlue to be more precise, it's a website were people like, comment and check-in into a lot of stuff, but mostly music, movies, tv shows and books. they get stickers too for all that, for free; and if requested they could get the stickers at home, also for free. some 30 seconds to Mars stickers would be awesome and you know how it works, wherever there's something for free, a lot of people will come to get. and they will eventually say, in case they don't know yet (which is crazY IMO), "hey! this band has so many reviews and check-ins and likes, why don't I check it out?" biggrin.gif

#287 -Untouchable-

-Untouchable-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:01 AM

So far I've been using the traditional way, aka telling friends and making them listen to some of their songs. : )

I've gotten about 5 people really addicted to them, and in turn, they got some of their friends addicted to them as well. And it goes on, cause my friend's friends are telling other people as well. XD Honestly, I think this is the more effective way.

I'm not being annoying about them, as in, going around to people "OMG there's this AWESOME band 30STM and their lead singer is like a total HOTTIE and you should LISTEN to them!!! OMG they're just so amazing!!! I'm so OBSESSED!!!"

For me, it's more like "Hey you know what? My favourite band is 30seconds to mars. I think they're worth more attention than they're already getting. I think they suit your musical taste, so give them a try won't you?" And my phone's ringtone is always a Mars song (currently Search and Destroy), so friends and people I'm around tend to ask me what's the song, and I tell them, and they seem interested, so yeah. : )

I also do post a lot of their videos/status that are related to them/links on facebook, so that's another way. : ) I've also put up some of the promoting posters around town. ;)

#288 ArgosIsMyLover

ArgosIsMyLover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

View PostSalisobres, on 03 December 2010 - 01:09 AM, said:

<!--coloro:#808080--><span style="color:#808080"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><b>Women should go shirtless, with the glyphs painted on their breasts. Stirs attention, curiosity, and promotion. Kill three birds with two tits.</b><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
That is a fantastic Idea! Sure I'll paint a few glyphs on my tits, strut around showing off my Mars-ified boobies! When do we start?! Oh, small addition to that Salisobres, the men will have to walk around pantless with their dongs painted as red arrows..

OR here's another idea... or two...

-- What about getting groups of people the very same day, all around the world in different countries, different cities, handing out Flyers. You could ask someone "Are YOU Bound for Mars?", most people will probably look at you stupidly or confused, then hand them the poster/flyer of 30STM. Maybe put a link on there that will bring that person to a site where they'll be able to hear a few Mars song snip-its?
It'd be pretty cool to do like a flash mob dance type deal the very same day all over the world but that would take much effort to get all figured out.. And plus there are no dances to any songs that I know of..

OR

Could just get a huge mob of people, for me preferrable on the same day (I think it'd make more of an impact, groups of people doing the same thing on the same day all around the world), wearing Hurricane costumes/clothes and handing out flyers.. posting them up everywhere, sticking stickers on things or handing them out..

We've got to go far beyond telling our 5 friends who may or may not tell 5 other friends who they may or may not tell another 5 friends. You want the world to know about 30STM? Something huge has got to go down and it's got to be something out of the ordinary, think outside the box.

I mean really the internet isn't going to do much these days, everything is on the internet already. I think that more things need to be done the old fashion way promoting for the band. You'd make a better impression that way as opposed to posting more stuff on the internet that is probably already there.
That's just my 2 cents..

#289 ILLari

ILLari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:20 AM

I liked this ideas!!!

#290 Flower Power

Flower Power

• Members
  • PipPip