7 replies to this topic

#1 sxcbyatchnmbr1

sxcbyatchnmbr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:24 AM

And it completely blew my mind... I am sure you are aware of both of Jonsi's side projects (riceboy sleeps and Jonsi's solo in march) and I have been going to his site to check out their recording videos... and comparing to the ones you guys posted of the This Is War album... the way you use other sounds into your music completely blows my mind... such as the monks or even sounds that are naturally made everyday that no one pays attention to because it is just there...

Anyways the point of this topic was to express that I absolutely LOVE this album... I think that it is different from the other two and I like the way that it is different. I am sure it will take alot of the fans to get used to the new songs but from the moment I heard it.. I absolutely loved it and I did see Sigur Ros's influence in some songs, but of course with the 30 seconds to mars twist... and I am very happy that this came out. Two years without any music from you guys was a long time, but the wait definitely paid off...  biggrin.gif

#2 boovya

boovya

hrmm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,274 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:31 AM

who are you talking to?

#3 Acinonyx

Acinonyx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:29 PM

What's Sigur Ros?

#4 Kelissima

Kelissima

Flibberty-jibbet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,799 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Acinonyx @ Dec 17 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's Sigur Ros?

They're an Icelandic band (very trippy, worth checking out). They have a thread around here somewhere... probably in Circus Maximus.

#5 Dai

Dai

ROGUE HAMMER!?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

yeah, i think there's a thread hanging around somewhere. if you're up for ambient music without needing to know what they're saying, check them out. ( )/untitled and takk.. are great albums and the band is ridiculous live. tremendous sound.

#6 Proxen

Proxen

Resident Metalhead ...er...Philosopher (VIP)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:39 PM

When I saw you say Takk I thought you meant Taake for a second.  I was like "zOMG Dai listens to br00tal black metalz?!  SO HOT!"  But.. then I realized... you meant Sigur Ros' album... bummer:(  Oh well... Volenska is pretty cool anyway.

#7 ashleyj

ashleyj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:36 AM

i lived in Iceland for 10 years. I loved it and pretty much grew up there. there is nothing that compares to its beauty or its constant reminder of how we need to change our ways to keep the planet healthy. But Sigur Ros is a fucking mastermind of music. of course americans dont really know too much about the music but well i am glad to hear that at least this band has this influence of music style which differentiates them from others... =)

#8 Dai

Dai

ROGUE HAMMER!?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (Proxen @ Dec 19 2009, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I saw you say Takk I thought you meant Taake for a second.  I was like "zOMG Dai listens to br00tal black metalz?!  SO HOT!"  But.. then I realized... you meant Sigur Ros' album... bummer:(  Oh well... Volenska is pretty cool anyway.

HAHA, hey, don't underestimate what i have/will listen to.. i've heard my share of taake and it's pretty fly. ;]

QUOTE (ashleyj @ Dec 30 2009, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i lived in Iceland for 10 years. I loved it and pretty much grew up there. there is nothing that compares to its beauty or its constant reminder of how we need to change our ways to keep the planet healthy. But Sigur Ros is a fucking mastermind of music. of course americans dont really know too much about the music but well i am glad to hear that at least this band has this influence of music style which differentiates them from others... =)

very well said! and it's very true, too. i remember seeing the band on a cold night during their untitled tour, and the montage they played in the background was so inspiring and eye-opening. i really love this band for the emotions they evoke. it's no surprise they appeal to the 30 guys as well, that said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users