280 replies to this topic

#1 serenity

serenity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:18 AM

I read it was just picked up for another season which is <3 but what was up with that last episode ? It was a rerun but not, I'm thoroughly confused.

#2 Alexandros

Alexandros

Winter is coming.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,626 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

Lol I plead guilty of watching it too. tongue.gif

I was expecting the 7th episode yesterday but nada.

#3 Ananita

Ananita

Does this count as annoying?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:42 PM

don't hate me but... it's Twilight + True Blood + 90210 (the new one) all in one... :-/ I watched the first episode and I wasn't impressed at all.

#4 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

I think I'm having a nervous breakdance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:00 PM

The first and second episode were pretty horrid but after that everyone kind of settled down into their role and it became fairly tolerable.  I use it as filler when there isn't anything else to watch.  tongue.gif

#5 Alexandros

Alexandros

Winter is coming.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,626 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:09 PM

LOL same here I agree with Anita and Jo but I think that the series is sort of improving, more action.

#6 Ananita

Ananita

Does this count as annoying?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:11 PM

though I totally see the show because of Boone!! (AKA Ian Somerhalder) tongue.gif

#7 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

I think I'm having a nervous breakdance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Ananita @ Oct 24 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
though I totally see the show because of Boone!! (AKA Ian Somerhalder) tongue.gif

He is pretty much the only reason I watch. Hahahahaha.

#8 Alexandros

Alexandros

Winter is coming.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,626 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (Ananita @ Oct 24 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (TeachJoanne @ Oct 24 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He is pretty much the only reason I watch. Hahahahaha.

LMAO. uhh yeah he is totally growing on me. Ian that is. Although I also plead guilty to the fact I sort of ahem like Paul Wesley too.

BTW I'M SO EFFIN' HOOKED WITH LOST!!!
I don't get why it took me so long to start watching it but DUUUUDE as Hugo says haha, it's brilliant, full of suspense and twists, interesting characters, plot and  oh yeah Boone and Sawyer...GUH.

btw am I the only one that finds a totally comical side on Josh Holloway's acting as well as charming?
I've already finished season 1, I'm in the middle of Season 2 and I found myself laughing at Josh's lines and his expressions. he is a fine actor.

(methinks I must search for the Lost thread lol)

#9 pisces

pisces

The poster formerly known as minara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:39 PM

I like VD, it's interesting, although I'm tired of Stefan... he's too much like Edward Cullen. smile.gif  At least Elena can speak clearly and not stumble over her words, unlike Bella. smile.gif  But yeah, I mainly watch for Damon, he's the man.

Oh, and is anyone else tired of Vicki's enormous overbite?  It makes the poor girl ugly.

#10 serenity

serenity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

I thought they would be writing her out due to the fact she doesn't look lead-characterish to me but then they made her a vampire! WTH she's growing on me over bite and all. Stefan and Damon are secks. I don't have cable so don't get much and pretty much love this show

#11 MrSdiZzLe

MrSdiZzLe

We're not the same

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (Ananita @ Oct 24 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't hate me but... it's Twilight + True Blood + 90210 (the new one) all in one... :-/ I watched the first episode and I wasn't impressed at all.

I wasn't all that impressed when it started either. It was too teen beat. I like it a lot now, but I can never seem to remember that it's on. Score for it getting a second season!!!

QUOTE (Ananita @ Oct 24 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BOONE!!!!!! Ian will forever be known to me as Boone.

QUOTE (Alexandros @ Oct 24 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW I'M SO EFFIN' HOOKED WITH LOST!!!
btw am I the only one that finds a totally comical side on Josh Holloway's acting as well as charming?
I've already finished season 1, I'm in the middle of Season 2 and I found myself laughing at Josh's lines and his expressions. he is a fine actor.
(methinks I must search for the Lost thread lol)

Welcome to the club!! smile.gif I was late getting into it too (I think I started watching in the middle or end of season 3?). Josh Holloway is perfect as Sawyer...you can't help but love the character. He and Ian were my initial favorites (as far as hawt men go), but then Matthew Fox grew on me exponentially as the series continued. He does the vulnerable thing and I can't help but get all teary eyed.

#12 axm9237

axm9237

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (TeachJoanne @ Oct 24 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The first and second episode were pretty horrid but after that everyone kind of settled down into their role and it became fairly tolerable.  I use it as filler when there isn't anything else to watch.  tongue.gif

Now that you said that, I might have to check it out again. I watched the first one and a half episodes and then gave up.

Not that I need any more weekly shows to get behind on, of course. I still haven't watched "House" or "Glee" from this past week. sad.gif

#13 HolyRoller

HolyRoller

Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

For some reason I decided to give it a try (meaning all I could stand is an episode and half), and I find it painfully predictable. And its so much like Twilight its ridiculous.

And what's with the casting? Stefan looks to be close to his thirties and this girl is suppose to be 17.
I love the character's biography on IMDb. The first sentence reads, "Elena is the most beautiful and popular girl at school."
LAWL.  At least her only character flaw isn't clumsiness.

And I wish writers would stop calling their evil sexy men names like Damon. It just seems redundant.
Oooo he wears black, likes to kill people, and his name sort of sounds like demon which suggests he's a complete jerk.

I'd still like me some Ian Somerhalder but did any one else notice that his neck grew twice its size since LOST?

VD is just a drama catered for teens and lonely women. It has a sensitive, smooth talking vampire who writes in his diary, for God's sake.
He listens, he cares, he's protective and yet a little bit mysterious and dangerous. Too bad they couldn't find someone more attractive and less brooding to play him.

Since I will never watch it again, I guess I will never figure out why this century-old vampire is stalking a teenage girl who happens to look like his long dead love.

#14 night_riddles

night_riddles

Resident Devil Worshipper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

I must confess, I am only watching it for Ian Somerhalder. Were he not cast as Damon I never would have even watched the first episode.

QUOTE (HolyRoller @ Oct 24 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd still like me some Ian Somerhalder but did any one else notice that his neck grew twice its size since LOST?

Dude, had you watched the episode where he dances around with his shirt unbuttoned and gaping, you'd have no complaints. wink.gif

#15 HolyRoller

HolyRoller

Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:38 PM

Well, that does sound rather attractive...

But no, I haven't watched it. I've only seen the pilot and the first half of the second episode.

#16 pandorya

pandorya

You've fallen for the greatest con

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

I'm totally in to this show.  It fully picks up after the first couple of episodes.

Plus, they dissed Twilight... so good.

#17 Proxen

Proxen

Resident Metalhead ...er...Philosopher (VIP)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Ananita @ Oct 24 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's Twilight + True Blood + 90210 (the new one) all in one...

So it's shit + shit + insipid socialite drama?  hm...

#18 pisces

pisces

The poster formerly known as minara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (HolyRoller @ Oct 24 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that does sound rather attractive...

Here you go, Nat. smile.gif  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9RlgUwuwzk

As for age, well... Paul Wesley who plays Stefan is 27, so yeah, he's a bit over the 17 year old mark.  Nina Dobrev, on the other hand, is 20, where she's playing 17.  I still think she looks a little older than 17.  What is it with TV shows?  I don't remember ever being the way they portray 17 year olds when I was that age.

#19 Poppy

Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:15 AM

In the defence of The Vampire Diaries  the books were published about 13 years before Twilight and 10 years before the first Sookie Stackhouse book and are aimed at young teenage girls - I read L.J.Smith's books when I was 13 years old..........

I like the show, some bits are pretty corny and cringey but it's a teenage "high school drama" type programe, so you'd expect that. It's fun and I guess I just try not to take this kind of thing too seriously.

#20 fallenxmarsxgirl

fallenxmarsxgirl

DONT FEED THE PIGEONS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

laugh.gif  I'm glad I came in here. I was feeling a bit weird watching this show...only for Ian, I see I'm not the only one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users