Radio Station Requests

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_HiveMindBryan_*

Guest_HiveMindBryan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

So now that Kings and Queens is out on the air waves, we need to know if you guys have been requesting it and if your local radio stations have Top 5 or Top 10 or Top anything requests.

The day Kings and Queens was released (Oct. 6) it was #5 on KROQ's Furious 5 @ 9 request list in Los Angeles.

Below please list stations in your local area that are playing Kings and Queens and then list their Top requests lists and where Kings and Queens ranked on those lists.

Let's go!

THIS THREAD HAS LOTS OF GOOD INFO: http://thirtysecondstomars.forumsunlimited...howtopic=314788

#2 ayousu

ayousu

Cheeky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

Edit: ha! You beat me. So I will swallow my words tongue.gif

#3 Guest_HiveMindBryan_*

Guest_HiveMindBryan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (ayousu @ Oct 7 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edit: ha! You beat me. So I will swallow my words tongue.gif

ayousu, i'm aware of this thread.  I'm specifically looking for reports of where Kings and Queens ranked in different cities on their request lists.  Thanks!

#4 wildhorses

wildhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

I don't know if you're interested to know about France but for sure Ouifm aired it yesterday at 7:36 local time.
http://www.ouifm.fr/playlist.php:
06-10-09 19:36 30 SECONDS TO MARS - KINGS AND QUEENS

#5 Dai

Dai

ROGUE HAMMER!?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

top 5 for both KROQ (LA) and Live105 (NorCal) last night during most requested (#5).

they won clash last night on 97x as well, and will be up against another song tonight.

and i believe on another station, 99.4% of listeners loved the song.

that's about as statistical as i get for the moment.   tongue.gif

#6 fusion

fusion

ǝsdʎlɐɔodɐ ǝıqɯoz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:03 PM

Fm1021milwaukee.com or 414-799-1021 any time during the day. Flood their phone lines ya'll.

#7 lexiiilove

lexiiilove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

it has come on like 4 times today on kroq... since 8am to now...

#8 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

Well, this is not a TOP5 or something like that. After the dutch premier on radio they had a fan rating of avarage 9 (out of 10 - 10 being the highest possible) for Kings and Queens on the dutch radio station 3FM.nl where people who had listened to the CD could leave their opinion and give it a rating. Here's the link: http://metmichiel.nl/page/nieuwemuziek/155

The DJ (@Domien) has played the song yesterday, he played it again today and promised on air that he would play it again tomorrow. (Here's the playlist: http://metmichiel.nl/page/playlist check under "dinsdag 6 oktober 2009 20:00" and "woensdag 7 oktober 2009 19:00")

#9 Becca0833

Becca0833

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

I have definitely been requesting it like MAD! My local station is KCXX X1039 1039.FM www.x1039.com @x1039. Even before Kings And Queens I would request my ass off for any 30 Seconds to Mars. I always tweet them to play mars and now a lot of the time when they play mars Bobby Sato(important guy) says it's for me and tweets me. When Kings and Queens came out (I purposely stayed home from school that day to hear it ;D) Bobby Sato played it and said "That's for Becca on twitter!" and I hadn't even called yet! And when Doug Dorosheur(or however you spell that man's last name) played it I personally called to thank him for playing it and I told him that the voices at the end were the Echelon. Today after school I called Bobby Sato again (he's my fave guy on x) and asked for kings and queens and he said "30 Seconds to Mars *raises eyebrow*," and i said "of course, my all time fave" and he said "Ohh kaayyy wwhhattss your namme?  rolleyes.gif *knowing it was me*" and I said "Becca" and he said "Twitter Becca  wink.gif  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif  rolleyes.gif" amd I said "you know it" and he said "did you hear me play it for you yesterday?" "yes of course! I stayed home just to listen!" and he said something about my grades and whatever and then he said "of course I'll play it for you. Take care and thanks for listening." and I said "thanks" hahaha sorry it was a lot of he said she saids. And Im sorry to say even though I call and request a lot I may be one of the only ones in my area. I don't see a request list on the website. Then again, there arent many rock fans in this area and it juusst debuted yesterday.

I just thought i could share my requesting stories

#10 Innocence lost

Innocence lost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

Kings and queens has been the champion in the fight club on Z93kqz for the last two nights. Its on at 6:00pm and will be going up against another song tomorrow. You can call and vote for it at 1-800-9rock93 you can also listen live at their website Z93kqz

Edit: They are now 3rd night in a row. smile.gif The most they can go is 5 nights I'm sure they can do it!

#11 AxeGoddess

AxeGoddess

my inner child is a mean little fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

Planet Radio 96.5 KFTE in Lafayette, LA played it for sure twice yesterday--the debut at around noon, then again at 3pm or so.  Aaron spoke really highly of it when I called in to thank him for playing it the first time, and he said he'd play it again before he was out the door.  When he was about to play it, he said there'd been a lot of requests for it.

Today, Jobo played it during the Cosmic Commute (5-6pm) and he prefaced it by saying there had been a ton of requests and e-quests.

The 9 o'clock news on Danielle's page asked for people's feedback on the single.  I missed the result, unfortunately, but it's getting buzz around Acadiana.

I'm keeping an eye out on the Top 8 at 8.  

Website: www.planet965.com  Twitter: @planet965  Request line: 337-235-9636 or toll free on AT&T wireless #965

You can e-quest:
tard@planet965.com (morning show--6am-10)
aaron@planet965.com (10-3)
jobo@planet965.com (3-6)
Danielle@planet965.com (6-11)

Going to research New Orleans and Baton Rouge radio too.

#12 Guest_HiveMindBryan_*

Guest_HiveMindBryan_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:19 PM

We were #3 in Los Angeles last night....

and #1 in Salt Lake City!!

http://x96.com/features/top_10_songs/top_ten_10_7_09/

Come on you guys, I need your help!  Where else are we ranking?

#13 readyfuels

readyfuels

[ echelon. ]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

We came in last night on the NorCal Bay Area's Live 105's Top 5 at 9 at #3.  Moving on up!  

If you're in NorCal, you can request Kings and Queens either by texting 36105 or calling 415-478-5483.  

The DJs are also pretty accommodating with playing it throughout the day.  If I recall, the afternoon DJ Jared said the Summit bit at the end gives him chills.

EDIT: Maintaining at #3 tonight as well.

#14 fantasy_girl

fantasy_girl

I r Sarah ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (mrbarb @ Oct 9 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In some other AMAZING news just in, 'Kings & Queens' was the #3 most added track to Australian radio this week after only two days!!! Great work everyone with contacting the radio stations, but keep it up cos there are still heaps more that we need to get playing it.

#15 Minimouse

Minimouse

Creative Dreamer... building a fantasy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:42 PM

In Belgium it seems Studio Brussels has finally woken up  tongue.gif  

Next week Kings & Queens will be the "Stoot van de Afrekening"  meaning : the song that has most potential to come in the Countdown list where the listeners choose the songs.

edit : this will only become official next week, so don't mail studio Brussels to thank them before they announce it officially !

Tune in for "De Afrekening" on Studio Brussels on Wednesday 14 oktober at 14:00 local time

Only after the programm (I repeat : afterwards !) we can start voting for the song and launche it to number 1 - filling in our Top 3 at "Jouw Top 3 in De Afrekening"

Tune in at De Afrekening

Let's get them at number 1 !

#16 Danielle

Danielle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:14 PM

on the local radio station 1077.7 the end

kings and queens was number 4 on the 5 most requested songs of the day on oct 6

#17 anke

anke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:07 PM

K&Q is the number 1 hit on Polish Radio Eska Rock! smile.gif wooohooo biggrin.gif

we still need your help! you can vote with us here smile.gif

#18 Innocence lost

Innocence lost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

Kings and queens have been champions 4 nights in a row on the fight club on Z93 KQZ. They will be played again on monday for the 5th night. If they win they will be retired from the fight club and then put into regular rotation at the station.  tongue.gif

#19 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:26 AM

On the dutch radio station Radio538 there is a nightly "battle" which is voted on by the audience. It's called "Maak 't of Kraak 't" (Make it or Brake it). People get to vote whether they like the song or not.

"Kings and Queens" MADE IT with 63,6% laugh.gif
http://radio538.nl/maaktofkraakt.html

#20 RockAndOrRoll

RockAndOrRoll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:25 AM

Was #5 on KJEE's Gimme 5 @ 8 last night. Santa Barbara, CA

Edited to add:  #3 tonight, Tuesday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users