Just another idea

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Scorpio70_*

Guest_Scorpio70_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

I've been contacting radio stations in and around my area via e-mail to start hyping the new record, tour, documentary etc.  I have had some great feedback from a few stations.  While waiting around and biting your fingernails and doing back flips  - we should be doing something truly productive.  Uh huh.

#2 mabo

mabo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,426 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:43 AM

May I inquire what you exactly suggested to the radio stations? Obviously promoting a band in this field, with hope to have the band receive more time on air, is always a good way to start. But without new material out just now, I would expect the feedback to not reach beyond a short statement on 'something happening later this year' and maybe the recent summit activities.

#3 Guest_Scorpio70_*

Guest_Scorpio70_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (mabo @ Aug 26 2009, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May I inquire what you exactly suggested to the radio stations? Obviously promoting a band in this field, with hope to have the band receive more time on air, is always a good way to start. But without new material out just now, I would expect the feedback to not reach beyond a short statement on 'something happening later this year' and maybe the recent summit activities.

You are exactly right. And that is enough for now - it's still planting seeds in those who may not be as "in the know" as we are. Asking radio stations who are already familiar with 30stm and still have songs from ABL still in rotation to some degree are obviously the one's I have e-mailed.  Getting them this information in advance and more towards the actual time is just getting the "buzz" out.

#4 sonicvision

sonicvision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (Scorpio70 @ Aug 26 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are exactly right. And that is enough for now - it's still planting seeds in those who may not be as "in the know" as we are. Asking radio stations who are already familiar with 30stm and still have songs from ABL still in rotation to some degree are obviously the one's I have e-mailed.  Getting them this information in advance and more towards the actual time is just getting the "buzz" out.

There's a thread in the boards somewhere with all the radio station links! AND a lotof radio station dj's are on twitter.

#5 Alex_92

Alex_92

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

I like it. Good work.

#6 jabdcbbb

jabdcbbb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Scorpio70 @ Aug 25 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been contacting radio stations in and around my area via e-mail to start hyping the new record, tour, documentary etc.  I have had some great feedback from a few stations.  While waiting around and biting your fingernails and doing back flips  - we should be doing something truly productive.  Uh huh.

ANYTHING we can do to promote is a good thing! I love it and your enthusiam!  cool.gif

#7 Lara

Lara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Scorpio70 @ Aug 26 2009, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great work)!!!!!

#8 Dr Frostbite

Dr Frostbite

nothing hurts machine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:33 AM

You mean to tell me that Obama is now selling Michelle's purses?

#9 andrebrewersag

andrebrewersag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:06 AM

Great attempt. Hope you will be successful. Our support is always with you.

#10 Dr Frostbite

Dr Frostbite

nothing hurts machine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (Dr Frostbite @ Aug 18 2010, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean to tell me that Obama is now selling Michelle's purses?

Before anyone asks, I'm pretty sure there was a spambot post above mine that bumped this thread. I have better things to do than post here when I'm drunk.

#11 Jackly

Jackly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

Although not too much to understand or see. Thanks to share.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users