88 replies to this topic

#1 XX BR3AK M3 D0WN

XX BR3AK M3 D0WN

You don't see things as they are, you see them as you are

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:52 PM

We should all organize a time, everyone in their own country and a place to meet up October 18th, 2009 or October 17th, 2009 (if the release date is official and the 20th) to do promo in our own cities in our states/countries. This will get the word out several days before the Record hits stores, it's something that can help the promo the label will do as well for the CD and get the word spread about mars.

I think its a great idea. Is anyone interested? smile.gif

EDIT: these dates are Saturday and Sunday. It seems the weekend is a good time to do promo since a lot of us work or go to school.

#2 JulyMars

JulyMars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:02 PM

ok, I'll think what I can do!!! here in Argentina with the other Echelon

#3 Jenni6277

Jenni6277

also known as Gadina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

Maybe we should start planning promo (and exact dates) after the band itself announces officially the release date. Just a thought.

#4 *bintang*

*bintang*

[Mars Car Division] X 6277

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

If the record comes out on 20th October that would be the best weekend to promote the new CD. Maybe you can make a list who likes to participate in which country and town. Im in for a promo in Hamburg Germany on that date.  smile.gif

#5 XX BR3AK M3 D0WN

XX BR3AK M3 D0WN

You don't see things as they are, you see them as you are

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:37 AM

Definitely especially right before the CD is out it could get huge promo and do well for record sales.

More importantly people will know that mars is coming smile.gif

#6 Helenita

Helenita

totally glamoured by Mars Vamps

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:51 AM

It's a great idea, but perhaps should be the band who chose the date.

#7 mieze

mieze

Lora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:26 AM

depending on how well this will be organized, i would participate.

#8 ImagineIfThisAllCameDown

ImagineIfThisAllCameDown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:27 AM

I think this is a great idea but I agree, maybe we should wait until the band give us something official. Purely because getting all excited and begining to organise promo now if it turns out that this isn't the date we'll just be disappointed.

Hold fire for a bit, wait on an official date then go from there with this? smile.gif I'm sure the UK lot would be game!

#9 semmi

semmi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:32 AM

can we wait 'till the album is ready at least?

#10 Elvira

Elvira

gone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (semmi @ Aug 10 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can we wait 'till the album is ready at least?

Ofcourse, but the idea itself is good. I think we all should do an international promo day. And do something really special that will attract the attention of the media.

We don't have a final date yet, but we can brainstorm.  smile.gif

#11 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:36 AM

Aaaand how about waiting till we know what we're actually promoting? If we don't have info on the album itself (artwork, titles, target consumer etc) it doesn't make much sense promoting BIG before the actual launch, it'll be wishy washy vague stuff again. Though I am suspecting we'll be moving (hopefully) forward from just the glyphics and the "Mars is Coming" promo in the next month or two... which in essence spices up interest but basically still says very little.

My fingers are itching to finally do some actual product releated relevant promo. So unless we have more details, I'd rather not do something a day or two before the launch date and prefer to kick start with a good planned (and executed) campaign on launch or post launch. Also I'd like to see/know how EMI (and their launch) will fit into this picture. I would imagine that EMI will support a launch with material, marketing and that EMI actually has a launch PR plan (I should hope so). How do we fit in, should we spearhead (like we're doing now, even though we're promoting the band more than an actual album) and create a bit of hype... and then move on to.... what...?

So yeah, I might be overthinking it... but gimme some stuff to work with. Mkay pretty please?  wink.gif tongue.gif  

And besides that, coordination should be in the country topics, as the local glyphics promo's have been. A Global Roll Call here in one topic would be mayhem to oversee. Also many promo's are planned on country local sites and/or in conjunction with local EMI. This board could feed some key info, but the execution should be split and organized in seperate groups. Especially since local needs and plans may differ. What is relevant and works in one country might not be the most efficient in another. Like is the release date actually global or will there be different dates for different versions (as we know ABL has... US versions, Europe versions, Russia, Japan, Latin America etc etc etc).

So.... I AM looking forward to what ideas/plans the band has for us. But basically yeah, we are very reliant on what info they give us to move to the next step... and if we can plan something all together that would be very cool. Just give us some tools.  wink.gif

#12 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

I think I'm having a nervous breakdance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:53 AM

While an international promo day is a fantastic idea, keep in mind this is the band that likes to fully ignore what we are openly posting about here and then plan something completely different for exactly the same days we've got planned for our own-intiative stuff, rendering our plans obsolete.  Just saying.

#13 Elvira

Elvira

gone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:58 AM

Since when do we pay attention to what the band wants?  laugh.gif Their plans change every day  tongue.gif

#14 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

I think I'm having a nervous breakdance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (Elvira @ Aug 10 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since when do we pay attention to what the band wants?  laugh.gif Their plans change every day  tongue.gif

Lots of people shout that they don't care but if the band plans something official on the same day we've planned something unofficial you can bet your butt you'll lose most people to the band's idea.

[edit] That came out sounding bitchier than I meant. unsure.gif

#15 Elvira

Elvira

gone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (TeachJoanne @ Aug 10 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lots of people shout that they don't care but if the band plans something official on the same day we've planned something unofficial you can bet your butt you'll lose most people to the band's idea.

[edit] That came out sounding bitchier than I meant. unsure.gif

You are so not getting an oil lamp from me  dry.gif

But yeah, you're right... If we would come up with an awesome idea and the band plans something MUCH LAMER people would still do the band's thing.

#16 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:26 AM

Nicely put Jo and spot on! You said it so much simpler than my jetlagged brain mumbling on about some info from the band, details and EMI. I needz some of your brain.

Oh and Elvira, flowers please. No more oil lamps. Like ever!  tongue.gif

#17 piewacket

piewacket

ALWAYS... look beneath the skin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (ImagineIfThisAllCameDown @ Aug 10 2009, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think this is a great idea but I agree, maybe we should wait until the band give us something official. Purely because getting all excited and begining to organise promo now if it turns out that this isn't the date we'll just be disappointed.

Hold fire for a bit, wait on an official date then go from there with this? smile.gif I'm sure the UK lot would be game!

Of course we will  laugh.gif and in full Black UK Echelon  ph34r.gif London  tongue.gif

#18 piewacket

piewacket

ALWAYS... look beneath the skin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (TeachJoanne @ Aug 10 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While an international promo day is a fantastic idea, keep in mind this is the band that likes to fully ignore what we are openly posting about here and then plan something completely different for exactly the same days we've got planned for our own-intiative stuff, rendering our plans obsolete.  Just saying.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
oops sorry for the double post

#19 semmi

semmi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:27 AM

I'm just saying that planning NOW, before know the actual title, when it'll be out, the new series of glypths and in general before it is ready, it's like want to eat the egg in the ass of the chicken.

#20 Ishida

Ishida

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (XX BR3AK M3 D0WN @ Aug 9 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We should all organize a time, everyone in their own country and a place to meet up October 18th, 2009 or October 17th, 2009 (if the release date is official and the 20th) to do promo in our own cities in our states/countries. This will get the word out several days before the Record hits stores, it's something that can help the promo the label will do as well for the CD and get the word spread about mars.

I think its a great idea. Is anyone interested? smile.gif

EDIT: these dates are Saturday and Sunday. It seems the weekend is a good time to do promo since a lot of us work or go to school.

I like the idea. Re-posting quote in Wisconsin Echelon thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users