42 replies to this topic

#1 acrobat69

acrobat69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

I'm posting this message for my friend Jess92,I think it's an awesome idea and hope all of you agree with me.
If you have a locked account,plz,make sure to unlock it for the trending topic marathon,otherwise it will not be counted. wink.gif

Want to support the the best band in the world (30 Seconds To Mars)?

Then come join us on twitter.com and lets try to make #marsiscoming a trending topic!

This time lets really put our best-foot-forward!

This is what you must do:

On July 31, August 1, and August 2 on every tweet that you post
try to include these phrases: Hash tags (#) are not required
#marsiscoming
#30STM
#MARSARMY
#Echelon
#₪ ø lll ·o.

The first two are the most important, so please try to include them both in a tweet! If everyone includes any one of these phrases within their tweets, we have a big chance to be a trending topic.

What does that mean, you ask? Well it means that millions of people will see it and be interested in what it is or who they are! This will help the band get new listeners and fans!

If you don't have a twitter account got to http://twitter.com/ and create one and help the band!

follow: @30secondstomars (http://twitter.com/30secondstomars)

Make sure to include only one of each tag in your tweets so that we don't, spam! Also feel free to include these links:

- http://bit.ly/ucmic
- http://bit.ly/W733q
- http://bit.ly/oZaiv
- http://bit.ly/5XGub
- http://bit.ly/38GwM
- http://bit.ly/f8ZBv
- http://bit.ly/4EStfX

Feel free to include any links involving the band as well, such as a video, or a link to an article about the new album.

Tweet as much as you can so we have a bigger chance to create this a big event!

Before the digital summit, we will trend to let everybody know #marsiscoming!

ECHELON get ready for this because this time, WE WILL SUCCEED!
See you on twitter on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

Provehito In Altum!

#2 Fallen_From_Mars

Fallen_From_Mars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:29 PM

great idea, guys!! wink.gif) will do my best! wink.gif)

#3 ayousu

ayousu

Cheeky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

1) This is already being discussed in the twitter thread.
2) There is already (a better thought out) thread about this. Here
3) Making new (useless) threads doesn't get you more attention, despite the common belief. smile.gif
4) I've got nothing else to say/write, I just like making lists

#4 Kaith

Kaith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

Great idea!!!

#5 armymom

armymom

You speak in words you never meant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (ayousu @ Jul 27 2009, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3) Making new (useless) threads doesn't get you more attention, despite the common belief. smile.gif

laugh.gif Aww Arezo - I love you  wub.gif

#6 Jess92

Jess92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (ayousu @ Jul 27 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i believe that is an old mission!

#7 ~Nemesis~

~Nemesis~

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (ayousu @ Jul 27 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. In the twitter thread, where? What page?
2. That is OLD news, DONE AND OVER with.
3. This is not a useless thread, it was posted so it can be easily found and NOT cluttered, such as if it was in the twitter thread(see # 1)
4. No one posted this here to try and get anyone MORE attention.
5. I just like making lists to point out that you've made an ass of yourself =)

#8 ayousu

ayousu

Cheeky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (armymom @ Jul 28 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif Aww Arezo - I love you  wub.gif

wub.gif

QUOTE (Jess92 @ Jul 28 2009, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i believe that is an old mission!

QUOTE (~Nemesis~ @ Jul 28 2009, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. In the twitter thread, where? What page?
2. That is OLD news, DONE AND OVER with.
3. This is not a useless thread, it was posted so it can be easily found and NOT cluttered, such as if it was in the twitter thread(see # 1)
4. No one posted this here to try and get anyone MORE attention.
5. I just like making lists to point out that you've made an ass of yourself =)

Technically, missions are suggested by the band, so niether this nor that other thread's ideas are missions. The OP could have just as easily bumped that thread and added her/his idea. Things keep cleaner that way.

Read the last couple of pages of the twitter thread, people are talking about how to effectively make #marsiscomming a trending topic without making into spam and annoying the shit out of sane people. smile.gif

& since when pointing out the obvious= making an ass of oneself?

#9 ~Nemesis~

~Nemesis~

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (ayousu @ Jul 27 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wub.gif

Technically, missions are suggested by the band, so niether this nor that other thread's ideas are missions. The OP could have just as easily bumped that thread and added her/his idea. Things keep cleaner that way.

Read the last couple of pages of the twitter thread, people are talking about how to effectively make #marsiscomming a trending topic without making into spam and annoying the shit out of sane people. smile.gif

& since when pointing out the obvious= making an ass of oneself?

Yes, mission are usually suggested by the band, but I've not read any where were its against any "rules" that fans cant take an initiative and start things on their own.

As I said this was posted here so it is seen and it is well thought out so that its not meant to spam either, if others have more suggestions before this starts thats great, all ideas are welcome to best reduce spam. Besides it was more or less an idea first for this twitter mission ... this is an idea section correct? Plus not everyone is a member so they can't view the Echelon thread. The hive is still viewable.

Pointing out the obvious... hmm so "Making new (useless) threads doesn't get you more attention, despite the common belief" so please tell me you didn't mean this was the intention, so that the OP can get ZOMG special attention? You can't be serious...
Yes this thread was made to get the attention for OTHERS to join, if they would like.

So yeah...  dry.gif

#10 mieze

mieze

Lora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (ayousu @ Jul 28 2009, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i wouldn't tweet any things that people who aren't fans don't understand, such as marsiscoming and Echelon for example. why do we have to spam for 3 days? cause spam is what it is, even if you only include the tags in your tweets. when other users click on it they will only find your nonsense with a not related tag.

#11 Alexandros

Alexandros

Winter is coming.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,626 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:18 AM

lol Arezo. wub.gif

-------------------

The best band in the world? Since when?

I'm sure even 30 would argue that, despite the most flattering nature of this statement lol.

#12 Smyle

Smyle

Back on Jupiter.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:28 AM

Honestly, it's fun to have this as a trending topic and such, but for me, it always looks like spam.

#13 silvita

silvita

lost in the daydream...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:44 AM

wacko.gif

#14 Guest_Scorpio70_*

Guest_Scorpio70_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

Getting a lot of conflicting information regarding the "correct" way to go about accomplishing the Trending Topic goal. Is there someone out there who can post this information? What works? What doesn't? What constitutes "inappropriate" tweeting, etc.

Thanks!  

#15 HELIOS

HELIOS

[ECHELON]

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

^ Topic merge.

#16 sprouto

sprouto

Glyph Ring Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:41 PM

Hi guys ...love the new mission idea

#17 nico30

nico30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

If the entire world will know that Mars is coming, a hard question because trendig a topic once it has achieved, depends on how many time you keep mentioning?

#18 finrod.hoc

finrod.hoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Alexandros @ Jul 28 2009, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The best band in the world? Since when?

I'm sure even 30 would argue that, despite the most flattering nature of this statement lol.

Since the person who posted it thinks so, that's when.  Obviously you disagree and quite frankly I do too, but why even go there. Why insinuate that her saying 30STM is the "Best band in the world" is something only someone deranged would say.  You don't even know what other music she likes that she is comparing them to.  Maybe if she listed out all her favorite bands you would look at it and say...well ya know what you're right, in your world they are the best.  

To me her statement simply conveys her excitement about the band and the sharing of her friend's idea.  Of course I am not saying repetition of information and threads is OK either but I agree with Nemesis that the other Twitter thread is in the only section of the board that you need membership to access.  I never really go in there because a lot of times I don't want to log in to get there.  This hive area is accessible to everyone not just Echelon and I think it makes sense to have it here.  So for example if you are led here via facebook, you can read, maybe become intrigued by the idea, and then perhaps join the boards and participate.  

acrobat69 I assumed you were female for whatever reason.  If not, please insert male pronoun in above paragraph to represent yourself wink.gif.   Oh and I mean no offense to your musical tastes with what I said.  To each his/her own biggrin.gif .  

#19 Fiskmat

Fiskmat

Malin- so damn Advanced!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (ayousu @ Jul 28 2009, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol rolleyes.gif

#20 Peitho

Peitho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Scorpio70 @ Jul 28 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting a lot of conflicting information regarding the "correct" way to go about accomplishing the Trending Topic goal. Is there someone out there who can post this information? What works? What doesn't? What constitutes "inappropriate" tweeting, etc.

Thanks!

This might be helpful not only for you http://www.squidoo.com/30STM

When I read the post on My Space that lead me to this thread my first reaction was “Oh please NO!!!”

I had this reaction because I was told by many people after the Trending Topic mission weekend that they are truly annoyed by all the spamming with tweets like this:

#marsiscoming  #marsiscoming #marsiscoming #marsiscoming #marsiscoming  #marsiscoming #marsiscoming #marsiscoming  #marsiscoming.

To me this mean there is going something terribly wrong.

We are supposed to promote and support the band, aren’t we?

BUT we can only achieve this goal by doing the right things at the right time!

We won’t do the band a favor if we push this too far, or cross a line we shouldn’t cross for the love of 30 SECONDS TO MARS by creating an overload of spamming tweets.

In plain  language - as much as it is wonderful that all of us, fans / followers etc. would love to be involved by doing their own missions

PLEASE  DON' T DO IT IN THIS CASE UNLESS IT IS OFFICIAL DEMANDED BY MARS!

Otherwise people will react offended by only hearing the word “MARS” in the future and nobody will be open anymore to listen to whatever the band wants to tell the world.

So I appeal on your common sense - use it wisely!

Be patient!

Wait, until we will be sent out on a new mission by the band so we do really helpful things to support and promote them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users