Set The Record Straight

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#41 Lily_17

Lily_17

Lilybelle Lufflecakes...is ridiculously Canadian.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

Anyone else find this interesting that it's posted in THE HIVE?

#42 Aderyn Dawn

Aderyn Dawn

Artists, Inspirations, Influences, Insanity, Inner power

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

I really don't feel like commenting on that, after reading it. It feels like it's meaningless jealousy, and it would be stupid to acknowledge it as anything that matters.

#43 ravemonkey27

ravemonkey27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

Actions Speak Louder than words...The Hive is meant as a tool to help the band promote. We need to promote and stand behind the band as much as we can. We need to be better than putting others down. We are a family here and to bring more to our family we need to stand strong together and be kind to EVERYONE including those who are dissing the band. Everyone does have an opinion and that is okay. What is not okay is putting someone down for one's own personal gain. Just remember that when posting.  wink.gif

#44 E.490

E.490

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Lily_17 @ Jul 8 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup.

#45 E.490

E.490

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Lily_17 @ Jul 8 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup.  (Edit: Apparently double-yup tongue.gif )

#46 Aderyn Dawn

Aderyn Dawn

Artists, Inspirations, Influences, Insanity, Inner power

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (E.490 @ Jul 9 2009, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup.  (Edit: Apparently double-yup tongue.gif )

You yupped for me laugh.gif

#47 Leavchip

Leavchip

The war within yourself is greater than the battle outside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,280 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (THIRTYSECONDSTOMARS @ Jul 8 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Support the band by commenting on negative press anywhere you might see it online. Set the record straight.

Provehito In Altum

-MARS

I agree with Lily here - I do not feel it is supportive of anyone or any group or organization to go into a rant simply because you do not like or agree with what someone says about the band or a member of the band.  And for heaven sake- use your full words here people, you are not limited to 140 characters when posting a comment!

In all the articles both in the print and video that I have seen of Jared doing interviews and being asked questions about what someone said about him - I have never seen him put down or talk ugly about that person.  He normally responds with the truth shall come out or be seen or something along those lines.  In other words - rise above the circumstance. I may have missed one along the path, but I would not lower the standards set by this band in order to call someone out because they have an issue with a successful person such as Jared, Shannon or Tomo and a successful band such as 30 Seconds to Mars.

The 2 latest blogs will just be the beginning because there is about to be a new album and more press for the band and its members.

My take on the DCFC article was to post a comment with facts on the Spinner site - I am not going to bombard their twitter accounts or websites- that to me is throwing crap into the wind and it will come back on you!

Perez - why do we even care?  Seriously it took him a few days to even come across the article this time and well he's just not worth my effort- we who have seen this over the years know there is a bit of a jealousy factor there and that Jared has somehow broken Perez's heart... a woman scorned ya know.. (yes I went there...)

Now - when is it appropriate to "set the record straight" -
to me if someone is writing an article from a legitmately recognized magazine or ezine they will have the right to express their opinion and viewpoint.  If I disagree with what they say and I have solid facts to counter what is said I will post a comment.

But, if they have listened to the album, didn't like it and  posted about it- I will not attack them for it- especially if its a legitmate music magazine or ezine- this is their jobs and their rights to say what they think of it.  This is where the onslaught will happen and where the MarsArmy can either rise above the critism or fall to the wayside looking like over zealous idiots.

I do feel that each person has the right to post/comment/say whatever they want in rebuttle to the articles to. Just remember when you do it will reflect back upon this band and its fanbase, let's make that reflection a good one.

#48 bluehorizon

bluehorizon

Major General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (H X C F A I R Y @ Jul 8 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I say Ben is just jealous of Jared's eyeliner laugh.gif

But in all seriousness, what exactly happened to make this dude start on him so randomly? huh.gif And, isn't his girlfriend also an actor/singer....me thinks someone didn't think before they spoke.

Oh the IRONY of his statements
I think this point should be clearly made to Mr. Gibbard

As long as comments are made with tact and are articulate. Then we are presenting opposition & constructive debate
Anytime an individual begins personal attacks they lose all credibility in a productive civil debate
Present the opposing viewpoint without the insults

#49 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

I totally agree with you, Becky.

People like Perez, well.  Their comments aren't even worth responding to, most of the time.  I refuse to give acknowledgement to someone I don't respect.  The poorly written articles on the net?  They already look stupid on their own accord.

There is a fine line, sometimes, between "support" and "defend."  And of course, how vigorously those two are done...

#50 E.490

E.490

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Leavchip @ Jul 8 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Lily here - I do not feel it is supportive of anyone or any group or organization to go into a rant simply because you do not like or agree with what someone says about the band or a member of the band.  And for heaven sake- use your full words here people, you are not limited to 140 characters when posting a comment!

In all the articles both in the print and video that I have seen of Jared doing interviews and being asked questions about what someone said about him - I have never seen him put down or talk ugly about that person.  He normally responds with the truth shall come out or be seen or something along those lines.  In other words - rise above the circumstance. I may have missed one along the path, but I would not lower the standards set by this band in order to call someone out because they have an issue with a successful person such as Jared, Shannon or Tomo and a successful band such as 30 Seconds to Mars.

The 2 latest blogs will just be the beginning because there is about to be a new album and more press for the band and its members.

My take on the DCFC article was to post a comment with facts on the Spinner site - I am not going to bombard their twitter accounts or websites- that to me is throwing crap into the wind and it will come back on you!

Perez - why do we even care?  Seriously it took him a few days to even come across the article this time and well he's just not worth my effort- we who have seen this over the years know there is a bit of a jealousy factor there and that Jared has somehow broken Perez's heart... a woman scorned ya know.. (yes I went there...)

Now - when is it appropriate to "set the record straight" -
to me if someone is writing an article from a legitmately recognized magazine or ezine they will have the right to express their opinion and viewpoint.  If I disagree with what they say and I have solid facts to counter what is said I will post a comment.

But, if they have listened to the album, didn't like it and  posted about it- I will not attack them for it- especially if its a legitmate music magazine or ezine- this is their jobs and their rights to say what they think of it.  This is where the onslaught will happen and where the MarsArmy can either rise above the critism or fall to the wayside looking like over zealous idiots.

I do feel that each person has the right to post/comment/say whatever they want in rebuttle to the articles to. Just remember when you do it will reflect back upon this band and its fanbase, let's make that reflection a good one.

Well said, Leav.

#51 Leavchip

Leavchip

The war within yourself is greater than the battle outside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,280 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (Lily_17 @ Jul 8 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I totally agree with you, Becky.

People like Perez, well. Their comments aren't even worth responding to, most of the time. I refuse to give acknowledgement to someone I don't respect. The poorly written articles on the net? They already look stupid on their own accord.

There is a fine line, sometimes, between "support" and "defend." And of course, how vigorously those two are done...

wub.gif

I do like that it was posted here in The Hive - this is a directive for the troops- but with directives need to come level headedness and reserve the energy for the full battle, not just the small skirmishess.. (I know military terms but its appropriate).  If the MarsArmy or [echelon] come across looking like total zealot idiots with these 2 events, then all credibilty will be lost in the long run.. just remember that when responding.

And ditto what Bluehorizon said also....

#52 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

To be honest, I'm surprised they're (seemingly) so concerned with this, considering all the negativity and infighting within their own fanbase.   blink.gif

The fans of this band do NOT have a good track record of being...un-overzealous (regular-zealous??).  Let's hope something changes.

#53 AxeGoddess

AxeGoddess

my inner child is a mean little fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

My favorite way to deal with negative comments is to ask if they actually listened to all the songs, not just those on the radio (or well, ONE on the radio, ahem).  If they haven't, I offer an opportunity.  I always have my iPod.  

If they still say something about the band sucking, I ask why.  Most often, I get the, "because JL is a douchebag actor, blah blah," to which I say, "what does his acting have to do with his music, and by the way, there are two other guys in the band."

If they can't give me a solid reason as to why they hate the band, other than "they suck" or some comment such as the DCFC guy said, then I just say they are entitled to their opinion, offer a chance for them to throw a band at me that  may not like and explain in detail WHY.

This actually happened once outside a class.  It was kind of fun when the person in question couldn't get past the front man and not touch on the music.

As for press, if you must comment, yes, full sentences, words, and proper punctuation and tact and reasoning will support your argument better than the proclamation of how hot the members of the band are and how much the journalist sucks.  I usually respond in the same manner that I reply here.

Oh...wait...that may not be good. unsure.gif

However, I have always held the belief that if people are talking about you then it means you're relevant.  Even if it's negative.  Much like Adeena's any press is good press.  It keeps you in the public eye, it keeps you in their brain space.  And if someone hasn't heard the music or been to a show even negative press might make them curious enough to check it out and judge for themselves.  Then it's a 50/50 chance that they'll like you.

Or won't.

#54 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

Hahaha Mary.  Yes, agreed.  If they stump themselves as to why they hate the band, then all the better.

#55 Guest_mumbles_*

Guest_mumbles_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:52 PM

theres not really alot left to say after this;
I'm thinking Zooey must've called out Jared's name in bed or something.
and naked rhianna pictures.

who gives a fuck about some talentless hacks like death cab?!

#56 AxeGoddess

AxeGoddess

my inner child is a mean little fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (mumbles @ Jul 8 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm thinking Zooey must've called out Jared's name in bed or something. and naked rhianna pictures.

Okay I admit, I laughed a lot louder than I should have at the bolded part. laugh.gif

#57 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (mumbles @ Jul 8 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm thinking Zooey must've called out Jared's name in bed or something. and naked rhianna pictures.

blink.gif  blink.gif

Calling them talentless hacks doesn't really do much to elevate your own position.  Haha wtf with the naked Rihanna photos.

#58 Guest_mumbles_*

Guest_mumbles_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

i call them like i see them lily. always have always will.

#59 fmk

fmk

fucking A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Lily_17 @ Jul 9 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, I'm surprised they're (seemingly) so concerned with this, considering all the negativity and infighting within their own fanbase.   blink.gif

The fans of this band do NOT have a good track record of being...un-overzealous (regular-zealous??).  Let's hope something changes.

Maybe the idea is to unite the troops with a common cause - defending mars is what everyone is about yes? In fighting included.

QUOTE (mumbles @ Jul 9 2009, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is my point also, the flip side is that this is also other people's opinions of mars - and they are entitled to it, we just don't agree wink.gif

#60 gidget83

gidget83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (mumbles @ Jul 8 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i call them like i see them lily. always have always will.

I like you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users