#361 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (superblonde @ Nov 17 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is important now there are new releases...there will be many gig reviews of last night, and the upcoming album.. I saw one review today which I had to comment on on the BBC website

but did you GROPE the website?

#362 Kelissima

Kelissima

Flibberty-jibbet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,799 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (CandyO @ Nov 17 2009, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but did you GROPE the website?

LOLOL!

Anyway, superblonde, what was your response *is honestly curious*.

#363 sharmz

sharmz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

well this is someone to check out
http://twitter.com/LeeGazeprophets

the guitarist of lostprophets

he's just an idiot and i wish he'd get kicked out of lostprophets, he seems to really hate MARS, he's just jealous he's not tomo..

joshborland    Dear @jaredleto your excuse for a band is shite! L.A, why are you so cold?
about 12 hours ago from web
Retweeted by LeeGazeprophets and 1 other

it's people like this who make me grind my teeth >_<

echelon, i call on you to swarm biggrin.gif

#364 Alexandros

Alexandros

Winter is coming.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,626 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:20 PM

Oh wow...

So basically a musician tweeted that to Jared, out of the blue, and the guitarist of Lostprophets RTed that?

...way to go.

O_O

EDIT: I simply sent them a tweet saying:

@joshborland @LeeGazeprophets Very disappointing to see musicians attack a fellow musician with lame tweets & RTweets. Low point and pity.

#365 Alexandros

Alexandros

Winter is coming.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,626 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:11 AM

I received a usual get over it tweet from Mr. Borland. lulz.

My reply:

@joshborland Oh but see there's nothing for me to get over Mr. Borland. You're missing the point. At the end of the day you are all in the >>

@joshborland >> the same boat. All musicians struggle for something better. I wish you one day to enjoy the success @30SECONDSTOMARS do.

#366 Sin30stm

Sin30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

@joshborland is still at it ... he put up a twitpic of This Is War (Faces of Mars cover) and said he wouldn't pi$$ on it.
What a silly little lad, why go to the bother of photographing something for the sole purpose of hating on it?  Maybe he is a wee bit demented.

#367 mabo

mabo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,426 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:59 AM

Borland wants attention and he's getting it from you guys.

#368 Jhani

Jhani

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

Oh, hell...
I dont know if itīs because of all the =(/% press have done to the guy in my member image, but it reeeeaaly pisses me off to read ?)"·$% about 30STM.
I hold it together, though, and try to explain the truth as good as I can.

A really bad one was when everyone started saying 30stm were separating......they really scared the crap out of me!!

#369 Helenita

Helenita

totally glamoured by Mars Vamps

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:11 AM

There are something i want to express and tell, dunno if this is the right thread. It's nothing about josh borland, but other people who seem to have something against the band.

I've never writen in this thread but today i wanna do it. Today i've found a musical magazine here in Spain talking about TIW with an interview with Tomo. In the interview they said something more or less good about TIW, but then in the review (which is in the same article) they say that the album is so bad and ridiculous; saying 2 only songs were nice K&Q and TIW  blink.gif (Rockzone is the name of the magazine)

I know that everyone has their own opinions, and in music like in life there many different tastes; but this review come from people who had been spreading rumours about the band and teasing the fans for many time now. And of course i don't like them too much.

The point is that, is one of the most important musical magazines for teenagers and young people here in Spain. If we add that here the most important radio stations prefer national pop against international rock many of you will understand why the band is not so much famous in Spain.

So i wanna say now, that i think some day the band will have a great success here and perhaps they become on the top of the lists and sales, and perhaps they also will come to make a show here. If that happen, you have to be sure it will be thanks to the fans and to a very special person at EMI Spain, but no thanks to the radio stations, magazines, tvs, and media in general (of course there are exceptions) The fans have a hard work here  unsure.gif

That's all smile.gif

#370 *AttAck*

*AttAck*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:31 PM

http://www.clevescene.com/c-notes/archives...c-albums-series

#371 scinsocal

scinsocal

All Access Pass (PA)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (*AttAck* @ Jan 12 2010, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The very first definition in Webster's for "classic" is:  1 a : serving as a standard of excellence : of recognized value <classic literary works>

It does not have to mean something old.

#372 ChristineZ

ChristineZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (Larissa @ Oct 19 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed, setting the record straight is not jumping on anybody and everybody that does not idolize Jared Leto and/or 30 Seconds to Mars. Seeing some of these comments such as telling journalists to go fuck themselves and people tweeting saying to kill all the non believers is just downright embarrasing. There is a moment to say things, and if that moment is there and it is relevant to comment on it then atleast do it rational. Explain why, mention the reason and yes you should have a good explanation to back it up. Because one person's like can easily be anothers dislike. So I'd like to be able to respect both views. I don't ever think that this downright embarrasing behaviour is putting the band in ANY positive light dispite what your best intentions might be. Sometimes it's just better to let it go and not comment. Think before posting. It's not so much what you say, but how you say it that can cause quite some damage. Damage on the band, not the person you're trying to attack. Honestly often these comments/tweets say more about the person tweeting/writing it than the person they are attempting to discredit.

wub.gif  The smartest and most logical person on these boards.  Well said, Larissa.

#373 ChristineZ

ChristineZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

I've always avoided the critics, magazines and radio station opinions.
Most of the time they don't like the Artists they are bashing and at the same time are entitled to their opinions.
They say plenty of shit, much of the time cuz they get paid big bucks to say this or that and they really don't give a rats ass who they hurt in the process.
I always figured I'm entitiled to my opinions too so why bother with it all.

As long as an Artist is true to themselves, their fans, and their world around them nothing else should matter.

#374 JohannaK1978

JohannaK1978

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:59 AM

If someone doesn't like the band, gives them a bad review, writes shit about the band or Jared, Shannon and Tomo personally... who cares? We still love the music, right? I mean, I couldn't care less if it was played by a bunch of monkeys just as long as it sounds good and I like it.
And let's face it, most of the so called press is tabloids or some blogger writing random gossip, not journalism to be taken seriously. So not worth my time setting any records straight in any shape or form. I'll just put on the cd and enjoy the flow... wink.gif

#375 DTS ARCH ANGEL

DTS ARCH ANGEL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (ChristineZ @ Mar 11 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've always avoided the critics, magazines and radio station opinions.
Most of the time they don't like the Artists they are bashing and at the same time are entitled to their opinions.
They say plenty of shit, much of the time cuz they get paid big bucks to say this or that and they really don't give a rats ass who they hurt in the process.
I always figured I'm entitiled to my opinions too so why bother with it all.

As long as an Artist is true to themselves, their fans, and their world around them nothing else should matter.

I totally agree with you Christine, to me the only critic that matters to me is well.. Me! I do, however, think its complete and total BS when magazines/critics/radio stations what have you bash the band or any band for that matter just because they don't like what they are heaing or seeing. Some of them, IMO, take their criticizing a little too far like you said just because they get paid the big bucks to do so. And that is just rude, quite frankly a little bit childish, the critics can be rational they just choose not to because why should they care. The easiest thing for them is to judge another without ever really getting to know them, they already have their minds made up with in minutes of hearing the music or seeing just the exterior. And they also rarely ever consider the hard work that was put into the albums/work, but then again what do they know considering all they do is judge people and read from a monitor, or say stuff someone else is feeding them. The critics that do act like kids with the name calling and the band bashing should be called out on it but then that just means that the fan of that particular band has stooped to their level depending on their comments, so I say let those critics/radio stations/magazine people say what they are going to say and leave it be because in my eyes in the end they are the ones who look like fools.

But I steer clear from radio stations, magazines, critics that scrutinize people because they don't stand for or agree with the same thing they do. Which is why I make up my own opinion after hearing the music or seeing their work first hand.

#376 GLoomisLP477

GLoomisLP477

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:43 AM

I'm way late to this thread but one thing needs to be seriously pointed out. I'm in Utah and back in '02 I suggested to X96 (a local radio station) that they should play 30 seconds to mars, only to have the Dj reply that 30 seconds to mars sucked. Now fast forward to the last two shows 30stm played here and the program director of the station is up on stage introducing the band and kissing jared's ass. People in the media are dirty hangers-on that need bands like 30stm to either kiss their ass or stab them in the back. Haters hate and believers hold onto their faith and love of the music. There's always opposition, 30stm named the album This is War for a reason.

#377 MARSgirlX

MARSgirlX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (THIRTYSECONDSTOMARS @ Jul 8 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Support the band by commenting on negative press anywhere you might see it online.  Set the record straight.

Provehito In Altum

-MARS

I do this anyway if people sl*g of any music I like XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users