376 replies to this topic

#1 THIRTYSECONDSTOMARS

THIRTYSECONDSTOMARS

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

Support the band by commenting on negative press anywhere you might see it online.  Set the record straight.

Provehito In Altum

-MARS

#2 Lily_17

Lily_17

Lilybelle Lufflecakes...is ridiculously Canadian.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

This reminds me of Jared's comment at the Summit about how he had us to fight the online battles, or something.  Hahaha.   laugh.gif

My hope is that by 'set the record straight' people are calm and rational, instead of going beserk on people who may say things that are negative.  No sense stooping to their levels, hmm?

I've only seen one fairly negative thing recently, and it was just petty, and not even worth dignifying.  Yay jealousy.

Edit:  Surprisingly, what I just randomly read as comments from fans were actually quite well done in response.  smile.gif  Yay.  I'd much prefer seeing a well thought out reply than ZOMG U TTLY SUCK, UR JUST JELUS, ECHELONZ R COMING!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!  Quite frankly, that results in much headdesking.  Kind of like me trying to type that out.  Ow.

#3 Nine

Nine

BORN VILLAIN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

We will fight!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 ayousu

ayousu

Cheeky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

#5 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Nine @ Jul 8 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fortify........

wink.gif

QUOTE (ayousu @ Jul 8 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I do agree with what Lily said about being rational and courteous.

Mmmmm hmm.  It's just embarassing when people go totally over the top in their defenses.  Telling someone else they suck and know nothing doesn't make you (or the band) look very good.

#6 Soaring above...

Soaring above...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:56 PM

Hmm...Have you spoken directly to the those giving the negative press?  He said, she said never works as well as talking mano a mano.

#7 ImagineIfThisAllCameDown

ImagineIfThisAllCameDown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:57 PM

I'm not really sure as to what this is in reference to but Lily I agree. It actually makes me cringe from the otherside of my screen when I see those kind of comments.

Support, justify, explain, "set the record straight" (for) the band but please please do it in a way that doesn't make the band or the fanbase look like hormonal teenagers with limited vocabularies.

#8 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Soaring above... @ Jul 8 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm...Have you spoken directly to the those giving the negative press?  He said, she said never works as well as talking mano a mano.

True, unless it's something along the lines of 'man, that band totally blows chunks.'  In which case, hey.  Maybe point out that the band does not, in fact, blow chunks.  But instead is a) very talented b ) hard working and c) courteous to their fans.  Link a video or two.  Try and change the minds of the others who are reading the article thinking at first 'Fuck yeah!  Chunks!  Being blown!'

Now I sound like I'm just sucking up. laugh.gif  Awesome.  

QUOTE (ImagineIfThisAllCameDown @ Jul 8 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not really sure as to what this is in reference to but Lily I agree. It actually makes me cringe from the otherside of my screen when I see those kind of comments.

Support, justify, explain, "set the record straight" (for) the band but please please do it in a way that doesn't make the band or the fanbase look like hormonal teenagers with limited vocabularies.

Me too.  It's embarassing.

HAHAHAHA your second line.  Exactly.  It's not going to make anyone reading the article/comments want to check the band out, that's for sure.

#9 Green Eyes

Green Eyes

Roll Call: Official Loopy Birdie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

Yes, of course we will...

...and we will do it calmly and constructively  smile.gif

#10 ImagineIfThisAllCameDown

ImagineIfThisAllCameDown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Lily_17 @ Jul 8 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, unless it's something along the lines of 'man, that band totally blows chunks.'  In which case, hey.  Maybe point out that the band does not, in fact, blow chunks.  But instead is a) very talented b ) hard working and c) courteous to their fans.  Link a video or two.  Try and change the minds of the others who are reading the article thinking at first 'Fuck yeah!  Chunks!  Being blown!'

Now I sound like I'm just sucking up. laugh.gif  Awesome.  

Me too.  It's embarassing.
HAHAHAHA your second line.  Exactly.  It's not going to make anyone reading the article/comments want to check the band out, that's for sure.

Italics - I don't think you do.

Exactly! To be honest, if I read some that kind of exchange between two other fanbases (that kind of "Your band sucks" .... "Your band sucks more!!") I wouldn't then want to have a look at that bands music, or site or whatever. Make sense? I'm over tired  unsure.gif

I've just looked at the Twitter.... I'm really wondering what this is about. Surely the guys are used to adverse opinions and press regarding them (both personally and musically....) and this strikes me as odd? Hype building around the new album seems to be good.... I should just go to bed and not think about this laugh.gif

#11 gidget83

gidget83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:13 PM

http://www.spinner.com/2009/07/01/death-ca...tick-to-acting/

They may be refering to this article containing comments against Jared as a musician. The comments made are unfound and uncalled for.

#12 ayousu

ayousu

Cheeky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:16 PM

#13 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (ImagineIfThisAllCameDown @ Jul 8 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Italics - I don't think you do.

Exactly! To be honest, if I read some that kind of exchange between two other fanbases (that kind of "Your band sucks" .... "Your band sucks more!!") I wouldn't then want to have a look at that bands music, or site or whatever. Make sense? I'm over tired  unsure.gif

I've just looked at the Twitter.... I'm really wondering what this is about. Surely the guys are used to adverse opinions and press regarding them (both personally and musically....) and this strikes me as odd? Hype building around the new album seems to be good.... I should just go to bed and not think about this laugh.gif

Yay.  smile.gif

That's exactly it.  I read some youtube or myspace or article comments, and half the time I just think 'man, someone should seriously take away your computer.'  It's juvenile and ridiculous, and yeah.  Embarassing as a fan, to some extent.  Not that I'm personally embarassed or anything, but the headdesk factor, for sure.

It does seem a bit odd to me as well.  Maybe a game they're playing, who knows.

QUOTE (gidget83 @ Jul 8 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.spinner.com/2009/07/01/death-ca...tick-to-acting/

They may be refering to this article containing comments against Jared as a musician. The comments made are unfound and uncalled for.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand there you have it.  Watch the experiment?

#14 ImagineIfThisAllCameDown

ImagineIfThisAllCameDown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (ayousu @ Jul 8 2009, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nicely worded! :-)

Well, that just makes Gibbard come across as an idiot. Really.

Thank you.

And yes it did.

Thank you gidget83 for that link.

ETA:

Lily - Glad it's not just me and not just us! (As a fanbase I mean)
The experiment thing.... O God laugh.gif

It cannot just be that....? Surely....?

#15 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

No, I don't think it's just that.  It's just interesting to watch, once links to things have been posted...

Hopefully we won't need to bring out the pitchforks. wink.gif

#16 XxHanakoxX

XxHanakoxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Nine @ Jul 8 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed we will!

#17 Ananita

Ananita

Does this count as annoying?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

Sometimes articles are way to absurd to comment about them? But mostly I agree with Lily's first post on this thread.

#18 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

On a semi-random note (apologies if you've heard this), I remember one day when I was sitting in my room at my parents place, and my Dad came upstairs and kind of...tossed a piece of newspaper at me in disgust, and said "You're not going to like this."  Of course, I had no idea what he was talking about.  Turns out it was the usual 'actors/singers' thing, and was a little blurb about the S/T.  Before I could read the whole thing, Dad goes "Has he even LISTENED to the album??"  All annoyed-like.  I pretty much gaped at him, because I wasn't expecting him to a) care b ) be annoyed c ) rip out the piece of offending paper and show me.

Mostly, my Dad is awesome.  laugh.gif

Edit:  Scratch that, both my parents are.  They defend the band, and it's hilarious and cute at the same time.

#19 Becca0833

Becca0833

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Nine @ Jul 8 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Lily_17 @ Jul 8 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fortify........

Awww Lilllllyyyyyyyy!!! You got to it before I did ! sad.gif I love that song. It's a shame it was never put on record. I have it in my head now...

Funny I was just thinking of that song.

#20 Adeena

Adeena

Releasing my inner sociopath...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

Even negative press is still press.  And if it kept active by a logical and reasonable rebuttal, all the better  smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users