33 replies to this topic

#21 GhettoKameleon

GhettoKameleon

Barnaby Jones

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,814 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

Awesome!  Another way for non-fans to think that 30 fans are a bunch of FUCKING RETARDS.  God damn, you cannot actually be serious about this.  It's moronic, borderline insane, and at best, illegal.  Yeah, what great way to promote fuckwad.

#22 BlackSongBird

BlackSongBird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (GhettoKameleon @ Jul 20 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome!  Another way for non-fans to think that 30 fans are a bunch of FUCKING RETARDS.  God damn, you cannot actually be serious about this.  It's moronic, borderline insane, and at best, illegal.  Yeah, what great way to promote fuckwad.

Im sorry When did it become illegal to hold up signs, flags and pass out glifs out side of the MTV music awards??? Also the band did something like this a few years ago when they asked fans to come dressed in white. Remember the year they won the mtv 2 award? So is the band a bunch of fuckwads?? Cuz I'm just taking what they did and trying to do it bigger.

#23 JulyMars

JulyMars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

Yes I really think that is a little to much,
I mean it would not be a good look for the band!!!

And us as fans, I would not look good either, but that is just me,

Provehito In Altum

-JulyMars

#24 GhettoKameleon

GhettoKameleon

Barnaby Jones

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,814 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (BlackSongBird @ Jul 20 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im sorry When did it become illegal to hold up signs, flags and pass out glifs out side of the MTV music awards??? Also the band did something like this a few years ago when they asked fans to come dressed in white. Remember the year they won the mtv 2 award? So is the band a bunch of fuckwads?? Cuz I'm just taking what they did and trying to do it bigger.

For a mass gathering you need a *BUM BUM BUM* fucking PERMIT!  While the freedom to assemble is a right, you still need to go through the legal paperwork to keep from getting your ass pepper sprayed.  I very much doubt anyone here is actually going to try and get that going.

#25 BlackSongBird

BlackSongBird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (GhettoKameleon @ Jul 21 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For a mass gathering you need a *BUM BUM BUM* fucking PERMIT!  While the freedom to assemble is a right, you still need to go through the legal paperwork to keep from getting your ass pepper sprayed.  I very much doubt anyone here is actually going to try and get that going.

Have You ever been to the VMAS??? Cuz I have. I have been  2 time when it has been in NYC. People Line the Streets. 1000s of people go to stand out side the VMA's. People even camp out to be in the front. Ummm and Fans did it last time. So check your facts before you come down on people. I don't care if you don't like me but don't shit on an Idea cuz you don't like someone.

#26 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

I think I'm having a nervous breakdance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:43 AM

Um ... I'd wait until next year.  You know, when the band has actually (hopefully) brought something new out, giving a reason to promote.  It's ridiculous to focus that much attention on a band that hasn't done anything new in years.  Also, performing at the MTV awards?  What are they going to sing?  A Beautiful Lie?  

I'm with Ghetto but then less harshly worded, it would look lame.

Re: Permit -- I would think that random, non-affiliated people gathering on the street for a premier or a music video event is slightly different to a group of people gathering together to promote something.  You need a permit to do the second thing, as far as I am aware.  Just standing on the street, hoping to catch a glimpse of someone famous is permit-free.

#27 Elvira

Elvira

gone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:01 AM

We even needed a permit to give away flyers  rolleyes.gif

And they could always perform the Kill at the VMA's.

#28 Leavchip

Leavchip

The war within yourself is greater than the battle outside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,280 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:50 AM

The idea itself is a good idea and doable- but like Jo said- this is one of the ideas that needs to wait until a single at least has been released and we have something to promote there.  If they are performing the new single there then the gathering and showing as much support as possible is a wonderful idea...

#29 Nine

Nine

BORN VILLAIN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (BlackSongBird @ Jul 21 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't care if you don't like me but don't shit on an Idea cuz you don't like someone.

Why do you always capitalize the I in idea?

Just and Idea is the new Jack and Diane

#30 ChristineZ

ChristineZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (BlackSongBird @ Jul 1 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
opps my bad I thought this was a place to post Idea's on how to help spead the word. I guess I was wrong.  I think it would be a great way to make some noise for the band. The band said at the summit the US is slacking on the glif challange. I'm just trying to come up with some ideas to help out thats all.

Trying to catch up on much news from the summer.
Mizz, it's all good.  I think it's a great idea.  Maybe not for 2009 but very much maybe in
The UK with their award shows.

And if the US is lagging in the glyph assault competition, I wonder why.  dry.gif

#31 Phoenix_Soldier

Phoenix_Soldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

I agree that something like this should wait until the new album comes out and ontop of that we should wait until 30STM says whether or not they'll be performing at the VMA's because it would look pretty stupid for a few thousand people to be gathered together with masks, flags, signs ect. when the band isn't even there, what would be the point of that? "Hey buy this album! Where's the band? oh at home of course!"

I'm not being a bitch just saying y'know?

#32 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

well yeah and the 2009 VMA's already happened a few weeks ago so... kind of a moot point now

#33 Phoenix_Soldier

Phoenix_Soldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

Good point, I'm not exactly an MTV watcher...or a t.v watcher for that matter so I didn't even know that lmao!

#34 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:41 PM

well I might have forgotten as well cause I hardly ever watch those things either but the whole kanye/taylor swift thing... yeah tongue.gif

Who knows what the 2010 VMA's might have in store for the lot of us... oh. Dream a little dream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users