#21 Rutta

Rutta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Gadina @ Jun 29 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I have a question: When some of the ideas are starting to get more attention, should the one who suggested it make an own topic for it so that this one won't get too chaotic? It might be quite hard to try and plan things if there are 10 other plans going on as well.

Probably a good idea, since there will be a million replies of "Great idea" ect ect

EDIT: And I was the only one thinking that was a good idea, so nevermind  wink.gif

#22 3volved

3volved

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Gadina @ Jun 29 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I have a question: When some of the ideas are starting to get more attention, should the one who suggested it make an own topic for it so that this one won't get too chaotic? It might be quite hard to try and plan things if there are 10 other plans going on as well.

That would be feasible during an implementation phase of such a project, but as of right now we're just tossing around ideas...brainstorming if you will.  I would actually like to see the band pick out ideas they like and create new threads for them, just so we know they agree with them and we have their support.

#23 sonicvision

sonicvision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Gadina @ Jun 29 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's a good question and it appears to me that you've actually answered it wisely...the idea gets a topic thread!

Your question and answer created a new question:

How/when would the idea get a topic thread, what would be the determining factor??

*pats Gadina on the back*

#24 Elvira

Elvira

gone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

How about we leave this thread for brainstorming only and let the people who will end up in The Hive make the decision?

#25 Jenni6277

Jenni6277

also known as Gadina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (3volved @ Jun 29 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be feasible during an implementation phase of such a project, but as of right now we're just tossing around ideas...brainstorming if you will.  I would actually like to see the band pick out ideas they like and create new threads for them, just so we know they agree with them and we have their support.

edit.

I think that would be the best option. (if they can keep up with the ideas)

#26 3volved

3volved

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Gadina @ Jun 29 2009, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
edit.

I think that would be the best option. (if they can keep up with the ideas)

Well, honestly, if they want us to work for them, they need to put in the effort as well.  I know they're busy, but free promotion is free promotion.  Amirite?  biggrin.gif

#27 piewacket

piewacket

ALWAYS... look beneath the skin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

had this Idea , that as the new colour is black that this would look good , if everyone possible wore them ,

plain or decorated , bulk bought they could be quite cheap or maybe decorate our own ?

Tequilasam says she can get them for around 2 locally

#28 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (piewacket @ Jun 29 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
had this Idea , that as the new colour is black that this would look good , if everyone possible wore them ,

plain or decorated , bulk bought they could be quite cheap or maybe decorate our own ?

Though I am not quite sure what and where you plan to use the masks... some kind of mass publicity stunt to gain attention for example? Or at a current event, like festival etc? Maybe there is a summer carnival around your area or something and make these as giveaways... or prizes for a contest on "Band Questions" or have a competition on who can make the most creative mask... and give a tshirt as a prize (maybe we can get a donation from the band lol)... I dunno just firing away a bit.

Here's a mask btw I made for the Amsterdam concert, where our theme was "Killer Red Night, A Masked Ball". Wrong colors of course now. Phoenix would be red now or what? laugh.gif

Got plenty of ideas buzzing in my mind, will look to put them in paper and structure them a bit. Will post then...

#29 Jenni6277

Jenni6277

also known as Gadina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (piewacket @ Jun 29 2009, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm.. Maybe we could use this when me and some Finnish echelon are going to see the Eurovision Song Contest winner Alexander Rybak next month. We are planning to put on the MARS gear. We would look cool in black masks. Oh, and it's a LIVE tv show btw.  biggrin.gif

#30 Seneca

Seneca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (piewacket @ Jun 29 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooh! I had one of these hanging up 'til recently...dunno if I still have it - they are cheap - I used mine as a prop at work ph34r.gif  - it was plain black tho - can't remember where I got it...  worth looking  into though??  smile.gif

#31 piewacket

piewacket

ALWAYS... look beneath the skin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

I was thinking to do at shows as we will be all in black  smile.gif

#32 Seneca

Seneca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Larissa @ Jun 29 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a mask btw I made for the Amsterdam concert, where our theme was "Killer Red Night, A Masked Ball". Wrong colors of course now. Phoenix would be red now or what? laugh.gif

Wow! I got goosebumps!!! (And it's boiling here!) I like this idea...black gear, black masks? Or am I going somewhere I shouldn't... unsure.gif

(God, I'm slow at posting!)

#33 Angeltears

Angeltears

Nothing ever happends the same the second time around

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (piewacket @ Jun 29 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking to do at shows as we will be all in black  smile.gif

ow that would be spooky!

#34 Melisande

Melisande

Mommy of the Plushie Shuriken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Gadina @ Jun 29 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I want to do a Free Hugs -campaign and add 30 Seconds to Mars in it.

I've seen people do it with tshirts instead of signs that say "FREE HUGS" you could make a shirt with "FREE HUGS" on the front side, and the name of the band/logo on the back. Specially effective if you have a group of people with the same shirts doing something like this.

QUOTE (sonicvision @ Jun 29 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you guys think about geocaching?

It'd be fun, I've done it with a friend of mine before, however I don't have the GPS equipment to do it myself. I know there's one hidden in my local library (inside a book) and I'm pretty sure there's another one hidden in the dunes near here (but it might've been taken out, it's been years). But after that, I'm pretty much stuck. Will try and put a sticker or pin in those two though.
And I can't ask my friend to help, cause he passed away several years ago sad.gif

QUOTE (3volved @ Jun 29 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I honestly think the best kind of publicity we can do for them would be along the lines of designing some tshirts, getting a group together and cleaning up a park, donating blood, working for a couple hours in a soup kitchen or something like that.  We need to do some good and advertise without really trying to advertise.

Though I really don't feel like we'd really represent the band without either their direct endorsement or acknowledgment of the project.

Just my 2 cents...

I'd definately help clean up a park or help in a soup kitchen or anything like that, but there will be no needles coming anywhere near me! But that's just me, and I think it's awesome if people do that.
However I don't see why we need the endorsement or acknowlegement. Any of that will be greatly appreciated without it, and it'd just be an extra if it got attention to the band.
But feel free to explain.

#35 Angeltears

Angeltears

Nothing ever happends the same the second time around

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Larissa @ Jun 29 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though I am not quite sure what and where you plan to use the masks... some kind of mass publicity stunt to gain attention for example? Or at a current event, like festival etc? Maybe there is a summer carnival around your area or something and make these as giveaways... or prizes for a contest on "Band Questions" or have a competition on who can make the most creative mask... and give a tshirt as a prize (maybe we can get a donation from the band lol)... I dunno just firing away a bit.

Got plenty of ideas buzzing in my mind, will look to put them in paper and structure them a bit. Will post then...

that looks way cooler then mine ever did!

#36 wildhorses

wildhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

Ok don't shoot me, I don't know how workable this could be but...

I had an idea that I wanted to suggest to the french board when the album release would be scheduled but since this topic is open, here it is:

We have a place in Paris near the Seine where people gather, play some music, dance and so on... I guess there are also such places all around the world.
I thought, when the release is announced, people could gather together, if the band agrees, play some of their music with a banner showing 30 seconds to mars is back or anything else everybody would agree on and distribute flyers with the new album brand. To make it even more festive, everybody could simply bring a bottle of fruits juice and offer a drink with the flyer.
We could videotape it and take pictures. Select the best of it and gather it all from all countries which could have participated.
Then send it to our local trade press and we would just have to cross fingers that they use it to support the coming album.
Anyway, it could be used on all our blogs and web sites...
Of course, this would only work if the album release is announce while the weather is still permetting it.

Sorry if you think this is a stupid idea, I am not quite sure myself  rolleyes.gif

#37 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

I think I'm having a nervous breakdance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

An idea that Shannon Ledbetter of HfH Liverpool and I were throwing around was getting bands (local or big names) to perform on site on a Sunday to give the project more attention.  In a BBQ or mini festival setting.

30 could use this idea as well to help out that or other charities.  Gives them face time with publicity and gives any number of charities a boost.  Entry fee to the mini festival could go straight to the charity in question.

#38 Nossing

Nossing

Some people need a reality check

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (TeachJoanne @ Jun 29 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An idea that Shannon Ledbetter of HfH Liverpool and I were throwing around was getting bands (local or big names) to perform on site on a Sunday to give the project more attention. In a BBQ or mini festival setting.

30 could use this idea as well to help out that or other charities. Gives them face time with publicity and gives any number of charities a boost. Entry fee to the mini festival could go straight to the charity in question.

I remember that conversation. biggrin.gif  wub.gif

Very good idea. Not just for LHfH and their desperately needed road.

#39 TeachJoanne

TeachJoanne

I think I'm having a nervous breakdance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,941 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Nossing @ Jun 29 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember that conversation. biggrin.gif  wub.gif

Very good idea. Not just for LHfH and their desperately needed road.

Is it silly that I am still hoping the band will just up and decide to do it?  tongue.gif  

Hey band?  Liverpool is really awesome ... BBQ festival on the LHfH site this summer?  biggrin.gif

I won't make fun of any of you for a whole year if you do it.

#40 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:27 PM

Very nice idea wildhorses!!!

I definately think we need to look for some of those photoshop and moviemaker experts here that have done some incredible work in the past (and hopefully in the future). So much is happening interactive out on the web that there are so many options to place / plan something there.

Nice example is Ellen who made this for the glyphics assault:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRgNddn2A6Y

Also to get some structure... maybe (once we have some ideas) we can look at categorizing things, to show people in different situations (I hear of so many people saying they are the only ones in their area) and who have different resources how they can make a good impact and be effective.

1. online options (whether it is banners / films / viral attempts / twitter / facebook / myspace / own webpages etc)
2. small local actions (things that can be done in small groups or on your own in person)
3. medium local actions (expanding above)
4. large, maybe larger area actions (all in person, whether it's some street promo, or some publicity stunt)
5. media focused (tv/radio - or award shows)

etc etc etc .... I'll be back later have some stuff to do. But buzzing is still going on... laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users