#1 Elvira

Elvira

gone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (THIRTYSECONDSTOMARS @ Jun 26 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Essentially, The Hive is a collective that will be focused on spearheading, developing and executing creative ideas to further the MARS experience, on developing and pushing MARS missions worldwide, on rallying the troops and spreading the good word online and offline about everything THIRTYSECONDSTOMARS.

This forum is where you may start to discuss any and all Mission ideas, tactics, strategies and dreams.

In this thread you can post all of your ideas for new missions or promo's. There is only one rule: don't talk about Creative Team Purple Crayon an idea can't be wrong.

No matter how crazy an idea sounds- never ever tell someone how stupid it is. Instead, use it to develop a more executable one. Basicaly, we're in the First Room of Disney. Wut? Read about it here, it's on the first page.

Why did I start this thread when the actual Hive-members aren't even chosen yet? Well, because it's MARS and we can wait a loooooong time for new information. And besides, I think a lot of us have great ideas, but won't be able to participate in The Hive. It would be a shame if those ideas would never be noticed. smile.gif

Have fun, and remember: we're in the first room of Disney, so play nice.

#2 Nossing

Nossing

Some people need a reality check

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

You're on a roll. Great! Will come back later or sooner with ideas/suggestions if my brain wants to let go of them.

#3 scinsocal

scinsocal

All Access Pass (PA)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

Very productive thread!  Great ideas already.  Thanks Elvira!

#4 ainigrivana

ainigrivana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:25 AM

Well, you're right... if we don't start showing our ideas maybe they never be realized. And not all of us are gonig to be part of the team, so... i will start thinking and maybe soon I'll get an idea...

#5 scinsocal

scinsocal

All Access Pass (PA)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:27 AM

Apparently, I am unable to send more than one PM in a lifetime, so I will have to answer you here.

My post was honest and I was saying thank you and hoping to encourage more threads like this one.  I am not sure if there is a break down in communications or what, but I do not feel that anything that I have said to you has been rude or mean.

On the other hand, you calling me a bitch is pretty uncalled for.

#6 Elvira

Elvira

gone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (scinsocal @ Jun 29 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently, I am unable to send more than one PM in a lifetime, so I will have to answer you here.

My post was honest and I was saying thank you and hoping to encourage more threads like this one.  I am not sure if there is a break down in communications or what, but I do not feel that anything that I have said to you has been rude or mean.

On the other hand, you calling me a bitch is pretty uncalled for.

Your post came across as very sarcastic, because it was just the 3rd post here and there were no suggestions yet.
Your other post directed to me also came across as sarcastic and patronizing.

Hence my PM because I really feel like you're trying to pull me down.

#7 Leavchip

Leavchip

The war within yourself is greater than the battle outside

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,280 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:41 AM

Progressive dinner, scanvenger hunt or a road rally type event - get the local radio station and restaurants involved in order to go to check points in the city or area you live in.  The team or person who collects the most or proper amount of points either wins tickets/music/tee shirts/meet & greet with the band when they come to their city/state/country for the tour......

I am being vague on the full details of the idea because each person/streetteam/country can expand upon the idea to fit their area...

#8 Angeltears

Angeltears

Nothing ever happends the same the second time around

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

Well done elvira! let the idea's flow people *starts thinking*

#9 Jenni6277

Jenni6277

also known as Gadina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

Thank you for opening this topic Elvira!

I've had this idea since the Glyphic Assault started but I haven't executed it yet because I think it needs something more..and I hope that maybe you guys have some ideas or suggestions.

So, I want to do a Free Hugs -campaign and add 30 Seconds to Mars in it. I did my personal campaign last summer and I loved it! I did it by myself and I had this huge sign that said "FREE HUGS". Then I walked at downtown asking people if they wanted to get hugged. Some did and some didn't. Some laughed and some looked at me like I was crazy. But the feedback I got was heart warming; "It's so nice that you are doing this because there is so much bad in this world." This was the reason I wanted to do it!

Adding the band in it would be interesting because I think that people would associate it and the hugs = good publicity. And maybe we could get medias attention too.

Suggestions from you guys is just one reason I wanted to share this here. Other reason is that I was secretly hoping that maybe we could do this campaign globally. It would probably cause buzz when hundreads of people are doing this.

I thought that I would cover myself in glyphics but then it crossed my mind that people wouldn't want to hug if I'm covered in some strange symbols. So I need to figure out something else.

Now, I don't know if you are "huggers" and if we can add the MARS theme in the campaign but I want to give this a chance and see if this is doable.

So, let me know what you think.

Thanks.

#10 Rutta

Rutta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

I like the scanvenger hunt idea!

This idea might not work everywhere, but video requests for your local TV stations musicvideo request show (or whatever you have in your area). Once the new album gets here and your echelon team does some promo-event  together, bring a video camera and tape the whole group yelling a request for the newest single.

In Denmark we only have one music show on tv that shows 30stm videos (Boogie). In 2007 we sent them a screenshot of our website and requested... ehm... From Yesterday I think? Doesn't matter, moving on. They showed our website on national tv before playing the song... and we actually got quite a few new members right after it aired.

Again, might not work everywhere, but some small place like Denmark where nothing exciting happens, the stations welcome creative stuff like that.

EDIT: I love that idea Gadina (It reminds me of something from Jackass  laugh.gif no idea why). I'm kind of blank right now, but if a few details were added, I definitely think we could do this in Denmark too.

#11 sonicvision

sonicvision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Gadina @ Jun 29 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for opening this topic Elvira!

I've had this idea since the Glyphic Assault started but I haven't executed it yet because I think it needs something more..and I hope that maybe you guys have some ideas or suggestions.

So, I want to do a Free Hugs -campaign and add 30 Seconds to Mars in it. I did my personal campaign last summer and I loved it! I did it by myself and I had this huge sign that said "FREE HUGS". Then I walked at downtown asking people if they wanted to get hugged. Some did and some didn't. Some laughed and some looked at me like I was crazy. But the feedback I got was heart warming; "It's so nice that you are doing this because there is so much bad in this world." This was the reason I wanted to do it!

Adding the band in it would be interesting because I think that people would associate it and the hugs = good publicity. And maybe we could get medias attention too.

Suggestions from you guys is just one reason I wanted to share this here. Other reason is that I was secretly hoping that maybe we could do this campaign globally. It would probably cause buzz when hundreads of people are doing this.

I thought that I would cover myself in glyphics but then it crossed my mind that people wouldn't want to hug if I'm covered in some strange symbols. So I need to figure out something else.

Now, I don't know if you are "huggers" and if we can add the MARS theme in the campaign but I want to give this a chance and see if this is doable.

So, let me know what you think.

Thanks.

I like this idea! Now how to make it 'from 30STM' I don't suppose people would hug puppets that look like the band members? ....or would they?...hmmmm

#12 Jenni6277

Jenni6277

also known as Gadina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (sonicvision @ Jun 29 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like this idea! Now how to make it 'from 30STM' I don't suppose people would hug puppets that look like the band members? ....or would they?...hmmmm

Maybe if we print their faces and put them on as masks.  tongue.gif

#13 Angeltears

Angeltears

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

we try to avoide using the bands faces like anywhere when doing promo that like an unwritten rule lol!

Edit:Unless there like ph34r.gif away!

#14 sonicvision

sonicvision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

I posted this in the Pinned thread too: in case it was in the wrong spot,  here it is :

"This forum is where you may start to discuss any and all Mission ideas, tactics, strategies and dreams."

Moving forward...

What do you guys think about geocaching?

It's a big hobby here in USA. You place a box, object, sometimes a log book, or a geo-coin, toy, whatever, in the box.
You use your handheld GPS to stash it somewhere.
Then post clues, hints, tidbits of trivia in your local geocaching website, for those who like to 'hunt for geocaching treasure' for them to find it.
You put your instructions in the box; the finder logs into the book; and they can either take/replace the toys, and if there's a coin/ take the coin and put it into another geocache location so it 'travels'.
All interaction gets logged in on the local geocache site and whatever site you wanna log it into. We could make a twitter for it.

Sort of an adult technological scavenger hunt. Pure FUN. Gets people OUT of the house.

Think we could use our ninja skills to anonymously place some 30STM's /ABL's stuff into existing geocaches and see what reactions we get??

You know, ablorg links, stickers, pins, glyphs, cryptic notes, glyph flags, maybe leave some tickets to a movie, gift cards, even a homemade t-shirt, nothing super expensive BUT ALL with a link to here or twitter or whatever we can set up.

Some geocaches are only reachable by boat (my brother's for instance, you have to kayak out to the island to find it). Some are in parks.

If we think this would be a fun thing to do, we could try to infiltrate our local geocaches all on the same weekend or week, and send them all to twitter to report their findings.

What do you think? I may just infiltrate the geocaches in my area for a test run and see what happens!

EDITED: oops I need to clarify my thought on the geocaching!

My thought was that we'd use it to introduce/promote the band's new album and ablorg to NEW people, recruit new fans. More along the lines of a pay it forward theme. no competition involved really, just a fun way in creating an awareness.

But if it was going to be a competition, that would be some major work, major rules and all. Totally do-able though. It's been done for prizes before by major movie companies, car companies. That'd be up to the band's approval and need all sorts of legal-eeze.

My geocache idea is for creating a 'buzz', fun, awareness, AND major twittering responses.

#15 StassY

StassY

aka RippinKitten.Red-flag-girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

I propose to make a contest for a new album cover)

#16 3volved

3volved

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

I honestly think the best kind of publicity we can do for them would be along the lines of designing some tshirts, getting a group together and cleaning up a park, donating blood, working for a couple hours in a soup kitchen or something like that.  We need to do some good and advertise without really trying to advertise.

Though I really don't feel like we'd really represent the band without either their direct endorsement or acknowledgment of the project.

Just my 2 cents...

#17 Jenni6277

Jenni6277

also known as Gadina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Angeltears @ Jun 29 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we try to avoide using the bands faces like anywhere when doing promo that like an unwritten rule lol!

Edit:Unless there like ph34r.gif away!

It was a joke.  wink.gif

#18 sonicvision

sonicvision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (3volved @ Jun 29 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I honestly think the best kind of publicity we can do for them would be along the lines of designing some tshirts, getting a group together and cleaning up a park, donating blood, working for a couple hours in a soup kitchen or something like that.  We need to do some good and advertise without really trying to advertise.

Though I really don't feel like we'd really represent the band without either their direct endorsement or acknowledgment of the project.

Just my 2 cents...

I like this! I'm adding my 2 cents to yours, now there's 4 cents!!

#19 Jenni6277

Jenni6277

also known as Gadina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:28 PM

Ok, I have a question: When some of the ideas are starting to get more attention, should the one who suggested it make an own topic for it so that this one won't get too chaotic? It might be quite hard to try and plan things if there are 10 other plans going on as well.

#20 Angeltears

Angeltears

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

no becouse that will become caotic aswell ceep them in here! unless it's a really really really big idea you can always ask a mod if it's oke to make a new topic but i think ceep most of it in here..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users