#5841 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

View PostAstupitgirl, on 02 June 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

I'm sorry but twitter has done nothing to any perception with how 30 fans act.  Where have you been? Fans have been acting the way they have long before twitter. I don't really use it and it's kind of dumb but you can't blame twitter for how the fans act.
Well if you had read/quoted past that one line out of many 6 months ago, then maybe your comprehension of my thought process would have been better.

Here are the major portions of that post with supporting points bolded for your convenience. Let's try this again, shall we?

View PostCandyO, on 09 February 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

What I dislike is what twitter has done to the outsiders perception of what a THIRTYSECONDSTOMARS fan is these days. Twitter + Mars in the beginning was actually kinda fun. I participated in a few Trending Topic back in the day, when they meant something. Like the night TIW was released. But around the release of the CD, it became fangirl central. People were no longer finding this board, registering, joinng in and learning stuff because it was much easier to just tweet the band with sexual fantasies, badgering them to come to XYZ country or begging for a RT for a birthday or cause someone died. It just got gross. Gradually I stopped participating in Mars stuff because it felt like guilt by association. If I am in the @30SECONDSTOMARS feed, then I am appearing next to the freaks who are cyber stalking the band.

I like your post. No, it is not normal behavior however, it is the new norm of the "real dedicated fans forever we will die for you!". It just keeps getting worse and worse. Today I stumbled across a tweet that was super special; something like "you better RT me soon or I will rape you! echelon love x0x0 LOL" ... jesus.

So, how new to the band are you? I really would like to hear from someone who is level headed, found the band recently and upon seeing the stuff on twitter, felt a sense of ick. How many new fans who are not freaks have pulled back because there is just a little too much freaky going on around Mars?

Back in the day, the wierdo fangirls were the exception to the rule, even if only because they were laying low. Currently, the bus lickers seem to be in the majority because twitter allows them to let it all hang out. Leaving the rest of us to retreat to the shadows... embarrassed & disoriented.
So one the one hand, yes, there have been fans acting that way long before Twitter ever came into being. I have been right here, and I watched them come and run off again. Twitter is not to blame for how those fans act, but Twitter certainly allows them to feel empowered to "let it all out" to get the attention of the band.

The perception of how Mars fans act has everything to do with Twitter, and facebook/tumbler/etc. Anyone can search Twitter and if you plug in @30secondstomars on any given day, the results are... drink worthy. Any outsider has access; a brand new fan, a journalist, a DJ. All of them can see the tomfoolery associated with the Mars fans and the band in real time. Some might think it's "cute" some might think it's silly and some will think it's uncomfortably wierd.

Which is why I rarely mention them anymore. Except when I get hopped up on copyright infringements. Everyone has a weak spot.

VanillaMint I can't believe you won't add random accounts. What about Terry Richardson? He takes pics of the band all the time. He should be added! You are so mean. :(
;)

#5842 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

Jared has been tweeting up a storm on twitter for the past 3 days. He finally got the triad tattoo he's been threatening to get and tweeted that he would show us the photo of it SOON. I wonder on which part of his body he inked it. Any guesses?

Jared introduced and declared today, June 3, as the official Mars Tattoo Day.

He also shared oodles of fan Mars tattoo photos. I am not a tattoo fan but I saw some beautiful ones. Here's the best one, which wins the Gem tattoo contest (if I ever held one):

Russian Fan Mars Tattoo

#5843 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:51 PM

One of Jared's tweets today: "499,325 freaks, friends, and perverts following me. Who's gonna be my 500,000th?" So I asked him which one he wanted his 500,000th follower to be. :lol:

#5844 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Someone just tweeted to J: "you are at 500,063 followers now....I think mostly freaks and perverts."

He tweeted back: "Hope so" :lol:

#5845 Farhanmuh

Farhanmuh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:14 PM

followed all  :)

#5846 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

Haha seems somebody has taken to ehm tweeting himself or rather his alter ego...

Bartholomew Cubbins Twitter

And he has tumblr, yes be afraid. Be very afraid.

http://bartholomewcubbins.tumblr.com/

#5847 Ivy_Burrows

Ivy_Burrows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:40 PM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 01 September 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

Haha seems somebody has taken to ehm tweeting himself or rather his alter ego...

Bartholomew Cubbins Twitter

And he has tumblr, yes be afraid. Be very afraid.

http://bartholomewcubbins.tumblr.com/
God, he's so...gone nuts. :rolleyes:

Now I'm thinking about Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde...waiting for the moment when the dark B. Cubbins side is totally taking over....muhahahahaha. :P

#5848 angeldreeva

angeldreeva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

Just how Immobilien Bremen simple can it be to yank the actual actually leaves out and about and exchange these individuals? Be sure you constantly measure this height of your kitchen table to help cover that a chairs will match in a relaxed manner under. A new home can be usually about 30" through the surface, letting the couch height of up to 18" in order to quickly suit. They are questions Immobilien Bremen you'll need responded to prior to deciding to make your final decision about that kitchen table to purchase. If you are purchasing a dresser, buffet, nightstand or any piece of furniture that has compartments equivalent structural questions implement. Even though the type in addition to finish are important you will find different points to consider. Perform this drawers use a fall locking program that will stops them Immobilien Bremen by cracking open all the way up and also receding? It is particularly important for those who have small children or seniors mom and dad located in the home. Can certainly the particular bureau end up being mounted towards the wall pertaining to safe practices reasons? Really does the dresser include easy slip drawers which open as well as close easily? Vintage or maybe Immobilien Bremen hand-me-down things will not always in accordance with safety expectations and so stay away from inserting utilized furnishings inside a youngster's place. Upholstered furniture pieces say for example a lounge, loveseat or maybe clb seat likewise have structural elements to consider. Undoubtedly this ease and comfort aspect is very important. Cheaper than 500 time worth connected with coursework, a course inside nail bed technology Immobilien Hude it's possible done and also is ideal for part-time college students. Hands-on training is often offered with regard to toenail building, manicures, pedicures, as well as hand as well as ft . rub. Requesting comparable Immobilien Hude amount of a long time, Make-up artisan plans are generally regarding learners which might be keen on the particular skilled program of make-up and prostheses regarding costuming, hairpiece software and also layout, amongst others. Immobilien Bremen Immobilien Bremen Immobilien Hude

#5849 angeldreeva

angeldreeva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:04 AM

Exactly how Immobilien Bremen simple will it be to be able to pull this actually leaves available and substitute these individuals? Remember to often measure your top of an dining room table to help ensure that your particular seats will probably healthy comfortably beneath. Some sort of table is usually usually concerning 30" in the surface, allowing a new seats height of up to 18" to be able to very easily suit. These are generally concerns Immobilien Bremen you will need clarified when you help make your choice regarding which dining room table to get. In case you are getting a cabinet, buffet, nightstand or perhaps almost any piece of furniture containing drawers comparable structural concerns implement. While the fashion along with complete are crucial you can find some other points to consider. Do the actual storage employ a fall locking program that puts a stop to them Immobilien Hude via cracking open completely in addition to falling out? This can be specially important in case you have children or older moms and dads dwelling in the home. Could the actual bureau always be positioned for the wall structure regarding basic safety requirements? Can the particular dresser possess easy slip storage which open and near smoothly? Classic or maybe Immobilien Bremen hand-me-down products will never usually in accordance with safe practices standards therefore don't use setting utilised furnishings in a very youngster's location. Upholstered furnishings such as a couch, loveseat or even golf club chair also have structural aspects to contemplate. Undoubtedly your convenience factor is very important. Cheaper than 500 time really worth regarding coursework, a course in nail engineering Immobilien Bremen maybe done and is perfect for part-time individuals. Hands-on training is often presented regarding claw toning, manicures, pedicures, in addition to give along with foot massage therapy. Demanding a comparable Immobilien Hude amount of hrs, Make-up artist software programs usually are intended for college students which are considering the expert request regarding cosmetic makeup products and also prostheses for costuming, hairpiece request and also style, amongst others. Immobilien Bremen Immobilien Bremen Immobilien Bremen

#5850 angeldreeva

angeldreeva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:08 AM

How Immobilien Bremen easy would it be for you to yank this leaves away and also exchange these people? Make sure constantly calculate your level of a dining room table in order to insure your ergonomic chairs will certainly match perfectly under. Some sort of table will be frequently regarding 30" on the terrain, making it possible for some sort of seat top of up to 18" to effortlessly healthy. These are generally concerns Immobilien Hude you will need responded prior to deciding to make your own preference in respect of which often table to order. In case you are getting a bureau, buffet, nightstand or just about any furniture piece which has drawers related structural concerns apply. While the design and also finish off are essential you'll find additional items to consider. Do the particular storage have a slip locking system of which stops all of them Immobilien Bremen from opening entirely and falling out in clumps? It is particularly crucial in case you have small children as well as older moms and dads dwelling in your own home. Can certainly the actual table dresser possibly be mounted towards wall structure pertaining to basic safety purposes? Will the particular chest of drawers include effortless move compartments that open in addition to in close proximity efficiently? Antique as well as Immobilien Hude hand-me-down goods won't usually conform to basic safety criteria consequently avoid inserting used furnishings in the children's location. Upholstered furniture pieces like a settee, loveseat as well as team easy chair likewise have structural aspects to take into account. Certainly the ease factor is vital. For under four hundred several hours worth of coursework, an application within nail engineering Immobilien Bremen it's possible done in addition to is ideal for part-time college students. Hands-on education is often provided with regard to nail bed toning, manicures, pedicures, in addition to give and also ft . massage. Demanding on the same Immobilien Hude volume of hours, Make-up performer applications are with regard to learners which are considering the particular expert app regarding makeup along with prostheses for costuming, hairpiece program along with pattern, amongst others. Immobilien Hude Immobilien Hude Immobilien Hude

#5851 A N D R E

A N D R E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

be my friends, and i'll be your friends. go follow me @andrekundrew on twitter ;D

#5852 aseaofstars

aseaofstars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:30 AM

do people even use myspace anymore?

#5853 msveritova

msveritova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:32 AM

Amazingly!!! Изумительно !!!    
--    
mafia

#5854 LastTear

LastTear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

Cool. I am going to follow everyone who has a connection with 30STM. BTW my twitter is @scream_aim if anyone whats too follow me lol....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users