1057 replies to this topic

#1041 I.R.A

I.R.A

BULLSEYE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

I had to watch it again to undertsand it aswell, but it really is the most interesting movie i have seen by far.

#1042 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

Got two copies now, the first did not have subtitles and was in a thin plastic sleeve. The second version is a normal dvd case, and has subtitiles. Think I paid about 26.00 shipped, so pretty good. Gave the first one away.

#1043 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

On Tuesday, I made a phone call to Netflix's customer service number, and inquired to the incredibly genial lady whom took my call in interest to the suggestion that they add Mr. Nobody to their catalogue of available films for one to rent out and receive in the mail... to my delight, she responded that she would indeed place a request to the department whom is in charge of which movies are available for customers to rent out, to check into allotting this film for rental and instant streaming! :)

#1044 Siduri

Siduri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

So I finally ordered Mr. Nobody from Amazon. Yay? There's a question mark there because I'm confused.

In waiting for the DVD to arrive, I found a few places to watch it online. The confusing part is that I found two different edits; one is 133 minutes long, the other 153 minutes long (both including credits). Obviously the longer film made much more sense, as it was more complete. Since Amazon doesn't list the run time for the film, I'm curious as to which one I'm going to get.

So for those of you who own the DVD, what's the run time? (and I've already checked the Wikipedia page for the film; it says 138 minutes, which just further confuses me).

#1045 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

There are two versions, the cinema version and the directors cut. That'd explain the difference in length as the directors cut has more scenes.

#1046 Zharla

Zharla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

I watched that movie with my folks:P They didn't really like it though,so in the end I had to watch it alone.It was a bit confusing,and I had to watch it two times to get something out of it,but I still liked it a lot:D And the "Making The Film"-thing was very interesting.

#1047 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:50 AM

http://blogs.indepen...hey-kick-yours/

interview

#1048 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

Finally, I had enough of waiting for Netflix or any library in my state to possess a copy of Mr. Nobody, so earlier this week, I ordered it from Amazon... three days later, I am ecstatic to discover it in my mailbox! :)

#1049 Draco Rattus

Draco Rattus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

View PostCoco Converse, on 15 October 2011 - 10:35 AM, said:

Finally, I had enough of waiting for Netflix or any library in my state to possess a copy of Mr. Nobody, so earlier this week, I ordered it from Amazon... three days later, I am ecstatic to discover it in my mailbox! :)

Yay!  :D  I bought mine a couple of weeks ago, and then my X-Box broke so I can't watch DVDs on my TV any more!

#1050 danabeaton

danabeaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

Omg, I LOVED this film!

This one and Almost Famous are my top two.

I was really just waiting for something with a theme like this... questioning life, memories, imagination, etc.

#1051 foxx

foxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:09 AM

Well, isn't that interesting, that I am writing my reply on year 2011, two years after the movie has came out. That actually was the first movie I saw Jared in. His actor's talent is undescribable, literally gorgeous. And that, I may say, is one of the things why their (30STM) music videos are so powerful, for example, Hurricane's clip. Do you disagree? Ofcourse, the song and the made up atmosphere, but Jared by his faces (mostly eyes, I think)and moves increases it even more.
What can I say about the movie- it was thoughtful, made me think a lot, it had so much beautiful scenes, in some way I even want to call it an art movie.

#1052 I.R.A

I.R.A

BULLSEYE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

View PostZharla, on 21 September 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

I watched that movie with my folks:P They didn't really like it though,so in the end I had to watch it alone.It was a bit confusing,and I had to watch it two times to get something out of it,but I still liked it a lot:D And the "Making The Film"-thing was very interesting.
That sucks. I realy enjoyed the movie. sometimes people don't like what they can't comprehend. They like it easy and not so difficult. So this movie isnt for any of my folks. just for me. Definitly one of my favorites. However i havent watched it recently. i let my friend borrow it like months ago and she can't find it. guess i have to order another one.

#1053 panacea sanans

panacea sanans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

In Germany, the movie was on free TV the day before my first 30 STM concert. Past midnight - 2 am. I loved it. I think it's the best of Jareds movies.

I don't think it's THAT complicated. I mean, to really remember all of the different (possible) characters, you sure need to watch the movie more than once. But it's not like you don't get it when first watching it.

Really hope I'll be given the DVD for christmas. Or my birthday. Anytime soon, anyways.  :lol:

#1054 emmaloves30stm

emmaloves30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:59 AM

I got the film as a christmas present and haven't yet watched it.  I am planning to watch it at the weekend so will give my view at some point!!

#1055 LateToTheParty

LateToTheParty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

I ordered mine off e-bay yesterday...can't wait to watch it! :D

#1056 jessicalunajss

jessicalunajss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

If you want to get more info, you can click these:    
Chanel Glasses Get Dad Birthday Gifts That Are Val
Louis Vuitton Purses you will discover few products you've to do
Jimmy Choo Outlet Get a Whiter Smile judging by ma
Gucci Belt do this appropriate at the stop guide
Cheap Coach Purses Fast Text Loans  The Last but t
Dior Shoes Perform By Means Of Alternative users
Juicy Couture Sale Fitness Equipment Critique  The
Hermes Scarf Get Dad Birthday Gifts That Are Valua
Hermes Scarf Games From Facebook as tall as Free A
Louis Vuitton Bags Gardens Stones a Garden's Best

#1057 amyamylsone

amyamylsone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

If you want to get more info, you can click these:        
Chanel Earrings from the herbal nutritional research marketplace in excess of several years
Juicy Couture Tracksuits of your respective property you may would like to adjust
Louis Vuitton Handbag carelessness of your just before courtroom regulation
Chanel 2.55 you have several minimum needs
Dior Bags complete place focus in which
Burberry Sunglasses Aspect You'll find numerous luggage offered
"Chanel Purses
Christian Louboutin Boots Check about Loosies (II)
Louis Vuitton Speedy Fascinating Tips Smaller Company Commence
[url=http://bgm.me/r/1440083]Tiffany Rings

#1058 darknesslovers

darknesslovers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

I have to say it's a good movie..but that's too long..about more that 2 hours I think.. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users