60 replies to this topic

#1 THE_REAL_TRUTH

THE_REAL_TRUTH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:07 AM

Ok so I noticed there was a Thread about the Fringe and couldn't handle the fact it made it to these boards before Dexter, so here it is.

People, please tell me you have seen this. I've literally only seen the first season and I kind of found it groundbreaking. Better than any shitty cop drama, trust.

So, what do people think of this show? Complete horseshit or sheer genius?

I'm pretty much hooked and I havent even seen the second season yet.

#2 Red Flare

Red Flare

~ Victoria ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:46 AM

I love this show!!!
First it seemed bizarre to, me but when I saw more episodes I was completely hooked on the show...
I am almost finished with season 2... And i can't wait 'till I get to see season 3 biggrin.gif

#3 RockIzure

RockIzure

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:55 AM

I love Dexter the show and the character of Dexter!!! wub.gif It is pure genious. And the start of it, is it called the start credits? Wow... How is it possible to make such original everyday things seems so twisted and awful but at the same time beautiful and interesting?

(I seem to experience some severe difficulties in expressing myself and my points at the moment. I'm so tired.)

#4 Kelissima

Kelissima

Flibberty-jibbet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,799 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (THE_REAL_TRUTH @ Oct 3 2008, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok so I noticed there was a Thread about the Fringe and couldn't handle the fact it made it to these boards before Dexter, so here it is.

People, please tell me you have seen this. I've literally only seen the first season and I kind of found it groundbreaking. Better than any shitty cop drama, trust.

So, what do people think of this show? Complete horseshit or sheer genius?

I'm pretty much hooked and I havent even seen the second season yet.

Dude!  You stole my thunder!  I was going to start one but I haven't seen the first episode of Season 3 yet (it just started on Showtime last Sunday).  This is the only tv show I have watched consistently in years! (except for The Daily Show and Real Time with Bill Maher).  

LoveItLoveItLoveIt!  It's the ultimate postmodern answer to Existential Distress (whom I like to refer to as "Ed"...).  You definitely need to see Season 2.  I read Darkly Dreaming Dexter (the book it's based on) but thought the book sucked and was poorly written (and I never prefer the screen version to the written... ), never bothered to read any of the other books either.

They've discussed Dexter in the Australian Echelon and Euro-Babble threads but it deserves it's own.  I think Michael C. Hall is the only actor I would make a complete fool of myself over if I met him--he's brilliant!  Been meaning to check out Six Feet Under to see his work in that but haven't gotten around to it yet...

For the uninitiated: it's about a serial killer who only kills other serial killers (he has a strict code).  But then he meets Lila in Season 2 (now there's a freaky fangirl!)

#5 Adeena

Adeena

Releasing my inner sociopath...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:39 AM

sad.gif  I still haven't finished watching Season 1  sad.gif  everybody but me knows who the ice truck killer is  sad.gif

#6 Eleonora

Eleonora

The Magical Flying Thunderbird

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:42 AM

I've just watched the first 4 episodes of season 1, but I'm already pleasantly surprised. I took me a while to get into the character of Dexter but I'm completely falling in love (well sort of). smile.gif

#7 Kelissima

Kelissima

Flibberty-jibbet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,799 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (Adeena @ Oct 3 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sad.gif  I still haven't finished watching Season 1  sad.gif  everybody but me knows who the ice truck killer is  sad.gif

ohmy.gif God I envy you right now!  
Don't be  sad.gif  *wishes could erase memory to enjoy it the first time all over again...*

#8 showgirl

showgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:34 AM

I love Dexter and cannot wait for the next season to be aired over here.
Hell, I'd watch it just to ogle the opening credits.

#9 fmk

fmk

fucking A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Kelissima @ Oct 4 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the uninitiated: it's about a serial killer who only kills other serial killers (he has a strict code).  But then he meets Lila in Season 2 (now there's a freaky fangirl!)

it's not just serial killers wink.gif it's people who deserve to die because they have done bad things.

first episode of season 3 was pretty damn good!

#10 sparrow

sparrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

Ah Dexter,  it's about time television had something worth watching.  The role of Dexter was made for that actor Michael C. Hall, he's
brilliant, just like the programme.  Even though Dexter is doing wrong, you always seem to be on his side. It's gripping all the way through. If there is anyone out there that hasn't seen it, IT IS A MUST. The build up to the end of series 3 was just jaw dropping.   ohmy.gif

#11 Guest_MorphieAnesthesia_*

Guest_MorphieAnesthesia_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

I love it! wub.gif But i'm still in season 2 middle.

#12 ayousu

ayousu

Cheeky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:08 AM

#13 Lorany

Lorany

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (THE_REAL_TRUTH @ Oct 3 2008, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've literally only seen the first season and I kind of found it groundbreaking. Better than any shitty cop drama, trust.

I've only seen the season one too  rolleyes.gif and i'm addicted XD

QUOTE (RockIzure @ Oct 3 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Dexter the show and the character of Dexter!!! wub.gif It is pure genious. And the start of it, is it called the start credits? Wow... How is it possible to make such original everyday things seems so twisted and awful but at the same time beautiful and interesting?

copy/paste   laugh.gif laugh.gif  
I know what i'm gonna say(write) looks reeealy stupid, but this show turns murder into something beautiful (maybe this isnt the right word but I cant seem to find one right now).
Specially bcause he does it not only to satisfy what his unconcious tells him too, but bcause he wants to do justice by his own hands.

please correct me if i'm wrong.

#14 THE_REAL_TRUTH

THE_REAL_TRUTH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (ayousu @ Oct 4 2008, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahem. I'm afraid you didn't look hard enough for a Dexter thread ;-) Dexter

Ahh fuck.

How far back is that thread?

#15 Synthetic

Synthetic

I FEAR NOTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:58 AM

I effing love this show, thanks to Steph making me watch it when it first started, not like I had a choice haha.

But yah, it's so amazing and different. That's about all I have to say right now.

#16 Wyld Stallyns

Wyld Stallyns

I'm a pretty big deal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:05 AM

I watch.

Best show on television.

Thatisall.

#17 Red Flare

Red Flare

~ Victoria ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:23 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that the soundtrack kicks ass!

Finished watching season 2 yesterday.. It was so great!!
So hope the season 3 episodes show up soon enough...

#18 RockIzure

RockIzure

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Lorany @ Oct 3 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif laugh.gif  
I know what i'm gonna say(write) looks reeealy stupid, but this show turns murder into something beautiful (maybe this isnt the right word but I cant seem to find one right now).
Specially bcause he does it not only to satisfy what his unconcious tells him too, but bcause he wants to do justice by his own hands.

please correct me if i'm wrong.

I get your point of glorifying killing not being cool. But I don't think this show is about turning killing in to something beautiful, and I think persons with normal set of mind and a sense of telling right from wrong won't see it that way. And as for you quoting my earlier post, I was talking about the opening credits where there are no killing being done. It's just done to made to look as there would be with blood squirting when it's in fact a blood orange (or some sort) and flesh being cut when it's actually just a breakfast ham getting the knive. I was trying to express that I think the opening credits are brilliant; how it makes your mind to perceive these ordinary things as something bad and revolting. I wonder if it was without this Dexter context how we (I) would see this opening credit...?

#19 THE_REAL_TRUTH

THE_REAL_TRUTH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:45 AM

Even the opening credits to Dexter would deserve a thread fo sho.

#20 pisces

pisces

The poster formerly known as minara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:57 AM

I love Dexter.  For those that might be inclined to do so, I recommend picking up and reading the Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay.  The books are called "Darkly Dreaming Dexter", "Dearly Devoted Dexter" and "Dexter in the Dark".  They were the basis for the series. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users