germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:49 AM

View PostFedra, on 13 February 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Today: first day as a vegetarian , let's do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P

I will try this, too because it's a crazy new chapter in my life -something that I never tried before... For me it will be very difficult because I love meat ;)
I love salad with turkey breast, a fresh chicken or a steak... :rolleyes:  

I will do my very best to just think of the way those animals were treated and then I may do better in resisting  :huh: :)

View PostLemi, on 13 February 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

I'm vegetarian for a few weeks now and I have no problems with it, so I guess I'll go on like that. And I don't eat eggs, but I never did, so it's easy for me. ;) But honestly I can't imagine living vegan.

Living vegan is something that I think I will never be able to manage... I already have some problems with my health and so I can't do without eating food which contains all those vitamins, trace elements and other minerals I need  :(

Hope the vegans will understand this and not hate me for all eternity  :blink: :lol:

#1282 Fedra

Fedra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

well i actually decided it just like that too, i'm like i wanna be a vegetarian , so since yesterday was my 16th birthday that seemed a great day to start this crazy thing, and i realy like meat too, salmon, chicken, salami ... ohhhhh i'll miss it but a a point i think i won't even miss it anny more, but still a long way to go  :o , u should do it too, go for it together  ;)

[quote name='germanechelonsoldier' timestamp='1329220181' post='2315054']
I will try this, too because it's a crazy new chapter in my life -something that I never tried before... For me it will be very difficult because I love meat ;)
I love salad with turkey breast, a fresh chicken or a steak... :rolleyes:  

I will do my very best to just think of the way those animals were treated and then I may do better in resisting  :huh: :)

#1283 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostFedra, on 14 February 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

well i actually decided it just like that too, i'm like i wanna be a vegetarian , so since yesterday was my 16th birthday that seemed a great day to start this crazy thing, and i realy like meat too, salmon, chicken, salami ... ohhhhh i'll miss it but a a point i think i won't even miss it anny more, but still a long way to go  :o , u should do it too, go for it together  ;)

Okay, then happy birthday even if it's a bit too late  :P
Then I will try to start this thing the next days, too! I cannot start right now because I bought a lot of fresh meat today; chicken, steak, raw ham.... :rolleyes: and it wasn't cheap so i will have to eat it first  :huh:
But then I will try! Go for it together ;)

#1284 Fedra

Fedra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

Ty, and yeah, id would be a waste to throw it all away, annyways, still haven't had anny problem over here resisting meat is actually much easier than i expected  :lol: for now at least  ;)

View Postgermanechelonsoldier, on 14 February 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Okay, then happy birthday even if it's a bit too late  :P
Then I will try to start this thing the next days, too! I cannot start right now because I bought a lot of fresh meat today; chicken, steak, raw ham.... :rolleyes: and it wasn't cheap so i will have to eat it first  :huh:
But then I will try! Go for it together ;)

#1285 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostFedra, on 16 February 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Ty, and yeah, id would be a waste to throw it all away, annyways, still haven't had anny problem over here resisting meat is actually much easier than i expected  :lol: for now at least  ;)

Maybe it will get harder... For me it will! ;)
But in a couple of days the last rest of the meat will be disappeared and so i will start my new life as a veggie^^

#1286 Enelya30

Enelya30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

I would really like to be a vegetarian as well, and I'm trying to eat more vegetables and fruit. Unfortunately, my stomach problems don't allow me to digest a lot of (raw or not) veggies and fruits, or maybe I don't get the gist of preparing and cooking them yet. But I'm fed up with meat and I totally understand the impact on the environment, as well as the bad treatment a lot of the animals get. Whenever possible, I buy meat from animals that were raised outside and ate natural food, but it's not always easy to find.
Anyway, if you have good easy quick recipes -- yes I know it sounds lazy but I often don't have a lot of time to cook -- then I would gladly take your advice!

#1287 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostEnelya30, on 19 February 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

I would really like to be a vegetarian as well, and I'm trying to eat more vegetables and fruit. Unfortunately, my stomach problems don't allow me to digest a lot of (raw or not) veggies and fruits, or maybe I don't get the gist of preparing and cooking them yet. But I'm fed up with meat and I totally understand the impact on the environment, as well as the bad treatment a lot of the animals get. Whenever possible, I buy meat from animals that were raised outside and ate natural food, but it's not always easy to find.
Anyway, if you have good easy quick recipes -- yes I know it sounds lazy but I often don't have a lot of time to cook -- then I would gladly take your advice!

There's really no need to make a break and start a new life from one moment to the other but if you really want to change something you can change the small things with the time... ;)

That's the way I will try to get a veggie if I can't manage the sudden change of the eating-plan^^

#1288 aseaofstars

aseaofstars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

i tried cutting out meat but i cant. I know some vegans and they always make nosies and say shit when im eating meat.

#1289 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

View Postaseaofstars, on 20 February 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

i tried cutting out meat but i cant. I know some vegans and they always make nosies and say shit when im eating meat.

I can't stand people who always try to force other people to watch everything from their point of viewing...  :angry:

Sure, the treatment of the most of the animals is disgusting but it's not okay to behave infront of a person who wants to change something -but CAN'T because of personal reasons- like he would do or she would do those terrible things to the animals!  :blink:

#1290 Aster.Cubbins

Aster.Cubbins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostFedra, on 13 February 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Today: first day as a vegetarian , let's do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P

- Being a vegetarian is a lot easier than it "sounds" - When I tell people I'm vegetarian, they often ask or wonder what I eat (I guess some people think I only feed on uncooked tofu and lettuce), but there are lots of healthy and delicious things to eat. I hope you enjoy your vegetarianism as much as I do. (:

#1291 Enelya30

Enelya30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

View Postgermanechelonsoldier, on 19 February 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

There's really no need to make a break and start a new life from one moment to the other but if you really want to change something you can change the small things with the time... ;)

That's the way I will try to get a veggie if I can't manage the sudden change of the eating-plan^^

Yes, thank you, that's what I'm trying to do.  :) Hope it works for you as well!

#1292 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

View PostEnelya30, on 21 February 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

Yes, thank you, that's what I'm trying to do.  :) Hope it works for you as well!

I hope that too  ^_^

#1293 Fedra

Fedra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

I know, and the replacement products for meat are actually really tasty, had some nice vegetarian meat balls (or whatever you might call it) and they were yummmmy  :P .
We also went to a Greek restaurant and i asked the waiter if they had something vegetarian since there wasn't anything on the menu without meat.
They made a special plate for me with lost of nice thing.
I actually think mine was the best since the meat of my mom and sister was overcoocked  :lol: .
Anyways it's been great so far and i don't regret at all  ;) .

View PostAster.Cubbins, on 20 February 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

- Being a vegetarian is a lot easier than it "sounds" - When I tell people I'm vegetarian, they often ask or wonder what I eat (I guess some people think I only feed on uncooked tofu and lettuce), but there are lots of healthy and delicious things to eat. I hope you enjoy your vegetarianism as much as I do. (:

#1294 Aster.Cubbins

Aster.Cubbins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostFedra, on 21 February 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

I know, and the replacement products for meat are actually really tasty, had some nice vegetarian meat balls (or whatever you might call it) and they were yummmmy  :P .
We also went to a Greek restaurant and i asked the waiter if they had something vegetarian since there wasn't anything on the menu without meat.
They made a special plate for me with lost of nice thing.
I actually think mine was the best since the meat of my mom and sister was overcoocked  :lol: .
Anyways it's been great so far and i don't regret at all  ;) .
I'm glad you enjoy it. I haven't been vegetarian for a long time either, but I too have not been regretting at all. :)

#1295 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

Life as Veggie: Here I come!!!  :lol:

Just for the possibility I will not post anymore: then I may have died because of the meat withdrawal  :blink: haha^^

#1296 xtinarulezd00d

xtinarulezd00d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

I was stupid a couple years ago, made it 2 years as a vegetarian, then my ex kept making fun of me and I ate meat again, now i'm realizing how stupid I was and i'm back on it :D

#1297 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

View Postmeganfrommars6277, on 23 November 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

i'm 15, and i want to be a vegetarian, but my mum won't let me because then she would have to cook seperate food for me to my family. i only eat beef though, because i eat meat substitutes instead for everything else. i can't look at the links, so can someone tell me how it helps the environment?:)
You posted this about a hundred years ago and you've only made like 3 posts so you've probably buggered off by now, but I don't care, I won't miss a chance to be self-righteous B)

I became vegetarian when I was 15. That was also the day I started cooking for myself. I'm sure my mum would have tried, but I didn't want to make her; it's amazing enough that she had been cooking for us all for so many years already. The important thing is educating yourself. Find out about the products that are available, look up some recipes; there are a lot of ways to be vegetarian that are healthy and inexpensive. Your mum may still need to buy stuff for you but you can learn to cook for yourself. I met people in uni who had no idea how to even make an omelette because they'd been catered to their entire lives, so figuring it out now will do you a world of good in the long run, for your health, your peace of mind, and those all-important life skillz.

Okay, going now. My high horse is getting tired :rolleyes:

#1298 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

Do not believe I have posted in this thread before... but anyway, I became a vegetarian when I was twelve years of age.  At the time, the primary motivation I possessed towards the change of lifestyle was to mainly be healthier, but as I further did research and learned what truly goes on with the slaughtering of animals and in which their life purpose was to be raised for beef, poultry, and such, ultimately I decided that yes, becoming a vegetarian was the most rational thing to do.

A couple of years ago, for an approximate total of six months, I attempted to be a vegan. However, making the transition to vegan basically resulted in myself receiving a lot of grief and trouble from family and friends, and additionally, as I still live with my parents and am not in control of the mass majority of the groceries brought into the household, it was simply not all that easy... I will also admit, going after little treats did become too much of a temptation, because even if something did appear to be dairy free, there would always be a hint of dry milk powder listed under the 'contains less than two-percent' in the ingredients. :( The absolute worst and ridiculous thing I came across, which is off limit for vegans, was jelly bellies, because of the fact that they contain beeswax in their coating!  :o

#1299 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

Not sure if I posted in here yet, either.

I think I was born a vegetarian (dunno about vegan), but I was conditioned to eat meat and dairy. I needed soy when I was an infant and can even remember being repulsed by chicken and meat (and onions). But, not to gross anyone out, now I do love a steak every now and then(cept it kind of hurts my tummy), and I love dairy (which also still kind of hurts my tummy).

I try to buy organic and eat fresh fruits and veggies more often than not now, but I haven't been able to fully cut meat and dairy out of my diet.

If anything, I think I could transition to a vegetarian that still eats shellfish.

I am in no-way-shape-or-form for any type of animal cruelty, but being a vegan almost seems too hard and choices are extremely limited in many areas.

Bees wax is so natural and it doesn't exactly hurt them (possibly emotionally), yet if you're a vegan you can't touch anything from it?! No honey either??!!! Honey is natural and cures!!!!

#1300 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hmm, yes. I've been trying to be "more" vegan lately, if that is in fact a thing. Milk sends me a bit weird(er), although cheese doesn't seem to be a problem, but I think mostly my issue is with the industry itself. I don't ever want to eat meat because an animal has suffered for it, but I guess I could do eggs and maybe cheese if I knew for sure that it was a small-scale, local, organic enterprise because the cruelty and wastefulness of the dairy industry is unbelievable. And it still sort of confuses me that we consume dairy at all considering it's the baby-food of a totally different species :huh:

Coco, do you know if honey and/or beeswax is actually cruel to the bees? I've never actually looked into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users