#1 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

Welcome New People!

Since the new ABEAUTIFULLIE.ORG message board link comes directly to this particular forum, I thought it might be nice to give the new folks coming in the “twenty-five cent tour” of the board, as it were. So, if you have arrived here in the A Beautiful Lie forum via the new website and might like to poke around the rest of the boards as well, here you go - I will collect the .25¢ at the end of the tour  :)

*** Proceed to the other areas of this message board [also known as the chaos of this universe] with a little bit of caution and some information tucked under your arm - most of us are rather lovely, but should you fail to pay attention or post without using the search function first... well, some of the people will bring out the n00b word on you. And that's never nice. :/

*** Some suggestions:
- When picking a user name, avoid anything that contains Jared, Shannon, Tomo, Leto or derivitives thereof. Seriously.
[And if you just registered using one of the 4 words listed and are now reading this, please consider abandoning that name immediately and re-register as something else. Because any of those 4 words in your nickname may cause you much grief on the boards. Some people will come down on you like a ton of bricks, and they will never stop. Trust me on this one.]
- Read much and post little the first day or two as you figure out the lay of the land
- Use the search button before asking a question or making a new thread
- Avoid bumping really old threads just to make a comment
- Remember, it’s the internet... keep your humor with you at all times!

If you register and would like to add a sig [signature] to your account, the first post of this thread has the required guidelines such as image size and such, brought to you by our moderators, the BigBrothers:
Sigs - New Rules

>>> Prohevito In Altum on the new CD This Is War is a typo. It is actually Provehito In Altum <<<;)

*** The various forums here at the 30 Seconds To Mars message board - choose carefully if starting a new topic!
THE PANTHEON
The Pantheon
The place to discuss the band, the songs, the iconography, and the world of 30STM.
The Tour
INTO THE WILD: Discuss the latest Mars Tour-related topics.
.....Subforums: Previous Shows, Tour-Related Talk, Postponed Shows
[ECHELON]
Echelon
Exclusive area to discuss the latest missions & meet other ECHELON members. LOGIN REQUIRED.
Missions
Echelon Missions provided, planned, and further discussed here. LOGIN REQUIRED.
THE HIVE
The Hive
A collective to develop and execute creative ideas, missions, and to spread the word about everything 30STM.
A BEAUTIFUL LIE
A Beautiful Lie
Can you make a difference? <------ YOU ARE HERE
CIRCUS MAXIMUS
Circus Maximus
Promote and discuss other bands, movies, television, etc.
[Formerly: Promote and discuss other bands, and talk about everything else not related to 30STM.]
BABYLONIA
Babylonia
A little bit of everything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
[Formerly: The place for rumours, gossip, naming names and all around sh*t talking.]
PURGATORY
Purgatory
COME TALK TO US...  
ARCHIVES
Archives
Old forum threads for your reference. READ ONLY.

I highly suggest that before posting to a thread, that you A. Read the first post/page to get the reference of the original post and to see how hold it is and B. Read the last page to see where the discussion went and the last time anyone posted on it. Posting OMG I SO AGREE WITH YOU on a thread that has not had any activity in 5 years is kinda awkward.

This thread is a good place to say hello and test the ropes, as they say
NEWBIES POST HERE

This post is the Newbies Guide brought to you by Peertje and mabo. It will be a very useful tool for your quest in Mars.
Newbies Guide brought to you by Peertje and mabo post - as of July 22 2008

First post on this thread has many BAND TYPE questions answered & it's is a nice place to say heyyyy I’m new, howdy!
NEW MEMBERS, please look here before you ask questions

A thread in the Pantheon you might enjoy:
abeautifullie.org here and now... a substitute until the real deal appears

And
How To Join The Echelon It's super simple, look inside!

Again... to our new people - please keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times until the ride comes to a complete stop - Welcome Aboard! Dare I say it? What the heck... Welcome to the Universe. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh… for those coming in to say “wow look at how everyone has jumped on the bandwagon” [pardon the pun] here are two old threads for your viewing pleasure… some of us have been on the bandwagon since before there was one. Heck, some of us have been doing conservation/green things since before there even WAS a band called 30 Seconds To Mars!

The second one in particular has some good tips and ideas for going green as well.
Cleaner Universe 2006
Cleaner Greener Universe Part 2 2007

#2 shangri la dee daa

shangri la dee daa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:49 PM

A Welcome is a nice idea, but maybe the people getting via this ABL.org link over here are not so much or not at all interested in glyphs, the Phoenix or the band name, but rather see and take part in some constructive discussion about environmental issues. smile.gif

Then again, work probably made me too sceptical in general these days.

#3 zigkiss

zigkiss

Zeke and Zola rock my world \m/

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:51 PM

I don't think they should link to this board. I think they should definately have a separate board for the purposes of that website. I would hope the link here is only temporary...

#4 MotherEarth

MotherEarth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(CandyO @ Jan 30 2008, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome!

Since the new abeautifullie.org site message board will link directly to this particular forum, I thought it might be nice to give the new folks coming in the “twenty-five cent tour”, as it were.

CandyO  wub.gif  
Great idea!

Welcome new members and guests.

#5 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

Oh well... one out of three aint bad!
Thanks
biggrin.gif

edit
QUOTE(shangri la dee daa @ Jan 30 2008, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A Welcome is a nice idea, but maybe the people getting via this ABL.org link over here are not so much or not at all interested in glyphs, the Phoenix or the band name, but rather see and take part in some constructive discussion about environmental issues. smile.gif
Then again, work probably made me too sceptical in general these days.

Good point shangri la dee daa... I edited my first post so the link to mikebrook's thread says "answers to many band type questions" so they will know that is what it is for. I figured if it's going to bring in new folks, who will then probibly visit the rest of the board, some helpful hints right here where they first enter might be helpful.  smile.gif

QUOTE(zigkiss @ Jan 30 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think they should link to this board. I think they should definately have a separate board for the purposes of that website. I would hope the link here is only temporary...

Another point zigkiss - but as of now, it is what it is. So... regardless if it is temporary or permanent, it might be best to have some info for them straight off.  wink.gif

QUOTE(MotherEarth @ Jan 30 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CandyO  wub.gif  
Great idea!
Welcome new members and guests.

Thanks again MotherEarth.  biggrin.gif

#6 KristinieC

KristinieC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:01 PM

Edit:

Not trying to be mean, but also a warning for the newbies who join who may feel the wrath of some

& I still consider myself a noob btw ^.^

#7 ayousu

ayousu

Cheeky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:31 AM

#8 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

KristinieC thanks for the heads up. Gawd I hope no one thinks that by posting this thread I am pretending I am not a noob anymore! I will be a noob here forever and ever... but offering a friendly welcome and some info to the newer noobs we can now be expecting, that can't be bad, can it?  cool.gif

Nice ayousu - thank you. I have added it.  smile.gif

#9 Guest_Laikiska_*

Guest_Laikiska_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(CandyO @ Jan 30 2008, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some suggestions:
- When picking a user name, avoid anything that contains Jared, Shannon, Tomo, Leto or derivitives thereof. Seriously.

SUCH a great tip, but alas, most people register BEFORE they read this.... How about amending it and saying 'If you read this AFTER you register, register again with a different nickname unless you really want people to come down on you like a ton of bricks'   *grin*

Damn, seriously, the influx of pathetic usernames is incredible.

#10 KristinieC

KristinieC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(CandyO @ Jan 31 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
KristinieC thanks for the heads up. Gawd I hope no one thinks that by posting this thread I am pretending I am not a noob anymore! I will be a noob here forever and ever... but offering a friendly welcome and some info to the newer noobs we can now be expecting, that can't be bad, can it?  cool.gif

LOL I wasn't meaning it to you deary. I'll edit the post but it was meant for those who are coming that we have ppl here who will attack noobs if they don't pay attention or use the search button. hee hee.

I joined in '07 so I'm a newer noob then you LOL I'll be a noob forever compared to ppl who have been here since '01

I think it's a very good thing you posted this thread.

What people already on the boards need to understand is we are going to be getting a lot of new people here who are seriously wanting to be part of this project.  & not that I don't love Matador, but his thread is going to be appearing when people outside of the circle so to say come on. This (the project) is the guys (30STM) baby, this is part of their dreams and we should keep this part of the forum with as little in sarcasm, foul language, and anything else we usually do in the other forum section.

If the new ppl joining want to go to the other forum sections then they chose to go into the chaos of this universe. LOL But this part of it should be kept as serious as possible.

Make sense?

#11 KristinieC

KristinieC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:08 PM

*sry for the double post*

MODS PIN THIS IN THIS SECTION!

#12 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

Laikiska - thank you, yes and done!

KristinieC - awww I knew you didn't mean me but it got me thinking that others might, so I'm prepared now!  biggrin.gif
I did add the warning into the first post... and I borrowed your "chaos of this universe" because that was perfect!!!

From from the looks of things, it doesn't seem like we have any moderators in this forum other than the band. And they're kinda busy right now...

I feel so alone...  unsure.gif
Hold me

p.s. WELCOME NEW PEEPS!!! *waves hello*  smile.gif

#13 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:53 PM

oh hell... it's not like I've never bumped one of my own *coughglyphringscough* threads before
*bump*
tongue.gif

#14 CrixA

CrixA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

Good Welcome thanks!! wink.gif

#15 the(VENOMOUS)one

the(VENOMOUS)one

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:12 PM

Yay for you CandyO... now hopefully all the new people WILL read this before making, er, unnecessary posts.

#16 Guest_Laikiska_*

Guest_Laikiska_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:38 AM

BUMP again. This thread needs to be pinned!

#17 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:59 PM

Thanks ya'll  smile.gif

*waves* hello you new people!!!  biggrin.gif

#18 8chase8

8chase8

Advanced Member