MERCH PRICING

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

Poll: MERCH PRICING: What would be a fair price? (231 member(s) have cast votes)

WHAT PRICE IS REASONABLE FOR THE 30 SECONDS TO MARS WRISTBANDS? (either the echelon one or the black one)

1. $5 or less (24 votes [10.39%])

Percentage of vote: 10.39%

2. $6-$10 (111 votes [48.05%])

Percentage of vote: 48.05%

3. $11-$15 (80 votes [34.63%])

Percentage of vote: 34.63%

4. $20-$25 (13 votes [5.63%])

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

5. $26 or greater (3 votes [1.30%])

Percentage of vote: 1.30%

WHAT PRICE IS REASONABLE FOR THE 30 SECONDS TO MARS T-SHIRTS?

1. $10 or less (7 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

2. $11-$15 (43 votes [18.61%])

Percentage of vote: 18.61%

3. $16-$20 (101 votes [43.72%])

Percentage of vote: 43.72%

4. $21-$25 (62 votes [26.84%])

Percentage of vote: 26.84%

5. $26-$30 (16 votes [6.93%])

Percentage of vote: 6.93%

6. $31-$35 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. $36 or greater (2 votes [0.87%])

Percentage of vote: 0.87%

WHAT PRICE IS REASONABLE FOR THE 30 SECONDS TO MARS HOODED SWEATSHIRTS?

1. $20 or less (11 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

2. $21-$25 (23 votes [9.96%])

Percentage of vote: 9.96%

3. $26-$30 (63 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

4. $31-$35 (60 votes [25.97%])

Percentage of vote: 25.97%

5. $36-$40 (43 votes [18.61%])

Percentage of vote: 18.61%

6. $41-$45 (19 votes [8.23%])

Percentage of vote: 8.23%

7. $46-$50 (8 votes [3.46%])

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

8. $51 or greater (4 votes [1.73%])

Percentage of vote: 1.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Aletheia

Aletheia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(JessL30 @ Feb 11 2008, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's an awful shirt. What was Jared thinking?   huh.gif

"Let's design a shirt that appeals to those chicks willing to pay any ridiculously high price for a shirt.
Hm, something that fulfills the new found "emo" cliché. There's gotta be a gun in it, but also a fashion statement and some stuff like flowers or butterflies...
I think that might work. I think they might get the right interpretation. Good. Done. Show me the money!"
wink.gif

#142 Smyle

Smyle

Back on Jupiter.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:45 AM

Hmm... will they know about this?
Because, ehem, to see that drawing and the glypchs at the bottom made me sad.

#143 shaunieys

shaunieys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

For 'fans' you guys whine a hell of a lot.

Alternative? Make your own merch and stop whining like little bitches about a t-shirt because it's the wrong design.

#144 The Valhalla

The Valhalla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE(7Corners @ Feb 11 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
30 Seconds To Mars has become so emo it fucking makes me sick.

I never thought this of Mars til I saw that tee but I gotta aggree, they neevr seemed the type for that kinda stuff but it has dissapointed me.

#145 Tina69

Tina69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE(shaunieys @ Feb 11 2008, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alternative? Make your own merch and stop whining like little bitches about a t-shirt because it's the wrong design.

Well said! I dont think Ive ever been on a site where people MOAN so goddamn much!!! If its not one thing its another!!!!!!

#146 Nine

Nine

BORN VILLAIN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE(Tina69 @ Feb 11 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well said! I dont think Ive ever been on a site where people MOAN so goddamn much!!! If its not one thing its another!!!!!!

laugh.gif
You've got to be kidding.
Message boards are the place for bitching and moaning.

If not here, where then?
EH?

We can't just be worshiping all that they do AT ALL TIMES.
And if you were a fan before THE KILL, than you would realize that things have changed alot.. and not for the better.

#147 Nine

Nine

BORN VILLAIN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(shaunieys @ Feb 11 2008, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that from the 30STM Pi Kappa Delta Collection?

#148 Lily_17

Lily_17

Lilybelle Lufflecakes...is ridiculously Canadian.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE(Nine @ Feb 11 2008, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif

If not here, where then?
EH?
And if you were a fan before THE KILL, than you would realize that things have changed alot.. and not for the better.

Yep.

That shirt is ugly.

Shaun, I do like those glyph things you made, though.  The third symbol is a touch narrower than the others, but still neat.  How did you make them?

#149 30burningsky

30burningsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:38 AM

i havent bought any merch from the online store, mainly for the reason of not trusting entering my card details on my laptop.  Instead im going for the cheaper homemade merch idea.  I found an embroided mithra seal in a small rock shop so im deciding on which t-shirt to iorn it to.

#150 shaunieys

shaunieys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(Nine @ Feb 11 2008, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you would realize that things have changed alot.. and not for the better.

Accept the change.

QUOTE(Lily_17 @ Feb 11 2008, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shaun, I do like those glyph things you made, though.  The third symbol is a touch narrower than the others, but still neat.  How did you make them?

I got the plain leather bracelets, then etched the glyphs with a wood burner and painted them with some acrylic paint. The half circles were hard to do ^.^

They're a lot more comfortable too.

#151 Tina69

Tina69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(Nine @ Feb 11 2008, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif

If not here, where then?
EH?

Yeah, yeah, yeah....blah, blah, blah, moan, fester moan!!!!

I DONT just worship AT ALL TIMES as stated!!!

Merchandise prices are steep for every band that I am aware of, I bought a hoodie about 18 years ago from a band called The Mission and even back THEN they were around the £40 region.....?? Im sure, you could ask all the thousands of people that were buying the stuff at all the gigs I went too what they thought of the pricing.....if you want it, and you have the money you buy it....!!

As far as Im aware the band dont have anything to do with the prices of the merchandising?? Im sure that kind of thing is out of their hands?

#152 Adeena

Adeena

Releasing my inner sociopath...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(shaunieys @ Feb 12 2008, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesomeness....

I had plans on doing something very similar.... it looks good tho  biggrin.gif

#153 30secs2HK

30secs2HK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:08 PM

I have yet been impressed enough to buy a 30STM t-shirt (post ABL, official or bootleg).  The only 30STM t-shirt I have, I made it myself and the only things on it are the glyphs in red black and white.  

#154 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:42 AM

Interesting thread! I feel this deserves a bump up, to perhaps gather in more opinions and votes for the poll, in regards to the merchandise pricing in the MusicToday store.

The way I voted for this poll is the following:
$11 - $15 for the Red-Echelon and Black Glyph Wristbands
$21 - $25 for T-Shirts
$36 - $40 for Hooded Sweatshirts

Of course, I find the prices they currently charge for the wristbands and t-shirts a bit ridiculous, so my votes were influenced on the maximum I could envision myself spending for each category.

Indeed, I did go check out some other band's official online stores to compare prices, and it was sorrowful to see that Thirty Seconds to Mars prices seem to be double of what other bands charge for a similar item. *such as t-shirts and rubber band wristbands*
To simply name one example, this Aftermath rubber bracelet from the My Chemical Romance online store only sells for $7.99, while one of the same size in the Thirty Seconds to Mars online store goes for $15! The rubber bracelets of smaller widths go for $13.

Additionally, at the Blink-182 online store, you can get a rubber bracelet AND A MATCHING, RUBBER RING for only $4.90!

Hmm, and I cannot help but wonder that if the glyphic rings, one day, miraculously make it into the MusicToday store after years of campaigning, if they will be wonderful, great quality *perhaps silver or white-gold casted* rings, or something along the lines of a rubber one, which could be obtained from a quarter machine...?

#155 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostCoco Converse, on 03 January 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Interesting thread! I feel this deserves a bump up, to perhaps gather in more opinions and votes for the poll, in regards to the merchandise pricing in the MusicToday store.
Good idea, it seems to be a bit of a hot topic these days.

View PostCoco Converse, on 03 January 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Of course, I find the prices they currently charge for the wristbands and t-shirts a bit ridiculous, so my votes were influenced on the maximum I could envision myself spending for each category.
It's odd because I initially thought the same thing, and I still do agree with you about the rubber wristbands (not the glyph ones) - $15 for a bit of rubber is total madness, and we've had very similar ones thrown into the crowd at some shows for free. But then I thought about t-shirts and hoodies and what have you, and really £22 (which is roughly $35 I think) is not a massively unreasonable amount to pay for a t-shirt. For a plain boring everyday t-shirt, sure. But how much are sports-branded t-shirts? A very similar price, I think, and you're getting exactly the same thing out of it, i.e. a logo/design that says something about your clothing choices and what you like and value.

I don't know if this is an American thing, by which I mean I don't know if prices for things like this are generally lower in the US, but it doesn't seem like I'm being ripped off at the merch store. Shipping is another story, however, and don't get me started on the fact that the US store is the only one... :rolleyes:

#156 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

I haven't read the thread cos no doubt it's shit but anyone concerned about quality and the professionalism of suppliers?

#157 SurrenderTonight

SurrenderTonight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

What really pisses me off isn't the price of the merch, i'm happy enough with that but living in the UK i get held to ransom with custom charges and VAT. I hate getting that postcard through my front door with "you owe us money, pay it now!!! or...you ain't getting yer parcel"  :angry: :angry: :angry:

#158 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Yep that has happened here in Canada for me also. Only once or twice though, and out of aallll the things I order all over the world, I can't really complain.

#159 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

That's customs. Not the retailer.
To avoid it when sending things between yourselves, write NCV on the customs declaration.
That means No Commercial Value.
If you do it tho, you won't get any money back if lost and sent certified. You only get back what you declare.

#160 CrypticX

CrypticX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

$5-6 for the wristbands, $10-$20 for t-shirts, and up to $35 for hoodies depending on the quality. Bands are charging way too much for merchandise these days. I see local bands charging up to $20 for a T-Shirt. It's one thing for a well known successful band like 30STM to charge a small fortune and is probably somewhat out of their control (major labels, merch contracts, etc.) but I think to charge a few bucks less to make sure more of your fans have your T-Shirts/merch (which is free promotion, after all) would be smart considering the economy and how difficult it is for bands to make money these days.

Charge a few bucks less and maybe you'll start selling a lot more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users