REGULATIONS

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BIG BROTHER 1_*

Guest_BIG BROTHER 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:20 PM

IN RESPONSE TO RECENT PROBLEMS WITH THE FORUM LAGGING, CERTAIN CORNERS HAVE BEEN CUT TO ENSURE A SMOOTHER, MORE EXCITING AND VERSATILE FORUM EXPERIENCE.

SHOULD YOU EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE, YOU WILL NOTICE THAT BBCODE HAS BEEN TURNED OFF. IT WILL BE TURNED BACK ON SOON. THIS WAS DONE TO CONSERVE SERVER PROCESSING AND REDUCE LATENCY ISSUES. THE LESS THE FORUM HAS TO PROCESS (SUCH AS YOUR HUGE SIGNATURES), THE LESS LAG. IT'S SIMPLE MATH, REALLY.

WHEN BBCODE IS TURNED BACK ON, YOUR SIGNATURE WILL BE REQUIRED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS:

ONE IMAGE AT 468X80 OR LESS. NO EXCEPTIONS. STANDARD WEB BANNERS ARE 468X60. IT SEEMS LOGICAL TO COMPLY WITH THIS. IF YOUR SIGNATURE DOES NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT, ACTION WILL BE TAKEN ACCORDINGLY.

IF YOUR SIGNATURE IMAGE AND/OR TEXT IS DEEMED OFFENSIVE, IT WILL BE REMOVED AND FURTHER ACTION WILL BE TAKEN ACCORDINGLY.

FURTHERMORE, ONE LINE OF TEXT ONLY IN YOUR SIGNATURE. THIS INCLUDES ANY LINKS YOU WISH TO INCLUDE. PEOPLE GO TO THREADS FOR CONTENT, NOT TO SEE 3/4TH'S OF THE PAGE CONSUMED BY WHICH SHOWS YOU'VE GONE TO AND SHOUTOUTS TO YOUR ESE'S.

FINALLY, NO ANIMATED GIFS. HAVING GIFS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IS INSENSITIVE TO OUR MEMBERS WHO SUFFER FROM EPILEPSY (AS WELL AS INSENSITIVE TO OUR MEMBERS WHO DO NOT SUFFER FROM EPILEPSY)...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

KEEP ON BELIEVING, "BELIEVERS."

#2 Guest_BIG BROTHER 5_*

Guest_BIG BROTHER 5_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:36 PM

ATTENTION:

THIS THREAD IS TO INFORM YOU OF A NEW RULE AND ADDRESS A FEW OTHER ISSUES CONCERNING THE FORUM.

THERE IS, IN FACT, A NEW RULE THAT WILL BE PUT INTO EFFECT IMMEDIATELY. IT IS AS FOLLOWS:

FROM THIS POINT ON, ENGLISH WILL BE THE ONLY LANGUAGE PERMITTED ON THE FORUM; BELAY YOUR DESIRE TO BEGIN SPIT SHINING THOSE PITCHFORKS.

WE, THE MODERATORS, BELIEVE THAT THIS RULE WILL MAKE MODERATING THE FORUM EXPONENTIALLY EASIER IN THE SENSE THAT WE WILL NOW HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF REPORTS WE RECEIVE FROM FOREIGN USERS. AS IT STANDS, IT IS RATHER DIFFICULT TO FOLLOW THROUGH ON REPORTS STEMMING FROM THREADS HEAVY WITH DISCUSSION IN FOREIGN LANGUAGES. THIS MAKES IT NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE THE PROPER COURSE OF ACTION SINCE THERE ISN'T ANY WAY FOR US TO SEE WHAT SORT OF INFRACTIONS THE REPORTED USER(S) HAS COMMITTED.

ESSENTIALLY, ALL WE REALLY HAVE IS ONE PERSON’S WORD ON THE MATTER; THIS IS WHY AN ENGLISH SPEAKING FORUM IS NECESSARY.

THE NEXT THING WE WOULD LIKE TO ADDRESS IS AN ISSUE THAT HAS BECOME SOMETHING OF A COMMON OCCURRENCE. WE WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR, HERE AND NOW, THAT THE REPORT FUNCTION IS STRICTLY FOR REPORTING QUESTIONABLE AND/OR OFFENSIVE CONTENT.

THAT PARTICULAR FUNCTION SHOULD NOT, AND WE CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, BE USED AS A TOOL FOR GREETING MODERATORS OR TO ASK THE BAND TO VISIT YOUR CITY, STATE, COUNTRY, PLANET OR PLANE OF EXISTENCE.

ALSO, THERE SEEMS TO BE QUITE A BIT OF DISCUSSION CONCERNING THE SIGNATURE RULE, AND WE ONLY HAVE THIS TO SAY IN RESPONSE: FOLLOW THE RULES.

- ONE LINE OF TEXT
- ONE IMAGE AT 468X80 OR LESS. NO EXCEPTIONS.

THE SIGNATURE RULE WAS INTRODUCED BECAUSE THEY BECAME AN INCONVENIENCE. IT ISN'T A SELF-HELP BOOK, IT ISN’T CHARGING YOU BY THE HOUR TO HELP YOU COPE WITH YOUR FEELINGS OF INADEQUACY AND IT ISN'T INTO MOONLIT WALKS ON THE BEACH.

#3 Lily_17

Lily_17

Lilybelle Lufflecakes...is ridiculously Canadian.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:30 PM

Thank you.

Hopefully people will be able to read and comprehend.

#4 k8te

k8te

[churlish]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:35 PM

barn door's open....

#5 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

I wonder if people will actually be able to act like mature adults and just follow the damn regulations without bitching.

It's not like the regulations are going to change.

#6 ferro_man

ferro_man

feed me to the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(Lily_17 @ Jun 26 2007, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if people will actually be able to act like mature adults and just follow the damn rules without bitching.

It's not like they're going to change.

i'm sure people will bitch about it and i am surprised that the thread hasn't been locked yet

#7 Teila

Teila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:42 PM

It was locked. And then unlocked. Possibly to keep people from creating a dozen new threads about it?

#8 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:43 PM

I think that it was maybe left open by mistake, possibly...maybe?

#9 fantasy_girl

fantasy_girl

I r Sarah ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:43 PM

Damn Teila do you have ESP or something?

#10 Teila

Teila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

I'm totally psychic. Third eyeball and all that cool.gif

#11 shanna_rae

shanna_rae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

No comprendo? Just kidding!
I hope everyone will actually do it now....

#12 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(Teila @ Jun 26 2007, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Possibly to keep people from creating a dozen new threads about it?

Yeah. True. prolly

#13 MrSdiZzLe

MrSdiZzLe

We're not the same

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:49 PM

Then creating a thread in Zulu for our South African echelon brethren is out of the question? Well shit...

#14 pandorya

pandorya

You've fallen for the greatest con

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

I support the new rules, as they make perfect sense in the grand scheme of it all.  I hope the rebels are few.

#15 k8te

k8te

[churlish]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(pandorya @ Jun 26 2007, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I support the new rules, as they make perfect sense in the grand scheme of it all.  I hope the rebels are few.

prolly posers anyways......

#16 pandorya

pandorya

You've fallen for the greatest con

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(k8te @ Jun 26 2007, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
prolly posers anyways......

wub.gif  

That is all.

#17 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:03 PM

English only was clearly an admin thing.

Sheeshka.

#18 k8te

k8te

[churlish]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(pandorya @ Jun 26 2007, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wub.gif  

That is all.

...is all there is....is all there is....is all there is... wink.gif

#19 ANGELofVENGEANCE

ANGELofVENGEANCE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

"BUMP"

As a few of you may have noticed, we are re-enforcing the SIGNATURE AUTHORITY clause as of today.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

It means all notations provided by BB1 and BB5 in the above posts are to be followed, effective (once again) immediately. We are not asking much, just that you simply resize/modify your signature if yours does not accommodate the specifications featured above;
    468w x 80h PIXELS - no more than 30 pixels further in each way (example: 445w x 104h, etc.)
    NO PSYCHOTIC ANIMATIONS/ANI-GIFS. - psychotic meaning, obnoxious, blinding, seizure-inducing, et al
    NO BLINDING TEXT
    TEXT LIMIT - no more than 3 lines of text/quotes.
Any questions, feel free to ask. If you feel someone is stepping over the signature boundaries, please alert us and we will handle the situation accordingly.

WHY SHOULD WE DO THIS?

It could very well help the boards flow faster -- images consume data transfer speed. Smaller images = faster transfer = smoother board.

ALSO ...

The ENGLISH-ONLY rule will recommence as of today as well. All existing non-English language threads will be temporarily closed. IF YOU WISH TO CONTINUE YOUR THREADS, IN ENGLISH, LET A MODERATOR KNOW AND WE WILL RENAME/REOPEN YOUR EXISTING THREAD.

If you do not comprehend why it is important to maintain such rules pertaining to languages spoken on this board, again, please refer to the wise words of BB above.

Any further concerns can be directed at myself and or Helios.

Good day and happy holidays.

#20 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

Oh, well.  Damn it, I didn't know you both posted the same thing.  Maybe you're the cool motherfucker?  I'll just go with both you and Helios, then.  biggrin.gif

Although I suspect Helios wrote the non-caps part. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users