32 replies to this topic

#1 JulesKD

JulesKD

As hard to know as the dark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:44 PM

nah just kidding, it's really kind of cool. let's see how well this works with me tyoping with my eyes closed. Apparently I'm allowed to chek email one in a while as long as I don't park myself in front of the computer for too long.

The surgery in question is PRK eye surgery, I was not a candidate for Lasik because my corneas had a weird shape and wre too dry. So, there it is.

(Some of thisthis is copied and pastd from my blog which was copied and pasted from an email, so there ya go, I'm sure you cn understand why.)

SO anyway the prodcedure was REALLY COOL, it didn't hurt at all and it doesn't actually hurt too muych now, it just feels like I have sand in my eyes or have won contact lenses for too long. I can see really well on and off. He told me that the first day I'd be able to see great, and then over th e next three days it woulg get worse before it gets better, as the layer of cornea he scraped off grows back. Right now i have no cornea over my iris, just a protective lens. I saw through the whole procedure, from the melting of the first layer (with alcolhol!) to the scraping to the laser, and honestly th elaser was the best part. I can't descrie it other than to say it looked like it was going into th eback of my head! It's something you'd have to see to really understand. Also, they weren't lying when they said you could smell your eyes burning. It was really pretty neat! and I could see as soon as I sat up. )too bad he said it wouldn't last.) Now I have tons of drops I have to pt in my eyes for a few weeks. I have to stay away from forced air, dry environment, really bright light and things that will force me to focus for too long. (focusing for too long will skew the results as the cornea grows back.) And definitely no driving.

Basically I have to sit on the couch for like a week with my eyes closed for as long as I can manage. But I can see myself getting REALLY bored pretty soon. ANd I'm not allowed to read any book for at least two weeks! Now that's jus ttorture.

Well i'd better get back to bed. I apologize for the typing. I can glance at the keyboard but not the screen. I hope I didn't say anything rude or relly random on accident. wink.gif

#2 The Croatian Sensation

The Croatian Sensation

Controversial Caucasian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:44 PM

good for you. now fuck off.

#3 Guest_sugar_*

Guest_sugar_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

Does it hurt at all?

Wait. Can you read this? lol.

#4 chuckthemonkey

chuckthemonkey

Do you like pelvic thrusts?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

I'm glad to hear it went well, and you're not blind.

#5 Ric Flair

Ric Flair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:46 PM

WOOOO!

YOU'RE A CANDY ASS!

#6 ChristineZ

ChristineZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:49 PM

Hey Jules!
Glad it went well for you.  Hope the healing goes quicker than expected and you can resume normalsy asap.
Good luck, and rest up.  smile.gif

#7 The Croatian Sensation

The Croatian Sensation

Controversial Caucasian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:51 PM

thought this was another troll thread. well jules posted it, so close enough.

#8 JulesKD

JulesKD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(sugar @ Apr 17 2007, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it hurt at all?

Wait. Can you read this? lol.

i acutally can! though I shouldn't be doing this. Earlier today I was seeing perfectly, but now i'm all foggy again.  happy.gif  It doesn't hurt, jsut feels scratchy and dry.

still, pretty cool! I wish you guys coul dse what I saw today, the scalpel and the laser, it was so awesome to see it all happening.

and thanks Christine!

#9 Driftwood

Driftwood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(The Croatian Sensation @ Apr 17 2007, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thought this was another troll thread. well jules posted it, so close enough.

Yeah, because the shit you post is so much more substantial.

#10 The Croatian Sensation

The Croatian Sensation

Controversial Caucasian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:03 PM

much, yes.

#11 Driftwood

Driftwood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:04 PM

It's like you don't even realize you're an apple on a tree.

Outstanding, really.

#12 The Croatian Sensation

The Croatian Sensation

Controversial Caucasian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

I am a golden apple.

#13 Driftwood

Driftwood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

Oh yeah, definitely.

#14 pandorya

pandorya

You've fallen for the greatest con

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:07 PM

Aww congrats m'dear!  It sounds so bloody boring during the healing process though.  It is worth it to be able to see however, so maybe you could get some audio books or something?  That may be boring too 0o

#15 JulesKD

JulesKD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:14 AM

POretty sure the protective lens is floating around somewhere behind my eye.  O_O  this cant be good!

#16 angeles

angeles

why won't you let me go

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:20 AM

friend of mine wants to do that too, they told her it hurts and itches a lot for days after and that you can't see for a week..  blink.gif you can see.. odd

#17 Guest_sugar_*

Guest_sugar_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:37 AM

Ya know?  You should get some books on CD.  That would pass the time for you.  I'd go nuts if I coudln't read, and that's what I'd do.

#18 Soaring above...

Soaring above...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE(JulesKD @ Apr 18 2007, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
POretty sure the protective lens is floating around somewhere behind my eye. O_O this cant be good!

I'm assuming you go in for a visit today.

#19 JulesKD

JulesKD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

Yup, I go inj today, tomrorrow and friday, and monday too.

Books on D is exctly what i"m going to do, gonna have someone drive me to the library tomorrow I think, if I have time. (Which, I've got lots of time so it shoudln'tbe a problem.  smile.gif  )  Good call.

Actually there is very little pain indeed, only when the right lens slips and then it's just like having soemthing in your eye. If your frind has had contat lenses then it's really no different than that. It just feel s like dry contact lenses. I actually an see, much better if I've closed my eyes for a while. WHen I keep do things for too long it gets hazy. Supposedly it gets worse before it gets better but honestly it's not too bad.

So far I'd say I recommend it.

#20 30secs2ecstasy

30secs2ecstasy

0321-007-1050

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:15 AM

Congrats.....that feeling of sand will not last long. I hope your takes well. My sister had it done twice. It worked well on one eye...but she still wears a contact in the other. Well wishes for a speedy recovery!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users