THE 30 SECONDS TO MARS TRADING POST

• Please log in to reply
6460 replies to this topic

#1 Lily_17

Lily_17

Lilybelle Lufflecakes...is ridiculously Canadian.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:18 PM

So I thought to myself the other day...

'Self, this is a very strange fanbase we have here.  We have people all over the world who go out of their way to send each other things even though they've never met.  When magazines or CD's are released in different parts of the world, we have people who will take 'orders' so to speak, and send things to everyone.  This is bizarre.'

And I figured, since people are so lovely and seem to be so willing to help others out...maybe we should set up a thread where people can post things that they have (extras and whatnot), or things that they're looking for so that others can help them out.  

Of course I know that undoubtedly much of it will be contained in the particular thread itself (be it a magazine or whatnot), but at least this way it's a central place for people to come looking for things.

Yes, there's always ebay.  God knows I've used it enough.  But it seems silly that with so many people here from so many different places that we don't have somewhere central to post 'hey, does anyone have an extra one of such-and-such?' or 'can anyone from XXX country grab me one of these?'

I have no idea if this will work or if it's a terrible idea, but I figure it's worth a shot.  Post things you have extras of if you so desire, things that you're looking for or hope someone can pick up for you, and things that you want to trade.  (Please no ticket requests here)

I don't want this to become a bidding war or anything like that, so please don't use it as somewhere to sell your extra shit for profit.  If you just want to sell something and make some extra money, use eBay.  If you're at least open to the possibility of trading it for something, or want to volunteer to send things to people at cost, post it here.  Or, for example, if you bought a shirt and it doesn't fit and you'll sell it at cost or whatever.  That's fine too.

So I guess I'll go first...

EDIT- It's been spoken for.

I bought another copy of the S/T the other day in hopes of getting the 'regular' version that isn't the misprint with the grey circles through the phoenix.  Considering from what I've heard the grey circles ones are somewhat hard to come by since they're old (for some reason my original CD had them) I thought 'hey, this one won't possibly have the grey circles through it.'  So I get it home, unwrap it, and...TA-DA!  Grey circles.  Honestly, what are the odds.

Although I do have stupid amounts of their CD's, I really don't need two that are exactly the same.  And I could probably sell it on eBay but I'd rather just trade it for something I don't have already.

Anyone?

Oh, and happy 3000th post to me.

MUCHO LATE EDITS:

Helpful tips for shipping things...

If you're the one shipping stuff, you might want to take into account paypal fees.  No need to lose money to help people out.

Check the following when trying to figure out shipping costs, especially when looking to give people cheap shipping:

-weight (honestly, sometimes shipping in a lighter envelope can make a difference)
-dimensions of the package (sometimes a little package will have to fit through a slot to go as a small packet vs a parcel, or a poster tube has to be xxx inches long for it to go cheaper when shipping internationally vs domestic)
-the way you ship it (this sounds obvious, but unless you check first, you can get screwed- surface vs air, etc etc)
-insurance (especially when shipping internationally)

Also:

-Put tape on the seals to avoid them being able to open the package (or stickers)
-I usually just put the stuff I'm sending (and think will get squashed) in between two cardboard sheets that are too big for the item, or cut out cardboard ends so that the material doesn't get squashed directly.

How to Post an eBay link (thanks Shaun!)

Minus the http and address bit:

itemZ350040863517QQihZ022QQcategoryZ1572QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViem

delete the bold bit.

VINYL LIST:
For those who wanted a vinyl list (and some tidbits/info for help- I think they are pretty much in order as well):

ABL- Full album, full size vinyl, printed in 2006 in the US, limited quantities but show up on ebay sometimes.  Regular skull seal on both sides.  Comes in clear plastic sleeve.

Attack- 7" single released in UK, first single released and so far, the hardest one to get for newer fans.  Phoenix on one side, regular skulls on the other.  Comes in clear plastic, numbered sleeve.  Flipside:  The Fantasy

The Kill- 7" single released in UK, pop up on ebay now and again.  White with X on one side, black with skulls on the other side.  Comes in clear plastic, numbered sleeve.  Flipside:  Attack (live @ CBGB's)

From Yesterday- 7" single released in the US from Hot Topic only (part of the fanpack).  Black slipcover with warrior on the front, the vinyl is white with asian symbols on the middle parts.  Quite hard to find now, but show up sometimes on ebay.  Flipside:  The Kill, Acoustic Live on VH-1.

From Yesterday- 7" single released in the UK.  Black with warrior on one side, red glyphs on black on the other side.  Comes in clear plastic, numbered sleeve.  I think these still show up a bit on ebay?  Flipside:  A Beautiful Lie (acoustic).

The Kill (Rebirth)- 7" single released in the UK.  Red disc with skull in the middle bits.  Slipcover is red with the pictures of the band on the front (same as the 2nd cover of ABL).  Still pretty easy to find.  Comes with 2 stickers.  Flipside: The Story

From Yesterday- 7" single released in the UK.  Clear disc with black middle (with asian writing). Comes in black slipcover with the warrior on the front.  Was also part of the bundle with the vinyl below and the CD.  Easy to find on ebay still.  Flipside:  The Kill (radio 1 live version).

From Yesterday - 7" single released in the UK.  Red vinyl, with picture of warrior on black centre.  Signatures are 'etched' into the back.  Was part of the bundle above.  Still easy to find on ebay.  Flipside: None.
Hope that helps.  smile.gif   If there are any errors or more info you want me to add, lemme know and I'll edit.

MASKS

Silver (FY) Mask: Search casanova long nose mask, and Venitian long nose mask, some may call it plague mask. They have the most beautiful ones decorated, from Venice.
The other 'Welcome to the Universe' masks are called Pierrot masks.  You can search costume stores for these as well, or ebay.  It's cheaper than searching under '30STM'

http://www.unitedmask.com/Masks/period_and_classic.asp

http://www.unitedmaskandparty.com/Masks/pe...mp;_classic.htm

http://www.columbiacostumes.com/Pages/02_mask_page.htm

http://www.theatrhall.com/boutique.php?src...2A%2A&cat=9

DIY FUN!!!!!!! (thanks to all those who helped with tips!)

T-shirts:

Use regular acrylic paint on fabric, let dry and then iron from the back to set the paint. Put down a clean piece of white fabric between the design and what you are pressing against [ironing board etc] because SOME paint might shed when you iron it. Inside out and gentle wash/air dry is best.

You can also use spray paint especially for cloth.For creating designs, cut out for instance,the phoenix like some sort of a stencil.
Just print the design on paper and use this to draw onto the foil ( self-adhesive transparent foil ). It works like tracing paper.
The foil has a protective film on the sticky side which you can remove afterwards.
And then spraye the outside with color

When filling images in, the paint might crack, but if it's just small little lines, there is the (slight, depending on what you wear it for)
chance of it wearing off. So just be careful with that.

Also, for those of you doing acrylics- while charcoal/chalk pencils are your BEST FRIENDS

If you're using chalk pencils to draw it, and then want to wash the lines off after you're done painting? Make sure you wait a good while before putting the shirt in the water. You may think it's dry, but it probably isn't. I generally wait a couple days. Usually you can just brush it off, but sometimes you do need to wash off the lines depending on how much chalk there is, haha. Once I thought it was dry, put it in the water, and it started to get puffy and wet. Not good. But once it's dry, it's fine to wash.

STENCILS
Want to make a sturdy reusable stencil? Don't have access to the overhead plastic that goes through printers and copiers?
- CLEAR PLASTIC SHEET PROTECTORS FOR PAPERS Cut them so you have two sheets of plastic. Pretty sturdy... I used them a lot. However, they are only good for a stencil up to 8 1/2 x 11 [or whatever the standard paper size is in your country] so I was limited as to how big my stencils could be.
- CLEAR CONTACT PAPER IN BIG ROLLS This stuff is awesome. It is available in big rolls and all you do is cut two pieces of equal size, peel the paper backing off to reveal the sticky side, and then press sticky side to sticky side [carefully, to avoid bubbles] and you get a mondo piece of sturdy clear plastic! Big enough to trace out the mithra on the back of the original version white echelon hoodie... I love this so much that I no longer use the Sheet Protectors, even for little jobs. I am all about the Clear Contact Paper. It's very sturdy!

So lay your clear plastic of choice on the design you want, trace with a permanent marker and there is your pattern. Then grab your utility knife or better yet, a sharp exacto/X-acto knive. Now use a steady hand to cut out the areas that you will want to paint. *** note. If doing this for the first time, don't forget that some pieces need "support sections" or they will flop around or dissapear all together. Example... an O. If you cut out the O without support sections, the middle of the O is gone and now you have a solid oval. Not so nice. So leave small strips connecting the inside of the O to corrispond with the outside of the O, in order to keep the inside in place... do these at 12, 3, 6 and 9 on a clock. Did that make sense? Do we need a picture? I can provide.

After cutting out the frigging thing, palms sweating, fingers aching, the beautiful thing is that this stencil can now be centered accurately [since it's clear] and can be used again and again [since it is made of sturdy plastic]  smile.gif

Store plastic stencils flat... they can curl up if smooshed. Happily, they can be flattened again with something heavy on top of them and a day or two to recover.

Making stuff with Fimo/Sculpey
It won't be completely hard when you take them out of the oven.  I don't know how to describe the texture, but they're just...rubbery.  Like if you pushed your nail into it a bit, it wouldn't mark, but it's still not HARD.  If you wait until they are hard, then they'll be burnt.

Take them out and let them cool, and they'll harden up.

Also, don't make the stuff too thin, or it will just break.  You can also engrave it with a pin/needle beforehand and fill in with paint afterwards (if you have a really steady hand).

"Bake" first, then paint, since most paints don't take the heat too well.   Acrylic paint will work fine afterwards.

There is special fimo varnish available in crafting stores, but I think other crafting varnish should be ok as well. Again, use after "baking" and cooling down. There might even be a glossy and a matted version, that only helps to keep rhinestones in place and fixates paint, but I could be mistaken about that.

Also, to help fimo keep its shape in the oven, you can stabilize it with something, that can take the heat, like a metal tube.  Knitting needles are often recommended when making beads.  

Have fun, create and share!

#2 createdlies

createdlies

Because I'm Awesome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Lily_17 @ Apr 7 2007, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I guess I'll go first...

I bought another copy of the S/T the other day in hopes of getting the 'regular' version that isn't the misprint with the grey circles through the phoenix.  Considering from what I've heard the grey circles ones are somewhat hard to come by since they're old (for some reason my original CD had them) I thought 'hey, this one won't possibly have the grey circles through it.'  So I get it home, unwrap it, and...TA-DA!  Grey circles.  Honestly, what are the odds.

Although I do have stupid amounts of their CD's, I really don't need two that are exactly the same.  And I could probably sell it on eBay but I'd rather just trade it for something I don't have already.

Anyone?

Well Lily... I already sent your packages but I'll be happy to take that sucker off your hands... my S/T is looking a bit...used. ph34r.gif

#3 Guest_Palus Exercitus_*

Guest_Palus Exercitus_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

I want one of those guitar picks.

smile.gif

oh, and I have about 10 copies of ABL.

I have some to spare.

#4 createdlies

createdlies

Because I'm Awesome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

I hate these boards sometimes. sad.gif

#5 {tanya}

{tanya}

[ 0107-007-0934 ]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:24 PM

i'd like to see a picture of that disc... you mean that the two grey circles with the writing on them are OVER the phoenix? ...bizzarre...

#6 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE({tanya} @ Apr 7 2007, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'd like to see a picture of these circles... you mean that the two grey circles with the writing on them are OVER the phoenix? ...bizzarre...

Yeah, they go right through it.  I'll grab a pic in a sec.  I actually didn't know that it was different at first because my original copy has it, but then a while ago someone posted the regular one and I went 'wtf.'

Same with the Canadian version of ABL- the disc is actually silver, not white.  So if anyone needs one of those (if you collect shit like me) I can possibly grab one for you.

#7 Kashie

Kashie

I go through these walls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:28 PM

Now I'm curious: Tell me, does this one have 'circles'?

#8 {tanya}

{tanya}

[ 0107-007-0934 ]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

thank you :]

my ABL disc is silver too...

#9 Guest_Palus Exercitus_*

Guest_Palus Exercitus_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE({tanya} @ Apr 7 2007, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thank you :]

my ABL disc is silver too...

Mine too.

It also has WIAD Acoustic, right?

#10 {tanya}

{tanya}

[ 0107-007-0934 ]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

yes Ty.

and mine looks like yours, Kashie.
that's the "regular" one.

#11 Mathilde

Mathilde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(Palus Exercitus @ Apr 7 2007, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine too.

mine is silver but doesn't have WIAD acoustic
and i guess i have the misprinted s/t too
weird stuff in Canada i guess huh.gif

#12 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(Palus Exercitus @ Apr 7 2007, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine too.

No, that's ANOTHER copy I think.  blink.gif

This is where it gets confusing.  I have the Japanese copy, the Canadian copy, and the US copy.  The Japanese one has WIAD acoustic PLUS the Attack video.  I read somewhere that the original European copy (not the new one with the opendisc thing) just had the WIAD acoustic on it but I can't be sure- can anyone confirm?

However, although the Japanese and the Canadian ones are both silver, they're not even close to the same disc.  The Japanese one is really shiny silver, and the Canadian one looks more like the skulls are raised- they have far more definition than the Japanese one.

I don't have the regular European one yet.   sad.gif   Nor do I have the Aussie one where the disc is apparently white and silver.  Anyone help us out here?

Oh, and this is my S/T copy:

#13 Guest_Palus Exercitus_*

Guest_Palus Exercitus_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE(Lily_17 @ Apr 7 2007, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, that's ANOTHER copy I think.  blink.gif

It's the ABL import that I got in Germany, it's silver, has a bonus track, and shows Battle and Hunter on the back.

#14 Lily_17

Lily_17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(Palus Exercitus @ Apr 7 2007, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's the ABL import that I got in Germany, it's silver, has a bonus track, and shows Battle and Hunter on the back.

Okay, so you must have the original European release.  The Canadian one is silver but doesn't show the two tracks on the back, nor does it have WIAD acoustic.

Dammit, another one I don't have.

#15 EchelonDurango

EchelonDurango

Apocalyptic & Insane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,232 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:00 PM

My S/T was like that... but it was stolen a few years back. sad.gif Now my copy is the normal one. I would love to have copies of all of the cds from everywhere... I just don't have anything to trade.

#16 Lizzie_Borden

Lizzie_Borden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

Well, my stuff isn't really band stuff but i'll give these mags to anyone who wants to pay me just the shipping to send them. I need to get rid of them...cleaning out my closet. I already gave/traded all my 30 stuff and kept what i really wanted
[the yearbook, advanced cd's.. imports, signed shit etc...] Let me know and they're yours. If you're a jared fan then they are for you. The L'uomo  and flaunt ones are fantastic...seeing the pics online suck...  compared to seeing them in the actual mags.
And ty, haven't you gone to shows? And you have never managed to get a guitar pick yet?

Edit....all mags are still available minus the OUT one.

#17 Guest_Palus Exercitus_*

Guest_Palus Exercitus_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(Lily_17 @ Apr 7 2007, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, so you must have the original European release.  The Canadian one is silver but doesn't show the two tracks on the back, nor does it have WIAD acoustic.

Dammit, another one I don't have.

Well, I think I lost mine..I haven't seen it in weeks.

I found my oldest ABL that I got in '05 yesterday though, it was in one of my old CD players, weird.

#18 Guest_Palus Exercitus_*

Guest_Palus Exercitus_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(Lizzie_Borden @ Apr 7 2007, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And ty, haven't you gone to shows? And you have never managed to get a guitar pick yet?

I've been to 5 shows and have never been able to get one.
sad.gif

#19 {tanya}

{tanya}

[ 0107-007-0934 ]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(Palus Exercitus @ Apr 7 2007, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's mine!

QUOTE(Lizzie_Borden @ Apr 7 2007, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, my stuff isn't really band stuff but i'll give these mags to anyone who wants to pay me just the shipping to send them. I need to get rid of them...cleaning out my closet. I already gave/traded all my 30 stuff and kept what i really wanted
[the yearbook, advanced cd's.. imports, signed shit etc...] Let me know and they're yours. If you're a jared fan then they are for you. The L'uomo  and flaunt ones are fantastic...seeing the pics online suck...  compared to seeing them in the actual mags.

*is afraid of rocks being thrown at her*
i would love those...

#20 freakychick

freakychick

certified cult member.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:20 PM

oooh...i actually want that flaunt one, diane (one of my fave mags, BTW)...meh, throw rocks at me if you must biggrin.gif

also, is anyone able to spare one or two of their 30STM stickers (the promo ones, either the one with the trinity skull symbol or the new FY ones)...in exchange, i can send you a copy of Gasoline magazine (the one with jared on the cover, featured the band inside, the free Canadian one?)...i only have one extra left though, so first come, first serve.

thank you...and great idea for a thread, lily.

wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users