'The Kill' Will Never Die

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 statikx

statikx

R.I.P. 2002 - 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:11 PM

30 SECONDS TO MARS
SETS MODERN ROCK RADIO RECORD

Certified Platinum
Virgin Record’s Album ‘A BEAUTIFUL LIE’
Rolls On With Video/Radio Hit ‘From Yesterday’

Band Co-Headline ‘Taste Of Chaos’ Tour 2007

NEW YORK – With a record-setting run of 50 weeks on the Billboard Modern Rock airplay chart and counting, “The Kill,” by Virgin Records platinum rock quartet 30 SECONDS TO MARS is now the longest-running hit in the history of the Modern Rock chart, which first started monitoring in 1988.

“The Kill,” was the second single from the certified platinum release A BEAUTIFUL LIE, the band’s second album, which came out on August 30, 2005. Combining a passionate performance and imagery that paid homage to the Stephen King / Stanley Kubrick film classic The Shining, the video clip of “The Kill” won the band a series of awards and nominations from MTV, FUSE, mtvU, and Billboard. The smash hit peaked at No. 3 on the Modern Rock chart.

Having been touring since before the albums release, making stops on Warped, Bamboozle, Lollapalooza and headlining the MTV2 $2 Bill Welcome To The Universe Tour, it should be no surprise that 30 SECONDS TO MARS is marking this new career milestone when they co-headline the Rockstar Taste of Chaos Tour, which will take them coast-to-coast through the United States and Canada through early April.

The current single by 30 SECONDS TO MARS, “From Yesterday,” maintains its dominant position in the Modern Rock Top 10 and is continuing to climb the charts. The Fourteen-minute epic short film / video of “From Yesterday,” was the first American music video shot entirely in the People’s Republic of China. “From Yesterday” was, like “The Kill,” directed by reclusive Bartholomew Cubbins, framing a cast of hundreds of warriors, acrobats, eunuchs, and even fireworks in a massive, expressive display of art, culture and storytelling.

The Rockstar Taste of Chaos tour kicks off February 15th in Everett, WA.

They will also be doing other headlining shows throughout the country. For complete dates, visit the tour page here.

#2 Guest_sugar_*

Guest_sugar_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:19 PM

You know, before people come in here and start bitching or starts the old debate (maybe they won't), I'd like to say that I am proud and impressed, happy and continually in awe of how far this band has come.

Major congratulations and kudos to each of them.

#3 The Croatian Sensation

The Croatian Sensation

Controversial Caucasian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:19 PM

Too fucking bad it won't.

#4 MrSdiZzLe

MrSdiZzLe

We're not the same

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:22 PM

I posted that in here earlier not that it matters

#5 statikx

statikx

R.I.P. 2002 - 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(The Croatian Sensation @ Feb 1 2007, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too fucking bad it won't.

LOL yea I know. It's fucking weird how the whole world likes that song. But yea I hate it now, since it's overplayed too much now, and because a lot of people that just like that song don't even know about their S/T cd.

QUOTE(MrSdiZzLe @ Feb 1 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I posted that in here earlier not that it matters

Oh damn! I should of searched for it.

#6 MrSdiZzLe

MrSdiZzLe

We're not the same

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(statikx @ Feb 1 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh damn! I should of searched for it.
I didn't feel like making a new thread for it just b/c 99% of the ppl here wouldn't care....ohhhhh no it's The Kill!  rolleyes.gif

#7 Keely

Keely

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:33 PM

If I knew any sort of... anything... about billboards/music charts maybe I'd be able to say if this was a big deal or not. But it SOUNDS like a big deal.

#8 Jer

Jer

VIP☆STAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE(Keely @ Feb 1 2007, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I knew any sort of... anything... about billboards/music charts maybe I'd be able to say if this was a big deal or not. But it SOUNDS like a big deal.

It might be a big deal if they weren't signed to Virgin Records and if the Billboard Charts were based on talent.

#9 Lily_17

Lily_17

Lilybelle Lufflecakes...is ridiculously Canadian.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:04 PM

Whatever Jer.   tongue.gif   I'm still happy about it.

#10 Guest_The Vagabond_*

Guest_The Vagabond_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Jer @ Feb 1 2007, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It might be a big deal if they weren't signed to Virgin Records and if the Billboard Charts were based on talent.

/thread

#11 Guest_sugar_*

Guest_sugar_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:18 PM

But it does matter, businesswise/industry wise. And they've worked so hard for such successes--so, even if you hate "The Kill" and see such an honor as one that required little talent, maybe you could focus on all of the talent they evidence in many, many other songs, see it as a major contributing factor?

I dunno.  It gets really old (and a little depressing), hearing people tear down that which they once built up.  We have scores of recent interviews where they all agree (well Jared says, the others nod and smile) that last year was the best of their lives.  That sort of joy comes from things like this.  I can't see begruding them it.

/sorta sleepy rant that will go nowhere with many of you but makes me feel lovely

#12 Kanakavallee

Kanakavallee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:28 AM

I guess it's kind of understandable that the song would be so much more popular than those of the first album, sad as it is. There are all these strange, unwritten rules in the music industry, and the song seems to follow those lines, being less Grungey, more... whatever it is that you want to call it.

I love the song, but it's seriously over-played. Almost everyday, at least one of my friends inform me that it's playing on their local stations or on a television programme, etc. It gets a tad bit dull after a while.

#13 ferro_man

ferro_man

feed me to the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE(statikx @ Feb 1 2007, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NEW YORK – With a record-setting run of 50 weeks on the Billboard Modern Rock airplay chart and counting, “The Kill,” by Virgin Records platinum rock quartet 30 SECONDS TO MARS is now the longest-running hit in the history of the Modern Rock chart, which first started monitoring in 1988.

thats pretty big considering my local station stopped playing it when they got from yesterday

#14 starsign

starsign

I am an agent of chaos. (whee!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE(statikx @ Feb 1 2007, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL yea I know. It's fucking weird how the whole world likes that song. But yea I hate it now, since it's overplayed too much now, and because a lot of people that just like that song don't even know about their S/T cd.

This...is why I don't listen to the radio at all unless it's completely unavoidable (aka my ipod dies). I got sick of hearing the same 10 songs on K-rock when it was actually a rock station years ago haha. Therefore I never know when things are overplayed unless I fall asleep with fuse or something on which means when I wake up 3 times throught the night it's usually to the same damn song. Last time I did listen to the radio was because someone asked me to, that was for about 10 minutes then I quickly shut it off.

Aside from that, I am proud of them. That's pretty friggin sweet, breaking records or what not...no matter how you look at it.

#15 Guest_Mary'sBuddha_*

Guest_Mary'sBuddha_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:14 AM

That's pretty cool for them, but it also is an appropriate time to quote the new Apples In Stereo record...

TURN UP YOUR STEREO
DROWN OUT THE BULLSHIT
ON THE FM RADIO

#16 killmelater

killmelater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:16 AM

i'm really happy for them. they've worked hella hard for this, and they deserve it biggrin.gif

#17 Tereza8472

Tereza8472

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(killmelater @ Feb 2 2007, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm really happy for them. they've worked hella hard for this, and they deserve it biggrin.gif

I have to agree. They have been working towards this kind of sucess for a long time and they deserve it. Congrats Guys!

#18 ~Ani~

~Ani~

Is this who you are...?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:48 AM

That is a great achievement, and one of which they should be proud.

#19 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(sugar @ Feb 1 2007, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, before people come in here and start bitching or starts the old debate (maybe they won't), I'd like to say that I am proud and impressed, happy and continually in awe of how far this band has come.

Major congratulations and kudos to each of them.
Amen sugar.

Congratulations gentlemen. You deserve it!

#20 jmig

jmig

"Say No to Love"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,063 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Lily_17 @ Feb 2 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatever Jer.   tongue.gif   I'm still happy about it.

I saw this the other day and sent it to Jill and told her we made history - well not really but I will always have a soft spot for this song because of the video  cool.gif despite the arguments and annoyances that it has caused

and I also say good for them - despite what anyone else says I still think they want this type of success and because of that I am happy for them - they have def. worked hard - again despite any comments otherwise they HAVE worked hard so every little acknowledgement or success is well earned for that reason