Pythagoras...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
136 replies to this topic

#41 ChristineZ

ChristineZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

DomtarOpaque.
Welcome to the boards. smile.gif

TheHuntress,
The white one is "Pythagoras," and the new black one is "Artemis."

#42 TheHuntress

TheHuntress

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(ChristineZ @ Jan 30 2007, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TheHuntress,

Ahh gotcha, thanks!

Alright here's my contribution although it probably won't help much.

#43 DomtarOpaque

DomtarOpaque

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(Stigmatized @ Jan 30 2007, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah it is. there is more info there too. You should get mcswain to do it....he makes GREAT guitars indeed.

Ha ha... I wishI could get him to... I doubt he would even if I had the money though...

#44 Guest_sugar_*

Guest_sugar_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:33 PM

V *snuggle*

#45 ChristineZ

ChristineZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:33 PM

You're welcome.
I like the way the guitars get a name. I think it adds personality.
They're kind of performers to.  smile.gif

#46 TheHuntress

TheHuntress

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:37 PM

I must say I like pythagoras better  smile.gif

#47 Stigmatized

Stigmatized

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(DomtarOpaque @ Jan 30 2007, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha ha... I wishI could get him to... I doubt he would even if I had the money though...

You would be very surprised....he doesn't just make them for rock stars dude.  wink.gif

hey superspiffy, long time no see.

#48 freakychick

freakychick

certified cult member.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

another sexy shot of pythagoras.

#49 Jstreetstar

Jstreetstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(freakychick @ Jan 30 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

another sexy shot of pythagoras.

Which is in such desperate need of a paint job.^^^^ But, who am I to judge, my oldest one could definatley use a touch up.

#50 awkwardlastwords

awkwardlastwords

don't dance so close to me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

Pythag is sexy.

That is all.

#51 bowieweiland

bowieweiland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(New Noise @ Jan 30 2007, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's the best pic of it I have.

That's my picture  smile.gif  (small version of it)

(actual size: )

Here's another one from that same night (Spokane, 7-16-06):

#52 Stigmatized

Stigmatized

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(bowieweiland @ Jan 30 2007, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's my picture  smile.gif  (small version of it)

(actual size: )
Here's another one from that same night (Spokane, 7-16-06):

ohmy.gif
someone posted your pics already. did you miss that?

#53 bowieweiland

bowieweiland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(Stigmatized @ Jan 30 2007, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif
someone posted your pics already. did you miss that?

Um, no... I saw someone posted the first one so I was just saying that it was a photo I took (that's why it's quoted). Another one of the photos I took is shown smaller in virginie frenchfan's post (first and third down on the right are mine).

The other photo of the guitar wasn't posted yet.

#54 Stigmatized

Stigmatized

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(bowieweiland @ Jan 30 2007, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um, no... I saw someone posted the first one so I was just saying that it was a photo I took (that's why it's quoted). Another one of the photos I took is shown smaller in virginie frenchfan's post (first and third down on the right are mine).

The other photo of the guitar wasn't posted yet.

oops, my bad.

#55 DomtarOpaque

DomtarOpaque

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(Stigmatized @ Jan 30 2007, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You would be very surprised....he doesn't just make them for rock stars dude.  wink.gif

hey superspiffy, long time no see.

No I know, my meaning being I doubt he would remake a guitar made custom for Leto for me.  Its "his guitar" and alll.

Besides, he prob wouldn't work in my price range...

#56 freakychick

freakychick

certified cult member.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE(Jstreetstar @ Jan 30 2007, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which is in such desperate need of a paint job.^^^^ But, who am I to judge, my oldest one could definatley use a touch up.

i know...i took that photo november last year, and i notice how scratched it was...that's the hard part about having a white guitar...every single imperfection is magnified to the nines.

he may have re-touhced the paint, from the looks of the current concert shots, but who knows.

oh, hi, bowieweiland!

smile.gif

#57 DomtarOpaque

DomtarOpaque

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:22 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies, I have decided that I am going to get a version of Artemis built!

#58 mabo

mabo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,426 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:12 AM

From Monday (29-1-07) in Cologne:
click to enlarge, its huge:

#59 aoqtpi88

aoqtpi88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(ChristineZ @ Jan 30 2007, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TheHuntress,

I skimmed this topic and when I saw this I went and wiki'd it (Which  Im sure this information is somewhere else in the board and Im sure someone is going to yell at me for but get over it). I thought I would share my enlightenment:

Pythagoras of Samos (Greek: Πυθαγόρας; circa 582 BC circa 507 BC) was an Ionian (Greek) mathematician, astronomer, scientist and philosopher, founder of the mathematical, mystic, religious, and scientific society called Pythagoreans. He was called Pytha-goras because[citation needed] the Pythian oracle predicted his birth.

He is best known for the Pythagorean theorem which bears his name. Known as "the father of numbers," Pythagoras made influential contributions to philosophy and religious teaching in the late 6th century BC. Because legend and obfuscation cloud his work even more than with the other pre-Socratics, one can say little with confidence about his life and teachings. We do know that Pythagoras and his students believed that everything was related to mathematics and that numbers were the ultimate reality and, through mathematics, everything could be predicted and measured in rhythmic patterns or cycles. Pythagoras once said that "number is the ruler of forms and ideas and the cause of gods and demons" according to Iamblichus.

Artemis (Greek: nominative Ἄρτεμις, genitive Ἀρτέμιδος), in Olympian Greek mythology the daughter of Zeus and of Leto and the twin sister of Apollo, was one of the most widely venerated of the gods and manifestly one of the oldest deities (Burkert 1985:149). In later times she was combined with the Roman goddess Diana. In Etruscan mythology, she took the form of Artume. Deer and cypress are sacred to her.

In Greek mythology, Lētṓ (Greek: Λητώ, Lato in Dorian Greek, the "hidden one") is a daughter of the Titans Coeus and Phoebe. In the Olympian scheme of things, Zeus is the father of her twins, Apollo and Artemis. Leto is scarcely to be conceived apart from being pregnant and finding a suitable place to be delivered of Apollo, the second of her twins. This is her one active mythic role: once Apollo and Artemis are grown, Leto withdraws, to remain a dim and benevolent matronly figure upon Olympus, her part already played.

It has been proposed that the name "Leto" originates from the verb "lanthanein" (to be concealed or oblivious) hence "lethe" (oblivion) and "lotus" (the fruit that brings oblivion to those who eat it). Others say it comes from the same origin as "Leda", meaning "woman/wife" in ancient Lydia.[citation needed]

In Crete, at the city of Dreros, Spyridon Marinatos uncovered an 8th-century post-Minoan hearth house temple in which there were found three unique figures of Apollo, Artemis and Leto made of brass sheeting hammered over a shaped core. Walter Burkert notes (in Greek Religion) that in Phaistos she appears in connection with an initiation cult.

In Roman mythology her equivalent, as mother of Apollo and Diana, is Latona.

Leto was the principal goddess of Anatolian Lycia. Her sanctuary, the Letoon near Xanthos, united the Lycian confederacy of city-states. The people of Cos also claimed Leto as their own.

A measure of what a primal goddess Leto was can be recognized in her father and mother. Her Titan father is called "Coeus," and his name links him to the sphere of heaven from pole to pole. Leto's mother "Phoebe" is precisely the "pure" and "purifying" epithet of the full moon.

Don't you feel enlightened now?

#60 Guest_Mary'sBuddha_*

Guest_Mary'sBuddha_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:11 AM

I stole Pythagoras from Jared once.

True story.