NEWBIES POST HERE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2312 replies to this topic

#2281 staceymars

staceymars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hi there :)

I'm Stacey, I'm 17 (soon to be 18) and I'm from Northern Ireland. I've loved the band since 2007/8 and they have just completely changed my life. Unfortunately I don't know very many people that happen to like the band, so I thought joining here would help able me to talk to those that do share this love. I saw 30STM for the first time last week at Belsonic Festival in Belfast and I have never experienced a gig like it before in my life. It definitely won't be the last time I see them.

Sorry for boring you, but that's pretty much it :P

#2282 Tails

Tails

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

Greetings everyone! I'm fifteen years old. I've known of 30 Seconds since around 2004, but I only really got into them last year. I hope you all don't mind I'm still a newbie to the band. I have their latest album and bits and pieces of their previous two! My favourite track is Edge Of The Earth. I also play video games, a big "duh" being Sonic (no I'm not the real Tails =P). Unfortunately, I have yet to see them since they haven't came here since I really got into them. Anything else, just ask!

#2283 hanzee1022

hanzee1022

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

My name is Hannah.
No shame in admitting to being a newbie to the forum, but long time fan of the band, LONG TIME. I'm 18, going to be 19 in October. Although I sadly haven't been able to see them live yet, I involve myself in everything that deals with 30stm. I actually cried at the Closer to the Edge video because to me, it's so....majestic that the band has that kind of power over people. I mean the circle of people running in the crowd, people literally tearing Jared's shirt off, to the kid that's standing on the crowd. I have goosebumps right now just thinking about it. This band speaks to my musical soul. It fulfills everything satisfaction I need music wise.

Echelon for life.

#2284 siteandrun012

siteandrun012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:13 AM

hello all,
i am new here and my name is sheril.:)

#2285 ladycake

ladycake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hello lovelies.
I made a thread before I discovered this one. oops!
Anyways, look forward to meeting you all :) xo

#2286 Mon72

Mon72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:23 AM

Hi I arrived a couple of days ago. My name is Monique. I am 39 and from Holland. Married, no kids, 3 great cats. I am creative, gentle, sensitive, spiritual and love Mars (obviously or I wouldn't be here). I look forward getting to know you all. Don't hesitate to say hi if you like. :)

#2287 ladycake

ladycake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

^Hi Monique! Holland looks like such a lovely place to live! :) I'm Gina. I'm 21 from California. xxo

#2288 Mon72

Mon72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

View Postladycake, on 09 October 2011 - 01:10 PM, said:

^Hi Monique! Holland looks like such a lovely place to live! :) I'm Gina. I'm 21 from California. xxo

Hi Gina, Holland is a wonderful place to live. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Of course there are problems here just like in every other country. I've been to California in the past. To Sacramento.

#2289 ladycake

ladycake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

I've been to the Amsterdam airport, but that's it. Didn't get a chance to go out and explore the country. Maybe one day though :)

Oh, awesome! I'm from the Bay Area, near San Francisco :) It's lovely here!

#2290 30stmbandmonkey

30stmbandmonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

[font="Arial"][font="Comic Sans MS"]hi everyone i'm not sure what i'm doing i have never done anything like this before but i have been a big fan of 30stm since 05 and have seen them 2 times in chicago. i thought i would be cool to talk with like minded people. nobody i know has ever heard of 30stm. so i look forward to talking with some of you. :P

#2291 The_Devotchka

The_Devotchka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

Should probably make the ceremonial newbie post.
I've lurked for a while... posted a couple of replies because I was looking for fellow Echelon strolling over to the Nantes gig in France because I cannot speak French, at all.
Anyway, I'm Lily, I'm 17, and I have the glyph's tattoo'ed on my ankle.
I've been a fan for about 3 years, but it's been on and off so I never sought out the Echelon.

#2292 b3xy

b3xy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

Hi, my name is Rebecca though most people know me as Bexy, I've been listening to the 30STM for ages now but never really got involved with the Echelon before, mainly due to being at uni and being too busy, but now I have decided to get more involved and I love it already. Umm not sure what else to put...except that I am ment to be writing up my thesis at this point and have about a week left and so far today I have spent it on tumblr, here, doing random drawings and looking for a ticket to see them in Paris...so the uni stuff isnt going so great at the moment!

#2293 Lauramac

Lauramac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

Hi all - my name is Laura and I'm 39. From the Columbus, Ohio USA area. Married with two teenage boys. Relatively new 30STM fan (about a year) but fell in love with the music as soon as I heard it. I don't know a lot of other fans, other than ones I've converted, so looking forward to meeting other fans. :)

#2294 danabeaton

danabeaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Hey :) Took me far too long to find the introduction thread after already starting posting.

My name's Dana, I'm 17 and from Scotland.

Figured it was time to join the 30STM forum after being a fan for so long. Hope I can help out with promotion and meet others :D

#2295 WickedWitchy

WickedWitchy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

Oh, here it is! :D Was looking for the newbie thread.
Anyway, hi all! I'm Mirjana, Mir for short, living in the south of Holland, 33, married, working hard on getting some kiddies. Fan since ST but never had time to get involved in the community and decided to step it up after lurking here for a good year.
Hope to get to know you all and have fun being a part of this :D

#2296 foxx

foxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

So, I have finally found it? Really? Please, tell me this is the place to say 'Hi'!!
I feel so lost in here, I think this is the first topic, I've found, that has replies from 2011!
My name is Ann, I am almost 15 years old (my b-day is on 18th November, just saying), from Latvia, Riga.
Had been listening to Mars for 2-3 years, can't quite remember actually, the first song heard from them- From Yesterday- and it's still one of my favourites.
Thought of finally joining the official forum after seeing 30STM live in Riga, that was amazing.

#2297 Yetska

Yetska

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

Right.. i guess i should announce myself too..

Hi my name is Nele
I'm from Belgium, Antwerp, born raised, and still living there.. :P
I'm 25 years old,
and I've only considered myself a fan for a few months now, always liked the music though.. :)
I'm only going to see them live for the first time on November 30th.
Looking forward to spending more time here, and meeting new friends :)

x Nele

#2298 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

Hi everyone, guess I'm next up for the newbie intro. I'm 27 and from the UK but I recently moved to Belgium - I don't live in one of the bigger cities so it's hard to meet like-minded people or in fact anyone who's heard of the band. I've lurked on here a bit before just enjoying people's discussions but finally got round to signing up last week. Yeah, I'm slow ;)

I have to admit I'm one of the This Is War recruits - I knew about the music before and really connected with bits and pieces on the earlier albums but I guess maybe I wasn't in the right place to really understand what they were saying. TIW really just shocked me right out of whatever brain-space I was in and shook me around a bit and then I was off, checking out videos, buying albums, singing (yelling) into my hairbrush and generally obsessing. Some of my friends won't get in the car with me now because it's "that band again!" I'm not one of those fans that knows everything about them, I haven't done any campaigns besides voting like a maniac online, but good god do I love their music. I hope - no, I know - I'll be able to share that here!

#2299 Guest_maze_*

Guest_maze_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

Everyone is new at one point, grow some mind power and get real... I am new, I have been at many shows with the band am I really new at all?

#2300 Fugo-Astrum

Fugo-Astrum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

Hellooz fellow fans!

Another newbie here too. =) I'm Mandy, I'm -like I just noticed in earlier posts- also from the Netherlands. (A lot of dutchies here) My best friend made me Mars-addict, so it's all her fault for me being here, haha. I have a craving need for music and also try to create my own sound on my guitars, which seems to work out. i'm a big talker, but a bigger listener. My favourite Mars songs are Vox Populi, This is War, Closer to the Edge, The Kill ( first song I heard ) and 100 suns. The 30th of November I'll be attending my first Mars concert, so Nele, I'll see you there ;D

Pfwieeeeew, I haven't got a clue what I'd write furthermore, but anyways. I'm happy to be here =)
see you all raround ;)
*marshugs*