Is Jared a hypocrite?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#21 thedisinterest

thedisinterest

i do it for the drugs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE(scrumptious @ Dec 7 2005, 08:06 AM)
i don't see what the problem is..
he wasn't talking about it
u just found a paper with promo about lord of war
anyone could have placed it there

there is no problem at all.

#22 starsign

starsign

I am an agent of chaos. (whee!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:46 AM

I'd be quick to assume that it was his PR people who said hey these would be good to have passed out during shows so lets get them out to A.) our street people to pass them out at 30stm shows or B.) send them out to the LG street team to pass em out. I wouldn't doubt Jared had any involvement in it I mean hey he does need to support both of his careers but he did do a Fuse appearance here and my friend who works there saved me a bunch of those stickers and this really cool bullet necklace promo item (I like bullet stuff). I know he hates the mixing and matching of his careers but I do believe that he's getting a little more...tolerant of it or maybe it's just the *older* stuff he doesn't like being remembered for. I mean I wouldn't wanna be remembered for half the shit I did over 10 years ago either, esp. when I'm trying to move forward in a career. If someone brought up my first geocities website that was the most horrible looking thing ever....I'd get pissed too (just a random example). I think I lost my train of thought...

Anyways like it was stated, everyones a hypocrite rock/movie stars are no different.

#23 scrumptious

scrumptious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE(thedisinterest @ Dec 7 2005, 05:41 PM)
there is no problem at all.

that's all i needed to know

#24 jorjol

jorjol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:31 AM

I don't see the problem if he decided for the first time to promote a film in that way and the film was LOW that's great! I have just respect for him, because this is an indipendent film supported by Amnesty International.

#25 Coyote

Coyote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:04 PM

scrumtious, i like your siggy pix, Jared and tomo have the same haircut in that pic.. hehe..

(sorry, this is way off topic)

but yeah, if 30/Jared decide to promote nike sneakers or iPods in the future i'm cool with that.
he always promotes the band when he's doing movie stuff, who cares if he does the opposite as well.. (I think he was the only one that had an issue with that in the first place, but i guess he's worked that out? )

#26 softer_sin

softer_sin

you are the reason I can't control myself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(SoulSearcher @ Dec 6 2005, 10:08 PM)

#27 spron

spron

www.shadingthesun.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:39 PM

ABL is hypocritical in itself.

"There are enough people out there writing songs about their girlfriend's and their dad's, who are good at it."

Jared used to [nearly] throw fits every time someone mentioned his acting. He wanted the music to be pure. During the time of self-titled, nearly every article about 30stm said nothing about Jared being an actor. Now, every article does.

So don't read too much into promotion of Lord of War. Times change with money and desparity.

#28 JthomasZ

JthomasZ

I found you, you fuck.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:55 PM

Jared used to [nearly] throw fits every time someone mentioned his acting. He wanted the music to be pure.
  ya and the first 30stm concert i went to some chick was like whos 30stm and this dude was like youve never heard of JARED LETO? Its HIS band. She was like no whos that? he was like umm hes one of the dudes from fight club duh. So i guess even some of the fans didn't get the memo on the pure music thing and that just because hes an actor he doesn't carry the band singlehandedly!!!

#29 coredelusion

coredelusion

live your light

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE(spron @ Dec 7 2005, 08:39 PM)

"There are enough people out there writing songs about their girlfriend's and their dad's, who are good at it."

Jared used to [nearly] throw fits every time someone mentioned his acting. He wanted the music to be pure. During the time of self-titled, nearly every article about 30stm said nothing about Jared being an actor. Now, every article does.

So don't read too much into promotion of Lord of War. Times change with money and desparity.

WOW great post! Yeah he is doing a lot of things he said he would never do, but there’s a lesson here.. never say never!

I mean he used to say I’d rather have only a few fans for the right reasons rather than more fans for the wrong reasons,
and now he has the fans he said he never wanted.
Thing is the only person not upset about it his him, so who are we to say anything.

#30 volte

volte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(spron @ Dec 7 2005, 08:39 PM)

Well said.
I still remember this sentence...

All has changed.

30STM can't live on air.

#31 Oni

Oni

Sentery of Death (O.G. Trifecta)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(RedScarlett @ Dec 6 2005, 02:11 PM)
how do you know?

I just do

#32 Fairy55

Fairy55

Ghetto's Slut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(spron @ Dec 7 2005, 10:39 PM)

exquisitly put
Did I even spell that right?
o well w/e

#33 spron

spron

www.shadingthesun.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:33 AM

Sure, darling. Sure.