SUPERNATURAL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
956 replies to this topic

#1 minara

minara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,294 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:37 AM

Ok I started watching Supernatural.  This show rocks.

I <3 Jensen Ackles.  

Gonna miss him on Smallville!  Which I haven't seen the season premiere for yet, so shut your mouths before you even tell me! I'm avoiding the Smallville thread like the plague =)

Ok so basically, the premise of this show is that there are two brothers (Dean, played by Ackles, and Sam, played by Jared Padalecki) who witness their mothers death by unknown, 'supernatural' forces when Dean is 5 and Sam is just a baby.  Jump 20 years and they are on a mission to find their father, a demon/ghost hunter who has vanished.  The take up the family trade and set off.  Of note: Sam's girlfriend is found dead in the exact same manner as his mother was: sort of stuck to the ceiling, with a black 'ribbon' thing sort of holding her to the ceiling, enveloped in flames.

Ok, so who else watches it?

#2 Dr. Frostbite

Dr. Frostbite

01000110 01100001 01101001 01101100

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:56 AM

I think that show has a lot of potential. The older brother (yeah, it shows you how much i pay attention to anything in life) is pretty cool--and the show likes to leave tidbits of references regarding the father nthroughout each show, kinda leaving you wanting to find them, or find out what happened to him.

#3 mwilliams1319

mwilliams1319

You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:36 PM

I've been watching it.  I think it might be a keeper.  It's been pretty interesting so far.  Also, Jared Padalecki is the guy who played Dean on Gilmore Girls.  I know there are a few fans of that show on here too. biggrin.gif

#4 beachbumm

beachbumm

Support Relay for Life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 08:40 PM

Yes I loved Dean from GG! and Jason from Smallville  smile.gif And I think the show is really cool. It has had a rough start but I think it has promise  smile.gif

~Ally

#5 echoesrocker

echoesrocker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 08:48 PM

As for a new show, I think it is on the rise. But i am kinda catching on to it. Every show is a mission they need to solve to get closer to their missing father. What happens when they do find their father? The show ends? Or they continue the search of some demon....

#6 minara

minara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,294 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:30 AM

I think the show has two missions: to find their missing father and to find the demon/spirit/whatever that killed their mother and Sam's girlfriend.

#7 BassetCase

BassetCase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:41 AM

I have been watching that show. It is pretty good.  I hope it sticks around.

#8 MonkeyShine

MonkeyShine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:46 PM

Love it, Love it, Love it!!! I have been a Jensen Ackles fan since he was on Days of our Lives (which I dont watch anymore), but I am severly addicted to Dark Angel (even though its not on anymore), and love, love, love Jensen. Supernatural has been a good show, so far, although up against another show I watch, so I have to tape it and watch it the next day.

#9 Tracy

Tracy

Believer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:49 PM

I'm addicted to it.

But I scare easily (I had nightmares after 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'. Even I know it's pathetic.), so I Tivo it + watch it Weds afternoon lol.

But it's amazing, I love it.

#10 EYE AM HOLLYWOOD

EYE AM HOLLYWOOD

I'LL EAT YOUR FUCKING BRAINS...BITCH!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:17 AM

I really like this show, and I can't wait for next week's "Bloody Mary" episode.  This show's only been around for 3 weeks and I'm already geekin' out for it.  The first episode with the woman in white was awesome, and the girl who played it was smohhhhhkin!  If a ghost were ever to rape me, I'd hope it looked like her.

#11 chocolate_lover06

chocolate_lover06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:04 PM

I <3 this show!! I watched the season premiere and OMG...it was freakin awesome! I've been watching it ever since (cuz I'm into that kinda stuff...supernatural). This is a great show with a lot of potential as post 2 said.
It comes on in an hour here!!  biggrin.gif

Jared Padalecki is HOT! (He's the hotter of the two brothers...lol...at least i think so.)

o0o Hali o0o

#12 30Imthehunter

30Imthehunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:48 PM

Omg! I absolutly love this show, it is so great and different. Jensen Ackles plays a great role, and its nice to be able to stare at him for an hour every week. I love these types of shows their very interesting to watch and to see what happens, and not to mention its also good when you have to gorgeous leading men. I would give this show 10 stars I LOVE IT! biggrin.gif

#13 Tracy

Tracy

Believer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:41 PM

I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!!

I had to work, and freaking Tivo was broken, + I forgot to set up a tape!!!

What happened?

#14 hotforjared

hotforjared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:08 PM

Yes, I love this show, watched it from the beginning. The only thing that bugs me is that the older son's name is Dean and I am so used to the younger son as Dean on Gilmore Girls. The older is def. hotter!!!

#15 minara

minara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,294 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:05 AM

I'm a little behind on the episodes...but I watched the pilot, the one with the guy that haunts the forest/old mine,  the one with the kid in the lake, and the one on the airplane.

Its a great show.  LOVE IT!

#16 TongaLH

TongaLH

Let the Music Play!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:28 AM

Watched it for the first time last night.
Pretty cool.

#17 dancexbiznatch

dancexbiznatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(minara @ Oct 1 2005, 03:37 AM)
Ok I started watching Supernatural.  This show rocks.

I <3 Jensen Ackles. 

Gonna miss him on Smallville!  Which I haven't seen the season premiere for yet, so shut your mouths before you even tell me! I'm avoiding the Smallville thread like the plague =)

Ok so basically, the premise of this show is that there are two brothers (Dean, played by Ackles, and Sam, played by Jared Padalecki) who witness their mothers death by unknown, 'supernatural' forces when Dean is 5 and Sam is just a baby.  Jump 20 years and they are on a mission to find their father, a demon/ghost hunter who has vanished.  The take up the family trade and set off.  Of note: Sam's girlfriend is found dead in the exact same manner as his mother was: sort of stuck to the ceiling, with a black 'ribbon' thing sort of holding her to the ceiling, enveloped in flames.

Ok, so who else watches it?

AGREE (:

#18 orgychamber666

orgychamber666

SOMF!!!...coz it is just better that way

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:47 PM

I FUCKING love this show....it is just fantastic to watch...i record it and watch amazing race then my friend comes over and we watch it late at night with the lights off...i mean it aint wicked scary but with the lights out it makes it much better to watch.

we are such pigs when we watch it too..i LOVE DEAN very fine and love how different he is from jason on smallville...such a badass..but anyways my friend and i watch it and say that Sam needs to get some poontang and that we would give it to him...i would take dean first and she takes sam and make a muy delicioso sandwich..much more that comes out of our mouths but i will try to keep this message clean as i can.....but yeah the show is crazy good

#19 Rarz

Rarz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:09 PM

I'm bumping this just because.

Well really it's better than starting a new thread.

Well basically I've been noticing more and more people liking it and talking about it. So maybe instead of hijacking the OC thread we can talk here.

Trust Amanda to have started this thread. smile.gif

Meanwhile...I don't know where you're up to in the US but the Season 2 premiere is coming up on the 15th here in Aus.

#20 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:17 PM

Good show!! But I've missed the past 6 or so episodes of this season. I did catch the one with the zombie people, but that's it.