MOVIE THREAD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9937 replies to this topic

#9901 Fedra

Fedra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

2 people i know saw the hunger games and they were quite positive about it so i'm gonna see it tomorrow after my last exam.

Does annybody know a good horror movie caus it's my favoutite genre but i just can't seem to find a good one.
The last one i saw was don't be affraid of the dark and it was okay but not scary enough, looking for some realy creepy stuff right now.

#9902 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostQuietChaos, on 25 March 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

I've read the books and can't decide if I want to go see it or not. I've heard some say it's awesome but others not so much. I really, really enjoyed the books so I'm afraid I'll be disappointed in the movie. It just usually happens that way for me.

I know what you mean about the younger actors LOL. How was that Outbreak movie you posted about earlier? I've seen so many of those types of movies, I can't remember which ones I have and haven't now.

i went with my sis and her coworkers and a friend of ours, and all of them except our friend had read the books and they were overall happy with it. they all commented that there were a few things changed (something about a mockingjay pin and the fact that they left out a few of the more graphic scenes) but for the most part it was pretty on point. i think it's more for the ratings and what the producers decided the public would like to see, i.e. for the greater good/box office sales, lol. it's a decent movie, i'll probably read the books as there were a few things in there that i think i'd have appreciated more had i read the books. i was very very apprehensive about going in the first place as i thought it would be like twilight where the story was lukewarm (but better than not reading at all lol) and the movie was even worse (so bad i refuse to see the subsequent ones). definitely not the case here!

it's not that i don't like younger actors...i just think they should have talent just like everyone else who should be cast in a movie, lol. Outbreak was pretty good, it was an older movie so at some points it was a little cheesy/dated but the story was good. worth a watch, not sure how many re-watches. it's one of those stories that's kindof alarming because it could happen a lot easier than, oh, say, ghosts coming back from the dead and killing folks, lol. i'd say watch it!

#9903 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

On the topic of books brought to screen - anyone watched extremely loud incredibly close? I liked the book a lot and the movie premiere for Poland was announced for april now I've learnt it's postponed till june and i'm a bit upset so I wonder is it worth waiting for...

I saw Touching the void (2003) It's a documentary two climbers tell their story of surviving in Peruvian Andes... I've bitten my nails while watching it :unsure:.

#9904 Fedra

Fedra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:15 AM

The hunger games will have to wait a little longer, i was gonna watch it online but quality is awfull so i'll have to wait untill it's out on dvd.

I saw Shark night instead but it wasn't as good as i expected, it's like a bad copy of jaws  <_< .

Where have al the good and bloodstained movies gone?

#9905 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

This evening, I finally got around to watching the film Final Destination 5. Having already seen the first four films in the franchise, I have to honestly say, the critics were sincerely right... this fifth installment was the best film of the entire series! Personally, my justification as to what completely made this particular movie for myself, is the really juicy and unexpected twist played out at the very end of the movie!

*Spoiler Alert!*

At the end of the film, the two characters whom ultimately escaped death, and were a couple, boarded flight 180 to Paris, France, due to the protagonist of the film, the one whom experience the initial vision of the accident in the beginning of the film, accepting a chef internship. The camera zoomed into their boarding passes, which once again, stated that they were on flight 180 to Paris, France, and that it is the year 2000... the year in which the first film of the franchise, simply known as Final Destination, takes place. Two fellow passengers, whom were also main characters in the first film, are seen being removed from the plane after causing a hysteria and warning all fellow passengers to get off the airplane, since it was going to blow up (as what did indeed happen if you watch the first film).

I thought something might be going on, since they were referencing Paris, France and the internship throughout the film, and I remembered that was where flight 180 was heading in the first film, but WOW! It was genuinely quite an enthralling surprise to learn at the end of this film, that it was all a prequel to the first film and franchise! Which additionally, makes sense as to why the fourth film was simply titled The Final Destination, as chronologically, it was the last one to take place.

One random, last note... my mom was in the living room sort of watching this movie with me, and she thought at the beginning of the film that Tom Cruise was the actor behind the character of Peter. In which in all sincerity, the actor Miles Fisher does possess a strong resemblance to Tom Cruise.

#9906 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

I watched Insidious and Inception again recently, still as good as ever.

#9907 LateToTheParty

LateToTheParty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Saw Wrath of the Titans this weekend...It was GREAT!

#9908 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

A friend and I went to the movie theater last night, and we saw 21 Jump Street. Personally, I found it to be an incredibly funny and hysterical film! It would certainly not surprise me if this were to be named one of the funniest films of the year... there were a lot of dick jokes placed in the movie, but if you are looking to laugh and be entertained for nearly two hours, then I would absolutely recommend watching it. :) We were almost about to go see American Reunion, but I am very glad and relieved that we chose to watch this film instead!

#9909 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

View PostCoco Converse, on 12 April 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

A friend and I went to the movie theater last night, and we saw 21 Jump Street. Personally, I found it to be an incredibly funny and hysterical film! It would certainly not surprise me if this were to be named one of the funniest films of the year... there were a lot of dick jokes placed in the movie, but if you are looking to laugh and be entertained for nearly two hours, then I would absolutely recommend watching it. :) We were almost about to go see American Reunion, but I am very glad and relieved that we chose to watch this film instead!

American Pie is better...

#9910 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Outbreak was good, because of the "it could actually happen" factor. I like end of days [or even just disruption of days] stuff.
~
Sucker Punch
Accidentally.
Twice in the last week.

The first time I clicked on it 30 minutes into the film.
The second time I came in 20 minutes into the film...

I enjoyed what I watched, the whole alternate universe thing, but that first 20 minutes must be something cause without them, I am still lost.

#9911 QuietChaos

QuietChaos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

View Post30STM2002-2008RIP, on 12 April 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

American Pie is better...

I can't believe this.. hellfire and brimstone may start to fall shortly.. but I gotta agree with RIP..

American Reunion
is awesome! Yeah, it's not really plot driven.. it's raunchy like the others and all that. But it's funny as heck. I love the guy who plays Stiffler, he's too funny.  I really wondered if this would be decent or not, but took a chance and went to see it and it is funny!

View PostCandyO, on 13 April 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Outbreak was good, because of the "it could actually happen" factor. I like end of days [or even just disruption of days] stuff.

so it's like The Stand?

You never did see that (if I remember correctly in you saying you didn't want to.. you had read the book, loved it, and for you that was enough)

I do like these movies..even the ones that seem to go a bit 'too far'. Like 'Day After Tomorrow'.. not sure exactly if things would go down like that. But imagine if it did?

Finally saw The Hunger Games.. yes, it was good...the book is still better.

Happy Feet Two .. awesome. Who doesn't love penguins? Who doesn't love dancing?

Titanic 3D is just an enhanced version of Rose being a selfish cow who refuses to move her ass over..

Am dying to see Prometheus when it comes..Ridley Scott! Aliens! Blade Runner! What's not to love.. Check it out...

#9912 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

I liked the Hunger Games, seen it a while back. Tonight I was dragged to Cabin In The Woods,.....
I'm like "I don wanna!!! it will be lame" It was freaking awesome... totally seems like it will be the typical slasher film, but it is sooo not, it is like Hunger Games/ slasher/ nightmares come to life/Cabin On The Lake or W/E that one movie was called.
If you like horror with a twist go see it.

#9913 Citizen Erased

Citizen Erased

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

I wanna see the Hunger Games :'(

Saw a movie not too long ago, I think it was called Contagion? I didn't care for it.

#9914 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

just saw Chronicle the other night...would've been better if the plot was fleshed out a little more but i could understand what they were trying to go for. just seemed a lot of the events were smushed in there to say that they made it into the film. the last few scenes were pretty cool, if not uncomfortable, lol. the ending definitely left some to be desired.

#9915 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

Went to see the Hunger Games - I haven't read the books yet so was happy to enjoy it with no preconceived ideas of anything  :)  was a great film and mde me wnt to read the books so win win I think.

#9916 Jibril

Jibril

A lying heroīs perfect fake.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

If you ever get the opportunity to watch the independent movie "Dreaming for you" by Irish actor/director Eoin Macken: Do it! Itīs a very touching movie with great actors.

Trailer:

#9917 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

View Postlisamcg, on 03 May 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

Went to see the Hunger Games - I haven't read the books yet so was happy to enjoy it with no preconceived ideas of anything  :)  was a great film and mde me wnt to read the books so win win I think.

i did it that way too -- loved the book more than the movie but i appreciate the movie too :) need to find the other 2 books now.

tried to watch cowboys vs aliens last night...fell asleep after the first abduction, lol

#9918 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

forgive me for double posting but THE AVENGERS WARRANTS IT.

it is SUCH a good movie. please everyone go see it. joss whedon fans, you will not be disappointed with what he's done with this movie. absolute must-see! :D

#9919 Jibril

Jibril

A lying heroīs perfect fake.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

View Postshannon leto, on 10 May 2012 - 07:46 AM, said:

forgive me for double posting but THE AVENGERS WARRANTS IT.

it is SUCH a good movie. please everyone go see it. joss whedon fans, you will not be disappointed with what he's done with this movie. absolute must-see! :D
Agree. Yes. Tonight. 2nd time.  :D

#9920 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostJibril, on 10 May 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

Agree. Yes. Tonight. 2nd time.  :D

we went to see it in 3D, in a theater that also has DBOX:

http://www.d-box.com/en/movie-theatre/
http://en.wikipedia....nhanced_cinemas

and it was even more awesome in addition to the 3D aspect! of course it's a little more expensive but it's totally worth it!