MOVIE THREAD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9937 replies to this topic

#9881 emmaloves30stm

emmaloves30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:59 AM

Saw Bridesmaids the other day and they was pretty funny!  Got a bit of cliche at the end but a good chick flick to watch on a friday/Saturday night.

i have still got Mr. Nobody on DVDand keep forgetting to watch it! :(   Will have to try at some point in the next couple of weeks.

#9882 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostAneczka, on 03 January 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

I saw Mission Impossible 4, OMG unstoppable Tom Cruise :lol: climing Burj Khalifa, running through desert storm  B) I'm not usually into this kind of movies but I have to admit it was fun.

Yep I saw it too, if you like Tom Cruise and action, you will like it.

Oh yeah I saw The War Horse, it was slow, but a decent story. Sappy and nicely filmed.

Bad Teacher was good for a few laughs.

#9883 SSara

SSara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

I saw My week with Marilyn at cinema a few weeks ago, it was good  ;) Though I think she was portraited a little bit too much as a weak/fragile person, (though I've read she was afraid of what people would think of her while acting/they would think she was a bad actress etc)

#9884 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

just watched Hanna last night. that girl is so eerily pretty, lol, and the pacing and everything was very awkward. not sure if i'd recommend it to most folks, although i did kindof like the line "i just missed your heart..."

#9885 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

I watched "THE VOW" a few days ago and I have to say... It's definitely not my kind of movie!

Sure, it's a true story and it's a wonderful story but the movie is veeeeery slow! You can prophesy exactly what will happen next and what someone will say the next time he or she opens his or her mouth... I could hardly resist sleeping  :blink:  -_-

But maybe other people think otherwise about this movie... it's just my point of viewing  ^_^

#9886 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

I went to see The Woman in Black  :) was pretty good and creepy(kinda like the good old Hammer Horrors) I was also really impressed how good Daniel Radcliffe was  ;) Just a pity that a family in front of us kept screaming then giggling and chatting through the entire movie  :huh:

#9887 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

I know it's not new but I watched Resident Evil yesterday...

Don't really like this kind of movie because things like this CAN happen!
First: the movie is just the lower version of good old "Doom", don't you think?  :huh:
Second: Some countries already have created a virus which is able to wipe out the whole humanity in a few days!  :unsure: That makes me a bit afraid... :(

#9888 QuietChaos

QuietChaos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

I saw The Vow. It was awful. I totally expected so much more, so it's probably that it just let me down. But it was too predictable and just fell flat. I adore Rachel McAdams and she did a good job, but I just didn't enjoy this movie like I thought I would.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - I didn't like it. Wish I hadn't seen it actually.

Drive with Ryan Gosling. An awesome film. Not a feel-good movie by any means, but it's fantastic. Best I've seen in a long while. I recommend it to everyone.

#9889 Fedra

Fedra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

This week I saw War Horse, 27 dresses and Troy.
It's been a movie week.
But if there's nothing interesting in tv you gotta watch some movies right  ;) .

War Horse had a nice story and it's a beautifull horse, but kinda sad when he runs trough all the barb wire and finaly falls to the ground.  :(
But a happy ending after all  :lol: .

#9890 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Watched Clash of the Titans (the new one), eh it was alright. Also saw the new Muppets movie -- how cute! :lol:

#9891 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

finally got around to watching Easy A and it was hilarious   :D I definitely recommend it for a good laugh out loud film  ;)

#9892 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

American Pie 4 is coming soon, can't wait.

#9893 kate30stm

kate30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

"The Greatest Movie Ever Sold"

Really enjoyed this, very informative and I like Morgan Spurlock so it was a win win for me. Definitely recommend it if you're interested in advertising, brand creation, product placement and how we're being sold something 24/7 even without knowing it.

#9894 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

saw johnny english reborn, pretty cute. always a fan of mr. bean!

#9895 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

Has anybody ever seen the film Mulholland Drive? I finally got around to watching it together, after having the Netflix envelope sitting ontop of the coffee table for weeks... Holy calamari, that was quite the mindfuck of two and a half hours!  :blink: At the end of the film, I was left massively confused, until I looked up on the internet an explanation behind the whole film, in which certainly never crossed my mind while viewing it.

Also, a couple of weeks ago I watched Love & Other Drugs, with Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway. In my personal opinion, I felt that there were numerous parts of this movie in which seemed to be incredibly stretched out, leaving myself looking at the clock and waiting for the film to end... was not as great of a film as I was anticipating it to be, honestly.

Next month, Titanic is going to be re-released in 3D and in IMAX! :) Is anybody planning on going to see that?

#9896 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Watching Outbreak on G4...have to say if my boyfriend got off a plane looking like hell run over twice I'd have to pass on kissing him ... yet that guy's gf nearly sucked his face off, lol... decent movie so far!

#9897 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

Watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona and have to admit it was quite nice ;)

#9898 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Just saw the hunger games. Having not read the books it was an alright movie, I may even read the books now lol I did like the girl who played katniss, she's pretty and can emote fairly well. Just refreshing to see younger actors with some talent nowadays :lol:

#9899 QuietChaos

QuietChaos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

I saw 'Silent House'.. horror movie. Or so it said. Eh, it was okay. I'm either too desensitized now though..or Hollywood simply can't make a decent horror flick.

Saw an older movie ( well, not old but not new ) called '21' this weekend. Stars Kevin Spacey and was based on the true story of the real-life MIT Black Jack team. This movie was awesome..absolutely loved it!

And finally... Ides of March with George Clooney and Ryan Gosling. Excellent movie. Nice eye candy too  ;)

View Postshannon leto, on 25 March 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

Just saw the hunger games. Having not read the books it was an alright movie, I may even read the books now lol I did like the girl who played katniss, she's pretty and can emote fairly well. Just refreshing to see younger actors with some talent nowadays :lol:

I've read the books and can't decide if I want to go see it or not. I've heard some say it's awesome but others not so much. I really, really enjoyed the books so I'm afraid I'll be disappointed in the movie. It just usually happens that way for me.

I know what you mean about the younger actors LOL. How was that Outbreak movie you posted about earlier? I've seen so many of those types of movies, I can't remember which ones I have and haven't now.

#9900 emmaloves30stm

emmaloves30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:47 AM

View PostQuietChaos, on 25 March 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

I've read the books and can't decide if I want to go see it or not. I've heard some say it's awesome but others not so much. I really, really enjoyed the books so I'm afraid I'll be disappointed in the movie. It just usually happens that way for me.

I know what you mean about the younger actors LOL. How was that Outbreak movie you posted about earlier? I've seen so many of those types of movies, I can't remember which ones I have and haven't now.

I am just like that with Stephen King books/movies.  :(