what is Echelon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 ola

ola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:24 PM

What is Echelon and how do you get to be a member?

Thank You,

Ale

#2 islandgirl

islandgirl

0620-004-0712

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,504 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:15 PM

You can't be a member at the present.........not until they re-vamp the website, which will supposedly tie into the release of their new CD.

#3 ola

ola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:12 AM

im sorry, im not satisfied with that answer. Can someone please elaborate? What was it before? Why has it been closed off? and why are some better than others?

#4 islandgirl

islandgirl

0620-004-0712

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,504 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:20 AM

sorry then.  do a search for "echelon" and perhaps you'll find your answer there.

#5 BeccaLuvs30sTm

BeccaLuvs30sTm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:49 AM

Im kind of confused too, but about a year ago I was in it...they send you 'missions' in the email.  That is where you go help promote the band, and if you helped promote hella good, you would recieve 'prizes'  such as wristbands, etc...Then I stopped getting online for a while, an when I got back on here it wouldnt let me join and i stopped recieving 'missions'...some say its because it is closed, some make it seem like a conspiracy.  This is my take on it...make flyers, go out and hang them up in your area...spread the word, make all your friends listen to the album(they will get hooked of course), just do anything you can(be creative), you may not get recognized for it, but thats not why we do it!  As for others being 'better'....we are all devoted fans, we wouldn't be on here if we werent...so if you love their music, and you want to get them in your area, my guess is help premote!  You may not be 'officially' in the Echelon, but you still did your part didn't you?  Isn't that what a devoted fan does?

~*~Becca~*~

#6 DJKSea

DJKSea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 03:19 PM

I couldnt have said it better.... Well done!

K

#7 ola

ola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 07:11 PM

Thank you!

Thank you, for being straight up.

Now when people read the message they can feel at ease because they have been given a means of action.  Wether they do it or not and wether thats the "way in" to Echelon, is not the piont.

The point is, that those of you who are veterans    of this message board can be helpful to the band and answer questions -straight up...this bands music and who they are should be heard...especially by those who feel "left out"

Thanks again,  even to those members of the post-modern aristocrasy.

One love,

Ale

...about 10min later I found the lyrics...I also found Echelon...and I'm scared...and whats the point of Echelon? if nothing is secret anyways...don't you think its ironic?

#8 ArcanusDubitare

ArcanusDubitare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:17 AM

When I was still new to the boards, I was wondering about the Echelon while listening to the song.  It was a bit of a taunt.

#9 BeccaLuvs30sTm

BeccaLuvs30sTm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for the complement.....i wasnt sure if i would get critisized for what i said or not!!!

~*~Becca~*~

#10 thedarkhideout

thedarkhideout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:18 PM

You worded it quite nicely, Becca.

.::Josh::.

[echelon]

#11 Branka

Branka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:23 PM

"Whats with the fascination with the Echelon?Whats wit h the constant questions that you have this time?"

Heh.People always wonder what it is.

#12 SoulSearcher

SoulSearcher

Circles never end.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,919 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:04 AM

"Whats with the fascination with the Echelon?Whats with the constant questions that you have this time?"

=o)

Vee

#13 SoulSearcher

SoulSearcher

Circles never end.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,919 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:05 AM

I just registrerd to the mailinglist, a popup appeared asking me if I wanted to be in the Echelon, so I accepted...

...thats how I got into the Echelon...and now Im "promoting" them here (in Sweden).

30STM have said that the Echelon will be open again when the new album is realeased...not to far away...so keep in there.

Good luck.

V

[Echelon - Sweden]

#14 Swirlzes

Swirlzes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:26 AM

Echelon is the army divisions.  I would like to join the Echelon and promote them here in New Jersey.  I always leave propaganda around so then people might check them out.