• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 newfanthatlovesyou

newfanthatlovesyou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

I need to see 30 seconds to mars !! They are amazing. But I Just wondered if there will be a tour this year and wondered if anyone else who hasn't seen these guys yet feels the urgent need to see them !

#2 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

After two years of non stop touring they are taking a well deserved break. I wouldn't expect any gigs this year. Perhaps a one off, but I doubt even that. Guess we'll have to wait till they come with a new album in a year or two.

#3 SSara

SSara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:08 AM

View Postnewfanthatlovesyou, on 22 January 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

I need to see 30 seconds to mars !! They are amazing. But I Just wondered if there will be a tour this year and wondered if anyone else who hasn't seen these guys yet feels the urgent need to see them !

I've never seen them live, and of course I would love to have the chance to do so in the nearest future! I can't wait, but also I think they really need the break. I want them to come back with fresh new energy ready to make it even better than before  :P

#4 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

View PostSSara, on 23 February 2012 - 06:08 AM, said:

I've never seen them live, and of course I would love to have the chance to do so in the nearest future! I can't wait, but also I think they really need the break. I want them to come back with fresh new energy ready to make it even better than before  :P

I have seen them several times when they were performing live and really think they NEED their break or they may'd collapse! They did everything they could do for us and traveled the whole planet to rock for us.
Those shows I've seen were AMAZING, also the last one in Cologne ;)

But they need to catch their breath and so I hope they will be back in a year or two... fresh as always and with fun by exciting the whole ECHELON  :wub:

I also hope for a new album but they said that they don't even know they'll ever make music again... :(
But I hope for the best and so I'm very looking forward to seeing them live in concert again!!!  :lol:

#5 SSara

SSara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

^ I thought about going to Cologne by myself but in the end I didn't. Everyone say their shows are amazing and I can only visualize how it must be live! I watched the 300th show at VyRT though, well spended money imo  :lol:

#6 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostSSara, on 23 February 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

^ I thought about going to Cologne by myself but in the end I didn't. Everyone say their shows are amazing and I can only visualize how it must be live! I watched the 300th show at VyRT though, well spended money imo  :lol:

I can tell you that standing in the crowd and feeling the connection of all those people and their energy when they're getting fucking crazy (and I promise you they do  :P ) is the most amazing and inspiring feeling you can get on this earth!!!  :lol:

And what's also special about Mars is that they don't need 1000 dancers to get the crowd move -it's just them and their music and it's totally outta this world! :wub:

Really need to see them again sometimes!!! ^_^

#7 Fedra

Fedra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

I agree.

When i saw them 30th of November last year at Antwerp it was the first time i saw them live.
It felt amazing  :D .
I felt like i finaly found myself, i felt at home, like i found a whole new family.
At that very point i became one of the ECHELON  :wub:

I hope they will tour again some and ofcourse i wouldn't want to miss their show for annything in the world  ;) .

But let's now give the guys their rest, the need it.

View Postgermanechelonsoldier, on 23 February 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

I can tell you that standing in the crowd and feeling the connection of all those people and their energy when they're getting fucking crazy (and I promise you they do  :P ) is the most amazing and inspiring feeling you can get on this earth!!!  :lol:

And what's also special about Mars is that they don't need 1000 dancers to get the crowd move -it's just them and their music and it's totally outta this world! :wub:

Really need to see them again sometimes!!! ^_^

#8 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

And I hope they come back like this. Just normal clothes, a normal stage and Jared singing...

#9 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

View PostColin, on 26 February 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

And I hope they come back like this. Just normal clothes, a normal stage and Jared singing...

Sorry, I can't follow the link but what do you want to say with "normal clothes" and "Jared singing"? I mean he IS singing, or? Otherwise you couldn't call it "Concert"... :lol:

#10 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

It's a video of Paradiso in November 2009 with the band performing "This is War". What Colin means is that during the subsequent tours in 2010 & 2011 Jared started singing less and less and letting the audience sing more. There is a difference between singing WITH the audience instead of letting them sing key parts. Yes there is the summit pieces, which I get. But he had been singing much less parts of the songs than he has in the past (though he still sings the majority of it haha!). So yeah I'm with you on that one Colin.

Regarding the clothes, I couldn't really care much. He's always worn odd stuff :lol:

Here's the vid (I loved that gig btw, it was so much fun):

#11 SSara

SSara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostColin, on 26 February 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

I am used to this "normal clothes/stage" etc, not with 30stm and Jared but another band/singer. I sometimes want it to be "normal" too but when it comes to 30stm and Jared I find it all 'as it should be'. Your statement got me surpriced cause I didn't know that also some echelons want the guys to be "normal" too as some of the fans of that other band I mentioned above.  ;)

#12 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

:lol:

View PostSSara, on 27 February 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

I am used to this "normal clothes/stage" etc, not with 30stm and Jared but another band/singer. I sometimes want it to be "normal" too but when it comes to 30stm and Jared I find it all 'as it should be'. Your statement got me surpriced cause I didn't know that also some echelons want the guys to be "normal" too as some of the fans of that other band I mentioned above.  ;)

I'm sorry but please notice: the following is really NOT WRITTEN WITH A BAD INTENT!!! :lol:
I just would like to tell you my mind.. :P  

@SSara, do you really want them to be normal? I mean I don't want to because if they were normal, they weren't different! They would be like all the other small and un-famous bands which only cover songs from artists who are also not famous... The thing is not that I want everybody on this earth to know the guys -definetely NOT! I would be happy if they would only sing for me^^- but I mean it's their spirit, their determination!
Why should they suppress what they really are? They are weird! They are funny! And they wear things normal people wouldn't even think of to wear! But it's them and I think they should be allowed to be themselves and listen to THEIR heartbeat!

Their music is special and they are special! I think it would be f***ing boring on this planet without people like them... they inspire millions -me included- and they give us hope -me also included- and they do things which are epic and wonderful! (Have you ever seen something like "the Ride" before? And another point on that: All those people in this short-film are also weird... they all are special and may seem strange to the "normal" people but it's them -it's their personality and THEIR LIFE! And even if Jared, Shannon and Tomo want to get pierced in their face (PLEASE GUYS DON'T!!!) it would be their decision...

I hope you can understand what I mean B) Sometimes when I get into talking about the band I can't stop for ages and don't realize I bore all the readers to death... :lol:

and @VanillaMintFusion: thank you really much for the short review! :D

#13 SSara

SSara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

^ don't worry, I don't find that as a bad intent. It's your opinion  :P  And no, I do not want 30stm to be normal, like I wrote there is another band that sometimes I use to think that I would like them to be "normal" again, like they were before. But when it comes to 30stm I agree with you 110%  :D

#14 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostSSara, on 28 February 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

^ don't worry, I don't find that as a bad intent. It's your opinion  :P  And no, I do not want 30stm to be normal, like I wrote there is another band that sometimes I use to think that I would like them to be "normal" again, like they were before. But when it comes to 30stm I agree with you 110%  :D

Okay, then I'm happy you didn't take it the bad way^^

Now I also agree with you :D ....about 130 percent  :lol:

#15 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

I just meant that the music should be the main thing. I didn't mean that they should change radically. But ,as the tour progressed, the shows become more and more an 'act', Jared said the same things every show (people not jumping, security guards, etc.), strange clothes ( Of course it's 30stm so that's a part of it, but it shouldn't 'dominate' the music).
So, the music should be the most important, not everything around it. Even though you want a great show, you're there because you love the music.
You can compare it to politics  :rolleyes: . People nowadays look at the personality 'the face' of a politician, not at his ideas.

#16 Mars.echelon

Mars.echelon

Not So Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Like I said a few months ago, I don't expect them to be back with a new album before 2014.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users